• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Zubsolv (Buprenorphine)

I am on sub strips, and one thing I love about them is how easy it is to dose properly. If I want to take .25mg or 4mg its easy, I just cut it using scissors. How are zubsolv in terms of splitting them up?

So when is Zubutex coming out ? LOL. Insufflated bupe is the way to go ; that's why I hate the films. How is snorting Zub?
I swear snorting bupe must do something different to the molecular structure or something, I mean I regret to admit that I've IV'd all of the Sub forms and snorting it gives a better effect than that? My only guess would be that intranasal use doesn't allow much naloxone to be absorbed ??

So when is Zubutex coming out ? LOL. Insufflated bupe is the way to go ; that's why I hate the films. How is snorting Zub?
I swear snorting bupe must do something different to the molecular structure or something, I mean I regret to admit that I've IV'd all of the Sub forms and snorting it gives a better effect than that? My only guess would be that intranasal use doesn't allow much naloxone to be absorbed ??

Naloxone is absorbed extremely well intranasally, that's why you can revive people in OD with intranasal naloxone if you can't find a vein as you're waiting for the EMS to get on scene.

And what's stopping you from making a concentrated saline solution from the suboxone strips that you could then insufflate? I know plenty of people who do this effectively. Better than IVing it! That's for damn sure.

You can't easily measure doses of zub by cutting the pills, you're SOL on that one man, sorry. But if you can get around that (I don't mind being off ~1mg) when I cut mine then you'll be ok. They're easy to break just not perforated.

You can easily crush and snort zub, it breaks easier than Roxie's do. A little minty(ier) than klonopins are in the nose. Works great!

I was keen on switching to Zubsolv earlier, however it's not my decision here as in Poland Suboxone is given out similarly to how methadone is and it's all covered from public insurance. Anyway, I often cut Suboxone, I'm off clonazepam and since then I often get terribly nervous, boneache, and the list goes on... So if I take more on the day, I collect the pills, then I will take less on one of the following days. And if I don't have to take the whole dose, because I don't feel the need to, I'm saving it just in case. There was a time I got myself down to 2mg and I was dying for a week on tramadol.

I can't see it coming any time sooner than 2-3 years, but honestly speaking now I don't care. I'm still getting pills, they're lime flavoured (or whatever, it definitely doesn't taste bad, I actually so got used to it that sometimes when I take after a one day break, it tastes to me like cooked heroin used to smell ;)). I don't think the strips will ever be introduced here, seeing how much bad is said about them. I'm now on 4mg and once I stabilized again, I can be fine with less than this a day, so if I have to be switched to 2.8mg Zubsolv, whatever. I'd actually be glad if the pill dissolved faster, sometimes I feel stupid walking on the street with some spit under my tongue. Sometimes I take two halves of my dose throughout the day because of boneache, it's better as a painkiller then.

One thing I just hate about this stuff, no matter the form it would be in, is the tolerance it produces at the effective dose. It's just impossible for me to stay at a low dose and splitting 2mg in half throughout the day is a waste, so the lowest dose I can normally function on is 4mg. I can remember the equianalgesic dose of morphine was more than enough for me 3 months before getting on Suboxone, one month before quitting methadone. So as a matter of fact I increased my tolerance on the maintenance program (a tiny bit)*...

* Or not perhaps? If 4mg buprenorphine s.l. is ~120mg morphine i.v., then it's lower now. How I love lying to myself to praise M.8)

^ that's because agonists kick ass on partial agonists every day that ends in y.

Is zubsolv the same as suboxone in terms of dosing your doc AFTER dosing the zubsolv? I mean I assume it's the same bc it cocontains the same ingredients but I don't want to throw myself into pwds or worse if I take something after I've taken zubsolv.

Zubsolv is exactly the same as suboxone in all those regards. PW's occur if you have opiates in your system, and then take bupe, not the other way around.

Thanks, yeah I knew that I was just making sure that zub is the same way bc even though I haven't had them pwds scare the sshit outta me lol.. Hell regular wd's scare the shit outta me, iI can't wait till i get some eextra cash so I can get into a program and hopefully get zub or sub or something and get this Damn monkey off my back

^^

Yeah man I know the feeling. It's a huge relief and weight off your shoulders when you get into a program and can stop using.

Good luck. Keep trying.

Naive

It does so because of the higher BA that it has compared to sub... even though the lower dosage is supposed to be equal to that of suboxone 5.7 > 8 and all the old tricks to raise that absorption work even better with this stuff
I'm a bit naive. And new to the site. Meant to private message u but apparently don't know how. U said "all the old tricks to raise absorption ".. Assuming meant snort... Etc. But could u let me know what u meant and how do do so. Thanks. I just wanna raise the bioavaib. So I can spend as little as possible and also get that euphoric energetic feeling to last longer. Hopefully u get back to me soon!
If so I'll post back w results of each ROA I try w what mg. thanks so much

Yea I know about the alcohol thing.. never tried it though... personally brushing my teeth like 10min before taking sub always seemed to have a good effect.. but people say zubsolv works kinda like that BC it has menthol in it too

So are you still taking the zubsolv? I'm having a hard time deciding if I should make the switch. Suboxone headaches are driving me crazy!

Zubsolv sucks, been on film for years no issue bo relapse. Now on this crap soon to relapse. Sucks as u cant make small dose from pill eith bo cut marks, burns tounge.... Wow it goes away fast , who cares. I care about my health with it and films are way better , not in my head at all its how i feel. I was on sub pills and scared of films n hated switching yet they worked even tho i mentaly said they wont be as good... Makes me wonder are the makers of zubs on her selling it up as better cause im real and film are way better and zubs got me about to relapse...... Just got on so keep posted. Im about me being me for my family not caring about taste or how long it sits in mouth.

Well, I have no experince with it, I just have stuck with the Suboxone strips since I have been on it... I asked my doctor about it once and she had no problem writing it, but I just decided to stick with the strips..Doc is talking about tapering me after the holidays but if I can talk her into not to then I might get Zubsolv a shot since I've head good things about it.

Hi everybody, this is my first post.
I was recently compelled to switch from my 8mg suboxone strips to the 5.7mg zubsolve tablets, (thanks to my insurance company). I used to always do the ethanol (mouthwash) trick when I took my Subs (sub-lingual), and it worked quite well to bolster it's effect. But, I had a hell of a time transitioning on a one to one basis to the Zubsolve tabs. Orexos' claim that the two formulations are equivalent kinda rings hollow to me. I think the purported increased bio-availability for Zubsolve is only true for sub-optimal administrations, where you end up swallowing much of the dose before it absorbs properly?
The end result of all this, was that, I felt like crap until my doc bumped up my script, to right about where I was on the Subs (milligram wise). Which also means that the insurance co. that was trying to save money by switching the meds is ultimately paying more, since they are now buying roughly 25% more tablets! Whatever, they sure as hell taste a lot better.
Did anyone else have any issues like this?
Don't get me wrong, now that my dosage is stable, I'm quite happy with these zubsolve tabs.

I was on Suboxone for going on 5 years now paying cash for my co-pays and Suboxone flim 8mg/2mg sublingual film using the discount card (Thanks to the Zubsolv drug-maker Orexo's attempt to poach users with a higher discount card amount in 2015) With the "Affordable Care Act." It seems to not be very affordable considering my pay grade, but I went with UnitedHealthcare. I went to the pharmacy with my new card thinking all I would need was a PA to only pay the co-pay for the entire script. I checked the "covered drug" list on the UH website and 8mg Buprenorphine Sub was listed. I thought "awesome," now I will only have to pay the 40 bucks for 60 films. Not so fast...the pharmacist ran my card and come to find out, the only buprenorphine meds that are covered are Butrans patches and Zubsolv! Dammit! I went to the doctor yesterday and told him i would have to switch in order to get UH to pay for my meds. Although he has pamphlets in his office and discount cards all around, he stated that he doesn't really prescribe it. My Doc said he tried a "placebo" and "almost threw up" in front of the rep an had to spit it out he claims. LOL...NOW, I had to fill a small prescription to get me to the PA for my entire quantity. I WAS PISSED when I found out that the main sweetener in Zubsolv is ASPERTAME, which happens to be known to the state of CA to cause cancer in lab rats, being ONE of the ingredients! Also, I too get migraine headaches and that are exacerbated by the use of the Suboxone film in doses at/above 2mg at a time. Unfortunately, artificial sweeteners are one of my MAIN triggers for headaches for me. However, after filling the first (4) 5.7mg/1.4mg tablets of Zubsolv, I broke one in half, snorted half and let the other half dissolve under my tongue. So far so good! I'm pretty fucking buzzed right now like i snorted a subutex or something. Usually with Suboxone I would hit the "ceiling" as they call it, where you can't physically get any "higher" from bupe which is after about 8mg/2mg strip for me. So far, I don't have a headache yet and my eyes are pinholes and getting that burning sensation. NO itchy's and scratchy's like with a full opiod agonist but I was pleasantly surprised. The taste was FAR better than that of a Sub film. I don't know WTF placebo my DR took, but this pretty much tasted like a mint to me. NO weird chemical taste at all and hasn't plugged my nose up either! #WINNING My only concern is that I fall off the wagon with these and keep wanting to snort them to get that "high." I will use restraint in that matter but if I could make a choice to take one or the other, I would have to say Zubsolv at this point in time. That may change in the future but without insurance, they are both about the same price and cheaper ATM with the either discount cards than a Subutex or generic bupe/naloxone combo. I hope this info helps other ppl on opiod maintenance meds! If the BA (Bio-Availability) is greater, then that means less chemicals in my body and I'm all for it. I'm just pissed that UH didn't contract with Reckitt-Benckiser and I'm paying for some expensive ass health insurance for a 30 year old, otherwise healthy, male...I'm in Alabama by the way. In this state, there are billboards all over the city advertising "METHADONE TREATMENT" only $12/day, no INTAKE FEE! "Medicaid accepted!" So i have to fight my way through all the UH bullshit just to get decent meds while my tax dollars are paying for ppl on Medicaid to get 125mg/day+ of Methadone. The system is F'd! End of story!

I was recently switched to Zubsolv 8.6mg/2.1mg dose after being on 2 films a day. I never actually took 2 films/daily>usually just 2mg a day total and that keeps me away from paying my co-pays out-of-pocket. ANYWAY, I've been doing some experimenting with these tablets and noticed that using Listerine under my tongue for a couple of minutes or until it burns to the point I can't take it anymore, spitting out the Listerine and then placing the tablet or part of tablet under my tongue def helps kick it in a bit faster IMO. I also was getting splitting migraine headaches from the Sub 8mg films but have had NONE since switching to Zubsolv. I don't know why but I'm glad to finally have insurance paying for my drugs (UH won't pay for Suboxone or Subutex with my plan -ONLY ZUBSOLV). I don't however, believe the BA of Zubsolv is as high as OREXO claims. I initially was taking the 5.7mg tabs but a half was NOT equal to half a film at all. I'm glad my doc upped my dose but had to have it special ordered since there are no Pharms around here that carried that high of a dosage and the Pharm couldn't substitute bc the dosages are so whack that there is not an equivalent. Like with an 8 mg film, the Pharm could do 4 2mg films if they were out of the 8mg's. NOT the case with Zubsolv. SO make sure you can find a pharmacy that has it or can get it quickly (In my case it was overnight, thankfully) so you're not screwed when you get out of the doc's office. Zubsolv feels very much like Subutex IMO. They are both a very fine powder when broken down and can both be snorted effectively. The Menthol burns but not for long and I can still breath through my nose afterwards which is a plus. My point is, Zubsolv is much better as far as taste, time to take effect. They are hella expensive even with their discount card w/o insurance. I paid about $9/ea. until my PA went through and that's with the disc card. If you're thinking about switching, I would warn that it is much better but can be abused easier as well. So, if your goal is to get off opiates than stick to the 2mg film and start cutting down. They do have a small Zub dose but hard to portion out with a sublingual tablet since they crumble. If you wanna get faded then switch to Zubsolv. It's far superior in many ways.

I remember seeing a method to ingest very small levels of Bupe by absorbing it into water. I think Captain Heroin posted this method when he was tapering completely off Bupe but I searched all over BL and couldn't find anything.

Here's my story: I've tapered down to roughly 3mg a day of Suboxone and I got switched by my insurance company to Zubsolv. As many in this thread have said, one advantage of Subs is cutting them down to as small as .50mg films. About a year ago I got low as .50mg a day but then bounced back up.

Can someone tell me if this method might work to get daily intake of Zubsolv at 1mg (and potentially below):
-grind 5.7mg Zubsolv tablets in a coffee grinder
-dissolve the powder into 6mls of water
-drop one ML under my tongue

Would this be a safe way to ingest 1mg of Zubsolv? Is it that simple?

Sorry to bump this but really trying to get a sense on how to get lower doses of Zubsolv (see post above).

Thanks.