• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

coluracetam

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
So, I've been taking ~20mg of coluracetam a day for the last few weeks. I'm completely intrigued by its effects. It seems to sharpen my vision significantly(a big deal for me as I'm near blind), and also is the only drug outside of ketamine, alcohol and other gabaergics that i've found to "turn off" my extra/anxiety driven thought loops and patterns. To a person with acute anxiety problems, this is kindof stupefying as I've never felt such effects without an accompanying sense of intoxication. Kindof the way phenylpiracetam feels sorta like coke or amphetamine but without any body push. I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this miraculous chemical, i think ill be ordering some more.

Very intriguing racetam indeed. How long have you been taking it? Any negative side effects so far?

Yeah, I've been on it for a few months now fairly regularly, usually 10-20mg several times a week.

Same effects you reported, no tolerance to speak of. Also increases short term memory and cognitive tempo a decent bit. The effects also persist at a lower level for some days after I stop taking it.

Have mostly been dosing with extra choline, but I haven't had any issues the times I haven't.

Hopefully more choline uptake enhancers will hit the market in the coming years! (Coluracetam is the first one, btw)

A slight bit of hypomania, I've been taking it for maybe 10 - 15 days in a row, i might cycle off over the next week just to see if there are any type of withdrawal effects, tolerance doesn't seem to be an issue, i've used it successfully with no choline supplementation, but i eat eggs on a pretty much daily basis.

ok, so i've been on it daily for perhaps 2, 2.5 weeks, anyhow, i've begun to notice.... I can only describe this as REVERSE tolerance, which i've certainly heard of in regards to kava and a few other substances, but never a racetam. I've dropped my dose from ~20mg to ~10mg QD, and now seem to have similar effects as i used to at 20, 20 seems a bit overstimulating and spacey, which was the original reason i dropped the dose. Kinda awesome, guess my coluracetam supply will go a lot farther now :)

I'm a bit worried by some reports on reddit etc. of people suffering from depression finding their depression worsened by taking this. Any BL:ers had any subjective effects like this?

Personally, I've had to tone it back. For the first month it had the aforementioned effects, but also my tolerance went down and i noticed more pronounced anxiogenic effects. Since then I've gone to taking it every few days at a dosage of ~7mg. I get excellent stimulant effects now. It's a weird one, I feel the net effects have been extremely beneficial to my brain, however I think it may be wise to cycle and certainly listen to your body. Mine said no more, so i listened and feel fine, i could see it causing anxiety and depression if i kept pushing it, however.

I have been on it for the better part of a year now, usually take on average three times a week or so.

I have nothing but the best to say about it. I've definitely had long term pro-cognitive changes while on it.

Mixing it 2:1 by weight with 4-Aco-DMT (usually 20mg/10mg respectively) produces subjectively excellent lateral thinking skills.

"Simon Kestral surfing, stoned, off Papara beach, Tahiti. When he had an idea that revolutionizes microchip technology. At the age 60 years, he's the 12th richest man in the world and a total recluse..."

I'm surprised that people are getting such strong effects from this one. I was taking it daily for maybe a month and although the effects were significant at the start the substance was basically inert for me at the end. Initially it did have a mentally stimulating edge along with what might be described as a slight hypomania. I've swapped out couleracetam with sunifiram and honestly I don't notice that much difference. PRL-8-53 seems to be the most consistently noticible for me. Maybe I'm just looking too hard for psychoactive effects but I find it very difficult to evaluate differences in my cognitive abilities or mental state without them. In terms of work/studying everything seems to be going pretty well but there's no super obvious difference when I skip the nootropics.

i am still enjoying the coluracetam, as a person with very poor eyes, my favorite effect now is the enhanced vision. Fasoracetam is my new favorite

i have been thinking and researching about trying some of this nootropic "Coluracetam." Does anyone else take it and if so how does it make you feel/why do you take it?

Thanks

^Slightly stimulating but works wonders as a mood enhancer. Good for depression/anxiety imo compared to noopept which worked as a nootropic but made my anxiety worse.

I was wondering if anyone has ever vaped a small amount(<3mgs). Would be quite nice to take a couple quick puffs while working on a project.

I know this is an old threat but I am intrigued by the vision effects you mention, OP. Are you still taking Coluracetam regularly? If not, why not? And if so, have you noticed any change in the effects over the past few years?

Any chance you've had any kind of objective visual tests done by an optician or ophthalmologist while under the influence of Coluracetam? ie, acuity, visual field, that sort of thing...

I use Coluracetam intermittently amongst a few other nootropics and while I remember noticing some mild mood-brightening effects for a while, honestly like all the 'racetams and most other nootropics I've tried (except Phenylpiracetam) it seems like these effects faded to the point that I am not confident I could distinguish them from placebo.

I notice "colour brightening" is something that a lot of people report from taking racetams, and, again, some of the other more subtle nootropics, but I have always been a little skeptical of this even having experienced it myself because it is just such a vague and quite possible placebo-genic effect. On the other hand Coluracetam I know unlike the rest is supposed to have some kind of protective effects on the visual system in certain types of optic nerve injury, if I remember correctly, as it's been a while since I looked into it... so would be very interested to hear of any objective data, especially from someone with an actual, diagnosable visual impairment.

Something else that used to put me off about Coluracetam even while I felt it was working was the very short duration - OP, do you notice that the visual effects fade after 3-4 hours, like the bulk of the effects do for many people? Or is this effect something more persistent?

interested since the OP switched from coluracetam to fasoracetam. whats are the updates and how are the differences??

I have used both on and off. It seems to me that the racetams are useful in short runs, and then seem to... plateau as far as potential is concerned. I also stopped doing any sort of dissociatives, so I notice less from them. But yah, positive overall, would do again if I was feeling cognitively impaired. They do seem to have some mild physical discomfort symptoms - feeling hot, transient headache etc. 8/10, will do again ;)

feeling hot is a side effect? i guess that can fix the feeling of being cold from opiates eh

yeah - but not necessarily a good way, like the upswing of opiate wd hot and cold. sweaty, clammy etc.

I think I might, after reading more about it, have to try this one. Is coluracetam one of the more scarcely to be seen 'racetams? or is it now in what you might call the racetam 'mainstream' in terms of not having to search under thousands of rocks before finding one shady piece'o'shite that makes claims that they might have something they might possibly think is coluracetam?

Because IIRC isn't this the first known hCHAT activity enhancer?