but curl my lips into a smile
and pretend it's what I want to hear.
Just fake it girl, just act it out
and don't forget to breathe.
I watch you relax and can't believe its been
Two years and you don't know me at all.
A cheeky grin and a conspiratal wink
"Tom told me you've got a new man."
A new man. So thats what they call it these days.
A careless fuck when I was missing you.
I hope I never see him again.

Yeah. I don't know where it's going though.
The pain of seeing life move on is so much stronger
Then the pain of seeing it stop.
Well I best be going.
I can't take much more.
Call me soon
But only if its to say you want me back
And I leave before you can hug me
In case I still fit perfectly in your arms.
I guess it's all about those lines between the words.
[ 04 April 2002: Message edited by: up all night ]

Oh... I feel cheesy but that actually brought a tear to my eye. Really good writing.

And I leave before you can hug me
In case I still fit perfectly in your arms.
I guess it's all about those lines between the words.
wow. thats the most difficult feeling...
excellent job putting it into words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im printing this out now, its one of the closest to home poems Ive read in a while. I have a sort of unspoken agreement with a girl I love/ed that when we see each other we never talk about other people we're seeing....it helps but it still sucks ass when I bump into her freinds and get told "....has a new boyfreind"
great poem. GREAT!

I cried and cried and cried. Thanks for making me feel less like the only one.

^^^ I also share this *tear*
I broke up with my boy 4mths ago.
I always think to myself, it's sad cause I'll never forget the way he takes his coffee.
When we would go out to eat, he'd always order this cup of coffee and a glass of water, and he'd push it toward me, and allow me to make it, even though I'd like more cream and less sugar, and he.....well he would take less cream and more sugar and he still would drink it my way. And it's sad those little things you never thought you miss!
I give all my *hugs* to you right now!
Because, I realize I will never drink coffee again.

this was in-fucking-credible. you have no idea.
i was in the bathroom doing my hair, and my roommate (known to you all as frostyangel) insisted i come in here and read this. i said to her, if it's going to make me cry, i refuse to read it. not today. she was persistent. i read it.
today was the anniversary of me and justin getting engaged. the fact that we're not i've been trying to avoid all day, and reading this made me shiver. it forced me to look back on the past couple years, and remember all those conversations... those 3-way conversations, much like this, between me, justin, and that little voice in my head that could always seem to read between the lines.
*sigh*
this is one of the best pieces i've ever read. honestly. its so honest, and so sad.... but it hits so close to home. i wish we didnt have to have moments like these... they kind where your breath catches in my chest, and you have to fight back tears, and smile and grin and nod at everything they say....
but we do.
i hope you find happiness when you least expect it. cheers, to nights like these... that allow us to get over the past.

Having somewhere to share these moments and those days and knowing other people understand helps so much.
Thank you.

i'm glad i was able to find this one, i was worried that i wouldn't be able to. this one if one of my top 5 EVER in this entire forum.

Thanks for bumping...I would have missed this gem.
I love how we all pretend it's all okay, and inside we're throwing up over the things not said.

Just thought I'd say that that is a truly amazing poem....oh if only it didn't resonate so closely to home...but I suppose it's better that it does that way I can truly appreciate this wonderful piece of work :) :(

i remember reading this the first time...it had the same impact the second...printing it out this time...thank you

Hmmm I'm rather amazed that I missed this the first time. Though actually really I'm not amazed with the volume that goes through here, but anyway, better late than never as they say.
So is work still keeping you busy then?
Is uni still pinning you down?
Is she still fucking you hard?
What can I say? A lot, but I'm not going to go on and on. I love the way you speak the unspoken in your poems.
-plaz out-

Last edited by a moderator:
It's strange seeing this again... and I'm not really sure how I feel about it yet.
But thank you for bumping it and I'm glad other people have been able to relate. :)

thanks for the bump, e-girl.
i just read it for the first time and i got that sinking feeling just reading it. it's really unique, how you presented appearance and reality... sometimes people would rather just avoid reality.
excellent poem!
-lil

another bump for this one, i'm sorry i had to. another piece i read today reminded me of this. and i want to keep it on the first page, cuz its fabulous.