Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television True Detective

Lol, was a there very unique atmosphere when Cohle was talking to Reverend about Wellspring program etc or am I just so high?

Also I loved the "fuck this world, man" quote :D

Last edited:
Also, where do they find these %)

true.detective.s01e06.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.mkv_snapshot_42.02_%5B2014.02.24_23.10.30%5D.jpg

the picture of horses is mardi gras. rural mardi gras is way different than nola style - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courir_de_Mardi_Gras

That is interesting. Very paganish. Seems people around the net are just assuming it's 5 KKK guys surrounding her.
I do wonder if there's any significance to 5 males and one female in each picture and diarama. Seems we're headed towards a underground satanic cult with a churchy front to keep them safe but that's obvious. This show does opposites of obvious so my best guess is I have no fucking clue.

This show also portrays women as such ultra savory creatures. Jesus. Not that you couldn't see what she was gonna do coming, but the way she described her plan to Rust before he kicked her out was just.... Slimy.
Anyone care to give a guess as to why Rust would leave the tail light he threw Marty into broken for a decade?

Last edited:
That is interesting. Very paganish. Seems people around the net are just assuming it's 5 KKK guys surrounding her.
I do wonder if there's any significance to 5 males and one female in each picture and diarama. Seems we're headed towards a underground satanic cult with a churchy front to keep them safe but that's obvious. This show does opposites of obvious so my best guess is I have no fucking clue.

This show also portrays women as such ultra savory creatures. Jesus. Not that you couldn't see what she was gonna do coming, but the way she described her plan to Rust before he kicked her out was just.... Slimy.
Anyone care to give a guess as to why Rust would leave the tail light he threw Marty into broken for a decade?

Regarding her (Maggie's) plan: she had to make herself revolting to Marty. She had to find the worst possible person to sleep with. And Marty is fairly weak when it comes to the flesh himself.

Coming in now just after the first episode I'm late to this shindig, but hot damn, there could not be a more satisfying pairing of actors than Harrelson and McConaughey for playing jaded southern dicks investigating a slow-cook'n country-fried hom-o-cide.

8) that's so dumb. i mean people on the internet as a rule are stupid, but seriously? it's even brought up/shown in Treme. jeez internet.

I started reading The King in Yellow. Pretty crazy shit there. It makes me feel gross and have bad dreams so I've stopped reading it before bed. You can get the ebook free from Project Gutenburg.

^The King In Yellow was number 4 on Amazons best seller list at one point last week. I suppose it's not too surprising given the popularity of the show. Still I suppose it's a testament to the "depth" of the show, that so many people would want to delve deeper.

^Is that Avril Lavigne in the foreground? Maybe she is the killer.

i've stopped trying to even play the guessing game with this and am just enjoying the ride. i like tuttle's character, though. great job of portraying a corupt, rich, white and southern preacherman. essentially the worst kind of person.

this is pretty funny - http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6955188/rust-cohle-okcupid-profile-true-detective

if the king in yellow is anything to go on -

we'll never know who the killer is, and both marty and rust are going to go mad and die/be killed, leaving everything unsolved.

i kind of have a feeling that's whats gonna happen. i don't really care about the murder so much anymore. marty and rust are the most interesting part of the show, not the murder case, IMO. i also hope we get to see more bewbs.

^Is that Avril Lavigne in the foreground? Maybe she is the killer.
PLOT TWIST! lol now that u mention it, i do see the resemblance. sorta like most of the series, until someone points out something im like ohhhh, how'd i miss that.

i can't recall the last time the internet was going nuts with all these theories, reading old ass books, mythology, friggin theoretical physics. i get what ChickenScratch is saying, "just enjoy the ride"

but i do enjoy reading peoples ideas and have read some solid ones that i'd be satisfied with for an ending. biggest question i hope is revelaed is if "the yellow king" is an actual, living breathing person, or just some cult myth figure type deal. pharmacy robber did say he saw "him" tho... o well 2 episodes left, sunday almost here =D

JESUS CHRIST IT'S HIM!!!! SHFKJGHKSGHAIOEUHFAEIUGKHALJFGBAIOURFHIAULWFBOGBJRKGBALJKHBG

how did we not notice before?

still - who is the king in yellow?

i'm going to be super psyched if there is a townes van zandt resurgence, that is one of my favorite songs of his (along with snake mountain blues and tecumseh valley) and it's one of the best songs in the world to cover and just fucking killing it. next week is going to be THE SHIT.

8) that's so dumb. i mean people on the internet as a rule are stupid, but seriously? it's even brought up/shown in Treme. jeez internet.

I started reading The King in Yellow. Pretty crazy shit there. It makes me feel gross and have bad dreams so I've stopped reading it before bed. You can get the ebook free from Project Gutenburg.

It went up to amazon's top 10 after the show started :D
I'm wayy more a movies/docu's person than television, but am incredibly into this series. Just got tonight's episode, cannot f'ing wait to go watch this!

Last edited by a moderator: