• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

After reading this thread just went for trying DOC for first time. The idea was to check if was nice to microdosing. I prepared a .333mgs/ml solution and go for one dose. I was waiting for a looong coming up but BANG! at 20mins I was definitively near plus one.

At three hours I peaked. I must say that .333mgs is way too much for a microdose, it is more like plus one territory. Im quite a softhead but for the next time Im going for .150-200mgs or less if I want to be in a plenty functional fashion

At 4 hours I managed to do a micro nap, but the rest of the day was just awesome, full of energy, creativity and pro social endeavours. Whatever I talked with anybody I couldn?t stop to laught at mostly everything but to offer deep analysis as well. At the nitghtime I was almost at full plus one yet, but somehow I managed to sleep nice (two hours later my common schedule) and wake up next morning still with lingering effects and a wonderful feeling of openess

This sunday I have a birthday party and I will repeat the dosage, maybe a little less. DOC is such a gem, Im dying to go there again.

Im not sure if it?s a suitable compound for working days as it can be tricky to sleep that night but for weekends of holydays it seems like a no brainer. I?ll keep my microdosing experiments one or two days next week too and will report further impressions and sensations

After reading this thread just went for trying DOC for first time. The idea was to check if was nice to microdosing. I prepared a .333mgs/ml solution and go for one dose. I was waiting for a looong coming up but BANG! at 20mins I was definitively near plus one.

At three hours I peaked. I must say that .333mgs is way too much for a microdose, it is more like plus one territory. Im quite a softhead but for the next time Im going for .150-200mgs or less if I want to be in a plenty functional fashion

At 4 hours I managed to do a micro nap, but the rest of the day was just awesome, full of energy, creativity and pro social endeavours. Whatever I talked with anybody I couldn?t stop to laught at mostly everything but to offer deep analysis as well. At the nitghtime I was almost at full plus one yet, but somehow I managed to sleep nice (two hours later my common schedule) and wake up next morning still with lingering effects and a wonderful feeling of openess

This sunday I have a birthday party and I will repeat the dosage, maybe a little less. DOC is such a gem, Im dying to go there again.

Im not sure if it?s a suitable compound for working days as it can be tricky to sleep that night but for weekends of holydays it seems like a no brainer. I?ll keep my microdosing experiments one or two days next week too and will report further impressions and sensations
I'm glad you liked it! :)

You will shortly notice how strong of a tolerance DOC will cause and its cross-tolerance too, meaning other psychs and stims effects would be drastically reduced for a week at least.

I think DOC is not a very good microdosing agent due to its exhausting duration and effect on sleep pattern but once every blue moon I do take about 200-300mcg of it for the "good mood"... ;)

When I was younger I would take very small doses for a mood and energy booster (.25 to .5mg) but these days even .5mg causes me to actually trip, and even .25mg will not let me sleep that night, even if I take it in the morning. DOC is strong stuff. I absolutely love it but the older I get the longer it lasts for some reason. My favorite dose is 2mg.

When I was younger I would take very small doses for a mood and energy booster (.25 to .5mg) but these days even .5mg causes me to actually trip, and even .25mg will not let me sleep that night, even if I take it in the morning. DOC is strong stuff. I absolutely love it but the older I get the longer it lasts for some reason. My favorite dose is 2mg.
I have also noticed this tendency with lots of stuff lately. I think it's our livers man... They are not as good and efficient as they were when we're younger, so it takes longer to metabolize active drugs into inactive ones.

I'd say my favorite dosage of DOC is also about 2mg.
Xorkoth, next time you gotta try it with Phenibut and minerals, like Magnesium and stuff - I had ZERO body load in terms of any unpleasantness last time, no hints to vasoconstriction either.

Oh I use it with phenibut every time. Magnesium when I remember. L-arginine when I remember.

Microdosing with DOC is best kept to 50-100mcg IME, Hexagon Sun. Closer to 50 than 100.

I've never tried it that low. I've done it as low as 250ug and it was fully active at a low level, it actually kept me up all night and I took it in the morning.

Oh I use it with phenibut every time. Magnesium when I remember. L-arginine when I remember.

Good afternoon.

In my little chest I have 800mg of DOC. This summer I plan to take it for the first time. It will be my first psychedelic marathon.

I was wondering if you take Phenibut to reduce the body burden, and if 5mg of Diazepan would have a similar effect.
Is there any advantage of Phenibut over any benzo? From what I have read it also affects GABA receptors.

DocLad

Nice! I wouldn't actually binge on DOC but I have taken it weekly for long periods of time before which is kind of a binge, especially for most people. Anyway, yes I've taken phenibut many times with DOC, in fact these days I like to use phenibut for most trips as it's just a great thing to combine them with. It doesn't reduce the trip at all, or mask anything, it just makes you approach the trip with that phenibut confidence and smoothness. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable, but it doesn't stop body load. But honestly I find that bodyload is, for me anyway, usually a symptom of my internal state more than an actual physical effect from the drug, or an excess of energy that you're not channeling. For example, with DOC I get a lot of body energy which manifests as restlessness and an almost RLS-style need to move my limbs. So I do things when I take it, ideally I spend the day exploring nature with a good friend who also takes it. When I'm out doing things, the body energy feels good and it helps me, and I generally feel euphoric and talkative, but if I sit at home I feel very restless and kind of overwhelmed and unpleasant until the trip levels out (which takes like 6 hours or so for me, for it to fully peak).

But anyway, benzos like diazepam help more on a physical muscle tension level, but they do mute some aspects of the trip and reduce overall intensity. IMO benzos are better as a safety net to be utilized only when necessary, whereas phenibut is a great drug to combine with psychedelics. If you're experiencing a negative headspace you can't get past and it's becoming problematic, benzos can be very valuable. I tripped VERY hard at a festival a couple of weeks ago and at some point I really got the fear bad, probably the worst it's ever happened and it happened out of nowhere because I've tripped hundreds of times over the past 10 years since I've experienced the fear at all. Anyway I realized I was about to lose my shit and I took 2mg of etizolam, and it pulled me out of it and I went back to having an amazing time, although I was MUCH less high. Which, that time, I needed to be. I was actually on phenibut as well, but something still triggered that anxiety attack, which the benzo interrupted very nicely.

So I guess I'm saying they both have their place, but they're different places.

Nice! I wouldn't actually binge on DOC but I have taken it weekly for long periods of time before which is kind of a binge, especially for most people. Anyway, yes I've taken phenibut many times with DOC, in fact these days I like to use phenibut for most trips as it's just a great thing to combine them with. It doesn't reduce the trip at all, or mask anything, it just makes you approach the trip with that phenibut confidence and smoothness. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable, but it doesn't stop body load. But honestly I find that bodyload is, for me anyway, usually a symptom of my internal state more than an actual physical effect from the drug, or an excess of energy that you're not channeling. For example, with DOC I get a lot of body energy which manifests as restlessness and an almost RLS-style need to move my limbs. So I do things when I take it, ideally I spend the day exploring nature with a good friend who also takes it. When I'm out doing things, the body energy feels good and it helps me, and I generally feel euphoric and talkative, but if I sit at home I feel very restless and kind of overwhelmed and unpleasant until the trip levels out (which takes like 6 hours or so for me, for it to fully peak).

But anyway, benzos like diazepam help more on a physical muscle tension level, but they do mute some aspects of the trip and reduce overall intensity. IMO benzos are better as a safety net to be utilized only when necessary, whereas phenibut is a great drug to combine with psychedelics. If you're experiencing a negative headspace you can't get past and it's becoming problematic, benzos can be very valuable. I tripped VERY hard at a festival a couple of weeks ago and at some point I really got the fear bad, probably the worst it's ever happened and it happened out of nowhere because I've tripped hundreds of times over the past 10 years since I've experienced the fear at all. Anyway I realized I was about to lose my shit and I took 2mg of etizolam, and it pulled me out of it and I went back to having an amazing time, although I was MUCH less high. Which, that time, I needed to be. I was actually on phenibut as well, but something still triggered that anxiety attack, which the benzo interrupted very nicely.

So I guess I'm saying they both have their place, but they're different places.

I get it.

You use it because they synergize with each other, not to appease the body burden. I agree that body burden is an "exudate" that goes from the inside out in many cases and that is related to psychology.

I usually take 5mg of Dizepan when I stumble on Triptamines because I have back pain and muscle tension because I do a lot of sport. It also keeps my blood pressure at bay. I use larger doses only when I want a trip to end.
5mg of Diazepan does not make the trip less intense. Everything is the dose.

I would like to have access to Phenibut. Is it a prescription medication? OTC? RC?

DocLad

In America it's sold totally openly as a dietary supplement. It's a prescription drug in Russia.

Could you describe a bit how affects phenibut in your travels? and what other drugs do you mix it with?

DocLad

Full day boring train wagons of orgasmic hallucinogenic flu...

There are a lot of tensions, sweating... trying to get nap from time to time to recover for all theses tensions ... during which i got some nice dreaming visuals... i find them cold... quite as dissociative ones...

Not sure i will retry ...

Now i'm trying to kill it with benzo but this stuff is tough and fight back... it deserve it's warning about duration...

Last edited:
Full day boring train wagons of orgasmic hallucinogenic flu...

There are a lot of tensions, sweating... trying to get nap from time to time to recover for all theses tensions ... during which i got some nice dreaming visuals... i find them cold... quite as dissociative ones...

Not sure i will retry ...

Now i'm trying to kill it with benzo but this stuff is tough and fight back... it deserve it's warning about duration...

I hope your experience ends well.
What amount have you taken? Tell us a little more please.

DocLad

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you really want to be doing something physical with DOC, it's not the drug to sit around the house with. Every time I take DOC and sit around, it makes me really uncomfortable. Go out and go on a hike or something, get out and socialize, do something. It channels the energy and makes the trip great.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you really want to be doing something physical with DOC, it's not the drug to sit around the house with. Every time I take DOC and sit around, it makes me really uncomfortable. Go out and go on a hike or something, get out and socialize, do something. It channels the energy and makes the trip great.

I want to take advantage of this comment to not open a new thread.

Next weekend I plan to go with my wife (who is her birthday) to the Pyrenees. We want to trek through a mythical path surrounded by ancient stone through which incredible waterfalls descend. In summary, the place is perfect to disconnect during the day and walk through the mountain
My idea is to get up around 7 o'clock in the morning, have breakfast(we should?) and go there. I thought we could take a psychedelic to sharpen the senses and let ourselves be carried away by nature. I have never taken a psychedelic in these conditions, my experiences are limited to traveling at home or outside but always quiet in one place.

I have a good variety of substances but finally I have chosen to take 100ug of Eth-Lad or 2-3mg of DOC.
I know they have different profiles and I would like to know how I can take advantage of their differences in the best possible way.

I have some doubts that I want to expose:

1.The path is not very long, but it is uphill almost the entire journey. DOC and Eth-Lad must provide me with enough energy to face the road well? I would not like to feel defeated or fatigued as I sometimes feel with Tryptamines.

2. I worry about the summer temperature a little. We will hydrate all the time and we will go with the protected body, but between the exercise and the heat I think that leaving at 08h in the morning is a bit fair. Would you come out earlier? Any other recommendation?

3. Do you think Eth-Lad and DOC are suitable substances for this purpose? What do you think of the dose?

If you like to do Trekking when you take psychedelics, I would like you to gave me some good advice.
If you know any thread about it, link it here please.

DocLad

Last edited:
DOC is the best substance I know for hiking/outdoors stuff. It produces quite a bit of energy. It is, however, MUCH longer-lasting than whatever hike you're going to be doing, which I like personally, but something to be aware of. I took ETH-LAD for a hike once and it was good, but maybe less good than LSD (which is also a great hiking drug, but not as good as DOC, IMO). To me ETH-LAD is less of an energy-producer than LSD, and substantially less than DOC. But the duration is better. If you have other lysergamides, ALD-52/1p-LSD/LSD would be better for a hike, and after that, AL-LAD, before ETH-LAD. But if it were me, I'd go for the DOC. :)

DOC is the best substance I know for hiking/outdoors stuff. It produces quite a bit of energy. It is, however, MUCH longer-lasting than whatever hike you're going to be doing, which I like personally, but something to be aware of. I took ETH-LAD for a hike once and it was good, but maybe less good than LSD (which is also a great hiking drug, but not as good as DOC, IMO). To me ETH-LAD is less of an energy-producer than LSD, and substantially less than DOC. But the duration is better. If you have other lysergamides, ALD-52/1p-LSD/LSD would be better for a hike, and after that, AL-LAD, before ETH-LAD. But if it were me, I'd go for the DOC. :)

Thanks for the response.

I am leaning slightly towards DOC, I feel that in some way it can be less demanding than Eth-Lad. I really want a long and contemplative trip, these last two months have changed many things in my life and I would like to enjoy the latest progress with a psychedelic and contact with nature.
A year ago that I dont take any psychedelic, so tolerance will be the least of the problems.
2.5mg would be a good bet right? I do not want to fall down any precipice. lol

Regarding the duration of DOC I have a couple of doubts:

1. When we reach the end of the path, there will be a lake with a beautiful lawn and flowers, some tourist shops and a Hotel. There will be people loitering nearby.
At the +4h mark in DOC (will I be at the peak?) We will have arrived at the destination. Is it difficult to interact with strangers? I guess it's something very personal, but since I've never taken psychedelics in a similar circumstance I'd like to have an opinion.

2. How stimulating is DOC towards the end? If we take DOC at 8 o'clock in the morning, will we sleep well at night?

I also have 1p-LSD and LSD if I change my mind.

DocLad

Last edited:
I would dose 1.5-2mg, but I tend to be sensitive and cautious when it comes to dosing in public.

In regards to interacting with others at T+4, DOC is the only psychedelic that I can even come close to being around people in regular situations on. It will be much more comfortable on DOC than it would be on ETH-LAD.

Stimulation depends on the sensitivity of the individual, but personally I can't sleep until T+18hrs without benzos, and even with benzos, it can be tough to push through the stimulation if it's still occurring.