• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Zubsolv (Buprenorphine)

Instantly its dissolved to a liquid but if u mean taste and concentration wise yeah its still strong

^^

Awesome. Yeah If I were still on suboxone, I would definitely switch to Zub's too. I know a lot of people switching. The Swedes (Makers of Zubsolv is Orexo, a swedish pharm company) are gonna end up taking a big bite out of Reckitt Benckiser's profit share.

Zubsolv is literally better than Suboxone in every way. People are gonna keep switching.

Zubs are the better option hands down. and for those skeptics, yes the 5.7's work JUST AS WELL (if not better) as the 8mg strips. I switched and never looked back.

ii went on vivotrol wednesday and i got 18 strips i gotta take till next wednesday and im done. they get stuck on my teeth or they glob up when i try to put them back under the tongue. well i came in ready to get my shot script in hand and the lady at the front desk had no clue of zubsolv. but i asked the doctor and he said he would have wrote me 18 of them instead but i already filled the script but ive gotten bewtter with dosing them.

zubsolv is THAT SHIT tho. and also in regards to rubbing it around your mouth apparently it works. i told my doc there f i could dissolve a strip and in 2ml of water and out it under my tongue and he says i can pour in the concentrated sub water and swish it around and it will work just fine and it did but id rather just have the strip under my tongue.

See, I switched from Zubsolv to the generic Suboxone tablets. Mainly cause my insurance covers the generics, and doesn't cover Zub. & filling #30 of the Zubsolvs was almost $300 for me. I didn't really like the Zubsolv that much though, I'm happier being on the generic subs, and for some reason, I seem to make them last a LOT longer.

I'm on Suboxone 8mg/2mg sublingual and I've never liked them. Hate the taste, hate how if you get the slightest bit of moisture on them while loading they wont stick under your tongue properly, I hate how they sometimes give my tongue paper-cuts... and yes they've given me headaches. Not chronic headaches, but I know that my occasional headaches are coming from Suboxone for a fact.

With the Suboxone sublingual's I've noticed I get max absorption by brushing my teeth first, solid rinse with water, then swishing Listerine (mouthwash with alcohol in it) for a minute or two, spit out mouthwash, don't rinse, load Subs. Alcohol in your mouth mos def increases the bupe absorption.

I want to switch to Zubsolv so bad, but I'm wondering are they cheaper than Suboxone (from the pharmacy, I'm legal), or should I just go for the generics? Suboxone is just too damn expensive.

I have been on subs twice: once in 2010 for 5 months and once again in 2012 for 2 months and now I've been on methadone since late 2012, but that's all about to change. I've been decreasing my methadone and am either going to some fancy shmamcy rapid detox (they put you under anesthesia for a while and administer IV naloxone and naltrexone at the same time, then put you on a drip of Ativan after for recovery, and out the door you go on Vivitrol pills or shot after just 72 hrs...dream procedure but incredibly expensive) OR I'll be getting back on bupe maintenance. Methadone is costing me (between dosing, transportation, fuel, etc.) about $6k-7k annually. It's insane.

Now, once going to subs, I can get any amount of strips and my insurance will only make me pay $110 maximum. Basically anything over 10-15 strips costs the max and under ends up being expensive like 80 bucks or something for 11 strips. They have a once a month discount card you can use that's good for $50, so that gives me one script of subs per month at $60. Great... I used to get #120 of suboxone tablets for only 60 monthly, back in 2010.

Same insurance, but rates change, etc. Plus suboxone tabs are gone and films have added two new dosage strengths. Any way you cut it (30x12mg, 60x8mg, 90x4mg), subs will end up costing me $60 after discount, and that's assuming I get a SINGLE monthly script. My last sub doc had me on weekly scripts for a month, then twice a month, then finally monthly, so the discount card was only good for the first fill of the month. Not to mention, a prior authorization by my insurance to even fill the shit, literally ONLY this medicine.

I checked into zubsolv with my insurance and no prior auth is required, plus the max price is $75, no matter how many tabs. And zubsolv's $75 discount card online printoff is good for EVERY fill, so if I needed 5.7mg twice or thrice a day, it'll be entirely free. Every time.

Final Question: to those of you on Zub, did your doctor(s) take easily to writing the RX out for zubsolv instead of suboxone? The doc I'm going to (like most) is specifically listed as offering a "Suboxone Program" even though technically their license allows them to prescribe subutex, suboxone, generics of each of the latter, as WELL as Zubsolv, which my doc may not have heard of and will get scared and say no. When clearly it would save me $300+ monthly by being on that over subs.

Additionally: how do the generic sub tablets taste? My maximum copay on those is only $7 a month so I would be golden with those as well, considering they're not absolutely worthless like the suboxone SL tablets.

I'm on Suboxone 8mg/2mg sublingual and I've never liked them. Hate the taste, hate how if you get the slightest bit of moisture on them while loading they wont stick under your tongue properly, I hate how they sometimes give my tongue paper-cuts... and yes they've given me headaches. Not chronic headaches, but I know that my occasional headaches are coming from Suboxone for a fact.

With the Suboxone sublingual's I've noticed I get max absorption by brushing my teeth first, solid rinse with water, then swishing Listerine (mouthwash with alcohol in it) for a minute or two, spit out mouthwash, don't rinse, load Subs. Alcohol in your mouth mos def increases the bupe absorption.

I want to switch to Zubsolv so bad, but I'm wondering are they cheaper than Suboxone (from the pharmacy, I'm legal), or should I just go for the generics? Suboxone is just too damn expensive.

Everyone I talked to says that Zubsolv is much cheaper than suboxone. However, generic buprenorphine is way cheaper than both of them. Generics are always much cheaper than brand name meds.

Call your insurance company and ask how much it costs.

I am really interested in trying Zubs. How many different mg formulations do they come in?

I take btwn 2 and 4mg of suboxone daily. Has anyone here made the switch from that amount of subs to Zubsolv?

For those of you who have tried the suboxone strips, how does Zubsolv compare?

They come in 5.7mg/1.4mg which are equal to the 8mg suboxones and they also come in a 1.4mg/.36mg dose which are equal at a 2mg suboxone.

Everyone has said they are much better than the strips. They dissolve way way faster and taste much better.

Your doctor will prescribe you the 1.4s given your current dose. I made the switch, and never looked back. They're superior in every way

Thanks, guys. Seems like a no-brainer. I'll speak with my doctor at our next meeting about making the switch.

I honestly have not heard a single substantial complaint about them. I wonder if the tapering off of the drug differs as much as the user experience does. It may be too early to find answers to that question.

Two 5.7s a day. I skip a dose every now and then though... More so I can save extras as a stockpile.