• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
^so in short you are rockin it like Maya is! Did an amazing workout today and sweat sooo much it feels soo gewd! I really want to encourage everyone to workout at least 3 times a week and I guarantee that you will feel amazing like we do!

Yup i feel alot better mentally since i started working out again. I don't feel as restless or as depressed plus looking good boosts the self esteem abit :)

^so in short you are rockin it like Maya is! Did an amazing workout today and sweat sooo much it feels soo gewd! I really want to encourage everyone to workout at least 3 times a week and I guarantee that you will feel amazing like we do!

Absolutely, I resisted almost my entire life, but the difference it has made is tremendous. I will never stop doing it, no part of me wants to. In fact today is my day off (I do 3 days on/1 day off, cardio every day though, currently upper body (including abs/lower back) on day 1, lower body day 2, upper body again day 3 - because my legs have always been pretty strong), and I wish I could go in and do some weight machines, but gotta stick to the plan so I don't overwork myself. :)

When you work out you look better, you feel better, and you can do everything better.

I can do 30-40 pushups now before I get tired and need to rest, which is huge for me because I've never been able to do more than 10 in a row before. :) It's so much fun to track your progress. I started almost 3 months ago at 75 pounds for the chest press (yes, that low), and now can do 120-125, 3 sets of 12 easier than I could do 75 at first. I started at 55 pounds for ab crunch and now can do 105. Started at 90 for lower back and now 130-140. Started at 80 for the inverted row and now can do 130. 25 for triceps, now 70 (both at once, not each). These numbers aren't super high or anything but they're great for me and they're going up. :) Also I'm up to 158 pounds, from 130 when I started, which is the most I've ever weighed. The first 15 pounds were body fat because I was rather emaciated, but since then it's muscle.

Absolutely, I resisted almost my entire life, but the difference it has made is tremendous. I will never stop doing it, no part of me wants to. In fact today is my day off (I do 3 days on/1 day off, cardio every day though, currently upper body (including abs/lower back) on day 1, lower body day 2, upper body again day 3 - because my legs have always been pretty strong), and I wish I could go in and do some weight machines, but gotta stick to the plan so I don't overwork myself. :)

When you work out you look better, you feel better, and you can do everything better.
We are in the same boat, I was never a big fan of working out, I used to just go home after work eat so much junk food and sleep a lot lol! I should have started workin our in my early twenties and probly have a more fot physique. Oh well it's never too late to improve and be better but small steps that is.

Hot yoga was amazing today, rocked the dancer's pose and eagle poses. The chair pose was tough but I was able to complete it. My favorite today were the warrior 2 poses cause it will toughen up your legs and balance ofc.

I was in great shape for a few years in my mid 20's after i quit drinking, smoking cigarettes and doing so many drugs. Unfortunately i put on alot of fat there for abit due to the fact that i was on amitriptyline. Or atleast i think that's what did it. so i had alot of muscle but still had that kinda puffy look because i couldn't loose any weight no matter how much i watched my diet or how much cardio and weight lifting i did. After i injured my shoulder real bad i didn't lift weights for a good year and i started smoking again and my health went to shit. The good thing is that now i don't have any weight to loose so i can get a far more defined look then i could before.

Today i did 3 10 rep sets of dumbbell curls and 3 sets of 10 reps doing dumbbell bench presses. Feels good mang :)

We are in the same boat, I was never a big fan of working out, I used to just go home after work eat so much junk food and sleep a lot lol! I should have started workin our in my early twenties and probly have a more fot physique. Oh well it's never too late to improve and be better but small steps that is.

Hot yoga was amazing today, rocked the dancer's pose and eagle poses. The chair pose was tough but I was able to complete it. My favorite today were the warrior 2 poses cause it will toughen up your legs and balance ofc.

Yeah, me too, I only started working out seriously at 31 (almost 3 months ago). I mean when I was 15 I was in cross country so I got in really good shape cardio-wise, but still no muscles really except in my legs (which to this day have always been my one strong and well-defined part). I wonder at how it would be today had I worked out my upper body when I was young/throughout my life. Well, it's okay, I'm very happy with my progress. I've got the body type and metabolism to where I get in shape quickly. I have a feeling that to gain an appreciable amount of muscle I will have to work hard though because I'm quite thin. Then again the difference in 3 months has been very great, so maybe I'll be surprised. :)

Upper body workout today, just got back from it. To my surprise, I was able to increase every station by at least 5 pounds since 2 days ago, and 2 days ago was my first time back after vacation where I did a lot of rowing and swimming and pushups, and I had increased by about 10 pounds in each one since before vacation. I did 20 minutes of intense elliptical for cardio, which keeps getting easier. And this evening I'm going frisbee golfing, which also involves miles of hiking in steep mountain terrain.

And probably around lunchtime I'm going to continue removing the kudzu from my yard, digging up roots, etc. I'm going to sleep well tonight, that's for sure. :)

Last edited:
Crushed it today.. swam for an hour and 45 minutes.. lifted back and shoulders.. Just at a very large healthy meal.. and I dont think it even hit the bottom of my stomach cause my body just inhaled it as it fell in.. I feal great and a little bushed.

^yeehaw! :D

Hot yoga tonight was fantastic! Killed all the moves and im in a better mood now.

Im kinda stiff and sore... going to stretch today and then go weed all the flower and tree beds.

Just danced for 4+ hours at a Phish show... wonderfully sore. :) Going hiking tomorrow too, I can't wait. :) I realize tonight that I've really gotten myself into good shape, my friends were all wiped out, and I'm still wide awake and I danced way more and way more intensely than any of them. I'm not even really tired from it, just a little sore.

gym day today gotta workout real hard cause of eating too much last night lol

haha nice ^

had a little bit too much to drink thurs night :D /and kind of had a slow day yesterday :| ugh..

Going to cut the grass in a few, I could really use the sun and and a little exercise.

^it's beautiful right now I wish I can walk by the beach but I have a baby shower to attend to lol

Im going to haul a whole bunch of tree limbs and branches down to river for a bond fire.. also found a flower bed that I missed that needs weeding. Going to stretch first.. then I think a long sex session tonight, hopefully anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.