• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hardest drug to get off?

For me it's the whole opioid family... Life seems so much better then when they wear off I feel 2x worse than before. Which leads me to re-dosing then I develop a tolerance. etc.
I'm trying to cycle in Kratom to kick my habit and reduce the cravings, seems to work for the most part when I want a lil nod or mood boost. But of course nothing beats the real deal.

Pregabalin/Gabapentin, not because the drugs are fun and you want to take more but strictly because the physical withdrawal is so horrific and long and just never ends. For 2 years I went without these pills before I gave in and reinstated. Now I eat them untill I die because quitting is impossible for me as I never seem to heal.

Other than that I'd say benzo withdrawal is really shitty.

Opiate withdrawal is bad but time always heal these wounds.

For me it's the whole opioid family... Life seems so much better then when they wear off I feel 2x worse than before. Which leads me to re-dosing then I develop a tolerance. etc.
I'm trying to cycle in Kratom to kick my habit and reduce the cravings, seems to work for the most part when I want a lil nod or mood boost. But of course nothing beats the real deal.

Part of what you wrote is more answering the question 'what is the most addictive?' This is asking what is hardest to get off, doesn't really matter how easy it was to get addicted.

Hardest drugs to get off IMO would be methadone, bupe, benzos, and alcohol.

Hardest drugs to stay off IMO would be methamp, cocaine, and nicotine.

Yup, for me it's whatever I'm trying to quit at the moment.The question is too subjective to answer fairly.

opioids in general.

Having done my share of stims, benzos, and opies.....opiates are the hardest physically crippling and psychologically devastating. Almost impossible to taper ime.

Benzos are easy to taper.....hell cold turkey tho.