What are the top 3 electronic groups that have changed your life?

besitos

Greenlighter
Mine, for example: Vanilla, Aphex twin, Squarepusher.
If you like them as well feel free to make conversation. :3

monikers?

meat beat manifesto

nine inch nails

deep dish

/off the top of me 'ead

:)

richard james is well up there,

BUT

so are a hundred plus other producers from that seminal time in my life

Shpongle - The soundtrack to many of my dissociated explorations.

Excision - Introduced me to one of my favourite styles & helped keep me in that scene locally.

Benny Bennssi - I heard some of his Cooking for Pumpkin while channel-flipping one day. I said, "fuck it--I'm going to like EDM," so I recorded it & played it until I loved it.

DSKOTEK- Reason being they switch up their style alot. They never sound the same. I like that they can make decent tracks in various genres. From grimy ass thrash wobble to beautifully composed house tracks.

Calvertron- When i was introduced to dubstep and DNB this guy was big in inspiring me to get into EDM. I have watched him get pretty big. He just signed to Monstercat and has been working on some cool tracks.

Savant- Ok if you know Savant (you should) then you know why he is on the list. This dude is the shit. The fact that he looks just like Guy Fawkes is icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Simon Posford - (Hallucinogen, Shpongle, Younger Brother)
Orbital
Carl Cox

1. x-dream - the first 'name' psytrance act i ever saw live and it opened up a whole new world of wonder.
2. underworld - lager and shouting
3. the chemical brothers - i want 'the sunshine underground' player at my funeral.

i was lucky enough to see underworld and the chemical brothers on the same bill in san francisco one time. i bought the ticket to see underworld who were supporting the chemical brothers. i didn't really know the chemical brothers that well at the time and, to me, the bill was upside down.

the chemical brothers showed me, that night, why they were top of the bill.

alasdair

Future Prophecies
Noisia
Future Prophecies

future prophecies split and only one member is active
noisia dont make music i enjoy anymore

dieselboy - while not my favorite artist, if it wasn't for him I would have never discovered dnb
miguel migs - one of the my biggest influences in house music
kindzadza - his album "Waves from Inner Space" got me hooked on hi tech psytrance

Infected Mushroom- one of my favourite musical projects of all time. I first heard The Gathering and Classical Mushroom on my first ever 2C-I trip about 12 years ago. Absolutely blew me away and I've loved them ever since. Mid period got a bit dull- Vicious Delicious was fantastic but Black Shawarma was mediocre, but they came back with a bang (or wobble) with Army of Mushrooms.

Shpongle- group that turned me onto the more eclectic side of electronic music. The sublime atmosphere of Tales of the Inexpressible really resonated through me.

That's only two, but their the main candidates for me...

I would have to say...

Deep Dish (Noodle...they reunited! Look out for tour dates!)

Dieselboy- System Upgrade was f'ing huge for me. I physically used up that CD.

Underworld...everythingeverythingeverything...

Wut?

Hmmmmm.... Did Deep Dish in NYC in 2002/3 I believe.

I would love to see them again. Preferably down your ways.

:)

In no particular order:

Lotus - The first electronic act I saw ever back in 2008 or 2009. I've seen them quite a few times and they never fail to disappoint.

Bassnectar - His live sets are incredible and quite mindblowing and he was the first Dubstep/DnB artist I listened to and I went apeshit over his Amorphous Mixtape from 2011 or so.

Pendulum - I got to see them live around April of 2012 to close out my first electronic music festival I ever went to. They were the ones who got me hooked on the whole electronic music scene. When Witchcraft came on the whole entire place went absolutely fucking nuts, and I will always remember that moment forever and ever. Too bad they went all Miami EDM with Knife Party... Would go apeshit if I could see those guys play a DnB set again.

This list is mostly a product of my life experiences:

The Prodigy - I don't listen to them that much anymore, but they were one of the first EDM acts that I actually enjoyed. I liked them before I even knew the difference between trance or techno. :)

Infected Mushroom - The first rave I ever went to (back in 2004) had IM as headliners. Their first few albums are genre-defining masterpieces.

Simon Posford - Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, Infinity Project, Celtic Cross - What more can I say? :) Although to be honest the last two Shpongle albums didn't click for me. Tales of the Inexpressible still brings a sense of wonder and discovery (even after listening to the album 150+ times).

Astral Projection - my first real introduction to goa and really, EDM in general. I was like 15 and living in Louisiana downloading Astral Projection MP3s over the 56k dialup connection. People can fly! Wheee!

Shpongle - Words cannot express the wonderful worlds that Simon Posford and Raja Ram have exposed me to with their various projects but Shpongle and Hallucinogen are by far the most influential to me. Tales of the Inexpressible takes me on a magical journey every time I listen to it with or without drugs involved and Divine Moments of Truth has to be one of the most epic electronic songs that I've ever heard and is nothing short of a masterpiece in psychedelic achievement.

Sasha & Digweed - No matter how much my musical tastes evolve, I never have a problem with any of the Exposure series albums being played at any time. Sasha & Digweed have this combined magic that is just hard to top by any standards. Out of the duo, Sasha is definitely my favorite. Airdrawndagger is yet another great work of art.

Some other candidates: Carbon Based Lifeforms, Autechre, Tiesto, and Armin van Buuren.