Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television True Detective

I know it`s been awhile since anyone has added to this thread but I just felt like mentioning.....
My wife and kids went to florida for a week at disney. I stayed home(here in cold n` rainy Buffalo,NY) to take care of our one year old dog and our 2 older(and much less fun)cats. I`m also on vacation,so I spent all day yesterday watching all 8 episodes back to back,only taking breaks to walk the dog and make dinner.
God fucking damn!!!!
Watching the show a 2nd time around,it`s just so fucking great! The story line/plot,actors,characters,locations,violence and overall darkness of the show justs..really hits the spot.

I`m so happy that there has been an upswing in the quality of TV this past year(IMO).
Breaking Bad,True Detective,Penny Dreadful(to a lesser extent) and The Knick show you just how great tv can be when you raise the bar.
Why do we still have "reality" tv bullshit?

i was on a transatlantic flight yesterday and watched first 6 episodes back to back. awesome.

alasdair

Everything HBO does is fucking gold. They also have a great read on what actors will work for certain roles. You see a lot of the same people in different HBO series. For example there was Shea Whigham in TD as the drunk preacher they ran across who was also in Boardwalk Empire. They really do well in creating great characters and pulling from their stable of actors, so to speak, I think really helps them do this.

I wish i could erase my memory of this show so i could watch it again for the first time.

currently on a rewatch with pander bear, christ this show is amazing.

The cough syrup that Colton drank before walking into a bar: codeine or DXM?[/url]
I'm pretty sure it was dxm because I feel like they hinted towards hi "visions" being the result of taking benzo and the like. Before heading to the bar I believe he didn't have any because he later purchased some from the chick at the bar.

"Movies are just a series of non-nonsensical images strung together to project a reality that does not exist"
lol

This show was made like a year ago. You guys need to get with the times murica ftw

run along droppers so the adults can talk.

made it to episode 3?? last night. i love the scenes with the preacher. joe posted the full sermon a couple pages back -- wonderful, wonderful. didn't realize that the dude who steals the maserati from that drunk kid is the same dude rust slaps and says "say it to my face mami." i feel like this is maybe my fourth or fifth rewatch and there are still a bunch of things i'm catching.

I thought it was, "say it again, rummy."

I've shown this show to at least 3 ppl and I could easily sit through sharing it w/ a fourth.

I think, like Woody Harrelson, Collin Farrell is the tested and reliable guy coming into this season. I personally always had this inexplicable aversion to him, but I can't deny he can be good at what he does (see: In Bruges or 7 Psychopaths). It's Vaughn ppl are understandably worried about. But the more I see, the more I like and am hoping this chairlifts him from 15+ year of playing the big affable brofran collectively revolting us after Wedding Crashers. Perhaps this will herald a return to some of the more serious work we saw in his earlier career. For me though, he is definitely the McConaughey of last season, w/ everything to prove. I almost know Adams is gonna kill it, and while I've seen little of Tayler Kitsch - just bit parts, although great in all - he and McAdams seem to be the under card, an under card w/ which I am pretty enthused.

EDIT: Not letting me change Adams to McAdams, as in the talented Ray Ray McAdams.

A lot of people I know are annoyed that vince vaughn is in it because he is a "funny actor".

I am personally intrigued, these actors know the standard that's been set by the first season and it may just be the platform needed for Vaughn to show his other side. I was never really a fan of Collin Farrell until i watched The Way Back, he only had a small role as a Russian criminal in a prisoner of war camp but his transformation was impressive, he dominated that role and was extremely convincing, so i have no doubt he will be stellar in this season of True Detective.

And on the note of 'funny actors', i think people are forgetting that McConaughey was notorious for shitty rom-com's and yet he absolutely killed it in TD.