• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The more potent the opiod= more severe w/d?

crestfallen

Bluelighter
I have gone through opiate withdrawal from kratom to fentanyl, and I've felt the same symptoms but they are more intense with potent opiates/opiods like fentanyl. My first w/d was from a moderate hydrocodone habit (60-70mgs daily for 2 months) and it was really crappy but I could handle it. I've noticed my last two times w/d from fentanyl, I am absolutely miserable feeling the same symptoms but on a much more intense level. I'm guessing that the stronger an opiod's binding affinity on the mu receptor, the worse the withdrawal will be once completely removed from the system? The physical part sucks but the mental part is insane. I have had depression and anxiety so bad that suicidal thoughts keep popping in my head every minute and it's the end of day 3 c/t. I took 40mgs of adderall today which made me anxious as hell. I slipped up and took 50mgs of hydrocodone tonight bc my anxiety was really getting very bad (no access to benzos or anything else).

Did that dose just ruin all my progress? I can't get anything else anymore so no matter what, I'm riding this out till the end. I just want an idea of how much damage I did

WD severity depends on potency, dose, and duration of use.
That dose didn't ruin all your progress, but it definitely affected it.
A taper would be a better way of quitting though.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hydro man. At least not if your coming off fentanyl..fuck I will encourage it, but i'm just oldschool like dat.

Honestly I been taking 12-15 norcos a day. I ran out like 2 days ago after about 3 weeks of doing that much about every day.

I'm WAITING for my withdrawal symptoms to begin because I've had way worse off way less before.

The only real symptom of w/d I've had since I ran out is a return of my back pain, chills, and a little anxiety and craving.

I didn't really taper much, but I went down to 80mg for 2 days and then I had 30mg left and took that the last day. Idk if that's why, was it like a fast taper, we just don't know..lol.
I mean it's not like im sitting here in bliss or anything but my sypmtoms have been quite mild..so you might try tapering with low doses of hydrocodone say a half grain for 2 days.
Avoid the Adderall altogether..

Good luck man, if I can do it i'm sure you can.
...smoke weed it helps, so does drinking if you can stomach it.

(no access to benzos or anything else).

Did that dose just ruin all my progress? I can't get anything else anymore so no matter what, I'm riding this out till the end. I just want an idea of how much damage I did

If you don't have access to real benzos, then I would highly encourage you to order some Etizolam. It's effects are almost identical to benzos and would do wonders to help with your anxiety and sleep.

I wouldn't say that the potency is really the issue with withdrawal severity because where there is an increase in potency, there is a corresponding decrease in dose, ie, you would not transfer from 20mg of hydrocodone to 20mg of fentanyl.

Rather, it's my belief that the dose and half life are the big things dictating how severe it will be, along with length of habit and whether you've ever had a habit before. Burroughs commented once on how it took more than six months to get your first habit but only a week for your second.

If you don't have access to real benzos, then I would highly encourage you to order some Etizolam. It's effects are almost identical to benzos and would do wonders to help with your anxiety and sleep.

Very risky though. Benzos help, for sure, but you don't want to join the hundreds of thousands of others who have made it off opiates and straight away got hooked on benzos. IME, without any exaggeration at all, benzo withdrawals are far, far worse than any opiate withdrawal IF you take them for an extended time.

They are amazingly handy tools to have during opiate WDs, because it's the only way you can get any sleep. If you have to get yourself some benzos, get the smallest amount possible. Remember that opiate WD is famously awful, and there's going to be suffering involved. If you start trying to cushion the horror too much you're in a very dangerous position of picking up another addiction.

Beware the benzo.

EDIT: one other thing, don't be fooled into "real" benzos and etizolam. Etizolam is a thienodiazepine. It is a benzo for intents and purposes, and, I can say from firsthand experience that etizolam withdrawal is horrendous. There's no easy way out of opiate WDs. Tread carefully and good luck.

Last edited: