• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Who knows withdrawal kills cells? In fact it probably increases cellular expression of opioid receptors, but those are bound to cells, and not cells themselves.

I wish there was a pill you could give a non tolerant, completely naive person that would emulate opioid withdrawal for five years ago, before they started talking opioids, it would cut down on addiction; maybe not iatrogenic dependency.

Yeah I've heard dope addicts pull out the old William Burroughs going on and off dope keeps you young and healthy. ha just cuz withdrawal kills a shitload of cells doesn't mean it's a good thing. Anyways, I advise against anyone trying heroin.......buts I'm probably gonna try it here shortly.........yeah I know I should probably take my own advice but when you're an addictive personality logic doesn't always apply. I love opiates but the furthest I've ever gone was oxy. I've got a friend who cops bags from the city all the time and he keeps offering me.......I always said I would never do it but the curiousity is killin me(I know I spelled that wrong). Plus I love the feeling of all opiates I've ever had(codeine, hydrocodone,morphine,oxycodone) but the funny thing is I've never been physically addicted to an opiate. Only kratom, benzos, and alcohol at various times.(and never that bad on the physical but psychological can be a bitch) anyways I'm 24 live an hour from the Chi and managed to never touch the stuff.....but like I said I think I'm gonna cop some bags off this guy. I mean come on I used to huff Freon when I was 16. I'm talkin hundreds of times and It's been stated that it is easier to die off of that then heroin.(Not sure exactly how true that is but it all depends on the circumstances. Anyways IF I do try the shit, I'm gonna insufflate it and start with a tiny dose to see how it goes.....better safe than sorry. Then again, I got kids and shit and alcohol is addicting enough for me. Maybe I should leave the shit alone. But then again like I said addictive minds will convince yourself to do a lot of stupid shit. Anyways sorry for the long rambling post. peace.

You have children and you're now going to try heroin..?

Plus I love the feeling of all opiates I've ever had(codeine, hydrocodone,morphine,oxycodone) but the funny thing is I've never been physically addicted to an opiate. Only kratom, benzos, and alcohol at various times.(and never that bad on the physical but psychological can be a bitch)

Man, he's gonna be up shits creek without a paddle - real soon.

At least I can say all my bullshit was BEFORE KIDS. My husband and both did together. IF I did it now 1. He would leave me. 2. He wouldn't have to cuz I would take a gun to my head first. I hated myself for even being on subs with kids, but I knew I had to be on them for a long while to change. I am totally off that crap now. When I read the whole Phillip Seymour Hoffman thing, I totally didn't get it. I mean, it is HARD but but the love for my kids is so much stronger. Don't do it man.

Yeah I mean, I would really like to think that If I wasn't already an addict, that if I had kids.. I would not make the decision to start using heroin. I mean come, on. How selfish can you be, really? You have children that depend on you, and at least if you'd already been addicted for years before they came into the picture, it's semi excusable (although still horrible), but to be an able minded adult, having never done it before.. to choose to start using heroin despite having kids.. it's fucked up.

Yeah I mean, I would really like to think that If I wasn't already an addict, that if I had kids.. I would not make the decision to start using heroin. I mean come, on. How selfish can you be, really? You have children that depend on you, and at least if you'd already been addicted for years before they came into the picture, it's semi excusable (although still horrible), but to be an able minded adult, having never done it before.. to choose to start using heroin despite having kids.. it's fucked up.

That is what bugged me so much about the Hoffman thing. He moved out on his wife and kids, it appeared like he did all this to start a drug life again. They were young too. And to shoot a load of dope like he did, all alone-guys like him usually have handlers. I tend to wonder if he wasn't a wee bit depressed and maybe did it almost on purpose?? And people carrying on so sad so sad for him...I was just kinda pissed

Addiction is a insidious bastard. It makes things which are important seem less so, and vice cerca.

With all due respect, I didn't say I was gonna start banging dope every day and say fuck the world. Then again, you're probably right, I have way too much addictive tendency. It's probably better to not awaken any more demons. Maybe I'll just get some pills.

How bout you just chip like twice a month on opioids, pharms are a better idea if you must. Then never having more than one dose in your possession and take care of your kids. Any more (increasing use), flush them and forget it.

Yeah yall are right. Fuck that shit I don't even know what I was thinkin about. I got too much shit to take care of to be fuckin with that bullshit.

With all due respect, I didn't say I was gonna start banging dope every day and say fuck the world. Then again, you're probably right, I have way too much addictive tendency. It's probably better to not awaken any more demons. Maybe I'll just get some pills.
I really liked hydrocodone aka Vicodin. I wish I would never have got back on with the dope because I liked the buzz from the pills better. Now I would have to take so many my liver would explode from the Tylenol and I would throw up from the ammount of pills I would have to take. My advice is stick with pills every now and then and leave the dope alone. After all it really isn't much different then oxy if you are just insuflliating it and not banging it.

Yeah yall are right. Fuck that shit I don't even know what I was thinkin about. I got too much shit to take care of to be fuckin with that bullshit.

Best decision you ever made.

Beware, Heroin is a Siren beckoning you with sweet music.

She sings sweet songs, but in the end you wreck your ship on the rocks, and will be all like "WTF?!"*

Or Charybdis will suck you up.

Then there is Scylla.... but that's another story.

*wtf=why am I now dependant on this. fuck

^ right on.

On a separate note, I think I've changed my mind... I think the only people who need to try heroin are people who have for some reason decided they are experts regarding other people's using without ever having taken the plunge. A heroin free mind should be a reward for people who can mind their own business. (i have been gathering a lot of grapevine information about my drug use recently (mostly false) and am a little bitter)

I would never even advise someone to start chipping. One weird event can turn that sour fast- say like inheriting $100,000 all of a sudden

I would never even advise someone to start chipping. One weird event can turn that sour fast- say like inheriting $100,000 all of a sudden

I wasn't really advising him to chip on drugs.

But if the choice was Him doing dope Vs sticking with pharms and chipping. The better choice is neither.

say like inheriting $100,000 all of a sudden

Huh?

Yeah I already do opioids a few times a month but nowadays it's mostly maeng da kratom. Think I'll stick with that and my buds. I've been addicted as hell to kratom and it still wasn't that hard to quit, First night is bad. I can't sleep for like a week though that's the worst thing. Barely any sleep but weed helps with that. I would never want a full blown habit that's why I'm choosing not to even fuck with dope. Even though it'
s tempting. Maybe when I'm an old man like seventy I can get all strung out on legal opiates form docs or something lol. If you make it that far it
's like fuck it right?? lol jk.

I mostly agree with you, technically, however, who knows what goes on inside someone´s life. Attitudes, family, the f. pressure all the time. I´ve been here for my kids until they grew up. They were educated, I was more present as a father when was on meds than otherwise. You never know.
My wife used to tell me "oh, you are so sweet these days.." I was calm because of the medication, meth and Xanax. Of course I was present and sweet. How can you not be?

Heroin is nice.Heroin is an extremely good high.

Is it worth to risk to destroy your whole life,dignity,self esteem, respect and all your ethics for it?
I don't think so.It's simple.

having just done my first methadone detox after getting my first real heroin addiction last year i can tell u from experience getting hooked is the easiest part but once your life has fallen apart at the age of 28, and u want to stop the detox from methadone is living hell!! it takes a month of nearly constant rattling, getting up at all hours of the night wide awake, thats if u are lucky enough to get any sleep between the constant joint pain, stomach cramps and full body shivers, then it takes god knows how long for the cravings to stop and a sleep pattern to return! getting a habit is easy getting rid is hell!! so my advice is the obvious answer......dont bother!!