View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any of you folks good with descriptions give a side by side comparison of the visual effects of LSD to AL-LAD. Ive read so many people say "I cant tell the difference between the two" and then others say that the visuals have very different flavors but I want to see a comparison from someone who is very aquanted with AL-LAD to desxribe the difference in character of the visuals.

Of cause, It'll most likely be good for a couple years if stored properly. Purchasing a life time supply isn't the wisest if you ask me.

It's the wisest policy if it's never made available again. Al-lad in 30 years time that's only half as potent is still going to be 50% more potent than nothing.

I think David Nichols said he's had acid blotter stored at room temperature for 50 years that's as potent as the day he stored it - just keeps it in the dark in glass bottles.

Last edited:
Can any of you folks good with descriptions give a side by side comparison of the visual effects of LSD to AL-LAD. Ive read so many people say "I cant tell the difference between the two"

You're called al-laddin and you havn't actually had al-lad?

Difficult to describe the differences but I think anyone would be able to tell them apart. Al-lad seems to be completely overwhelming visually particularly at bigger doses like 300mics. It's not as good as acid for appreciating music tho.

haha.....actually I have but JUST recently .....I shall be indulging with a "REAL DOSE" at an event that I have been waiting for four months. Its been very difficult but .... My new band will be playing our first show at a festival. I have only flirted with AL_LAD .... just teased myself...I don't know if ill ever see it again so im going to go out with a bang....I now only have access to 375 ug. ;)

Ismene these are the type of descriptions ive read everywhere Im after a description of the character of the visuals. For example I would describe LSD visuals as extremely vivid, angular, kaleidoscopic, well formed, extremely detailed and often symmetrical geometry. I would describe the color palette as neon. Reds and greens stand out in particular.
I will use psilocybin as the comparison: Mushroom visuals tend to be less vivid in color saturation. Much rounder than LSD also more organic and chaotic asymmetrical in nature. The details aren't as pronounced as LSD. Patterns tend to be alien or surreal terrestrial landscapes. Or magnified organic tissue type landscape as if seeing through the eyes of a microscopic organism. The colors tend to be cooler , deep blues and violets. Also my field of vision tends to spiral with visuals appearing to "dance" in a clockwise spiraling motion while LSD tends to be less disorienting in this way.. The LSD visuals "move" but they don't seem to take "the world " with them if that makes sense.

Don't take the full 375 in public if you havn't dosed that high before al-laddin. I found the jump from 150 to 300 was far more than twice as strong. I could hardly think straight.

Difficult to describe the open eye visuals tho as I think it's subjective to the person and the dose, you seem to be desricribing more the closed eye visuals. You see alien stuff on mushrooms with your eyes closed but I don't really see it with my eyes open. I can't say I've spent much time with my eyes closed on al-lad.

Right, I gotcha....its just that I find the open eye visuals on psychs to basically be CEV overlay if that makes sense. Your CEVS sort of morph into visual stimulus and are effected by whatever happens to be in front of you. I find mushroom visuals to have a rounder and more organic shape and character.

When I dose 75ug I definitely found AL-LAD to have a lysergic character...but CEVs/OEVs never developed. Even still I cant put my finger on why I feel this way but AL-LAD had a "warmer" character in effects.

It's the wisest policy if it's never made available again. Al-lad in 30 years time that's only half as potent is still going to be 50% more potent than nothing.

I think David Nichols said he's had acid blotter stored at room temperature for 50 years that's as potent as the day he stored it - just keeps it in the dark in glass bottles.
Well, time will tell, won't it :)

I can't really be bothered to discuss LSD stability, but I can tell you that it's not my personal impression that LSD is super stable. And if it begins loosing potency, it's not just 50%, it's quickly going to turn almost inactive.

Obviously storing it properly is key.

Right, I gotcha....its just that I find the open eye visuals on psychs to basically be CEV overlay if that makes sense.

I don't find that tho, I tend to see lots of alien shit with my eyes closed on mushrooms but with my eyes open it's just like the world is a painting - lots of brighter colours and more beautiful. I don't see the same alien shapes imposed on everything.

Well, time will tell, won't it :)

True, I could be stuck with a load of bunk al-lad by xmas but I've yet to have any problem with storage. When I first started taking psychedelics it was "Eat your mushrooms or they lose 25% potency every 6 months". I was panicking until I stored some for 7 years with no loss of potency. I've had LSD for 5 years that's as potent as it was the day I got it. My hunch is al-lad will be the same. I think the main problem is people don't tend to store it for a long time so they never know. They buy a 10 strip, eat it within a month and so they're always vulnerable to people saying "Dude, it's bunk within a year you know".

haha.....actually I have but JUST recently .....I shall be indulging with a "REAL DOSE" at an event that I have been waiting for four months. Its been very difficult but .... My new band will be playing our first show at a festival. I have only flirted with AL_LAD .... just teased myself...I don't know if ill ever see it again so im going to go out with a bang....I now only have access to 375 ug. ;)

I'm in a band too and we play constantly, .. I hope your not going to play and trip on Al-Lad... that can be overwhelming but doable... Been there before .. :)

Nice Toltec, Im under the impression AL-LAD is quite gentle on the mind even though I couldn't get a good feel for it from 75ug. No its a three day fest. There will be plenty of time to separate the two activities!

I'm pretty confident it's not going to be more stable than LSD.
Just a hardhead. Always have been. All my dosages (once I do preemptive testing of course) tend to be in Erowid's 'heavy' category. I also just like to go balls tp the wall in general.

Had a rather bad trip on 150 ug. Setting wasn't right (middle of the desert), and I was plagued with stomach problems throughout. Overall the impression I left with was that I need to respect the drugs more, and not expect magic when I don't create a magical environment.

This experience was, not surprisingly, far less visual and intense than when I combined 150 ug with 50 mg of 5-MAPB.

Had a rather bad trip on 150 ug. Setting wasn't right (middle of the desert), and I was plagued with stomach problems throughout. Overall the impression I left with was that I need to respect the drugs more, and not expect magic when I don't create a magical environment.

This experience was, not surprisingly, far less visual and intense than when I combined 150 ug with 50 mg of 5-MAPB.
Lol, I love your username. I just started watching the first season of TNG again.

Also, sorry your trip didn't go well. I always thought it sounded cool to trip in the desert :/

Just want to check in after my second 150 mcg AL LAD trial, because my finding are very interesting. As many of you know, this compound feels quite similar to LSD, but with some obvious differences. The overall lysergic feel is there, and it's pretty giggly as far as I remember. In the opinions of myself, my wife, and close friend, the primary differences at this dose have to do with something lacking - the magic, synchronicity, psychic power, and kaleidoscopic nature of LSD is missing. The only real visual effects I have noted at this dosage is a unique sort of 3D effect on 2 dimensional surfaces (like paintings!), which is pretty cool, but I have not had any real movement-type visuals at the 150 mcg level. I'm looking forward to trying a larger dose, as some of you say it really changes the effects quite a lot!

In response to the dopaminergic question, AL LAD keeps you awake for about the same length of time as LSD, but it doesn't make you feel as focused and "on top of your game" for the second half of the trip the way LSD often does for me. As for peripheral stimulation, I would say that AL LAD is a little smoother than LSD, which is the one advantage I see it having.

Here's the most interesting thing, which I have now confirmed twice myself, and with my wife and close friend: Whatever it is that's missing from AL LAD's effects also prevent it from building a tolerance to LSD! 200 mcg of LSD the day after 150 mcg AL LAD showed no diminished effects! 200 mics, full on! This is a pretty amazing loophole if you want to trip 2 days in a row. I have not tried it the other way around, and don't want to waste my last few AL LAD blots on such an experiment.

On a side note, AL LAD also does not exhibit the same synergy with ketamine that LSD does.

Rumor has it that the main suppliers/vendors are planning to move to another EU country if that happens.

I'm super stoked. I missed it the last time it was available, I'll definitely be getting some this time. Between my stockpile of LSZ, my vial of LSD, and however much AL-LAD I acquire, I should have my hands full for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.