Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television True Detective

Rust has pretty much made up my mind - I'm getting a fucking vasectomy. Everything he says about life is dead on the money. Fuck that. I'm not going to be part of the wheel, I'm getting off. My 4 billion year genetic journey, it ends here.

I think Nietschke said something about staring into the abyss and the abyss staring right back into you... Yeah, that. IF you *really* dig into it, bleak is all you got, you either believe in the illusion of *ME* or you accept that it's all just a really bad joke that you're the butt of.

Maybe I'm just that bleak.

But I feel like I've managed to dodge the bullet thus far, I haven't perpetuated my own personal nightmare by bringing another poor soul into the world... yet... maybe I could avoid it altogether and do the world a favour?

Last edited:
The pathetic thing is, I'm not even an angst-ridden teen, I'm supposed to be a grown man in my thirties and I'm moping around in this thread like an emo =D

And, no, I've never *actually* read Nietzsche, I'm just repeating shit that I've heard on TV. Sad, isn't it? Man, even *I'd* kill myself if I were me! 8) ;)

^^

Haha. Well maybe you should give some of his work a read. Sounds like it's right up your alley, Mr. Negative Nancy.

Nietzsche is best in German. Especially the Zarathustra.

Great show. Love that they are shooting it on film - I can almost reach out and touch it. That part of Louisiana is scary. I went and saw relatives out there once as a kid and my mom refused to take us back there ever again. There are a couple shots - the photograph of dead Dora as a child - that made my skin crawl. The mardi gras up there is not fun at all, and is all....pagan feeling. killing animals and shit.

The best accent for sure is Dora's ex in prison.

Tombout she mayet a Kinguh.

^^

Yeah the town they film it in is definitely eerie. I love the cinematography. They had the same director and crew people do all the episodes so they would have continuity and they could all build to something great.

I hope the show stays on a long time and they keep taking risks and doing interesting stuff with future seasons.

I re watched the first 3 episodes. Atmospheric is a understatement. Pretty cool that the area is legitimately frightening IRL.
I was thinking back to the scene with the murder victims mom. Did anyone else get the feeling that there may be greater significance to what seemed to be a fairly meaningless statement when she asked the detectives "what kind of a man wouldn't bathe their child?" IDK. Stood out to me for whatever reason.

truedetective.jpg

Did anyone else get the feeling that there may be greater significance to what seemed to be a fairly meaningless statement when she asked the detectives "what kind of a man wouldn't bathe their child?" IDK. Stood out to me for whatever reason.

people are weird up there. social workers have a hard time convincing parents that cutting a baby's hair won't hurt them (most cajun parents won't cut their baby's hair until it's over a year old because they think it will hurt their brains) or that breast milk is good for babies and they shouldn't only drink formula. there are traditions (social fears??) up there that are very different from the rest of the state, much less the country.

Er ferk, just learned that this is only 8 episodes? Feeeerrrrrrk :!

Well, that just ruined my day.

I watched Dallas Buyers Club yesterday. McConaughey can now completely redeemed himself for Frailty and Fool's Gold.

people are weird up there. social workers have a hard time convincing parents that cutting a baby's hair won't hurt them (most cajun parents won't cut their baby's hair until it's over a year old because they think it will hurt their brains) or that breast milk is good for babies and they shouldn't only drink formula. there are traditions (social fears??) up there that are very different from the rest of the state, much less the country.

Odd. It's a subset of people I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with, so this all is pretty interesting. Do you think the refusal to bathe a child would fit into the strange set of fears? I thought it might have greater implications as far as the plot goes, but I don't know...
Didn't catch ep 4 last night. Waiting to get home so I can watch the recording. Heard it was GOOD and glad to see that confirmed in here.