Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm

peanut&fresh

Greenlighter
My friend wanted me to post this:
"So I've used DXM (delsym, 550mg) twice, and both times ive had panic attacks. They come on after Ive started feeling like im sinking and then my breathing slows down, and i feel like im going to sleep. I usually get kind of scared that maybe im dying(i know im not), and then my heart rate goes crazy and my vision goes blurry, and i get really thirsty and panicked. I really enjoy the high up until that point, but i was wondering if there is some part of the high past that "falling asleep" point. Maybe if i know that that point is normal i wont have the panic attacks. Also besides that is there anything that i can do to prevent the panic attacks? Maybe I should start off with a smaller dose and work my way up? Maybe I should take non-polistirex(it was all i had but i can get the hbr)? Thanks in advance."

Benzos could help calm you down, but unfortunately the ability to cause panic attacks is an inherent trait of pretty much all drugs.
They can be overcome with some strong willpower, but maybe dissociatives aren't your thing.
Non polistirex formulas may help as the duration is reduced, although you would want to reduce your dose as well
Also avoid smoking weed before or during your high

Starting with small doses is never a bad idea. I would advice against benzos.
If you need benzos, the substance you actually want to take, may be indeed not "your thing".
Besides that: Accept what is happening. It is happening anyway. You know your dosage, you know it is large enough, that you'll experience strange effects. You know that it is not large enough to physically harm you.
Stay with the present moment, don't think what will happen, experience what is happening.

If your bodily feelings make you nervous, don't focus on your body.
You might try to do something that will require your attention in a pleasant way. I'd recommend listening to music / browse through the music you like.

How old is your friend? Any experience with other substances?
Regards

try smaller doses. IME dxm at lower doses is more of an euphoric buzz so maybe that's the effect you need to enjoy it? also trying it at lower doses first and then titrating up the dosage may make you more comfortable with greater doses

Thanks comfortablynumb95, and homme, hes 17 and has a some of experience with concerta, ritalin, focalin, adderall, percocet, vicodin, valium, alcohol, and weed(never had a panic attack on other drugs). I'll try a smaller dosage next time and try to remember relax and enjoy it.

you are welcome :)
and just a reminder for future posts, you don't have to fake that you are talking for a friend. it doesn't make any sense, every know it's you and it won't "cover" your drug usage (that isn't even necessary in any way btw)

You might try to do something that will require your attention in a pleasant way. I'd recommend listening to music / browse through the music you like.Regards

^this. Video games work well. There have been numerous times tripping on DXM where I haven't realized how high I was until I put the controller down. I've also intentionally avoided uncomfortable sensations by playing playing video games or watching a movie.

try smaller doses. IME dxm at lower doses is more of an euphoric buzz so maybe that's the effect you need to enjoy it? also trying it at lower doses first and then titrating up the dosage may make you more comfortable with greater doses

I found that numerous small sessions over a short period of a week or three is enough to make higher-dose DXM experiences more enjoyable & tolerable. Even spreading out your dose over a period of hours helps tremendously.