• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Feeling Sick - withdrawal, depression -are these symptoms normal ??

speeder37

Greenlighter
I have been ( at least temporarily ) cut off from adderall and I suspect my doctor knows I have abused it since they have tested my urine for amphetamine and it came back negative which means a) I have been finishing it sooner than expected or b) selling it. Of course I have never done b. The adderall withdrawl not as bad as four days without neurontin or GABAPENTIN I am prescribed 3000mg or 600mg five items a day. I finished early last week and went through four days of horrible withdrawl. I got the script today from my doctor (with no refills) but still have that sick feeling.
Also is it common to feel irritable and angry all the time with these withdrawals. ?? I am just watching myself loosing everything being buried under overdraft fees,late fees and fines. I just went through a really bad time with a business transfer and let's say the adderall + Prozac + GABAPENTIN sent me more toward the hypo manic end now I am at the depression end of the spectrum.

What are the reasons behind why you're finishing your medication early? Does the dose feel too low? Do you like the euphoria from a higher dose?

Speeder37: I've found depression and anger/irritability to be symptoms of gabapentin WD. I've been tapering my dose down after a spike in use, and have noticed these symptoms if I go more than 24 hours after my last dose.The depression seems to be strongest the morning after my last dose, and the anxiety/irritability kick in after 24 hours.

Magnesium seems to help the morning depression a tiny bit, as does chamomile tea and kava. Hopefully you get enough to taper down if you plan to quit. I would not advise cold turkey from my limited experience of it.

Speeder37: I've found depression and anger/irritability to be symptoms of gabapentin WD. I've been tapering my dose down after a spike in use, and have noticed these symptoms if I go more than 24 hours after my last dose.The depression seems to be strongest the morning after my last dose, and the anxiety/irritability kick in after 24 hours.

Magnesium seems to help the morning depression a tiny bit, as does chamomile tea and kava. Hopefully you get enough to taper down if you plan to quit. I would not advise cold turkey from my limited experience of it.

You picked a good time to respond. I forgot I wrote this thread but I am on Day #2 of not taking ANY. I ran out Monday and when I called several pharmacies to try to refill and/or transfer I was told the same thing 'they couldn't refill for another six days or until this coming Tuesday'.. It feels like flu like symptoms like a low grade fever, no appetite, upset stomach... I have been taking Bronkaid which is an OTC cough medicine that has since been pulled from market (can only purchase thru Ebay for $60) has Ephedrine in it.. I have been taking several 750MG GABA tablets, Magnesium and Advil liqui gels thruout the day...

When you discontinue the use of mind altering substances it's common for you to feel changes in the way your mind acts/reacts or how much motivation you have and any number of other symptoms that may occur. It's dificult to think now, but with time your body will even out and you will return back to your normal state.

From experience, this waiting period feels as of it goes on forever without change, but day by day you do in fact progress and return to your normal self little by little each day.

I wish you the best of luck, it certainly sounds like you've run into a patch of "everything is not going right", but keep your head up and do the best you can do with what you have. Try not to add additional anxieties into the mix as they don't help the situation and just cause you added mental anguish.

<3 Keep us updated on your progress. If you'd like, we do have a thread in our Sober Living forum for counting days, it gives a feeling of satisfaction each day you get to post a new number as you know you are making progress. You can find the April Getting/Staying Clean Thread here.