• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Try, H for the first time? Only if I knew the purity and dosage and could consume it orally to an known equivalent dosage of one percocet. No mixing, No dirty needles, No IV.

When a pill can be reliably manufactured to a standard, such that it's purity and dosage can be trusted, let me know. At that time there will be a whole new market open to millions of people willing to try, consume and pay for it.

I tried it for the first time last night with my boyfriend who has been a heroin addict for around five years now, on and off. I have to say it wasn't very impressive. Nausea was the most prevalent feeling during the 10 hour "high" that I experienced, along with clouded thinking and terrible balance. This is coming from an alcoholic that has been in recovery for two years. (I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference). I sniffed a bag, waited five minutes and sniffed another. Entirely too much for a first time user if you ask me. I still feel like shit 18 hours later. Mostly puking and depression. I know enough about the drug that if I continued I would get addicted quite quickly. Based on this solo experience, I wouldn't risk trying it again. Feeling worse, before feeling "better" was never really appealing to me. Not worth it in my opinion. I'm a 31 year old female btw.

What's the lesson here? unknown DOSAGE......more is not better.....tried to keep up with the old man. 1/2 or less his, would have been nice for you.

Last edited:
Try, H for the first time? Only if I knew the purity and dosage and could consume it orally to an known equivalent dosage of one percocet. No mixing, No dirty needles, No IV.

When a pill can be reliably manufactured to a standard, such that it's purity and dosage can be trusted, let me know. At that time there will be a whole new market open to millions of people willing to try, consume and pay for it.

I'm pretty sure oral heroin is just morphine, so a pill form would be pretty pointless. It may have higher bioavailability than morphine, I'm not sure, but aside from that there would be no difference.

I like the point that running D is very different than other ROAs. It becomes the most common ROA associated w D because the addiction rate is so high thanks to withdrawals and the priority shift associated w regular opiate/opioid use.

I'm a heroin addict in recovery, and everything in the original post is true.

If you're thinking about it, and you still have a choice you can make, stay away from it. Or all other opiates, prescribed, or illicit, for that matter. I've been clean coming on to 4 years now, and i still feel like i lost a loved one i will never ever be with again. It gets easier to manage, but you're never whole again.

What lead to my first time using heroin? Curiosity. I'm just going to try this once. LMAO. Right. Ended up shooting dope and pissing several years of my youth down the drain, and now i'm always behind. Wherever my peers are at, i am several years behind. It sucks.

If you can still make a conscious decision about it, don't do it. Stay clear. You want to explore drugs and seek some form of novelty, use the safer and well established psychedelics like LSD, DMT, Mushrooms, Cannabis and MDMA. These drugs actually have something to offer.

I never thought i would lump drugs into good and bad categories, but after my addiction i am convinced that most psychedelics are "good drugs", while all opiates and stimulants are "bad drugs". All my years with opiates have lead to nothing but resent and regret, and a pain i can never ever fully stop again. I learned a lot about my addiction during therapy with MDMA and LSD however, i figured out what was wrong with me that lead to me using and becoming addicted to opiates in the first place. Opiates offer no insight, no revelations, no introspective. They just make you numb and carefree.

I can with good conscience advocate the use of the "good drugs" (Psychedelics mostly), and wholeheartedly denounce all value in recreational usage of "bad drugs" (mostly opiates and stimulants). People don't seem to understand though when you try and explain that some drugs are intrinsically good and have a lot to offer, while others are intrinsically bad and have very little to offer.

Stay away from heroin. Don't do it. Maybe if you're dying of cancer and have a few weeks to live and don't want to spend it in pain, go ahead. But it's going to fuck you up.

I would never try heroin. I have a codeine addiction and going through the ins and outs of that has been enough for me. The sheer torture of heroin addiction seems hellish...

I thank whoever everyday I don't have a source for stronger opiates.

The answer id give to the threads question to people is absolutely hell the fuck no.

^^^

If you think H is going to make you more creative or productive, you're kidding yourself. It does the exact opposite.

It does for a short time, I mean it doesn't "MAKE" you more creative or productive, but it can definitely energize you and make you feel better and more motivated to work, in my case work on music and write songs and produce. For a short time, I used dope (insufflated) and had a noticeable increase in productivity while making music. I also built a website from scratch, just totally focused on all of these things. Almost like adderall. The trick is not to do too much to the point where you are nodding, which makes you useless. It all depends on your tolerance obviously, but if you do the right amount, not too much, you can get a huge mood lift and increase in motivation and focus. I've been in rehab one time mainly for DXM but I was also dabbling in dope and I have heard many people say the same thing about the energizing, motivating effects of lower doses of dope.

However, I would stay as far the fuck away from dope as possible no matter what and find healthier ways to make you feel more motivated and creative. Dope will ruin your life. I've seen it all around me. The heroin problem in NY and NJ where I've lived is just insane, dope is easier to get than weed now. People are dying, ending up in the ICU (I have) losing jobs, going to jail, it just does nothing good in the grand scheme of things.

giphy.gif

Just stick with whatever you're doing now, there's so many fuckin drugs out there dude, it's crazy; most of them won't automatically send you down the path that opiates and opioids will, while still being fun as hell. Try some X.

I have always wanted to do Heroin, but the fact that its illegal has stopped me. I have a job that requires a clean criminal record and as such I was just too afraid to go and buy some, just in case I got seen by a police officer. That, and where I live, the drugs are overpriced and crap quality. If anyone knows where I mean: my closest area to find drugs is Camden in North London.

However, recently I've been contemplating it more and more. My reasoning is because I want to reawaken my creativity. I used to write...a LOT. Since I was like 7 years old I had an amazing imagination. However, as I went though the schooling system, my curiosity became aimed at the sciences, and as a result I feel like I've list the creative edge I once had. I try to write now, but nothing comes out. My thoughts are really not the same anymore, and I'm stuck in a world of order and routine.

Do I still want to try heroin? Yes. Will I actually be trying heroin? Unlikely. The post by one member kace (?) yesterday about what happened to her after trying heroin, was horrifying to read. I also read another bluelighter write out in steps how one eventually becomes a junkie, saying that's the inevitable end to trying it. That was powerful.

As most people here said, H is for dope fiends, and if not, it'll make you one. Just stick with whatever you're doing now, there's so many fuckin' drugs out there dude, it's crazy; And most of them won't automatically send you down the path that opiates and opioids will, while still being fun as hell. Fuck around with some Ex, even try lean, that shit will get you high off your ass.

I would never try heroin. I have a codeine addiction and going through the ins and outs of that has been enough for me. The sheer torture of heroin addiction seems hellish...

The answer id give to the threads question to people is absolutely hell the fuck no.

It's a torture for sure.
Being addicted to strong drugs is like having a shitty tattoo you can't get rid of.
Some people, including family and friends are constantly labeling us no matter if you sober or how much you have changed.
And all the lost time, the health conditions that seems to be stuck with you.
I can't stress enough how bad of a choice this could be.

I'm pretty sure oral heroin is just morphine, so a pill form would be pretty pointless. It may have higher bioavailability than morphine, I'm not sure, but aside from that there would be no difference.

Do a wikipedia search for both Morphine and Heroin. The molecules are different. M and H are different animals.

Besides, those that want to crush and process to something injectable can start with a known dosage...assuming they are comfortable with the purity.

Last edited:
Do a wikipedia search for both Morphine and Heroin. The molecules are different. M and H are different animals.

Yes, but when taken orally, heroin is metabolized into morphine before it takes effect. According to Wikipedia, "Heroin is entirely converted to morphine by means of first-pass metabolism". However, "The maximum plasma concentration of morphine following oral administration of heroin was around twice as much as that of oral morphine." So basically, if you eat heroin, you're eating morphine--just more of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#Oral

I've heard something similar. Somehow heroin may become morphine or feel pretty much like it after the initial rush.
Will get more info on that.

I know the wikipedia article states that but it has no reference to it. I'm not so sure ALL of it gets converted to morphine . If the liver enzymes were really able to convert all of it, they should have no problem converting an entire dose of methylphenidate to ritalinic acid (I could be wrong though as the esterase enzymes involved in these processes are most likely different). We know this is not true because about 30% of methylphenidate stays as it is after first pass metabolism . So yeah, definitely a big chunk of the oral dose will be converted into morphine. Heroin and morphine are certainly similar but especially when taken orally I don't think there will be as much of a difference between the 2 compared to if the 2 were IV administered. The structural modification in heroin mainly makes it get into the brain faster; it isn't that important in binding to the opioid receptors.

It seems like the test for heroin shows morphine as I was told. So some part of heroin must be constituted by morphine.
That's what I've read here in BL in one of our threads.