• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Not interested in ever trying H, just curious.
If a person was allergic to morphine, they would be allergic to H since it's metabolized into morphine?
It's weird bc dilaudid is synthetic morphine yet I'm not allergic to it. Codeine partially metabolizes into morphine as well I believe, and I'm not allergic to codeine. Just morphine. Hmmm.

That is weird youre not alergic to them because they do metabolize into morph. Hm, strange.

If you can take codeine you're not allergic to morphine. You may have some odd sensitivity to it, but you aren't allergic. What's it cause in you? Itchiness? heh.

I started with a hydrocodone prescription, and loved it. Erowid opened a world for me that I had never known. Heroin was unknown around here at that time, and even getting weed was hard. However, poppy pods were available and cheap back then, and I ordered thousands of them over a year and a half. I then got on methadone for an injury I had, told the doc I had been using illegally acquired painkillers because of the pain. Over time got propoxyphene, codeine, even fentanyl patches. Enjoyed it all immensely, but didn't realize the path I was heading on. Decided I wanted off methadone but couldn't do it, so I got on subs, back when no one really knew about them, I guess I was part of the first wave of sub users in the state, now I can probably think of a dozen people with scripts for it who I just met through random interaction, not at a meeting or anything. I don't know that many diabetics.

I used heroin a couple times back when I was on methadone, but didn't really enjoy it, probably because I was taking 80mg a day and I only tried 50mg at a try.

More recently, wanting an occasional alternative to subs, I'd get three or four 30 roxi's and use them on a day off. That was between 75 and 120 bucks to get high one day. With heroin 100mg will maybe get me high twice, if it's good, and I'll spend barely anything on it by comparison. For an occasional 'fun day' when I don't have to work, it's a good deal. For a daily thing? Bad idea. Dope is going to lead you to terrible places, places where pills would have, but now cash won't hold you back, and you can ruin yourself in horrible ways.

I am Hammilton, and I am an addict. I always thought my intelligence made me somehow less susceptible to addiction. I'm an idiot. Subs are saving my life, when I let them. Unfortunately I sometimes abuse them, too. Figures. I've always gotten high on subs, from my first dose to my last, I'll always feel decent from them. That encourages me to take more than I should. Only drug I've ever not really abused was kratom, and since it has no blocking effect, the compulsion to abuse better opioids a was too strong, and I ended up using more pills on kratom than anything.

This isn't a road you want to go down if you haven't. Heroin isn't glamorous, it's just a cheaper alternative.

Everyone remember heroin is smarter than you all ! it gets you addicted without knowing it ! I first tryed it to have some fun ..it did work okay then I was doing it once a week then twice a week saying " I trust myself I wont get addicted to that shit " oh well guess what !! I woke up in the middle of the night with crazy withdrawals I wont even wish for my enemy...hopefully I lived it since I was only snorting I overcame it but even after 2 weeks I still feel lazy,tired, bad mood..it just sucks dont ever try that!!!I can't imagine people IV'ing it omg the withdrawal must be HELL first class !! and no It's really a bad idea to trust yourself and say I'll try it once it's not like any other drug I've tried and I tried everything....and when you do H you can't drink alcohol ! which sucks

You're lucky ganja. It sounds like you didn't develop a mental addiction. That's the real kicker. You keep going back to it time after time even though you know its destroying your life.

Can someone describe the rush people get with the IV dope shot ? then describe where chasing that rush has brought you in your life. example the rush is such and such whatever it is to you! by chasing this rush i lost my friends ,family, job. Lost best friends by over dose ECT ! another crazy thing i have herd is as soon as one junky hears about someone over dosing all they want to do is try that dope because it must be super strong. why would someone play with fire like that? that's why i prefer oxy because i know what im getting, i know what i can handle. with H you never know what ur going to get it could be 100mg of active H or 500mg its like playing Russian rulet with a needle. and if you just stop for a week you will be in all kinds of detox pain, with your nerves super sensitive but you will be alive. then again 11 people die every day in florida from OD on oxy! opiate addiction is really crazy. I find myself talking about oxy 30mg IR as a best friend and best girl friend ever! it never lets me down when oxy is around. the euphoria is better then sex is better then love. i know it disables my progress in life but i dont care i just want to feel well or better yet high! i only get 10/325 now and how i miss that A 215 , the V, the M, oooo how i reminisce my love for A 215 :) ill get her again oooo yes ill get her again!

Hell no..I've done it. Its great and will take you down to whatever your bottom is faster than anything I know of.. I'm new on here but not to the drug game.

If I knew then what I know now and was in your position I would never start down that road. I've done it. Like I posted, I won't deny its great but to me its the drug that will take you to your bottom faster and harder than anything else. That shit will take over your life..

A week? Once hooked 12 hours without it and you will be crawling up the walls. Its great but the effect on your life is no way worth it.

? exactly. I've been there. To me its impossible to set any limit after your hooked. When your hooked on heroine it becomes priority #1 and all morality and intentions go right out the window. Don't do it.

@ Hammilton, no, I had huge Welty hives all over my torso. This was the first and last time I was given morphine, after a surgery.

Wish I had seen this thread a year or so ago when I first picked up H. I've done the addiction cycle separately with oxy, morphine (multiple times), and hydromorphone and none of them were fun but I was always able to quit and eventually forget about them. Heroin is different. At about 5 months clean now I still get cravings so much worse than I ever had before from an opioid. Shit is no joke kids, don't play with it.

Zooty, what about the H was different, was the high better or was it the ritual?
I'm suspecting it was the ritual of it. I used to smoke and while quitting was super easy, still 17 yrs later (!!) I STILL miss and think about the process of lighting up every day. Not the actual smoking. Just the ritual of it.

Definitely the ritual, the high wasn't all that much different than morphine other than it hit me much faster but there's just something about the whole process that I yearn for so much. It's the same with poppy tea for me, the whole grinding the pods and letting them steep while sitting there knowing in 20-30 minutes "I'm gonna be high" was a better high than the opiates sometimes lol. Guess you lose some of that when it's a pill. I know what you mean with smoking too, I'm at the point where I hate cigarettes but after a meal or while driving if I don't smoke I start to drive myself crazy.

Has anybody ever used an opiate for an extended period of time and then if they stopped they didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms. Meaning, they were able to effectively stay within the limit where no matter how long they used it, there would be no withdrawal.

Has anybody ever used an opiate for an extended period of time and then if they stopped they didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms. Meaning, they were able to effectively stay within the limit where no matter how long they used it, there would be no withdrawal.
I have Done this for years. However within the last year or so many people tell me i developed a mental addiction. people think mental addiction is just like a bad habit, but severe cravings all day long will take a tole on your psyche and most cave in to the pressure to use.

Wow, interesting. Tell us your dosing information. Opiates are just so well known for prodcuing physical dependence; a dosing protocol that doesn't produce physical dependence simply needs to be made public.

I just never used more than 2 days in a row and never more than three times In a week. But often i would only use around once a month.

Oh, that's cool, but what I actually had in mind was daily use and not going into withdrawal territory. I'm sure it's perfectly doable, I mean, what's the typical lowest dose of someone who's physically addicted to oxycodone? A hundred milligrams a day? There's obviously plenty of room for "free" use, it's just that most people want to up their dose. But technically you could use opiates like weed (e.g. hitting the bowl several times a day) and never incur withdrawal, it's just a matter of sticking to those lower doses. And I'm sure you could even get away with going in for one mind blowing dose a day and as long as you never did more than one in a day, you could just wake up one day and not take any opiates and be perfectly fine.