Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT - Somewhat Experienced - Near Death Experience and DMT

mestro

Greenlighter
I would like to engage in conversation about the relationship between NDE and DMT. I myself have a personal connection between the two and I would like to hear any others. Heres mine:

In the fall of 2011 I experienced a fatal overdose on heroin. Luckily someone called the ambulance and I was later revived and I woke up in the hospital. When I awoke, I had no recollection of a NDE. I was more like oh sh*t what happened and everyones going to find out I have an addiction! But that's irrelevant. Fast forward to 8 months later. It's the summer of 2012 and I could get my hands on DMT. I decide to try it. I'm with my best friend and his cousin who of which is an avid DMT user. She gives me one piece of advice and that is to "submit to the flow". I administer the DMT and seconds later I begin to panic! I was returned to the place I was in when I overdosed! It was the same exact feeling and place that is indescribable. Eventually I did submit to the flow and it became the best experience I've ever had. Simply life changing. There are no words to describe what one experiences on DMT but the best I can do is: I was welcomed into a light of changing colors that talked without speaking that welcomed me with unconditional love.

Any other experiences?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_neutral
exptype_spiritual
roacode_iv

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmt occurs natural in the human body.
I could be wrong but I belive some gets released in some circumstances with neat death experiences.
So theoreticaly, administering dmt and experiencing dmt flow during nde are technicaly the same thing, no?

I could be wrong but I belive some gets released in some circumstances with neat death experiences.
So theoreticaly, administering dmt and experiencing dmt flow during nde are technicaly the same thing, no?

your sure not wrong mate. Read DMT the spirit molecule or watch the movie!. Also after vaginal pregnancies, and meditation and fasting.

It let me let go of death- until I abused it with K too much, big no no for me.

OP..i had to laugh (not at you but with you)..so just wanted to point something out but im not being mean...it is not a fatal overdose unless you actually die.
;)

I've never had an NDE with DMT, even with smoked dosages up to 100mg. I've had it on 5-MeO-DMT....or I thought I always did until an experience over the summer...a 'NDE' on 5-MeO-DMT..

Relevent text from the vault:

Question: I have come across a problem during some of my trips. While I always make sure to have a positive set and setting, I run into some trouble when I try to work through a personal issue-I find it difficult to keep a positive mindset. Is it necessary (or possible even) to keep a positive mind set when the intention of the trip is to work through a problem?

Answer: I answer with an unrelated story that does ultimately relate.

I've had a little experience doing this lately. I had a situation that I loved as-is, in every way, become something I didn't plan on...and it was awesome. Then I started having 'intentions' for that unexpected surprise to 'go how I wanted it' forgetting to just experience it and let it be as it was....then I was disappointed when it did not go that way. The disappointment was profound to say the least. I grabbed the sacrament and went in with the 'mindset' that wherever it all means I shall learn to be at peace again. Well, to say the VERY least the experience was profound since I died!

I had the ultimate trip. I learned how to have a good death...welcome it every day because the universe may have that in store...be at peace with death whenever it comes, remember that your death could be a tragic one, and 'too early.' Remember that life isn't just yours, remember Oneness and that we are all that, remember that (leaving out the concepts of 'afterlife') that we live on in all the people we know and touch, we live on by sharing out experiences and knowledge with others...when they learn that knowledge and experience....they practice it in their lives...your life touches others when they react to you and modify their thinking or behaviors in response...and through that we will live eternally even in death. And if you do die a tragic death that was 'too soon' remember that the pain others feel in response is still a life lesson for them. Therefor, be at peace with death because that much is certain to happen...live every day to the fullest, learn every lesson possible, change your mind as much as you can so you don't get stuck in a death of regret and lost opportunity.

And that lesson of death was then taken to the next logical place....my circumstance that I loved but was happy with it as it was going...changed and instead of then experiencing the change and loving it for what it was, my 'ego' stepped in and 'decided' how that change should occur (expectations) that were not met, resulting in profound disappointment. Once I stopped experiencing the circumstances as what they were...and started experiencing it as 'what I want it to be' and 'what it should be' it turned south anyway.....so the sacrament reorientated my thinking back to accepting it as it was, not for what I wanted it to be....and I began to love 'what is' even more than I did before...and sure enough days later it changed again and became even MORE beautiful that I could have ever envisioned.

If you want to trip over a life circumstance...just practice letting the circumstance flood your mind, take in the pain the beauty and all other aspects, ask your God, or Gods or your Nothingness, or yourself, or the universe, or whatever flavor you like to give you the wisdom to gain the most from these sensations and to be able to apply them to 'real life' in a very meaningful way when you come down...when you come down practice those lessons to the fullest.

I apologize on the incorrect use of 'fatal'.. No need to laugh. A correction would suffice. Thanks

DMT has absolutely nothing to do with death. That's just some bullshit theory Strassman came up with that has no, absolutely NO, evidence to support it whatsoever.

In fact if you actually read any near death experiences what you hear about is "one steady light down a dark tunnell". Anyones who has taken DMT knows the idea that you see one white light down a dark tunnell is about as far from reality as you can possibly get. You see an absolute fucking explosion of riotous colours and exploding fractals.

DMT has absolutely nothing to do with death. That's just some bullshit theory Strassman came up with that has no, absolutely NO, evidence to support it whatsoever.

In fact if you actually read any near death experiences what you hear about is "one steady light down a dark tunnell". Anyones who has taken DMT knows the idea that you see one white light down a dark tunnell is about as far from reality as you can possibly get. You see an absolute fucking explosion of riotous colours and exploding fractals.

Sorry to correct you but not all dmt experiences are an explosion of colours and fractals.

I personally have never had the chance to try DMT but it occurs naturally in every living thing, I know people who have "died" and later been revived, my dad is one, and what they said about their NDE is very similar to what I've heard DMT trips to be like. I hypothesize that when you die the DMT is released in your brain to help your soul move on to the next world, I wish Terrence McKenna was still alive so he could figure it out for me lol

Well you can read my detailed response on DMT in the alien abduction thread.

DMT does provide a spiritual function, allowing multidimensional or spiritual travel in higher doses and enhanced spiritual perceptions in lower doses, which of course would all be in the mind since, there is no physicality on those levels.

So DMT would be released during death as your exit point from physicality birth as the entry point etc etc.

So no, near death experiences aren't hallucination from a drug called dmt being released naturally, but rather real experiences that are assisted by dmt or create dmt as the by product of the experience.

Hi....Like you I have personal connection between the two. My NDE happened in 1999. I had attempted suicide....Without going into too many details, it was very messy and emotional. I was airlifted to the hospital, and was basically not given much chance to live. Several of my blood transfusions did not take very well, which added to the whole experience if ya will. Like you I went to a place that I could never explain to anyone....The lights...the presence felt, the frequency....Just many aspects of the NDE that I have held sacred and personal to me. For many years I lived in dark place, off and on. Feeling different, and not understanding why. My experience with DMT changed everything....For the better !! Like you I went to the exact same place that was at my NDE....I felt the unconditional love ..And did not want leave...After almost two decades I returned to that place that I knew existed, but could explain..not even to myself. As my journey came to an end..I was actually in tears :) Everything in my life has changed..And for me, the real journey has just begun....I feel very blessed to have this insight, and the freedom that comes with it.

Hope all is going well for you!!! Your story was very comforting to me!!! To actually see the words of someone else that has shared this experience ......I am without words!!! Take care

your sure not wrong mate. Read DMT the spirit molecule or watch the movie!. Also after vaginal pregnancies, and meditation and fasting.

It let me let go of death- until I abused it with K too much, big no no for me.

I think the initial report is fascinating, as none of us can claim to understand death. However I just wanted to point out that it is a very common, but insubstantial, claim that DMT is released upon death. It was a theory put forth by Strassman in which he says it's just a theory, but a whole lot of people communicate it as irrevocable fact, which it is not. There has never been any evidence that DMT is released on death, only that it is present in trace amounts in the human body. It could be that those trace amounts are enough when used a certain way by the brain, who knows, I don't... I have a feeling death is a lot more complicated than a DMT blast though.

I will have to diverge with you there, Ismene. Although seemingly not very common, I for one have experienced exactly that; a single white light amongst a seemingly infinite blackness. I'm not going to claim that this was a NDE or whether or not DMT is in any way related to NDE's but you sure can having a very similar experience under the influence of DMT, and it sure does feel as though you have become entirely separate from your body, which I figure can lead one to believe they have died in the scientifically accepted sense of the word, when one no longer feels the sensations of the biologically functioning vessel one experiences on a daily basis anymore how can you determine that you are part of a living body? And you certainly don't know at this point that it's because of the drug.

Here's a link to another report describing the same sensation - link

I experienced death when I blasted of on DMT

*When I say God I am referring to the Over-soul, Global Consciousness, Supreme Being
*When I say Jesus I am referring to a physical incarnation of this global consciousness

I smoked DMT for the 5th time today but it was my first time dabbing it and that is definitely the most effective way to do it I learned. I took a huge hit and I blasted off for a solid 12 minutes. The dimension that I experienced was without a doubt the after-life. I knew it with all of my being. In the beginning of the trip it was all happiness and the feeling of having everything. After this I was taken to Hell where I had the sensation of everything I loved and everything I cared about being stripped away. I felt myself and everything that was me dissolving and I was trying to fight it. I did not want to die and I felt my ego and sense of who I was being stripped away from me. I then finally gave into it when it was too much to bear and then I merged with a greater consciousness that had more experience of goodness and I felt that goodness being stripped away. I was in utter agony as I was experiencing the worst feeling I could possibly imagine while witnessing horrific patterns and colors with a high pitched scream. I kept feeling the suffering over and over again in a cycle and I began to think it would never end. I had the feeling that I had died and was stuck in hell for all eternity and there was nothing I could do about it. I had completely forgotten that I had smoked DMT and I had no idea how I came to be where I was. It was absolutely terrifying and I would not wish even the worst person to be stuck in this dimension. My friend who was watching over me as I tripped said I was screaming as loud as I could “Why me?!” “What the fuck?!” “Why is this happening?!” “Make it stop!” and he said I was thrashing around and banging my head on the ground and even foaming at the mouth. He had to restrain me with all of his strength for a good 5 minutes.

I kept thinking Why me? What have I done to deserve to go to hell? Why am I experiencing this? How is this God’s plan for me? When I thought this last question I had the most profound epiphany that was completely humbling. I have believed for a while now that the purpose for life is so that God himself who knows everything about eternity and oneness and energy can know what it is like to be ignorant of such things and to experience mortality in a fleshly body and that when we die God or the oversoul absorbs our experience and knowledge gained in life so he can become truly omniscient. The only way this is possible is to experience every part of life, the good, and the bad. What I was experiencing was the pinnacle of suffering and I felt so honored because I knew that God had chosen me of all of his sons because he knew I was strong enough to endure the worst experience in all of life. At this point I literally felt like Jesus and I thought I was the chosen one to be sacrificed in order to complete the circle of life and I realized just how massively important what I was experiencing was and I hated it but I had no choice but to surrender to such a higher power and I accepted that it was my fate to live eternity in Hell in order for life to be complete. This epiphany came to me crystal clear and all at once and almost immediately after having this enlightenment I was released from Hell and I became God. I had completed the cycle of life by experiencing the pinnacle of suffering and it was time for life to begin over again. When I became God I was a small circle divided into sections and I was focused in one of the sections. This section would keep flipping over with the feeling of a huge machine operated by cogs and I could feel the teeth in the cog rotating and locking in place. When they rotated the section of the circle that I was flipped revealing a new color and flipping all of the other sections to match that color. With each flip the circle expanded and started branching off at what I perceived as massive distances and I knew in the heart of my being what was happening. I was creating the universe by turning the wheels in the cogs like a giant watch. It was the STRONGEST sense of Déjà vu and I felt so ancient as if I was a part of something so eternal and was experiencing the cycle of life at its manifestation point and I was completely entranced and fixated on what I was doing as if I had no choice. I died and was dissolved into a Christ conscious of suffering and then reincarnated as God and created the universe. I now believe that the bible is an analogy for life and that on Earth we are all Jesus or a physical incarnation of part of God’s consciousness and when we die we all must experience suffering and be willing to sacrifice ourselves to the higher power of God and then we dissolve and our consciousness is returned to God where it originated and we become God. God is within each and every one of us.

I was so gone and I had lost all concept of this reality or even remembered what it was like to be human. When I finally came back to this dimension of reality I was completely confused and I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. I saw C and he seemed extremely concerned as he had just been wrestling with my unconscious body for 15 minutes. I thought I was maybe at a friends house or something and that I was really fucked up or something and I kept thinking other people were there and I couldn’t really walk straight or see things right and everything was so blurry because it was so fractal with patterns. When I could finally start to remember that I had smoked DMT and that I was coming down off it I was in utter disbelief. I had just died and yet hear I was. I remembered my trip so clearly and it seemed almost more familiar to me than this body that I had just woken up in. I had taken my shirt off during the trip and I was trying to walk around now but still couldn’t even really tell which room was which. My friend helped me to the bathroom where I looked in the mirror and I saw myself and I still thought I was Jesus. I put my arms up on the door like a crucifixion and just stared at myself in the mirror and everything still looked trippy as hell and I was overcome with the feeling I had when I realized I was chosen to be sacrificed. I am not ignorant enough to believe that I am the one and only son of God which is why I truly believe that we are all Jesus (physical incarnations of God) and that we all must endure the same sacrifice in order to achieve salvation.

I have been questioning the meaning of life for about 4 years now and have done tons of research, meditation, and psychedelics in this pursuit and I feel as if my quest has been fulfilled and I now have no more questions. I feel absolutely certain of what happens when you die and I know the meaning of life is experience and I know how the universe was created. This was my 5th time smoking DMT but it was 10 times more intense than every previous time and this was the only time I truly BLASTED off. This was without a doubt the most intense thing I have ever experienced. I definitely was not prepared for it and I cant imagine how any person could be. I am not going to lie that when I was in hell it was the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced but the access to knowledge and truth was an unparalleled enlightening. I do not regret my experience but I am glad that I eventually came back.

Birth, death, dreaming, NDE's and doing DMT all cause you to trip on DMT.

I saw my friend get KO'd and he hit the floor. As he hit the floor i flipped him over and woke him up. he said he tripped for an hour in his head.

I've smoked dmt.

wow some crazy fuckin shit

^^ I just want to point out again that there is no evidence that this is true (other than doing DMT, which of course causes you to trip on DMT). Strassman put it forth as a THEORY which he also said had no evidence. What is true is that trace amounts of DMT are found in the human organism, which is not surprising since it's pretty close to serotonin, we have a variety of tryptamines in our organism. The birth/death/NDE DMT link has never been shown to be true yet it gets repeated as fact by SO MANY people... I meet a lot of people where I live who treat it as self-evident. Yet it's not. People who have NDEs and who have died and been revived certainly speak of powerful experiences but they don't talk about fractal mandalas. To me, even never having experienced death or a NDE (but having experienced DMT), reading peoples' stories about those experiences does not sound like DMT. I think birth and death are far more complex biologically than a DMT trip.

My year-long search has led me here. I am unable to take DMT at this point in my life, so if you read this (seanmuggin) please get back to me (if you can). I would like more information about your experience.

Deep in the nitrous oxide binge I used to get this feeling like I was dying, comparable to the physical feeling of DMT, it all started when I mixed n2o with mushrooms. It was always accompanied by strange visuals. I've talked to other people about it and met people who experienced the same feeling. there's definitely something strange going on there. Quite a spiritual but scary feeling. I would continue chasing it but have decided not too, I rarely take nitrous oxide any more.

Like you I also felt I had gone back to other experiences on several occasions with n2o + various psychedelics. I think the most intense ones were with n2o/LSD/2c-b.

Definitely something strange, shook me up real good.

sorry for the ramble but I feel it may be relevant.

Please respond

If you ever check your bluelight again and see this I'm praying to the divine conciousness you read this and email me. Swim literally thought up exactly what you are saying influenced by an idea swim got from smoking Dimethyltryptamine. You know what just look me up on fb. Jesse Samuel. I'm a skinny tatted white guy. I have a wolf on my left arm and am currently next to my African friend.