• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Stimulation depends on the sensitivity of the individual, but personally I can't sleep until T+18hrs without benzos, and even with benzos, it can be tough to push through the stimulation if it's still occurring.

+18hrs?...wow...

Without a doubt, the duration of DOC could be a handicap.

What kind of stimulation are we talking about? For example, the residual stimulation of Hex-En, Nep or Amph is not something that I like too much ... they are summarized in grinding teeth, tightening the jaw, headaches, nervousness and complete lack of euphoria ... If the DOC's residual stimulation goes down this road, bad business.

If on the other hand it is a type of stimulation that continues accompanied by psychedelic effects (even if they are minimal) with a certain euphoria and desire to continue with the trip then it would be different.

DocLad

It's extremely nice, it's just long, and you're no longer really on the same wavelength as the peak was at all.

And, it's possibly even better than the trip itself. Hour 12+ is as Xorkoth has described it, total zen. I'm not sure I've experienced a more fully content state of consciousness than during hrs 12+ of DOC. You've come down from tripping but are now in a state of perfect self-love, love and care for others, and general positivity and enthusiasm for all of life, all of it.

Again, the issue with DOC isn't the resulting state of mind ala comedowns, but the sheer length of it's duration.

I understand what you mean, it sounds very good to me. I suspect that the inconvenience may be the fatigue accumulated after a long walk + DOC, but we can return to the hostel by rack train if necessary.

I will take Diazepan, THC and Oxycodone for the return. :)

DocLad

Nice! I wouldn't actually binge on DOC but I have taken it weekly for long periods of time before which is kind of a binge, especially for most people. Anyway, yes I've taken phenibut many times with DOC, in fact these days I like to use phenibut for most trips as it's just a great thing to combine them with. It doesn't reduce the trip at all, or mask anything, it just makes you approach the trip with that phenibut confidence and smoothness. It makes me feel a lot more comfortable, but it doesn't stop body load. But honestly I find that bodyload is, for me anyway, usually a symptom of my internal state more than an actual physical effect from the drug, or an excess of energy that you're not channeling. For example, with DOC I get a lot of body energy which manifests as restlessness and an almost RLS-style need to move my limbs. So I do things when I take it, ideally I spend the day exploring nature with a good friend who also takes it. When I'm out doing things, the body energy feels good and it helps me, and I generally feel euphoric and talkative, but if I sit at home I feel very restless and kind of overwhelmed and unpleasant until the trip levels out (which takes like 6 hours or so for me, for it to fully peak).

But anyway, benzos like diazepam help more on a physical muscle tension level, but they do mute some aspects of the trip and reduce overall intensity. IMO benzos are better as a safety net to be utilized only when necessary, whereas phenibut is a great drug to combine with psychedelics. If you're experiencing a negative headspace you can't get past and it's becoming problematic, benzos can be very valuable. I tripped VERY hard at a festival a couple of weeks ago and at some point I really got the fear bad, probably the worst it's ever happened and it happened out of nowhere because I've tripped hundreds of times over the past 10 years since I've experienced the fear at all. Anyway I realized I was about to lose my shit and I took 2mg of etizolam, and it pulled me out of it and I went back to having an amazing time, although I was MUCH less high. Which, that time, I needed to be. I was actually on phenibut as well, but something still triggered that anxiety attack, which the benzo interrupted very nicely.

So I guess I'm saying they both have their place, but they're different places.

Seriously onto something there! Certainly thought about this before. Uncomfortable/awkward set/settings have certainly given me some reeeeaaalllyy strange body feelings when I'm tripping. Camping trip last week we took our stuff and had forgotten to pay for the campsite and register our vehicles. So on the comeup, the (very chill and kind) attendant lady came to talk with us, get license plate #'s, give us the spiel on fire and bear safety, and I remember sitting their with my shades on thinking "holy shit you are so nice and chill but I am in no state to be having this conversation". I could hardly stand still, as soon as the exchange was finally over I just took off running cause I had all this pent up anxious energy that just HAD to go somewhere.

I find it can happen the other way around as well, not go off topic from DOC, but mushrooms sometimes give me this heavy bodyload where my stomach is all achey, nauseous, and I end up couch locked sort of left to my own thoughts, immobilized almost. This definitely puts a hamper on my mental state/attitude during the trip. When I'm all stomach-sick and heavy feeling on the couch or laying down, I'm more likely to think thoughts like "ugh why'd I do this" than if my whole body feels light as a feather on LSD and I've got the dexterity to climb a tree or easily and comfortably change my perspective/setting if need be. Although, the ONE time I had a "bad" trip on LSD i remember the bodyload being incredibly unpleasant, whereas in every other situation it's orgasmic.

It almost creates a feedback loop in extreme scenarios; heavy bodyload -> mental distress over the bodyload -> exacerbates bodyload/draws my focus to it -> and so on... Chicken or the egg situation though to begin with.

DOC definitely lasts at least 18 hours, and at T+4 you'll be peaking. I would probably take it an hour before the hike starts. However, DOC, for me, is quite pro-social. I tend to spend the trip talking animatedly about all manner of interesting things. If I run into other people, I feel confident. It's a very mentally focused psychedelic, not disorienting, it makes me feel like I'm good at doing things. After about T+10 to T+12 it kicks into second gear, where I basically feel like I'm in the perfect flow state, very euphoric, capable, motivated. Kind of like dextro-amphetamine but so much better, and without any of the drawbacks of stimulants. It does make it impossible to sleep though, T+18 is as soon as I'd expect to be able to sleep, unless you take a benzo to knock yourself out. Alcohol also mixes very well with the second stage of DOC, truly a nice combo.

But yeah, DOC is very long-lasting... don't underestimate the duration. The peak is from like T+3 to T+6 or 7 with a slow drop-off after that.

Thanks for the reply.

The peak does not seem very long...
By the way, DOC causes nausea of ​​some kind? The road is long and we want to have breakfast. I have Ondansetron in case I need to avoid nausea.
What is your experience?

DocLad

I don't get nausea from it, it can produce a bit of a sour stomach but to combat that I usually eat a light breakfast before taking it. I really don't get nausea from anything, but my friends that take it also don't seem to get nauseous from it.

But anyway the peak is kind of indistinct. It ramps up relatively quickly considering the duration, by 2 hours you'll be fully in it, but it gets gradually stronger for a few hours and then gradually less strong, but you'll be fully tripping until T+10 or T+12, when it drops off more noticeably and becomes more euphoric and zen.

It seems that my wife does not want to take any psychedelics. :(
Well, I'll postpone the DOC trip for another time, I feel we will not be in sync in this way, and it's a trip for the whole day.

I will take with me 25mg of 2c-c to administer rectally when we return to the lodge in the afternoon. I have not tried this substance yet.

Thanks for your recommendations.

DocLad

As a counterpoint, DOC makes me quit nauseous on the come-up. I've definitely thrown up as a result a few times. That being said, pretty much all psychedelics except for LSD make me nauseous during the come-up.

It seems that my wife does not want to take any psychedelics. :(
Well, I'll postpone the DOC trip for another time, I feel we will not be in sync in this way, and it's a trip for the whole day.

I will take with me 25mg of 2c-c to administer rectally when we return to the lodge in the afternoon. I have not tried this substance yet.

Thanks for your recommendations.

DocLad

great choice. Plugging it miiiiiight make you a bit out of it, but you should still have fun. If it's just you and the wifey and she knows you are tripping it will probably end with much sexy time.

great choice. Plugging it miiiiiight make you a bit out of it, but you should still have fun. If it's just you and the wifey and she knows you are tripping it will probably end with much sexy time.

Hi!

Finally I connected 30mg of 2c-c (20mg+10mg) and had a great time.
The duration was two hours. I had very nice bodily sensations(I was lying down during the whole trip) very similar to those offered by the MDxx family, and I had very beautiful and complex visuals with the trees(I could not differentiate the leaves of the birds) and the tiles in the kitchen.

2c-c was not challenging at all, in fact it has been the softest psychedelic I've tried so far. High body and visual effects but no psychedelic mind. Ego intact. Perfect to introduce a newbie.
This has been another trip to reaffirm that the rectal route only brings benefits. Powerful climbing and minimum body load. I had a bit of chills and a strange feeling in my teeth(lol), but nothing more.

Towards the end of the trip I insufflated 60mg of ketamine that sent me to outer space. I became a frog 8o and had a strange relationship with water and his meaning. I had quite strong hallucinations looking at my hands.
Very psychedelic experience with pronounced euphoria and dissociation , no doubt there was a great synergy.

DocLad

Last edited:
2C-C is a beautiful substance, similar to 2C-B but more psychedelic. I agree that they're in a similar realm as MDMA, also. I find 2C-C to consistently produce very useful introspection, along with substantial euphoria and a great body feel, and also nice visuals. DOC has similarities to 2C-C for sure, but DOC is a much stronger psychedelic. In general not all the DOXs are too similar to their corresponding 2C-X... for example, 2C-B is even easier and lighter than 2C-C, yet DOB is a heavy-duty and very powerful psychedelic.

That reminds me... I have some DOB blotters, I still have to give that one a try.

2C-C is a beautiful substance, similar to 2C-B but more psychedelic. I agree that they're in a similar realm as MDMA, also. I find 2C-C to consistently produce very useful introspection, along with substantial euphoria and a great body feel, and also nice visuals. DOC has similarities to 2C-C for sure, but DOC is a much stronger psychedelic. In general not all the DOXs are too similar to their corresponding 2C-X... for example, 2C-B is even easier and lighter than 2C-C, yet DOB is a heavy-duty and very powerful psychedelic.

That reminds me... I have some DOB blotters, I still have to give that one a try.

2c-b seems less psychedelic than 2c-c? This doesn't seem to be the general consensus. I have only tried 2c-b and never above 20mg, 30mg of 2c-c plugged in was more powerful than the two experiences with 2c-b. What is the equipotent dose for the two substances?

I have proposed to take the family 2c-x starting with 2c-c and scaling little by little towards the more potent compounds (2c-c, 2c-b, 2c-e and 2c-p). These are the 2c-x that I have in my possession. 8)

DocLad

Huh, generally in my reading (and experience), people don't regard 2C-B as strongly psychedelic, mostly visual and empathogenic. Except in combos, 2C-B really shines in combos, especially with LSD and/or ketamine/dissos.

2C-B and 2C-C are similarly potent, 2C-B may be a little more potent. 2C-I, 2C-E and 2C-P are very potent though, especially 2C-P. 2C-E is among the most profoundly powerful of all psychedelics I've tried, it's in a totally different league than the rest, except 2C-P seems to be in that same sort of realm, but cloudier.

Huh, generally in my reading (and experience), people don't regard 2C-B as strongly psychedelic, mostly visual and empathogenic. Except in combos, 2C-B really shines in combos, especially with LSD and/or ketamine/dissos.

2C-B and 2C-C are similarly potent, 2C-B may be a little more potent. 2C-I, 2C-E and 2C-P are very potent though, especially 2C-P. 2C-E is among the most profoundly powerful of all psychedelics I've tried, it's in a totally different league than the rest, except 2C-P seems to be in that same sort of realm, but cloudier.

Then my batch of 2c-c must be very impure, since 30mg of 2c-b plugged in would have been much more powerful. My 2c-b HCl have a purity of 81%.

DocLad

Well we all have differences in metabolism. Some people report needing much more, like 50-60mg of 2C-C. 30mg plugged should have been strong though, that's a big dose. For me, orally, I need about the same dose of 2C-B and 2C-C, maybe slightly more 2C-C.

It's similar to how some people need as much as 70mg of 2C-T-7 to fully trip, yet others can trip off of 15-20mg.

Ill be finally in a situation in a couple weeks where I will have enough alone time available for doc-how is it for creativity (writing,drawing,musical pursuits)?

It's great for creativity. My suggestion is to not sit around for the first stages though... every time I don't spend the beginning moving around and doing stuff I get a pretty intense restless bodyload. My favorite thing to do is go hiking or something for the first half and then for the second half, play music/etc. DOC produces a lot of energy. The second stage is also when I get the most inspiration.

Thanks Xorkoth-

Do you find it to have more control when out and about than LSD-especially during come up and peak? (I always find LSD manageable outside once the trip has plateaud. More because of the headspace)

Yes for sure, I feel quite on my game with DOC. At least at normal doses. It's very focusing, my favorite activity on it is "river hiking" which involves jumping between boulders and climbing over waterfalls up mountain rivers. Quite dangerous but I feel perfectly safe on 2 or even 3mg of DOC. I've also done it on LSD but I don't prefer it. On LSD I am much more scattered and at times unsure of myself, but not so with DOC.