• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Bro, this is a very, very bad idea. No, a horrible idea. No, words can't even describe how horrific of an idea this is.

Let me put it this way, he has anxiety issues that are so bad he needs medication to live. So, he already legally uses and relies on medication which means he is already in clear acknowledgement that drugs can be used to cure things (some people are scared of drugs or have morals on how much to use etc). Now, put this together with what heroin will do to him in comparison to his already prescribed drugs. It will cure his anxiety, it will make him feel more alive than he ever has in his life. It will show him a euphoria he never thought possible. A feeling of peace, that everything is ok in the world. Everything is perfect. Now, do you ever see him stopping once he feels this? Really?

I tell you what, if he uses heroin, I swear to god I would bet my entire life savings and my house to boot that he will become an addict for the rest of his life 100%...no 90%, not 99%-----100% addict for life. He will become a slave to it, and even if 20 or 30 years later he manages to stop, he will still crave for it and think about it, relapse and all the rest. Addict once = for life. He will ruin his life and all that he believes about himself and who he is. He will lose his morality, possessions, job (this is if he doesn't die from an OD obviously) for what? For the euphoria? For the amazing relief that heroin will provide that will downright dwarf what his anti-depressants and benzos do? YES. Absolutely, YES. WATCH IT.

If he mixes the lorazepam with it at a similar time to when he uses, he can, no, at a high enough dose, HE WILL STOP BREATHING...

If he wants to IV straight off he bat, he doesn't know what he is talking about. IV is for people that get high tolerances and end up using too much thus cost of the shit goes too high, so they start to IV to get catch the dragon again and use less. If he snorts a proper dose, he will see the power of the drug that will knock him to the moon and will see that there is no point in IVing as that feeling can not get much stronger unless you KO or die (as he is opiate virgin>?). He would realize that IV would need such a small dose, that OD is right around that corner if it just goes a little too much than needed. THIS IS A BADDD, BADD, BADD, fucking idea. DO NOT DO IT, PLEASE.

Don't.Do.It

Fuck, can't believe what I just read.

how about just saying "no, sorry man, but i dont want to be that guy who helped you get addicted to heroin"

It's your moral duty to refuse to help this guy get or use heroin in any way. If he wants to ruin his life, make him do it on his own.

I do agree with what the others say about IV being a bad idea. Way too risky. Especially since he is on a benzo. But it sounds like he is very determined to try it. How about having him try a couple Norco's or something instead? Or if it has to be H, then jus give him a little bump(snort a line). I agree that it is highly possible for him to get addicted just from one time, but not guaranteed. Iv given oxy to some friends that had either very little or no opiate experience and some of them just throw up and don't like it very much. But usually that is not the case. I think most people end up liking the pure euphoria of opiates from the start so much that after that its all over and just keep going till they just can't stop. It really just depends on the person though. Either way he really should not start with IV H or H at all for that matter. Opiate addiction is a horrible thing, do you want that on your conscience?

Dude, this guy will be a guaranteed addict. He already has anxiety issues and takes medication as a cure. Once he feels the utter peace and amazing euphoria of heroin, it will never leave him alone again.

OP, do not help him. Let him do it on his own if he can, all the while telling him the downsides. If he is really not that desperate (maybe trying to show you he is in a false pretense so you give it to him), and does not have street smarts, he may give up if he has no help from someone. Don't be that person that helps him fucking get this shit.

Hi there,
Yeh i totally agree with most of everything said here. Injecting is a HUGELY BAD IDEA if he has never tried it before specially as he likes his lorazepam. He more than likely will either become addicted to it or he will die from due to mainly one reason. This reason is Purity ! There can be as much as a 40% difference or more in purity or strength of street heroin. Although a 0.05 or 50mg -0.10 (100mg) of a gram of street heroin would normally be fine for an unexperienced user as average purity tends to be low quality between 15-30%.

This means a average dose of 20-30mg per 0.10 of a gram. Half a 0.1g would usually be fine for an unexperienced user but ocasionally heroin in the region of 40-70% pure is found on the streets, If he gets stuff this strong this is real overdose material for naive users. WHICH IS WHY A FIRST TIME USER SHOULD ALWAYS SMOKE IT INSTEAD OF INJECTING TO GAUGE ITS STRENGTH. Remember you can always take more if need be but if you do too much you cannot take that extra bit back without naloxone immediately to hand. I recently came across some very strong heroin that looked like little lumpy bits of brown hash or small lumps of brown granules that wasnt very water soluble it required extra vit c or citric acid than normal. It tasted like heaven on the foil and smoking even made hardcore injectors goof out. I did a 0.1g when i normally do 0.2-0.3gram per dose via IM use and found myself sat on sofa with my head in between my legs dribbling on the floor and thinking what the fucks happened, and i have a VERY HIGH TOLERANCE to oral morphine and durogesic patches as well as a heroin dependancy to boot.

Anyway's my point being if hes a valued friend of yours stick with him in case he goes over, addicts would just carry him outside and do nothing in case they get charged by police for murder if he dies. If possible try and get some naloxone in case the worst happens. 1-2mg of naloxone can save a life

Believe me if that heroin is fairly pure 35-55% or higher (its quite rare for this kinda purity at street level but it does come along sometimes) you mates gonna go over and die if he tries any more than half a 0.1.

Peace stay safe

Last edited:
Bad idea, if he has anxiety issues he'll have just that much more of a chance of getting addicted. Plus do you want to be the person who introduced him to dope?

haha this thread title reminds me of family guy when stewie pronounces everything wrong like rueen instead of ruin etc.

IV should not be the first ROA. depending where you are, this may not be possible, but I suggest if you are going to help him at all(which is a bad idea generally, but if he will do it without you anyhow, might as well be safe), smoking it being the way he tries it. If he is new to opiates in general and has a low tolerance and you can get good quality dope, smoking it is perfect. Some high quality tar, you only need about 20-50mg of smoking it to have the person nodding if they are new to it. I am basing this on the fact that my buddy who was a heavy addict for years, now has been on subs for like a year, he bought a dime bag of tar, and had not even smoked half a point and he was passing out. Made me do a double take, as I would take 400mg of that directly into my bloodstream and not be as fucked up(though 500mg would probably get me there, I refuse to put more than 400mg into 1 shot mainly that it would get too thick and I want to make sure I dont clog the rig).

mmm heroin. my final downfall into a decent of madness and utter despair. as oxycontin no longer worked for me i thought that heroin would. perhaps it was the best thing that happened in my life, as it made me go to rehab, but then again i can see how people would spiral into a deep and dark decent of which there would be no turning back. having smoked heroin before, i knew the intense nod's it would give and the so called euphoria - but injecting has always been known to be the best. i had to try it.

i remember buying a gram of actually very good stuff, filling up a barrel, putting it to my arm.... i'll never forget the feeling i experienced when i pushed the needle into my arm. it was my final act of desperation to get a hit of the drug i once loved so much. but something stopped me. i don't know what. i was prepped and ready to go. the barrel was so loaded full of this heroin i'm sure it would've killed me. but in this moment of madness something stopped me. i couldn't even register the vein, i pulled it out, panicked and squired it all into my mouth.

something or someone was looking out for me that day. just swallowing the amount i'd put in made me nod for a fair amount of time (i know heroin is transformed into morphine when taken orally, however, it was actually quite pure and i'd put most of the gram into the shot).

opiates are a dark and slippery road. it starts out with you in control, taking them orally - codeine in my case. but it descends into madness quicker than you can say shit.

I don't know, I don't regret trying heroin. In many ways, it hurt my life, and it really has the potential to make you a non-human. Some shell of a living creature.

Having said that, it made me question things to a whole new level and realize that lines and rules are really, really blurry. It made me a better person in that regard.

It's risky to mess with. But if I could go back, I still would've tried it. And this is coming from someone who has done heroin (and other opiates but mostly H) well over 1,000 times.

I tried heroin just once. Snorted. It was a great experience for me and Cant say I regret it.

Unfortunately I did break my back and both my legs and have an unlimited supply of oxy which hasn't gone so well for me.

I don't abuse it but I will double my dose if bored or angry. Right now I do about 50-60mg in a 24 hour period.

I tried heroin just once. Snorted. It was a great experience for me and Cant say I regret it.

Unfortunately I did break my back and both my legs and have an unlimited supply of oxy which hasn't gone so well for me.

I don't abuse it but I will double my dose if bored or angry. Right now I do about 50-60mg in a 24 hour period.

Read the bold. You said you don't abuse it and then go on to describe abuse of the drug. I'm not preaching, just wanted to point out the obvious.

I've thought about using this shit. But I know for a fact I will get addicted and overdose. I have little self control. I keep trying to tell myself that'll happen if I try smack. Thank you for this thread, it honestly helped me realize that it's pointless and you will fuck yourself over in the end regardless of what you tell yourself. I'll stick to my basic pharms/weed etc.

Take it from someone whose been there, its a terrible idea. I grew up in a somewhat normal household and after trying dope once, I was hooked. My 10 year opiate addiction took me everywhere from multiple rehab stints, multiple times being locked up, living on the streets of skid row in a box, overdoses, seeing others die in front of me from OD, catching hep C, going through the treatment for my hep C, getting on methadone, trying to get off methadone, relapsing on dope, and finally ending in a 4 year suboxone habit. I just recently quit my 4 year suboxone habit with the help of ibogaine, and still feel pretty shitty from PAWS. All I can say is the things I did and the places I went and the things I went through because of my heroin addiction is something that I still dont think I will ever understand. Bad idea.

I am glad to see this thread here on bluelight. Although I have never used heroin and sure don't plan on it, I think this is a great way to discourage people from starting it. Even if you have a strong willpower to avoid addiction, heroin will still probably get you hooked as will crack, meth, and all those other drugs that create serious addictions can completely ruin your entire life

You can't deter anybody from trying heroin if they're going to. Seems like that's just beating a dead horse.

Id just like to compliment you on your beautiful post here. Most people begin heroin after a pill addiction (Opiate). As has been already said in previous comments. I for one began after i got my first taste of hydrocodone. After this I slowly escalated, next thing i knew i couldn't start my day without tearing open a bag. I feel this post will help open the eyes of many people debating on the big question, as well as current users in fact. Great post=D

I haven't read through the thread(actually, haven't even been on BL for quite a while), but to answer the main question, NO. As much as I love it, I hate it just as much. Anyone that is considering it, please don't. I hate to be a hypocrite, but I wish I had never started.