• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What did YOU last eat? Version 5

I honestly cannot remember....

Oh yeah. I had baby back ribs, macaroni, and broccoli.

Spring onion and fennel soup, crab cake sandwich and strawberry shortcake

Just tried a new dish for spring and all the fresh asparagus around. Basically a savory asparagus bread pudding. It was good but too much work for most days.

Wow herby, that sounds really good. I remember vacationing in Carmel in 2013 and I had no idea there were so many asparagus farms in that area. Everywhere I ate, it was asparagus everything on the menu. I used to also spend a lot of time in Peru and they grow a lot of asparagus but they export it. A waiter in a restaurant regarded me curiously when I ordered it. I guess they had it on the "gringo menu." It's not good, but living by myself, a lot of what I eat anymore are things I don't have to put a lot of effort into. I don't particularly like leftovers and eating the same thing for days at a time, which is what happens when I follow most recipes which are for family-size quantities.

Last thing I ate was a Japanese-style breakfast: miso soup with tofu and green onions, natto (fermented soybeans), mung bean sprouts and white rice

Four toasted bagel halves with grape jelly, real butter, and cream cheese.

Been eating the same meal every day for a while now, in various incarnations:
Rice, Tri-Color Quinoa, Black Beans, Corn, Peas, Potatoes, Lacinato Kale, Zucchini, ooked seperately (sautee and boil) and then placed in a bowl, often topped with chopped avocado, sometimes tomatoes, and/or olive tapenade, occasionally feta cheese, with salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon juice, nutritional yeast,olive oil and salt. Its so far the only meal ive made that i can eat every day and know that I am getting my body what it deserves and wants, while also not getting bored of it! eating it right meow! Thinking about adding beets to the mix somehow, as well as some sort of sea vegetable.