• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

I have known a number of heroin and cocaine addicts myself and it was very, very sad to see them descend into addiction.

One of them was a very pretty young woman who unfortunately suffered from psychosis and turned to heroin as a form of self-medication. Sadly, she descended deeply into her addiction and had to drop out of school.

Another one was a guy who I knew a little bit who didn't have his fix and flew into an absolute rage. He ran around going up to random people asking for smack. Ultimately, he couldn't find any and went completely insane for several weeks just shouting out like a maniac and wrecking things.

Then, I worked with a guy who got addicted to heroin. He ultimately was arrested for stealing to feed his habit and ultimately became chronically suicidal and began cutting himself and ripping flesh off of his arms like he was possessed or something.

Then, this other guy I knew got addicted to cocaine and crack. He would stay up all night sometimes snorting cocaine and smoking massive bowls of crack. If he did not get cocaine, he would become very agitated as a result. As a result of cocaine, he failed all his classes in school and made very, very foolish decisions like drinking entire bottles of liquor and wandering around in the woods at night in the middle of winter and even decided to do mushrooms in this state on a random crack-induced impulse while trudging through a snowy forest cracked out of his mind.

There were also a number of people who I knew on a very casual basis who had their lives ruined by cocaine and heroin

Last edited:
Trying heroin for the first time, especially IV, is a terrible idea, and that's a fact. On the other hand, in my younger days I did it about 6 to 7 times without ODing or getting addicted. I even did a speedball (heroin plus cocaine) shot once--it was disappointing by the way.

The real danger in mainlining heroin for the first time is liking it too much.

That makes it sound almost innocent! There are several dangers - addiction being the chronic one and OD and death the acute danger - you could be at a roulette wheel betting on your life.

Trying heroin for the first time, especially IV, is a terrible idea, and that's a fact. On the other hand, in my younger days I did it about 6 to 7 times without ODing or getting addicted. I even did a speedball (heroin plus cocaine) shot once--it was disappointing by the way.

Yo if you're speedball was disappointing you did something wrong. Speedballs are the most euphoric overwhelming rush I've ever experienced from anything in my life

Yo if you're speedball was disappointing you did something wrong. Speedballs are the most euphoric overwhelming rush I've ever experienced from anything in my life

2nded (short of crazy fucking meth-loaded MDMA tabs I had one time... and if you did nitrous at that time... WOW, it might win, throw in heroin and you'd have a combo us human rats would keep pushing this button instead of the food lever!)

He's right though- addiction is the real danger, not overdose or anything else. Overdoses are relatively rare, however, addiction is exceedingly common. I don't hang out with drug users generally, but I know at least a dozen junkies. Five are on subs now, the rest are not.

Easy access to prescription painkillers as teens has really damaged my generation. I'm not blaming the drugs, exactly, more the doctors. We were given large amounts of powerful narcotics as teens without even beginning to understand the risks of using them recreationally.

I remember thinking nonsense like 'it's okay to use vicodin as long as I only do it twice a week's or 'you can't become addicted if you don't do it every day'

Lost a good friend to heroin/xanax OD back in July. She kept piggybacking xanax to come down off of crap H and when she didn't show up to pick up her kids the following morning after a BbQ/party, her cousin and I found her dead. I am still traumatized by finding her.

Personally, I don't do H anymore. Between 1993-1996, China White was in my area, and it was so good. However, as years have passed, it's so stepped on now, I am scared of it. We've had several deaths reported a few towns over due to fent/H mixture.

I have to tell you no!! I am 10 days into withdrawal from a 16/th of an ounce a day habit. DON'T DO IT!!!any effects apart from stopping you getting horrible wd symptoms soon disappear and you are a bitch to that brown powder. I swear. Don't.

just moved back to memphis from northern california this past june....from the end of august till last tuesday I relapsed hard .Not to mention I been on subs for the past 5 years (which imo sub use should be used for a rapid/quick taper instead of long term use) but i will go five days on dope and then take my sub to prevent horrible wds even though the only thing in my mind is scoring....i used this past monday and have been on subs since...this has been the longest i have gone without junk since i been back-it really fucked my head up this time,even the bupe is not helping as much as i thought it would-each time i relapse it gets harder and harder-I am thinking about using my last 6 sub strips to detox for good ,including subs, dont know if that is gonna work but its worth a shot. All the pain I have been going through from the heroin wds might make the sub wds less intense-i hope/i dont know?? But Different drugs affect Different people in Different ways.Plus I only relapsed one time while living out west-I am just ready to get off all of this shit

just moved back to memphis from northern california this past june....from the end of august till last tuesday I relapsed hard .Not to mention I been on subs for the past 5 years (which imo sub use should be used for a rapid/quick taper instead of long term use) but i will go five days on dope and then take my sub to prevent horrible wds even though the only thing in my mind is scoring....i used this past monday and have been on subs since...this has been the longest i have gone without junk since i been back-it really fucked my head up this time,even the bupe is not helping as much as i thought it would-each time i relapse it gets harder and harder-I am thinking about using my last 6 sub strips to detox for good ,including subs, dont know if that is gonna work but its worth a shot. All the pain I have been going through from the heroin wds might make the sub wds less intense-i hope/i dont know?? But Different drugs affect Different people in Different ways.Plus I only relapsed one time while living out west-I am just ready to get off all of this shit

Ah, Memphis, my first rehab experience at LaPaloma. Nice place but two blocks over is a major relapse/death wish waiting to happen.

This is my first week on Subs, it has truly been a life saver. I never knew how bad things were until I learned about opiod-induced hyper algesia

In my experience, the h will make you care even less about the writing and more about just getting high again. Comes from personal experience.

Since 2006...

I'm still not convinced. But I am open to it -- the idea that it's like a credit card debt and that it's there no matter what, no matter how low the balance is. But so far we only have one report of someone using low doses on a consistent basis: Oh ROXIanne!'s post on the previous page. 20mg a day for several months, and he/she incurred withdrawal. Is anybody else aware of someone taking a similar dose for an extended period of time?

I do know someone who has used similar drugs for a very long period of time. She's currently using 150mcg of Fentanyl (change every 48 hrs) , Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) 4mg 3 x day, Klonopin 3 x Day, Cymbalta 60mg a day, Zofran 4mg as needed for nausea, and last but not least, Gabapatin 3x a day. Thxs for reading
:)

I do know someone who has used similar drugs for a very long period of time. She's currently using 150mcg of Fentanyl (change every 48 hrs) , Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) 4mg 3 x day, Klonopin 3 x Day, Cymbalta 60mg a day, Zofran 4mg as needed for nausea, and last but not least, Gabapatin 3x a day. Thxs for reading
:)

That's way higher dose than what the quote was talking about, nor did you talk about whether or not it induced withdrawal (even though I'd say its save to assume it did)

NO swims been addicted for years swims getting very skinny and sick but just can't stop! Stay away from heroin

I read through the first and 2nd pages of this thread, and basically this is a "don't do heroin" thread.

I won't argue against that advice - that's probably great advice for 99% of people - yet I honestly feel I have been the exception. I've used heroin sporadically for over 6 years and have never become dependent on it. I usually go weeks between uses, I rarely use on consecutive days, and I've never been on a long multi-day binge. I don't feel I'm particularly strong-willed, I get obsessively interested in new hobbies very easily. I've just honestly never felt any signs of heroin addiction.

I also use many other hard drugs in moderation, and many of my friends have kept a fairly responsible pattern of use for much longer than I have, around 15 years in 1 couple's case. I have a good career though, and lead an otherwise healthy and balanced life outside of occasionally getting really fucking high. I think that's what has kept both my use and even desire to use moderate.

Again, I won't suggest people to all start using heroin; I fully recognize its dangers and I know I'm walking an extremely fine line. However I definitely believe that responsible long-term use is possible.

I just smoked a bag of H for the first time and felt absolutely no effect. I know the H was good quality because serious addicts have praised the quality up a good bit. The stuff going about is so good that the police have informed the dealers to weaken it due to a few too many overdoses. However I'm quite disappointed to say the least because I thought it was going to be good . I'm used to dihydrocodiene and take 300mg most days but surely that can't put my drug tolerance up that high that H don't work lol .

I just smoked a bag of H for the first time and felt absolutely no effect. I know the H was good quality because serious addicts have praised the quality up a good bit. The stuff going about is so good that the police have informed the dealers to weaken it due to a few too many overdoses. However I'm quite disappointed to say the least because I thought it was going to be good . I'm used to dihydrocodiene and take 300mg most days but surely that can't put my drug tolerance up that high that H don't work lol .
Are you sure you're not trying to smoke #4 heroin and just burning it and wasting it all?