• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only suggestion would be to start slow, working with a personal trainer that specializes in rehabilitation. Can be dangerous starting to work out after injuries if done incorrectly.

yes exactly, you need to consult with a trainer and slowly get into it until you build up.

My only suggestion would be to start slow, working with a personal trainer that specializes in rehabilitation. Can be dangerous starting to work out after injuries if done incorrectly.

Can't really do much ATM, the problem is getting worse mainly due to a worsening misalignment in my leg. The intention is to remove some metal work and break my tibia to try and correct the problem whilst assessing the state of my reconstructed knee.

The problem is now affecting my other leg and knee as well as my back. I'm hoping I'll get a date for the first op soon, although that one is just to remove some metal, not do any corrective work. I'm lucky that my job is mostly sat at a desk and that the damaged leg is the left so i can drive an automatic car.....I found some positives :D

^^ Hey well all the more power to you, handling the situation really well. Hope everything works out for you!

I slept like utter shit last night. Super exhausted, probably dehydrated and haven't eaten properly since the day before yesterday. I think I'm taking the day off from life. No exercise today.

I want to exercise today but its a blizzard out.. so shit no exercise for me today.:\

@ Case your going to need to address you dietary needs for your new regiment.. maybe the reason your skin is saggy is your not eating correctly.. have you considered getting off the subs at some point as then your appetite will return?

I have been eating properly for a while, it's just like the last 36 hours that it went down hill. Ate a decent meal earlier and I'll make something decent for dinner and try to get back on track with that, I just need a day. I've been pushing myself really hard for just over a week now without any days to rest.

Edit - I figured out the problem. I was so out of it from a lack of sleep when i got up today that I thought I took my meds but apparently I didn't.

Last edited:
Huhh forgetting to take your meds.. IDK but I think thats a good thing and it says to me that you are really addressing your addiction and in the near future all you may have left soon is the physical addiction=D

I decided to work out I have a stationary bike and am going to go hit it up and watch a movie :D

Meh. I know it's technically still something that needs addressing, but thats why you guys never see me say "x months clean", only x months sober.

But honest it's not something I'm addressing until MAYBE after I get a degree, and considering i need to do graduate school for a degree to be worth anything these days, that could be a while.

Taking the day off of running and yoga, but still gonna be doing random sets of pushups and sit-ups all day.

I took a break last night and watched a movie instead hehe I needed that break because my legs are getting worked up and they were a bit sore. I am not sure if I am going to do a full body workout but what I am sure is that I will be doing 40 min of cardio as usual and the 30 day beach body challenge which includes:

200 high knees
100 supermans

Hell yeah Maya keep it up! I took the day off yesterday as well and just did a bunch of pushups and some random ab work outs, but skipped yoga and running. Getting back to it today though!

The progress in my arms and abs is actually pretty phenomenal.. I'm aware that these speedy gains won't last forever and it will get way more difficult eventually, but for now I'm enjoying the hell out of noticing a difference every day!

^that's awesome! I think you have the gender advantage because the only thing that I see toning up so far are my legs lol

Yeah, probably the gender advantage as well as because after years of sitting around nodding out on dope and not eating for days at a time, my body atrophied pretty bad - And while I have 8 months sober now, I didn't actually start working out really until recently so It's basically just the initial muscle building back up. Once I'm in average shape again, It will take a lot more effort to make gains.

I'm stoked on it though, for like the first time ever I'm starting to see abs in my stomach, I've never had visible abs before haha! It's awesome. Before the drugs i was a video game addict and like 80 pounds over weight, so i never really gained muscle back then either. Honestly this is like the first time I've ever been focused on getting into shape, and I'm so glad that I'm finally doing it. I could really use the self esteem boost that this is starting to give me. I can't wait to take a picture in about 3 more weeks and compare it to the one I took 5-6 days ago.

About to go for a run + pushups & ab work outs, then off to get a haircut and maybe some yoga later this afternoon. :)

Nice nice! So I did some pushups today instead of the superman because I dont want to get my navel touched since I just re-pierced my navel and it will take more time to heal. So what I did today are: 40 min cardio 100 pushups, 200 high knees and 200 crunches. I cant wait to go again tomorrow so I can do full body workout.

Damn 100 pushups Maya you're way ahead of me!!! I do maybe 60 total spread out throughout the day, can only manage 15 at a time once or twice then ten at a time a few more times through the day. I haven't counted a total though I'll keep track tomorrow.

Skipped the yoga today cause I got back too late in the afternoon from getting a haircut, But I still went running this morning and hella pushups/abs stuff.

Ate way to much food today! >.< stomach is so full... I need sleep lol. I needed it though My appetite went to shit the last couple days from stress probably, but should be back to normal tomorrow after today.

Im going to work out this morning.. didnt make it yesterday as i wasnt feeling to good. I will report back after I run and rip it up :)

hehe case I think I did halfway pushups but it is still considered pushups right? lol

go go NSA work it work it dawg!

I'm going again tonight for a full body workout and hopefully I can power it through again just like last week. I wont be able to workout on Fri and Sat since my schedule is pretty tight so I am back Sunday after that.

Right on - Back to Yoga for me today, Gonna make some breakfast chill for a bit and then head to the studio, afterwards it's back home and running. Hope it goes well!

Leaving for the gym now.. im going to work the whole damn body out except for arms and abs.. gogogogogogo go...

Haha motivation FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!1!! Have a good work out NSA!! I got another hour to kill before I can head to Yoga and I'd rather do that first, before running - stretching out so well before hand is really nice I hardly get sore after running if I do yoga first! :)

Another good days workout. Yoga, went running, situps/pushups/crunches/bicycle crunches/side planks/plank and those reverse crunch type things where you lay on your back, put your legs up and lift your butt/legs into the air with your abs. Feeling pretty good about it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.