• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Zubsolv (Buprenorphine)

Odin valknir

Greenlighter
So, I have read through a few threads that already exist here.. and have done some other research around the net.. but have not been able to find the answers to the questions I'm asking..

now.. I have mostly moved passed the whole wanting to get a "high" from drugs.. I dont even smoke bud anymore..

anyway... my insurance recently sent me a letter telling me that they would no longer be covering suboxone for me.. and they suggested that I be put on Zubsolv.. so my doctor complied and wrote a new script.. I understand that this drug is fairly new and that a lot of people dont or havent had much experience with it.. but from what I can understand it has a higher BA than sub.. thus can contain less bupe than sub.. sub has 8mg.. and zub has 5.7mg but is supposed to act like 8mg because of the higher BA...

I just really want to hear anyone's experience with this drug.. doesnt matter if it has to do with maintenance or partying lol..

one question I have ALWAYS wondered.. is there any real way to increase the BA of these drugs? there are times when I run low thanks to working out of town a lot.. and cannot get back to see my dr for a week or more after my script has run out.. and have to resort to planning ahead and buying them off the street.. or calling my dr from across the country and getting him to fax a new scipt to a nearby pharm for me.. anyway.. those are my questions.. have at it

I've heard great things about zubsolv. Many people are switching to it from suboxone. It dissolves much faster and tastes a lot better, with a mint flavoring.

As far as increasing BA, alcohol can be used to. Here is a thread on it. Alcoholic Solutions For Higher BA

Yea I know about the alcohol thing.. never tried it though... personally brushing my teeth like 10min before taking sub always seemed to have a good effect.. but people say zubsolv works kinda like that BC it has menthol in it too

I recently made the switch to zubsolv, and in my experiences I've come to love it; I think it's superior to suboxone for several reasons:
- it dissolves much faster
- tastes much better
- it can be broken down easier (a plus for me but not everyone because they don't care to snort... But I do!)
- unlike suboxone, I actually get a nice glow (semi buzz) from zubsolv. This is amplified if I snort it, especially in low doses (< ~2mg) so more norbupe gets through the BBB.

Just as you said, Orexo wasn't lying, 5.7 Zub = 8mg sub.

I recently made the switch to zubsolv, and in my experiences I've come to love it; I think it's superior to suboxone for several reasons:
- it dissolves much faster
- tastes much better
- it can be broken down easier (a plus for me but not everyone because they don't care to snort... But I do!)
- unlike suboxone, I actually get a nice glow (semi buzz) from zubsolv. This is amplified if I snort it, especially in low doses (< ~2mg) so more norbupe gets through the BBB.
Just as you said, Orexo wasn't lying, 5.7 Zub = 8mg sub.

I actually still get a bit of a buzz from subs.. even after nearly 2 years of taking them.. I still get a pretty decent buzz from them.. although my favorite part of it.. (which some think is strange) is the numbing effect my mouth gets shortly after having taken them... idk why I enjoy it so much.. (I was never big on uppers like cocaine that numbed your mouth) but yea... I still had a few subs left.. so I went ahead and finished them off today.. and I will start fresh with my morning dose of Zub tmrw.. hopefully I will enjoy it .. though eventually... I do hope and plan that I can come off of these things and be completely non-dependant on any kind of drugs.. being on hydrocodone and oxy for nearly 8 years.. and nearly 2 years on bupe.. I'm ready to be free and clear.. hopefully this stuff doesnt appear in drug test like suboxone? the job I work.. we can get randomly selected to have to take a UA.. and I didn't put down in my initial paperwork tha I was taking sub.. (most good jobs dont want people who even used to be addicts) so I didnt mention it.. mainly bc suboxone doesnt show up unless you have that special test stick.. Zub is the same way i hope?

one question I have ALWAYS wondered.. is there any real way to increase the BA of these drugs? there are times when I run low thanks to working out of town a lot.. and cannot get back to see my dr for a week or more after my script has run out.. and have to resort to planning ahead and buying them off the street.. or calling my dr from across the country and getting him to fax a new scipt to a nearby pharm for me.. anyway.. those are my questions.. have at it

You could probably do away with having to buy extras when you are going away since it's pretty easy to stretch out you current stash given you are at a dose above 2mg. Most people have no problem dropping to 4mg of suboxone (you can figure out the equivalent in zubsolv) so you should be fine taking less for a few weeks if needed and probably wouldn't even notice much of a difference other than maybe 2 days of feeling a little lethargic and maybe achy.

You could probably do away with having to buy extras when you are going away since it's pretty easy to stretch out you current stash given you are at a dose above 2mg. Most people have no problem dropping to 4mg of suboxone (you can figure out the equivalent in zubsolv) so you should be fine taking less for a few weeks if needed and probably wouldn't even notice much of a difference other than maybe 2 days of feeling a little lethargic and maybe achy.

haha I am achy anyway.. I was REALLY out of shape when I started my current job.. and still improving.. climbing stairs in units and scaffolds all day to install meters and conduit and run wiring gets tiring on the legs.. but I know what you mean.. at the moment I can go about 48hrs before I really start to feel any withdrawl like effects.. and if I take a 1/2 or even a 1/4 I am ok.. even if its just more of a placebo effect.. of course its still putting the drug back into my body.. but you know what I mean

haha I am achy anyway.. I was REALLY out of shape when I started my current job.. and still improving.. climbing stairs in units and scaffolds all day to install meters and conduit and run wiring gets tiring on the legs.. but I know what you mean.. at the moment I can go about 48hrs before I really start to feel any withdrawl like effects.. and if I take a 1/2 or even a 1/4 I am ok.. even if its just more of a placebo effect.. of course its still putting the drug back into my body.. but you know what I mean

Yea I was going to suggest waiting as long as you can to dose at first when you have to stretch it out because the longer you wait and the sicker you get the less you will need to feel better, and then after that you should be able to maintain at that lower dose.

Zubs are buprenorphine/naloxone just like subs, as far as standard UAs go, you're golden!

i have personally been prescribed zubsolv... and i loved it so much more than suboxone. It does dissolve a whole lot faster, the taste is menthol and is so much more bareable.

I had a really hard time with suboxone. for one it gave me intolerable headaches. and it was hard for me to get it in my system because the taste would make me throw up almost instantly sometimes.

i didnt get headaches with the zubsolv. IMO the zubsolv is the way to go. and you are right on the BA. 5.7 is about the same as 8 suboxone.

as far as making the BA higher im not sure on that.

some people think that the menthol flavor of zubsolv helps it absorb better because you can almost feel a tingling sensation when its dissolving, therefore helping the blood vessels open more..but im not sure how factual that is.

i have personally been prescribed zubsolv... and i loved it so much more than suboxone. It does dissolve a whole lot faster, the taste is menthol and is so much more bareable.

I had a really hard time with suboxone. for one it gave me intolerable headaches. and it was hard for me to get it in my system because the taste would make me throw up almost instantly sometimes.

i didnt get headaches with the zubsolv. IMO the zubsolv is the way to go. and you are right on the BA. 5.7 is about the same as 8 suboxone.

as far as making the BA higher im not sure on that.

some people think that the menthol flavor of zubsolv helps it absorb better because you can almost feel a tingling sensation when its dissolving, therefore helping the blood vessels open more..but im not sure how factual that is.

I always noticed that brushing my teeth a few minutes before dosing the sub would help with the taste.. also help it dissolve faster.. and seemed to help with the BA.. it could have all been in my mind.. but for the year or 2 i was on it.. it did seem to help... hopefully I will like the Zub.. I'm actually about to take my first dose of it.. I'll report back later and let y'all know what happens

thanks for the replies though guys!

i <3 the menthol tingle Zubs give off under the tongue, its like having a strong mint... quite pleasant.

yea I popped one under the tongue a little while ago.. and I just say.. the slight head buzz that I get from bupe is stronger on these than subs.. I would have to have taken 2 subs at once to get this level of buzz.. I think I will enjoy these.. but of course that makes it harder for me to get off of them.. my doctor wants to keep me on a maintenance.. but I want to break free.. I suppose I could always just taper myself and quit... but in the back of my mind.. I am fearful that I will fall back into taking opiates.. even though I have a good job and am trying to patch things up with my ex (baby momma) and piece my family back together.. I've been free of opiates for over 2 years.. aside from the sub and now zub.. but in that 2 years of not spending every dime and lying and stealing for the hydros and the oxys and H.. I have made HUGE strides.. and pieced most of my life back together.. now its just a matter of completing the change... thats the only problem I see with these bupe maintenance things... they just get you hooked onto a (semi more legal) drug.. and its not so badly looked down upon... I hope when the time comes, I wont have that worry in the back of my mind anymore.. I dont ever want to take that plunge again..

Told ya! I don't know why or how but zub hits harder for some reason... I'm not complaining, it's quite pleasant IMO.

Told ya! I don't know why or how but zub hits harder for some reason... I'm not complaining, it's quite pleasant IMO.

It does so because of the higher BA that it has compared to sub... even though the lower dosage is supposed to be equal to that of suboxone 5.7 > 8 and all the old tricks to raise that absorption work even better with this stuff

I've also been hearing all the hype over Zubsolv; it sounds perfect, and I wish I could get this instead of Suboxone. Really interesting about how it has increased affinity over Suboxone; I wonder how this is actually achieved?

I'm in the UK, and Suboxone is the dominant player over here, so I'm just hoping it eventually breaks into the market in a big way.

^^

I don't think it has an increased affinity rate, it's still the same as bupe would be in any formulation. It just dissolves faster causing it to be more efficient.

Either way, 5.7 works so much better than 8mg of bupe... Technically the same blood plasma levels are reached with zubs, but if that's the case, then why don't subs give me a buzz while zubs do? Doesn't make sense... Either way, Zubsolv all the way, it's far superior in my eyes.

Yeah, even to have a faster dissolving pill would be a huge advantage. The effects should kick in sooner, if you're sick and needing your dose. Generally, it takes around an hour, sometimes longer, for my subs to kick in.

yea I was surprised at how fast it dissolves.. it takes seconds instead of 5-10min... interesting you cannot get Zub in the UK.. suboxone is also the dominate opiate recovery drug here in the states.. took the place of methadone.. and Zubsolv was created in Sweden.. I guess y'alls version of the FDA (if you have one) hasn't decided it was useful yet.. Zubsolv has only been approved here since September of last year.. so far the only thing I don't like about it over Sub is the numbing effect my mouth got after taking the sub strip... lol I know its a trivial matter.. but I really enjoyed that little added effect.. plus I dont know if Zub works the same as Sub does in the sense that I would put my Sub under the tongue.. wait a couple mins for it to really start to dissolve.. and then "paint" the inside of my mouth with it.. and cover the roof of my mouth and cheeks etc.. give it a bigger area to absorb.. seemed to work better