• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television True Detective

Mr.Scagnattie

Bluelighter
Anybody watching that new show True Detective on HBO with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey? I've been getting into it.. and I like the idea that they are doing with making it an anthology show like American Horror Story, as a way to coax bigger celebrities and movie stars who don't want a huge time commitment from a normal TV show, into doing a season.

Just wanted to hear people's thoughts on it and have a place to discuss it because it really is pretty good and very complex.

.. and I like the idea that they are doing with making it an anthology show like American Horror Story, as a way to coax bigger celebrities and movie stars who don't want a huge time commitment from a normal TV show, into doing a season.

shit, got a little trigger-happy with the 'back' button. I had no idea this story would only last one season. Although, I was very surprised to see two big-screen actors want to star in a television star (even if it is HBO).

And, yah, as was discussed in the Upcoming TV thread, Marty Hart is totally going to be the crazy one. I like his wife. and Rust is fascinating. I love the scenery. It's beautiful and sad.

I can't figure out of I write like a 9 year old or as I'm if writing a post card.

^^

Yeah after seeing how good it is, I was kinda bummed it would only be one season too, but then again.. that's what allows them to make the show so good and probably the only way they got stars as big as Harrelson and McConaughey. So it's cool to think about what big actors in the future might sign on for a season.

At this rate I might have to wait for the DVD so I can watch with subtitle - their accents are thick.

At this rate I might have to wait for the DVD so I can watch with subtitle - their accents are thick.

Really?

It could be worse. They could be recent Chinese immigrants. Suffering from Broca's aphasia.

ps: what a great character Woody Harrelson has made. Bears repeating.

I don't find the accents that bad. I've heard some truly brutal southern accents before that are borderline indecipherable.

I really, really like it. I already loved Woody but I've got a new level of respect for Matthew McConaughey.
From the last episode I particularly enjoyed their conversation during the church service. Just very well done and comedic in a black kind a way.
I've liked the slow burn of the first 3 episodes and am very much looking forward to what appears to be the pending explosion in the coming weeks.
Top quality across the board. Acting, set, scenes, directing, writing. Expected nothing less but pleased it's delivering.

So, yes. If the mistress had just stood there and said nothing while wearing that tee shirt with no bra, she still would have deserved a Emmy.
Re the cough syrup: My vote is for it having been a opiate. He's a downer kind of guy and the hallucinations seem to be mostly unwanted. I don't think he would have tried to intentionally bring on more.

Yeah, there were a few really key lines that I couldn't make out, even if I rewound and played again. And, shit, i got through The Wire without a hitch, a few rewinds but otherwise was on top of it. IT wasn't so much the accents rather the fact that they kind of mumble their lines a lot, I have a lot of trouble following it (disclaimer: I also smoke a LOT of weed and am often drunk at the time of night I watch TV)

I've been stoked for this show since I first saw the trailer in September. So far it's been living up to it, and the upcoming episode looks like shits bouta hit the fan. Really interested in seeing where they take it

Kinda bummed that this is the only season with Harrison and mcconaughey since they're such a great combo

Cool article about the show. True Detective.

Also heard that HBO is about to announce it's coming back for a second season, although obviously without Harrelson and Mcconaughey

^I can't READ the ARTICLE cause it requires a subscription? How do I "PEEP" that SHIT?

I feel kinda shitty when I think about that it's only a one year run for this cast.
Then I recall that it's HBO and that it's probably even money that they'll come back with a season 2 cast that's just as good or better. Hard to imagine but they've got the track record.
I wonder if they'll do like AHS and bring back some of the same actors in different roles. I hope so.

^^

Weird. I read the entire thing and all the sudden now it requires a subscription? Well whatever.

Yeah I'm also wondering if any of the same actors will come back but from what I've heard, it's going to be a total new cast playing totally new roles.

^^

Weird. I read the entire thing and all the sudden now it requires a subscription? Well whatever.

Yeah I'm also wondering if any of the same actors will come back but from what I've heard, it's going to be a total new cast playing totally new roles.

It'd be a geoblock thing - Haaretz probably offer x number of free views for people in NYC because they think they can pick up more business there.