GOOD trance...

HydrA

Bluelighter
Is something that completes my everyday life. It helps me relax and unwind, without any sort of outside effort, drugs, or even mindset. Regaurdless of how I'm feeling, trance will put everything back into perspective. The greatest producers of this music really have intricate minds, and can see past the normal horizon of everyday thought and reality. One day, I hope to produce my own view of what trance is, but until then I will respect, admire, and play that music which has such important meaning in my life. From dark trance, to trance that makes me shed a tear, I live and love it all. It is my reason for existance, my motivation for advancement, my basic happiness in life comes from it. I wake up every morning happy to be alive because I have found something to form a profound, positive impact on my daily existance.
For all of you who have discovered, and made intimate contact with whatever style of trance you dig, or any type music that moves you, or has special meaning to you...you truely understand what can be gotten out of life from something so pleasurable and simple, yet so complicated, diverse, and incredible to us. Only a handfull of people I know and talk to in daily life truely understand the meaning that is music, and to you who get out of music what I get and see, i give my utmost respect. You are truely enlightened and privileged to feel such emotions from such an amazing form of art, most of the world cannot...
~hydra
[ 27 March 2002: Message edited by: HydrA ]

You said it all! I know exactly how you feel! Nothing beats a monumental groove in the morning :D

I totally feel your passion. The other day I had a conversation with my friend about this. I had bought a new cd recently, Nu Horizons, a breaks mix. We were listening to it pumped in his car, and I asked if it was odd for someone to feel so passionate about music. Like for me, not a dj, just your avg chica, I have been into music since I can remember. Shizz, when I was 8 years old I was making tapes of Roxanne Shante, UTFO, RUN DMC, etc., for my little friends to hear. As I get older, and my tastes and preferences broaden, I feel such intense feelings when I hear stuff I like. Sometimes I wonder, is this normal? From the time I wake up, til the time I go to bed, something is pumping in my ears. If its not music from outside, then its still pumping in my brain...and I get emotional and physical rushes from what I hear almost always...
Dunno, but i love it. And I hear more than just sounds. There is a true art and story behind it all, mainly electronic music: trance, breaks,jungle, dnb, house,etc.
I have realized my passion, just wish I could be more constructive about it rather than just being obsessed.
Great post, btw!!! :D
[ 27 March 2002: Message edited by: nephil ]

YES YES YES YES YES!!!
I love music so much myself.. My girlfriend get's all pissed because I never shut up about it..
HYDRA: I love trance myself.. That's why I chose to spin it.. You summed up my every feeling on trance in your post.. WORD UP
NEPHIL: Did you ever think about becoming a DJ?? You seem to love music, as you say, and well, that's why I'm a DJ, because I love music and I want people to know it.. You used to make tapes for your friends, well, I like to do the same.. I get such a rush from mixing records and recording it.. My friends are like, yo this is cool, what is it.. It just makes me smile when I'm like, dood, this is my shit, want a copy??
Anyhow, I love a good post... I had to reply to this one.. Thanks Hydra for the daily dose of inspiration.

NEPHIL: Did you ever think about becoming a DJ?? You seem to love music, as you say, and well, that's why I'm a DJ, because I love music and I want people to know it..

X, I have thought about it, but I have NO idea where to begin. I have a few friends that spin, but not seriously, and actually they are just getting into it themselves. I would enjoy that very much I think, we'll see. But yes, I have been thinking about it more and more everyday...
[ 27 March 2002: Message edited by: nephil ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed...
Much more powerful than words can EVER be. Electronic music has hands...and those hands take ahold of your emotions and does magical stuff.
I'm living inside the rhythm everyday of my life....
and I would not say it is 'weird' to feel this way about music....I would say it is completely normal...but our current day society would most likely say otherwise. They just don't understand....they have 'closed minds' and 'closed hearts.'
It's to bad they are missing out...
Music is my sex life.

BTW...
I think this thread should instead be called 'Musical Passion'..
the 'trance' tag on there will deter many from even coming in....
dunno just an idea...
I was just thinking of some certain tracks that have a really strong emotional pull on me....off the top of my head:
Pole Folder & CP - Apollo Vibes (Bedrock records)
Sasha - Expander
Illuminatus - Hope (Oliver Lieb remix) (Avante Garde records)
Revolt - Freighttrain (www.xpander.nl remix) (Bedrock records)
Transcender - Rock Music (Brancaccio & Aisher remix) (Frascas records)
Polekat - Muge (Underground Renaissance recordings)
Dusted - Always Remember to Respect and Honour Your Mother (Deep Dish remix) (Nettwerk records)
Breeder - Tyrantanic (Slackers Kingdom Come remix) (Rhythm Syndicate records)
many more....

Out of the many, many, songs that really MOVE me, here are a few of my fav's:
(in random order)
-Stakka, Skynet & Friction...Altitude
-Moseh Naim...NEEM 01(shooting star)
-Sasha...Xpander
-Hybrid...Kid 2000
-teebee...silent depths
-Amon Tobin...Pirhana breaks
-Robbie rivera...Harder and faster (weapon vs e- sassin remix)
-J-Majik...love is not a game
-TGM...Infinity 2.0
...to be continued...
[ 28 March 2002: Message edited by: nephil ]

DJSethNichols: We share musical taste! Those are some of my favourite tracks as well! Particularly:
Pole Folder & CP; Apollo Vibes (Original, YAP Mixes) (Bedrock)
Transcender; Rock Music (Brancaccio & Aisher Suicide Sports Dub) (Fracas)
Illuminatus; Hope (Oliver Leib Mix) (Avantgarde)
Sasha; Xpander/Belfunk/Rabbitweed/Baja (Deconstruction) - best EP ever ;)
Also:
White Room; Strapped (Original Mix) (Bedrock)
Electric Tease; Fever (Automatic)
Luzon; The Baguio Track (Original, Bedrock, Menace Mixes) (Renaissance)
Dave Kane; Clarkness (Original Mix) (Plastic Fantastic)
James Holden; Solstice/I Have Put Out The Light (Silver Planet) - and most of his other tracks/mixes
and many more ;)

I totally agree with everyone who has posted to this excellent thread!
I love the feeling of chill bumps on my arm when a beat grabs hold of me. Or puts a smile on my face when a familiar track comes on and I cant help but move a part of my body. Doesnt matter what part, as long as I am moving. Music will be a part of my life forever.

music 0wnz j00!
im not going to go into a deep explanation of my reasoning, but i will say i could not live without music. i enjoy all kinds, and they move me in different ways

good one.

i woud like to add my own views to this excellent thread if i may.
im turning 26 this year, and have been going out for the past ten years. i discovered progressive house couple of years ago (5 or 6 years ago a friend introduced me to the early renaissance and ministry of sound compilations, and underworld. northern exposure 1, was that earlier?) the first dj mixed compilation i owned was oakenfold - perfecto fluoro. i remember being so excited about this music i was hearing i had to bring my discman out and let my then girlfriend hear it. and there i was smiling and anticipating like a kid discovering something new, as she put on the earphones and after a few minutes of listening, she returned it to me, not displaying a marked increment in enthusiasm (sp?).

i am very anal about who i go out with, not because i was, or am, cool or l33t. but i realised there was only a select few who shared the same passion, who appreciate what i love on the same level. to this day, i remember seeing my friend with his eyes closed, hands outstretched infront of him, soaking up chicane - offshore. i remember us laughing and jumping when we heard hybrid drop sander kleinenberg - my lexicon. i remember us looking at each other across a dancefloor, not needing to say anything, just pointing in the air at a good track and the knowing grin.

music was more than just background entertainment to facilitate social interactions, to us, music was it, there was nothing else. we didnt go out to meet people, to rub shoulders or to drink... we went out for the music and everything else was secondrary. and this was before i discovered drugs and even till today, drugs too are secondrary.

my present girlfriend and i hear the same thing in music. we used to run to each other asking if we just heard a particular sound in a track or sms each other... and after a while, we stopped doing that, because we knew wherever we were, we heard the same sound that brought a smile to our faces, we didnt have to check with each other anymore.

i could dance my head off while out, or just as easily, stand still with my eyes closed and on opening them again, surprised to find myself in an enclosed space with someone's back in my face, momentarily disoriented.

my apologies if this is all personal and rambling... im trying to relate what music means and does to me.

people tell me i would change as i got older. my priorities would become different; but music was never a priority, it was a passion, not external to my life. its intrinsic.

i cant imagine not having music in my life... silence is just too empty to bear.

and to all these people who share the music, as hydra said, respects, i probably would never meet most of you, but its good to know there's someone out there sharing the music.

Everything in your post does could not be repeated again by me, but let me just say that I agree about the intrinsic nature of my passion for music.
my apologies if this is all personal and rambling
Not necessary, what is personal to you, is also felt by others. Maybe not in the same experiences, but sure enough on the same level. For me, music is my drug. Through it, I can experience every emotion, willingly. When its time to get up, there is a rhythm, when its time to wind down, there is something else...
It is also interesting that as I learn more about music, and discover new aspects of it, my passion for it increases tremendously. I never tire of any of it, whether Ive heard a song a hundred times, or only one, cause every time I hear a song, depending on my mode at the time, I hear something different inside of it.

vurtomatic:
It's good to know there are some other Melbournite's totally diggin' the progressive sound ;)
I only started going out around 2 years ago, and it took my a year to find 'my' sound. I slowly filtered out all that hard, banging and un-feeling crap, and one day while doing some homework and listening to my Sasha GU009 CD 2 for the 100th time, it finally clicked! It was so musical, so uplifting without being obvious, and the closer I listened, the more I appreciated it. From then on, it's been the centre of my life. I soon started a record collection, bought some decks, and now I spend 1/2 my time looking/listening to music, and the other half sleeping (and school!) I find it really hard to explain how I feel about it, but I know a lot of you feel the same way, and that's good to know ;)
I finished school today, and Anthony Pappa/Clive Henry is in 2 days!!! Can't wait ;) Hope to see you there vurtomatic and any other Melbourne Bluelighter's!! I'll be right up the front in a white hoody, just soaking it up ;)

Oh my God - this thread sums up my whole life. I can not put it in words the passion and love I have for music. I wouldn't be able to live without it. It's amazing how music plays with you, yor emotions, your feelings. When I've heard Sander Kleinenberg's "My Lexicon" I would scream and jump because I've never experienced such joy. No drug can give you such profound joy as music!

Nephil...
My advice to you is to just keep doing what you do.. listen to the music and keep letting it get inside you.. buy an inexpensive mixer, and some cheap tables.. that way if you try to do it and find it isn't for you, you can sell them and not be out 1000 dollars.. I bought a numark battle pak kit, and I can mix just fine on them.. eventually you'll have to upgrade, but why buy top-of-the-line equipment if you don't know how to use it?
To all who have posted here.. Sometimes I get discouraged mixing when no one appreciates what I'm doing.. My girlfriend hates it when I mix.. She hates trance. But I love it and continue to do it anyway.. It makes me know by reading this thread that someone does appreciate it..
everyone here has my utmost respect, whatever music you listen to, as long as you can respect the music, and understand it for what it is, you don't have to like it. Just understand..
This thread has my vote for the best thread I've ever read..
peace