• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Congrats for your detox. That's a beautiful feeling when you can feel you soul singing.
Good luck!

Hi. I'm going to try Heroin once (no, really, I am...just once).
I'm going to snort it.
How much in grams will I need to snort?

I'm going to snort it.

You don't need to snrt grams, but milligrams.
If you have 100% pure stuff 10mg should be more than you need. So go from there and titrate yourself up.
And don't forget that there's heroin cut with fentanyl going around. Fentanyl is far more potent and a few milligrams will most likely kill you

Obviously not. The fact that you are on here asking questions about if you should try a drug means you are in need of severe help already. You should have high enough moral standards for yourself to know that trying it can harm your body forever. Heroin can kill you, even if you only do it once.

It will kill you eventually. While it doesn't happen you'll have the worst days of your life. It's dangerous, trick and it can kill you in your first time. The worst of all imo is that you will never ever forget the feelings that will probably destroy everything all around you. Nothing good comes from heroin.

There's a lot of great things in life you could do to have fun. If you want to do drugs, choose one that won't be so problematic.

I really hope that is the case :\

Do you have any prior experience with opiates/opioids, are you familiar with their effects?

Hi, yep, I'm trying it once and never again. I've got great self control. One and it's gone forever, never to be revisited
I just want to tick it off my curious list. That's what I live for, not drugs

Hi, yep, I'm trying it once and never again. I've got great self control. One and it's gone forever, never to be revisited
I just want to tick it off my curious list. That's what I live for, not drugs

I really do understand that mindset. Some of us crave novelty more than others (especially for those predisposed to a creative mindset), but I really don't think this substance is worth checking off your bucket list -- at least, maybe not until you're a senior citizen and don't have several decades left on the horizon.

I'm one of those people who tick drugs off, and I did this with heroin. I didn't seek it out; my wife and I had two friends (also a husband and wife) who did heroin, so the connection fell into our lap. We're both opiate/opioid users, and the opportunity was ample for us to try it -- just once, we said, or maybe even once in awhile, just like we do with meth. We're able to maintain an inconsistent relationship with meth (once or twice a year, if that, we'll buy a small bag and have fun with it), and the idea was to do the same thing with heroin.

Here's the thing: unless you IV (which we've never done), the actual high is no more impressive than, say, oxycodone, and even far less impressive than oxymorphone. However, the dangerous thing about it is its availability; pharmaceutical opioids aren't as consistently easy to get, unless you have a prescription or know someone with one, and even then there's no guarantee that the prescription will always be there or that the person w/ it will always want to sell them away.

Heroin, though, is a marketable commodity, and is always available if you know which streets to walk down and what type of characters to ask. If you know someone or know someone who knows someone, it's even easier to justify. It's been two years for my wife and me, but that's only because our friends with the connect left the state (both of which were addicted to h and had a baby that other people are taking care of now). However, my wife especially thinks about it, and I wonder how often we'd have used it if they were still around. We joke that if we ever committed suicide we would overdose ourselves with h -- except, it's not really a joke as both of us are prone to suicidal ideations, her moreso than me. She's made plans in her head when things have gotten bad to overdose herself, and that's really really fucking scary to me.

Beyond all that, it is compulsory; even if you don't IV and only sniff or smoke it, it's still an instant high (esp. with smoking). Snorting is a little harder to gauge your dosage, and it takes some minutes to hit, but the same principle almost applies.

Honestly, if you have a drug bucket list, psychedelics offer a much much more novel experience -- the full spectrum of emotions; spiritual experiences; ideas and mindspaces you never realized were possible; etc etc etc. Whereas opiates/opioids are comparatively boring (I say this as someone who is habituated to this class of drugs); they induce a chemical serenity that gets noticeably less and less satisfying over time; they make you nod (and can possibly give you visuals in this headspace, tho they don't compare to psychedelics -- as well as give you vivid dreams, but then again, so does Benadryl and melatonin); they screw up your digestive process; can alternately make it easy/pleasurable to socialize, or make you irritable as hell; as well as some other basic shit I'm not mentioning. Heroin does these things, and maybe even moreso depending on your ROA, but crossing into IV land is reputedly like not just opening Pandora's Box, but yanking her out and assfucking her until there's nothing good or worthwhile left of her.

My phone's dying and I have more to say on the subject, but this thread more than speaks for itself. Lots of people have been where you are -- "just gonna try it once" or "I tried it and I do it now but I'm never gonna IV it" or "I use the needle but not every day" -- and they look back on the time before they tried it as a lost opportunity. Really think about it before you want to be one of the people making those kinds of posts on here; their lessons are valuable.

Let us know how you make out. I stuck out my arm to IV it (only once) when I was 17. The high was great and became elusive. I was trying to block out the fact that I hadn't scored sexually (yet) while all my mates were getting laid. I hated me father's drinking. After mandated drug treatment, I "discovered" IV cocaine. At 26, I robbed a hospital for drugs and got 9 years. I continued to get high but was only chasing it. It was euphoric recall. Now, I am 64 and am on methadone maintenance. Served about 11 years. Would I try it again if I had the chance? Hell no!!!!!!!! :\ (Hate to say it but you are already hooked.)

I'm going to snort it.
This is almost a moot question. Not only do you have no way of knowing what the purity is, so much heroin is cut with Fentanyl or one of its analogs that measuring a "safe" dose would be virtually impossible, especially for a novice user. All that aside is the fact that it's addictive in ways you can't appreciate until you're deep in its grip. Hell, Fentanyl laced dope kills veteran users! As of Halloween, I'll have one year clean from H. But it took 18 years for me to reach that point. For almost 2 decades, the needle ? owned me. And way back in the beginning, I told myself I could handle it if I just set the right limits. Trust me, even if it doesn't physically kill you, you'll die inside. ?

Well, I've ordered some from a reputable vendor. It's 200mg. I've been advised to split it all into 10mg bumps and start off with a 5mg bump up the nose, then wait for about 30 minutes. See how I feel. Leave it another 15-30, then bump 10. Leave another 30 mins. See how I feel. Leave it at that. Then maybe bump a little higher the next day.
All I want to do is get a taster, a brief taster of how it feels. I know it won't be as intense as IV, but I most certainly aren't going there.
I'll let you know how I get on. I promise though, I won't be touching it again, ever, once I've 'felt' it to the intensity that I believe is sufficient.
Thanks for your good advice.

I started out socially using H, now I am a full blown addict ... sad to say.

I was also anti needle my whole life, until I tried the needle the 1st time, then it was over for me. The rush, the taste, the feeling was better than any emotion or physical feeling I'd ever had in my life. Here's the kicker, though ... that rush and euphoria fades quickly, then you're left with the guilty feelings, lint in your pockets from being broke, puncture wounds on your body, and sickness when you can't get your next fix.

Fortunately, I've maintained my job, home, relationships, but I don't have shit to show for my hard earned money...except for empty needle boxes, track marks on my body, and a shell of who I used to be mentally and physically.

It's not the drug that's ruining my life, it's my inability to socially use without the addiction phase. Does that make sense?!! We are all DIFFERENT mentally and physically. What one may enjoy may harm another. Which ROA one uses may be addictive or non addictive to another. What doseage one enjoys may kill another.

If anyone is hell bent on trying heroin just once, be cautious and prepared. Chances are you wont get hooked 1st time but the experience would be like the greatest fuck you can never forget.

Well, I've ordered some from a reputable vendor. It's 200mg. I've been advised to split it all into 10mg bumps and start off with a 5mg bump up the nose, then wait for about 30 minutes. See how I feel. Leave it another 15-30, then bump 10. Leave another 30 mins. See how I feel. Leave it at that. Then maybe bump a little higher the next day.
All I want to do is get a taster, a brief taster of how it feels. I know it won't be as intense as IV, but I most certainly aren't going there.
I'll let you know how I get on. I promise though, I won't be touching it again, ever, once I've 'felt' it to the intensity that I believe is sufficient.
Thanks for your good advice.

This is where 1st time and experienced users mess up...redosing.

Chances are once the initial rush is over, you wont feel anything else, so it'll be a waste of your stuff. And with an inexperienced user redosing can be dangerous, as it can all hit you at once, causing OD.

Since it's a HR website, Id say a small pen head sized bump would be sufficient, Wait to see if you get a drain, ot even feel it for that matter. If its bunk dope you will know in about 2-3 minutes. Make sure you have a sober sitter you trust to call 911 if things go crazy. Don't mix alcohol or benzos.

It can be alot of fun.But you much be carefull . swim started with a half point the first few times and works his way up. now smashing up tot 2 points at a time of fairly good quality pebz(which is chunky brown or white)

This is where 1st time and experienced users mess up...redosing.

Chances are once the initial rush is over, you wont feel anything else, so it'll be a waste of your stuff. And with an inexperienced user redosing can be dangerous, as it can all hit you at once, causing OD.

Since it's a HR website, Id say a small pen head sized bump would be sufficient, Wait to see if you get a drain, ot even feel it for that matter. If its bunk dope you will know in about 2-3 minutes. Make sure you have a sober sitter you trust to call 911 if things go crazy. Don't mix alcohol or benzos.

^ For sure. Too bad you've already ordered and chances are that you are going to use it anyway.
Keep in mind that people die all the time with the most common doses.
A match head is usually what a naïve user should start with IMO.

I will NEVER try heroin. Never.

My brother is an IV Heroin addict. He's a mere shadow of the loving person I remember. I don't even know if he's alive.

^ For sure. Too bad you've already ordered and chances are that you are going to use it anyway.
Keep in mind that people die all the time with the most common doses.
A match head is usually what a naïve user should start with IMO.

Match head/Pen head, yeah, that's the amounts. I wish non addicts/users would listen....dont use!
I went from few times a yr to using daily to snorting ROA to IVing daily.

That would be my wish as well! :(
There's a dark and predictable end for those who try and think this would be just an experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. It's horrible when you know what's going to happen next but there's very little you can do to prevent that. If someone has come as far as posting here to see whether they should try or not, I trust that is a sign they are reluctant themselves. A hope that they can look further and see this is a dead end, so to speak.