• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Help me.

TheLorax17

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. I am a extremely athletic 18 Year old male , 5'5" 125 lbs. Currently a Senior in high school and have been abusing adderall alot lately and i desperately need to find someone who has had similar experiences

First you should get a little background of me and my life before adderall.

In middle school i was a pretty small kid, i got picked on alot. Not really hardcore bullying, but it was enough to affect me. No one really liked me because i had a tendency to be annoying, i admit i was very immature but who isn't in middle school? I was never really good at school. Although I am extremely intelligent, i slowly started to decline in grades. I was basically just that kid that tried to be funny and get people to like him but was looked at as annoying and not likeable just because a bunch of other kids came to that conclusion.

Now into freshman year i started to change. I came into it with very few friends, essentially just my soccer team and my childhood bestfriend. I failed alot of my classes and I began taking pills and smoking k2 as a kind of relief. I smoked the k2 instead of weed because i was paranoid about weed lasting so long and of my parents finding out. I also got in trouble alot, i was just immature and clueless. I even got suspended for 10 days for stealing from the boys locker room just because i wanted an ipod and a phone. Into Sophmore year i went on a Benadryl binge. I took a bunch of benadryl (250mg+) and i went into this groggy state where i could only visibly focus on something for a few seconds before it started to jiggle or warp slightly and i could not snap out of the stare. Anyways, after i did this a few times it took another week for the effects to fully go away. This was only in the 1st semester of highschool. After this i started smoking weed, which i continued to do about once every week. I was still doing poorly in school, but not failing as many classes as the previous year. Junior year and i still had the same reputation, most people kind of avoided me. I wasn't someone they'd want to asscociate themselves with. I didnt really care and had my 5 or 6 real friends there for me. This is the year where i began to smoke weed daily. Every day of my life from about December 2012- July 2013 i was getting stoned. And now comes the reason for this whole post, that little magic pill. My poor grades but massive potential caused my mother to check for add. My teachers filled out a questionaire and just like that, i was diagnosed with add and perscribed adderall. This began in Early October 2012. I was taking 10 mg xr for a short time t get used to the drug before i started my real dose of 15mg XR. I do not remember the feeling vividly, but it was definitly good. Although One thing i remember is having a sort of panic attack one of the first times i did it. I felt trapped in my own mind with a million thoughts trying to be processed at once and i did not know what to do with myself and had to go home from work just to cope with it. But anyways, once steadily dosing I no longer had any immature thoughts, something id normally do off the pill then became clearly immature in my mind. I thought about everything thoroughly and quickly. It was the me that i wish i couldve been. My grades did improve greatly and i surprisingly passed everything. My whole image was changed, everything people despised me for had somehow faded. I was less talktative, People liked me, i no longer got into much trouble, my ambition was in full blast and i felt succesfull and confident. My thought process had changed. Instead of being a rebel and disobeying everything, my mindset became "Just get it over with and everything will be easier" i did things such as clean my room because my brain helped me realize i should just do it instead of being difficult just for the hell of it. After a while I ironically began hating the drug and its effects on making me less fun and started not taking them some days. Once school was over for summer i got rid of the perscription and had a normal summer. During this time period of adderall my dosage increased from 15mg xr to 30mg xr (Keep in mind i am smoking weed everyday throughout the whole adderall introduction then stopping.) I felt no addiction symptoms at all when i stopped.

Summer is over and i am now beginning school again. My perscription is rewritten and i am perscribed 40mg xr every morning. I was a promising High School athlete, one of the star players on the Soccer team. Although i smoked ciggarettes on&off since junior year(no more than a few a day) I could still run faster and longer than anyone else.. i am just a natural born athlete. I did not take my adderall everyday during soccer because it affected my gameplay by making me dehydrated and it clustered my mind with way too many thoughts and i couldn't just focus on soccer and only soccer. I had an uncontrollable tendency to want to talk to everyone. I also could not help but think about every little thing that occured to me or that i am planning to do in the future.. my mind was just constantly going. When i played a game on adderall, i got the feeling of being out of breath, but without being out of breath. I then realized my lungs werent tired, my heart was. I limited my running the rest of the game because i feared i would have a heart attack. Soccer season ended in early october, and my problem begins. I begin taking my adderall normally again, and i continue to do well in school and act like a model child. But after a few days i noticed that kick wasn't there anymore. So one day afterschool i chewed an extra half capsule of 20mg xr and felt full of energy. I felt more mature, but i was very panicky. It made me overthink every little thing that was going on in my life but these thoughts came and went randomly. i also couldn't sleep that night even when i tried to lay in silence and blackness for an hour. After that happening i them avoided taking anything above my 40mg Dose.

Fast forward to mid november. Everything is okay, my grades are good, i have not gotten in any trouble at all for a few months and my peers now see me with a new perspective. The memory of the old idiotic me was fading and i liked it. My life had finally become somewhat normal. But my desire for an extra kick in the ass from my adderall increased every time i went to work. So one day i took 3 of my 20mg xr, 20mg above my perscription. Now the feeling of the extra adderall was completely different than what i had experienced the first time (or the feelings were the same and my body just coped with it better). I felt amazing, i wanted to help everyone. Anything that needed to be done, i did it beyond the point of what was asked and i actually enjoyed it. A simple task that id normally hate to do such as cleaning and organizing a fridge became an exciting and fun project. I hate to say it, but i then fell in love with the pill. I started taking one extra 20mgxr everyday and enjoyed it. A week later the effects dulled and i upped my daily dosage up to 80mg xr, and all those feelings of confidence and success came back. The only downside was i would crash afterschool therefore my homework completion slowly started to decline, but it was not enough to fail or cause me stress. Overall i was happy. The old me was seemingly gone forever and i was the only one who knew that adderall was my cure.

But that desire for more became more and more consistent. I had a medcheckup appointment with my doctor during Christmas Break. After conversing with the doctor and pointing out my crash afterschool in hopes i would recieve more adderall.. the doctor perscribed 20mg IR to be taken after school. Now let me say this... My love for the drug was not obssesive like most people who abuse it. I did not fantasize about the drug, i did not praise it or go crazy if i ran low. Adderall was just part of my daily life. Its what made me... me. Now, the new dosage helped a small amount but it was not like how it used to be. I needed more.. my motivation was at about 70% while it used to be at 100 when i took the med. So i upped the dose again. 80mg xr in the morning, then 20 IR afterschool. As predicted everything was perfect again, i was loving every moment of it. But i started to notice some weird things happening. My heart felt weird. Most people do not conciously feel theyre heart beating. I could feel it pumping all the time. Sometimes it would jump or increase/decrease very quickly for a short amount of time. I also started to have thoughts that i am becoming addicted to this amazing drug but convinced myself that my adderall use was HELPING me so it could not be a drug addiction. Another reoccuring thought i had was wishing i could be normal and not be so jittery and wanting to do things all the time. But these thoughts were short lived due to reassuring myself it is the best thing thats happened to me. January 10th i began taking 5 20mg xr's and 20mg IR in the evening. The original effect that dearly loved somehow became nearly impossible to achieve. On the 120mg of adderall, which i knew was a very large amount, i felt for the first time like a drug addict. My mind was running a thousand miles an hour but my eyes and body felt as though they were losing power. My body cant keep up with my brain so it is different than how it used to be. My heart starts to beat harder and jump more frequently. But i can still feel the adderall working its magic(a little bit faded magic) and i did not care about the side effects. From that day until now i am taking 6 20mg xr's, and 30mg IR everyday. I have recently started to notice that this may be a problem. I have short periods of time where i know that i probobly need help and that this 150mg+ dose of amphetamine could potentially overload my small body. If i do not take this drug i feel worthless, i need it just to be able to think and interact normally.
I am constantly tweaking on my adderall. I am directly on the path to graduation (purely because my the drug) but i sometimes remember that i am taking a very high dose of adderall and by graduation something bad may happen. Do i have a problem? Should i quit? I went from being a hated piece of shit and useless individual to a perservering succesful and normal teenager. And i finally have friends and my family is proud of me. but I do not know what i am even like anymore, and my short term memory is completely shot. i even forgot my birthday is in a few days. I wakeup, take the adderall, let it run me, eat(minimal) sleep then i wake up and do it again. My days are insanely repetitive, making me completely lose track of time. I am not a long term addict but i have gone up in dose in such a short amount of time and it is concerning me. Please let me know what i should do..

sorry its so long, im currently tweaking on my adderall.

Last edited by a moderator:
we don't swim here everyone even the authorities know it's you also i would kick the adderal while your still young it's causing you more problems than good and if you decide to go to college it would be much better for you to focus on school and not tweak on every little thing

It would definitely in your best interest to quit.
Addiction, habit, whatever the fuck you choose to call it is irrelevant.
You are dependent on a drug and it is only going to get worse if you keep using.
It is very hard for most people to use amphetamines as prescribed.

I have been a stim abuser for 12 years and now clean for 14 months . Knowing those being involved in manufacture and Distribution of most forms of amphetamines thus resulting in and endless supply of club drugs and it was mistake . I have gotten two serious felonies , had several seizures , od , and are now recovering facing life and starting over as a 28 year old child with three children of his own . Stimulants are very addictive and can be very damaging to the body and mind . Being young I would have never thought smoking some buds and taking a little meds would lead me to over a decade over hard abuse of ALL drugs available on the market . Moving from one to another as tolerance built to high or the damages to the body were becoming to much . I dont wanna sound like Im trying to preach brother but I would highly recommend you take a close look at the people who have gotten in to drugs and were it is taken them . Mostly all of my ( old ) associates are dead or in jail and I am so dead serious . I am now on maintenance meds for my anxiety and pain . It is sad to say but so much time as passed were I used to use for fun and socially . Where now I have to have my meds just to be functional and productive. I see where you post how the days are running together , imagine staying up for 9 days without sleep , hearing voices and jumping out of windows with a knife thinking people are running around your house , flipping mattresses up against the walls slicing the bottom open because you are certain someone is hiding in your home and you cant find them . Seriously this is where stims will lead you . Dont move to the harder amphetamines meth etc . Good Luck Brother

Once you start college all of your high school social problems will seem trivial to you and so you can do without it for the social reasons behind you currently taking it. You may want to save some for exams and papers but if you use it daily it will lose its effectiveness for those things.

If you knew me this would be easier. I am not in any way a bad kid. I have ZERO friends who have done any kind of drug other than trying weed and alchol theyre first time. Most of them havent even done that yet! Im an athlete, so my teammates dont do anything bad so they dont influence me at all. My smoking buds is the only thing i will ever use to get "high". It is not a gateway drug for me because I am firm set and know not to fuck with anything else and my mind does not even urge to experience any other kind of high. The weed is basically a nonexistent factor with my problem. I just happened to get the worst medicine at the worst time. My only fear is instead of going out with a bang (like going to prison, and doing other drugs. going completely mia) im just gunna go.. noone will know what why and how it happened because noone realizes i am on so much. I have only told 1 or 2 close friends.

Maybe you should talk to your doctor about this, ask to be switched to a drug that is harder to abuse IE : vyvanse. The most critical part though is keeping your spirits up bro. Pheta's can give you some serious depression, try talking with some people who are recovering and can lead you in the right path. Be honest with your parents if you can and if they are understanding. Keeping yourself and self-esteem in high spirits is imperative. I dont have a whole lot experience into stim dependency but there are people here that will reach out to you. GL bro and keep safe.

you're addicted and having problems instead of it helping you either completely stop or just use it when studying for exams and finals

It took me until i got out of college to get a script for adderall. It was very easy to abuse prior to that, but once it became a maintenance med, i found my tendency towards drug abuse to virtually disappear. If you are legitimately ADD/ADHD, look at the medication as just that. A medication. One that will help to alleviate your issues. I struggled through 3+ years of antipsychotics and mood stabilizers just to find that the right med for me was one that I was so quick to overdo. Amphetamine is an excellent tool, but can be a very slippery slope. The best advice that i can think to offer is to be honest with your physician and not seek unnecessary dose increases. It will turn to nothing but bad news and a retrospective horrible decision.

Listen to me, this is extremely important. I was and am a lot like you. We did a lot of the same things. I never do this and don't post here, nor like exposing myself, but this is too important for me to ignore. This combination of adderall and marijuana is extremely dangerous. I am not a scientist, but basically one slows the flow of things and the other speeds it up. This happened to SOMEONE I KNOW and he didn't take it seriously because, fuck it, few friends, nothing to lose. Big mistake. 3 years of hell to repair a broken body. Stop doing either one or the other, because it will kill you from the inside out and you probably will have heart failure or worse, which is what this guy had happen to the best of his knowledge. Then do you go to a doctor and describe all the illegal things you do and have it recorded? Is it even something that can be fixed? Either take the adderall when you wake up one day then nothing else. Or don't take the adderall at all the whole day and smoke weed.

Take my advice, this is like looking back in time for me and I really hope I can help prevent for you what I have experienced first hand.

Hey everyone. SWIM is an extremely athletic 18 Year old male , 5'5" 125 lbs. Currently a Senior in high school and have been abusing adderall alot lately and i desperately need to find someone who has had similar experiences

First you should get a little background of me and my life before adderall.

In middle school i was a pretty small kid, i got picked on alot. Not really hardcore bullying, but it was enough to affect me. No one really liked me because i had a tendency to be annoying, i admit i was very immature but who isn't in middle school? I was never really good at school. Although I am extremely intelligent, i slowly started to decline in grades. I was basically just that kid that tried to be funny and get people to like him but was looked at as annoying and not likeable just because a bunch of other kids came to that conclusion.

Now into freshman year i started to change. I came into it with very few friends, essentially just my soccer team and my childhood bestfriend. I failed alot of my classes and I began taking pills and smoking k2 as a kind of relief. I smoked the k2 instead of weed because i was paranoid about weed lasting so long and of my parents finding out. I also got in trouble alot, i was just immature and clueless. I even got suspended for 10 days for stealing from the boys locker room just because i wanted an ipod and a phone. Into Sophmore year i went on a Benadryl binge. I took a bunch of benadryl (250mg+) and i went into this groggy state where i could only visibly focus on something for a few seconds before it started to jiggle or warp slightly and i could not snap out of the stare. Anyways, after i did this a few times it took another week for the effects to fully go away. This was only in the 1st semester of highschool. After this i started smoking weed, which i continued to do about once every week. I was still doing poorly in school, but not failing as many classes as the previous year. Junior year and i still had the same reputation, most people kind of avoided me. I wasn't someone they'd want to asscociate themselves with. I didnt really care and had my 5 or 6 real friends there for me. This is the year where i began to smoke weed daily. Every day of my life from about December 2012- July 2013 i was getting stoned. And now comes the reason for this whole post, that little magic pill. My poor grades but massive potential caused my mother to check for add. My teachers filled out a questionaire and just like that, i was diagnosed with add and perscribed adderall. This began in Early October 2012. I was taking 10 mg xr for a short time t get used to the drug before i started my real dose of 15mg XR. I do not remember the feeling vividly, but it was definitly good. Although One thing i remember is having a sort of panic attack one of the first times i did it. I felt trapped in my own mind with a million thoughts trying to be processed at once and i did not know what to do with myself and had to go home from work just to cope with it. But anyways, once steadily dosing I no longer had any immature thoughts, something id normally do off the pill then became clearly immature in my mind. I thought about everything thoroughly and quickly. It was the me that i wish i couldve been. My grades did improve greatly and i surprisingly passed everything. My whole image was changed, everything people despised me for had somehow faded. I was less talktative, People liked me, i no longer got into much trouble, my ambition was in full blast and i felt succesfull and confident. My thought process had changed. Instead of being a rebel and disobeying everything, my mindset became "Just get it over with and everything will be easier" i did things such as clean my room because my brain helped me realize i should just do it instead of being difficult just for the hell of it. After a while I ironically began hating the drug and its effects on making me less fun and started not taking them some days. Once school was over for summer i got rid of the perscription and had a normal summer. During this time period of adderall my dosage increased from 15mg xr to 30mg xr (Keep in mind i am smoking weed everyday throughout the whole adderall introduction then stopping.) I felt no addiction symptoms at all when i stopped.

Summer is over and i am now beginning school again. My perscription is rewritten and i am perscribed 40mg xr every morning. I was a promising High School athlete, one of the star players on the Soccer team. Although i smoked ciggarettes on&off since junior year(no more than a few a day) I could still run faster and longer than anyone else.. i am just a natural born athlete. I did not take my adderall everyday during soccer because it affected my gameplay by making me dehydrated and it clustered my mind with way too many thoughts and i couldn't just focus on soccer and only soccer. I had an uncontrollable tendency to want to talk to everyone. I also could not help but think about every little thing that occured to me or that i am planning to do in the future.. my mind was just constantly going. When i played a game on adderall, i got the feeling of being out of breath, but without being out of breath. I then realized my lungs werent tired, my heart was. I limited my running the rest of the game because i feared i would have a heart attack. Soccer season ended in early october, and my problem begins. I begin taking my adderall normally again, and i continue to do well in school and act like a model child. But after a few days i noticed that kick wasn't there anymore. So one day afterschool i chewed an extra half capsule of 20mg xr and felt full of energy. I felt more mature, but i was very panicky. It made me overthink every little thing that was going on in my life but these thoughts came and went randomly. i also couldn't sleep that night even when i tried to lay in silence and blackness for an hour. After that happening i them avoided taking anything above my 40mg Dose.

Fast forward to mid november. Everything is okay, my grades are good, i have not gotten in any trouble at all for a few months and my peers now see me with a new perspective. The memory of the old idiotic me was fading and i liked it. My life had finally become somewhat normal. But my desire for an extra kick in the ass from my adderall increased every time i went to work. So one day i took 3 of my 20mg xr, 20mg above my perscription. Now the feeling of the extra adderall was completely different than what i had experienced the first time (or the feelings were the same and my body just coped with it better). I felt amazing, i wanted to help everyone. Anything that needed to be done, i did it beyond the point of what was asked and i actually enjoyed it. A simple task that id normally hate to do such as cleaning and organizing a fridge became an exciting and fun project. I hate to say it, but i then fell in love with the pill. I started taking one extra 20mgxr everyday and enjoyed it. A week later the effects dulled and i upped my daily dosage up to 80mg xr, and all those feelings of confidence and success came back. The only downside was i would crash afterschool therefore my homework completion slowly started to decline, but it was not enough to fail or cause me stress. Overall i was happy. The old me was seemingly gone forever and i was the only one who knew that adderall was my cure.

But that desire for more became more and more consistent. I had a medcheckup appointment with my doctor during Christmas Break. After conversing with the doctor and pointing out my crash afterschool in hopes i would recieve more adderall.. the doctor perscribed 20mg IR to be taken after school. Now let me say this... My love for the drug was not obssesive like most people who abuse it. I did not fantasize about the drug, i did not praise it or go crazy if i ran low. Adderall was just part of my daily life. Its what made me... me. Now, the new dosage helped a small amount but it was not like how it used to be. I needed more.. my motivation was at about 70% while it used to be at 100 when i took the med. So i upped the dose again. 80mg xr in the morning, then 20 IR afterschool. As predicted everything was perfect again, i was loving every moment of it. But i started to notice some weird things happening. My heart felt weird. Most people do not conciously feel theyre heart beating. I could feel it pumping all the time. Sometimes it would jump or increase/decrease very quickly for a short amount of time. I also started to have thoughts that i am becoming addicted to this amazing drug but convinced myself that my adderall use was HELPING me so it could not be a drug addiction. Another reoccuring thought i had was wishing i could be normal and not be so jittery and wanting to do things all the time. But these thoughts were short lived due to reassuring myself it is the best thing thats happened to me. January 10th i began taking 5 20mg xr's and 20mg IR in the evening. The original effect that dearly loved somehow became nearly impossible to achieve. On the 120mg of adderall, which i knew was a very large amount, i felt for the first time like a drug addict. My mind was running a thousand miles an hour but my eyes and body felt as though they were losing power. My body cant keep up with my brain so it is different than how it used to be. My heart starts to beat harder and jump more frequently. But i can still feel the adderall working its magic(a little bit faded magic) and i did not care about the side effects. From that day until now i am taking 6 20mg xr's, and 30mg IR everyday. I have recently started to notice that this may be a problem. I have short periods of time where i know that i probobly need help and that this 150mg+ dose of amphetamine could potentially overload my small body. If i do not take this drug i feel worthless, i need it just to be able to think and interact normally.
I am constantly tweaking on my adderall. I am directly on the path to graduation (purely because my the drug) but i sometimes remember that i am taking a very high dose of adderall and by graduation something bad may happen. Do i have a problem? Should i quit? I went from being a hated piece of shit and useless individual to a perservering succesful and normal teenager. And i finally have friends and my family is proud of me. but I do not know what i am even like anymore, and my short term memory is completely shot. i even forgot my birthday is in a few days. I wakeup, take the adderall, let it run me, eat(minimal) sleep then i wake up and do it again. My days are insanely repetitive, making me completely lose track of time. I am not a long term addict but i have gone up in dose in such a short amount of time and it is concerning me. Please let me know what i should do..

sorry its so long, im currently tweaking on my adderall.

Dude really? Please stop believing your lies. Look, if you're being honest. I'm a C-DAC (cert. drug and alcohol counselor). So your story here is upsetting me. Not that it matters. But c'mon dude. Put the drugs away. PUT THE DRUGS AWAY! I am just trying to figure out why you think we'd believe you?

If you actually need a medication for ADHD switch to a non stimulant like Strattera.
You obviously have anxiety now from the adderal but it sounds like you had some anxiety before if you felt you needed it to function socially. You don't seem like you could take a benzo without abusing it but certain anti-deppresants also work for anxiety and there are meds like Buspar and Vistaril that are alternatives to benzos.
Although for you I think this would be a short term solution just to get your head back on straight. You don't seem like someone who needs longterm medication.
You need to get this straightened out before college because adderal abuse is rampant on campuses and put in that environment your problems would only get worse plus no matter how good of a kid you are there will also be partying and drinking. Failing out of college is a lot more costly than maybe failing a highschool class or getting kicked off a sports team.
In a perfect world I'd say tell your parents everything but what teenager is going to do that without being caught first? I'd talk to your doctor at least because I'm pretty sure even as a minor they couldn't tell your parents anything.
If you have your own transportation look into free drug counseling or support groups, I'm not a fan of NA myself but it's worth a shot if nothing else is available. If anything it might at least scare you to death to hear some of their stories.

Wait this is a really old thread someone bumped from 3 years ago. Sorry didn't notice that when I responded.