• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

It isn't for everyone but if it's for you, you'll be fucked and you never know. My friend just said it was a good painkiller and only ever did it once, said it made him sleepy. It stimulates me mentally, sharpens my mind and relaxes me physically. It's not like you are guaranteed to get addicted if you try it, and I hear a lot of preaching from addicts. It's not just because they got hooked, it's about explaining that this is not the only risk of trying heroin. And it is because of the enormous amount of suffering this drug causes, if one person decides not to try it and that saves their destiny from hell on earth then this thread is totally worth it.

You can also drop dead from the very first hit. You will have no idea how much to take, it could be a key bump or a coke sized line that would overdose you. You would almost definitely feel pretty strong 10mg of good stuff, snorted. And the addiction is so horrible that it is simply foolish to risk it. Because every single heroin addiction begins with somebody curious about trying it for whatever reason. I see that most people visiting here have already made up their minds - it can take years to catch up with you, and once you try it you open the door to doing it again with a lot less pressure or thought.

And, you are probably going to like it if you like drugs. To me, it was literally the perfect drug apart from how it ruined my life and all but the high the first couple of years before I stopped being able to get high anymore and started getting sick were some of the best years of my life. I've been clean 11 months and still feel like shit. It could happen to you, why bother risking it and if you don't get the dose right which you very likely won't until you get to know your reaction to the batch of course you'll have to do it a second time. It puts the healthiest of 30 years olds into coffins and you don't have to be addicted or careless for that to happen. It can happen to anyone with any hit from any batch at any time.

Yo, I used to be a happy stoner and in my early 20's I had it all. Did really well in school too, it ruined my life at least for the time being I am nothing. What is it you are suffering from that is making you want to turn to this. It only makes that original problem worse and blinds it with a drug problem that is typically worse as it can take over your whole entire life and way of thinking then you wake up years later if you're lucky and make it through a solid year clean and wondering what the fuck happened to your life and everything is gone. Lucky to have a roof over my head very very lucky. You can lose yourself it isn't worth it even if uncut product still existed.

I've done different 12 opioids, all the regular like oxycodone, tramadol, codeine, buprenorphine, many different RC-opioids, RC-fentanyls and so on. Is heroin really much different from opium, oxycodone or the RC-oxycodone which are really powerful? Heroin is only opioid I haven't touched because I have this image it makes you instantly addicted. I've smoked oxycodone that effects you in 2 seconds powerfully. I've been addicted to opium for 2 years, it will give you worst WD's of all opioids, 3-6 months, maybe even worse than methadone. Not really interested to try heroin, but I would like to know is it really different from any other opioid? Difference lies in that you cant take it orally, I've never IV'd anything and not planning, buti with heroin you either smoke, snort or IV it. I like take everything orally, snorting or smoking always shorter high.

I've smoked very pure crystal meth maybe 5 times and snorted it several times, I prefer dexamphetamine, but I've never got "addicted" to them, Ive used them 15 years every now and then.

Last edited:
Fair play dopiejay. Have you been tested for Hep C or other blood borne viruses. i too dabbled with using the needle to shot heroin in much of my 20's and never got hooked. I put my lack of physical addiction to heroin down to the fact i never and i mean never scored heroin in bulk amounts so i never had a ready supply of heroin at home to shoot 4-5 days in a row. I was the paranoid of getting hooked i never used two days in a row.

However the real devil in disguise of IV'ing heroin is when you catch Hep C like i did but the final straw was my near fatal overdose on a bad hit of heroin that was cut with a crushed up benzo.

My advice for anyone thinking to use heroin for the first time is smoke or snort it. If you really must use the needle get a friend who knows what their doing to guide you. Never shoot on your own, you need a friend there to raise the alarm and call for help if you OD and equally important use fresh fits and never share the same spoon to dose up.
I've always shot up alone. NEVER shared a needle, NEVER shared a spoon, NEVER had another person around so hep c is nigh impossible. This is extremely stupid and one should not ever shoot up heroin by themselves. I mean under no circumstance.

I've done different 12 opioids, all the regular like oxycodone, tramadol, codeine, buprenorphine, many different RC-opioids, RC-fentanyls and so on. Is heroin really much different from opium, oxycodone or the RC-oxycodone which are really powerful? Heroin is only opioid I haven't touched because I have this image it makes you instantly addicted. I've smoked oxycodone that effects you in 2 seconds powerfully. I've been addicted to opium for 2 years, it will give you worst WD's of all opioids, 3-6 months, maybe even worse than methadone. Not really interested to try heroin, but I would like to know is it really different from any other opioid? Difference lies in that you cant take it orally, I've never IV'd anything and not planning, buti with heroin you either smoke, snort or IV it. I like take everything orally, snorting or smoking always shorter high.

I've smoked very pure crystal meth maybe 5 times and snorted it several times, I prefer dexamphetamine, but I've never got "addicted" to them, Ive used them 15 years every now and then.
Ahhh, it's different and it's not. What makes it different is the ROA. But ultimately it's an opioid so no it's not a whole lot different. It has its own nuances vs other opioids.

I've always shot up alone. NEVER shared a needle, NEVER shared a spoon, NEVER had another person around so hep c is nigh impossible. This is extremely stupid and one should not ever shoot up heroin by themselves. I mean under no circumstance.

With all due respect dopiejay even if you're always 100% of the time shooting up on your own and always using a new clean syringe and properly mixing up with sterile spoon and clean water you still have a chance of picking up a blood borne virus when injected because you can get infected from the actual powdered drug substance. Yep it's quite unlikely but any IV user who shoots with the needle runs the risk and chance of catching HIV if the drugs they have injected have been mixed together and soaked with cum/seamen infected with the HIV virus.

Although important to remember cross contamination and infection from drugs is only possible if the user shoots the gear IV with a needle, snorting drugs mixed with bodily fluids can not make a user HIV+ as blood borne virus infected seamen digested orally through the nose or mouth is absorbed by the throat and stomach lining and the infection and spread of the HIV virus is not possible when HIV+ seamen is sucked up the nose or swallowed through the mouth.

How can this be? somewhere along the illegal drug supply chain a drug dealer laces their heroin, amphetamines or cocaine by soaking it in blood contaminated with Hep C and then drying it under a lamp or worse yet but actually more common a drug dealer may mix seamen contaminated with the HIV virus and unwittingly a intravenous drug users buys and injects the bad gear within the active contamination existence time period. In other words how long blood borne viruses hosted in bodily fluids can stay alive and be transmitted to another person which in a most cases is up to 5 days from initial contamination then BAM a IV user can catch Hep C Hep B HIV/AIDS etc even if they shoot with clean equipment.

After 5 days the active elements of the blood borne viruses that are contagious disappear. In Australia it's more common for speed to be laced with cum so it's an old safety precaution for ravers who IV amphetamines to purchase their speed 7 days in advance often scoring at the start of the weekend before going out clubbing on Friday night using the previous weekend's sourced speed or buying from a random dealer at the nightclub the Saturday morning when coming down after their big all night drug session in order to hold on to and store their speed exactly one week or 7 days before IV'ing it a week later. This situation was happening in Melbourne AU in the 90's early 00's when speed was still popular.

From what i've been told back in the 80s it was common practice for street level dealers of speed if infected with HIV/AIDS to jerk off into their gear and sell it on to their clientele out of spit of others for themselves facing a death sentence. For the customers that snorted or smoke the HIV+ laced speed they cheated death because HIV isn't spread orally but those who shot with the needle they became part of the global 1980s HIV/AIDS pandemic. Heroin was around in Australia in the 70s and 80s but it was far more expensive per .1 street deal than speed. All the hype among young people down under in 1970's decade was centred towards the trend of trying a intravenous shot of speed. Every young person at the time talked about and said" have you tried a shot of speed? you have to, it's incredible".

Thankfully in Australia in the year 2018 most drug users have woken up to the potential dangers of IV'ing speed and sensibly most drug users have moved on to smoking Crystal methamphetamine.

For drug users who insist on still using the needle I believe you can buy drug test kits online or in shops that sell bongs and other drug related paraphernalia that will test a sample of your drugs to tell you if your gear is cum free or cum laced. But yeah when it comes to smack users shooting heroin most just risk it without worrying if someone has jerked off into their hit the same way hard-core tweakers will have an injection of .1 of ice every 12 hours for days on end without even blinking an eye in regards to how clean they're drugs are.

Sure present day medicine is far more advance now than the early 80's with immunisation against Hep B available, a form of intraferon treatment to cure Hep C widely available since 2008 and HIV now treatable and manageable with modern antiretroviral HIV medication, known as 'treatment', a HIV positive person can live a long and healthy life.

Trust me it is a reality not a false urban myth some drug users say was invented by Doctors to scare people away from using needles it's a truth that drug users can catch bad things from the gear on it's own.

Yes the chances of a run of the mill heroin user living in a first world western country with no real enemies apart from his own inner demons being really unlucky and getting sold blood soaked or HIV positive cum laced smack are unlikely it is still within the realm of possibilities.

So yeah even if you always shoot up on your own you still need to have regular blood tests.

I notice dopiejay you are from Newfoundland Canada so i have no idea how big the heroin market is where you live but due to your location i'd say the Mexican drug Cartels must be the major distributors of heroin in the greater east coast region of Canada, whether your heroin is white powder or black tar i wouldn't know.

I'm confused do you have a friend or relative sitting in the same room with you when you inject but this person is not using heroin when you're doing up your hit and then injecting

To me, it was literally the perfect drug apart from how it ruined my life

perfectly said... trying to put my life back together now

H WDs last bout a week or so... cravings take about a year... and the cravings are the real challenge

wouldnt wish addiction on anyone

There couldn't be a better drug so many people get addicted all day every day but I am 11 months clean lucky to be alive and threw a lot of years of my life away still to feel fried and just not right at all. I don't think I'll ever be the same, you never really come back just get used to it. Not worth the risk.

Thank god we have virtually no heroin here in Iceland... I would probably be dead, at least would have lost custody of my son and be living in the streets. Been hooked on opiates and been a daily users (almost daily) for about 3-4 years. Started soon after my first adequate introduction to benzos and prescription medication in general (which resulted in daily benzo use since day 1, now am prescribed 3x2mg Klonipin and 1x0.5 Alprazolam XR and have managed to get prescriptions for more or less everything I tried except for opiates stronger than codeine/tramol), which was the day after my ex cheated on me and left me, before that I had smoked weed on a daily basis for about 10 years and had then just recently added amphetamine to my daily routine. My opiate use started like most people's I think; codeine. Very soon I was taking ridiculous amounts of codeine with as many benzos and potentiators as possible and soon got a few 40mg oxycontins through some deal I made selling weed or speed at the time, I believe. I instantly fell in love! The combination of weed, amphetamine, Clonazepam, alcohol and Oxycontin and basically anything I could throw in there; more benzos, opiates or uppers and when I really wanted to get fucked I would add MDMA, psychedelics or something as well. I went from being a daily drug user that just said no to prescription drugs without hesitation for 10+ years, to basically being a self taught pharmacist in a matter of months. Since January of this year I've switched almost entirely to IV use for all my drugs, or at least the ones that ar IV'able. Just now in the past few days am I starting to seriously think about using other ROAs when possible, yesterday I ate my first Oxycontin pill for the first time since I started to IV them. To my surprise it worked OK, I never really liked IV'ing them anyway.

Well holy shit! I really forgot the topic here for a while and basically made an introduction post :') So basically I have been using opiates pretty much daily since, excluding the past 6-7 months or so, in which I've really cut down on my drug use. I've pretty much given up smoking weed, only use benzos every now and then and never in large doses. Excluding all-in binges, I mainly use morphine (ms-contin) and/or oxycontin and amphetamine or methylphenidate. So I'm finally functioning again and working on getting my shit together, family and friends are all super happy that they can count on me again (or even understand a word that I am saying when talking to me) and I can really notice a difference in my son, that really surprised me. It's like since I'm able to give him full attention all of the time and am always there for him, he really feels it and you can see it in g his behavior... He's much happier and more confident. He comes to me when he needs anything and not my mother or father like he had started to (after too many ODs and raids by police I had to move back in with them while I get my shit together). EDIT: Not me who OD'd, I never have but for some reason a lot of my friends have and actually none of them from IV use. Pretty much all of them from oral use of pills.

OMG I did it again, sorry! I just shot some morphine and oxycontin (100mg+80mg) trying to get myself to sleep after using a little bit too much speed yesterday and this morning and I don't get my prescribed benzos until tomorrow morning. This is the result of that shot haha This is getting embarrassing too since I was only going to write that I was happy H wasn't available here and that I had once gotten half a gram of it from Darknet. That 0.5G was so damn good, but I had not started to IV drugs back then. So I tried snorting a little bit, smoked some and plugged the last 0.1 along with 100mg MS-Contin, and that combination of H and Morphine gave me such a rush that (at least in memory, could very well be bullshit) doesn't even compare to the biggest/best shots I've taken (I would guess something like 100-150mg <90% coke, 200mg MS-Contin, 160mg Oxycontin and a little bit of amphetamine). Also, when snorting, smoking and plugging I was always with a friend or girl I was seeing, so each ROA was for two people and we're talking about half a gram here... Does that sound right for average heroin quality? It was a "typical" light brown color like you usually see online/in media. To me it was never really a question of "if" but "when" I would try heroin... At least with that "fuckit" attitude with drugs and well basically anything after my ex dumped me and I couldn't really handle it. But I can really see what you guys are talking about... I mean if I had started to IV when I got my hands on that little bit of H I would never have "wasted" it on other ROAs and seriously could have killed my self right there on my first 0.5G... Tolerance not being quite so high and all... Also, I really can't see how some people say that the high and pretty much everything from Oxy and H are pretty much identical and whatnot. I can imagine how 100mg of it IVd would be like and I'm thinking it would be a lot more powerful than 100mg oxy? Even 200mg oxy?

I'm finally starting to get a little faded so I'll stop now, I gues this post probably belongs somewhere else now but I haven't written so much for a long time and I can't seem to get myself to delete it so I'll post it anyway. Sorry, really hope I didn't ruin your day. :p

Last edited:
That dope is horrible for you, can ruin your life and kill anyone on the first hit.

You really that fucked up reader to risk your life? I was. Still sort of am just never, ever again with this stuff. I can go as far as 100mg codeine when I need it and nothing more. Guess there are enough of them out there these days, there's always something being suppressed other than withdrawal which may over the course of your life have lead you to this thread. Once you start thinking about trying it and realize that it is possible to do so, it's pretty hard not to if you intrigue yourself enough. It's seriously just bullshit, though, like my kush that stuff like just imagine your whole entire life completely destroyed and struggling to get out of bed in agony with a body that should be healthy and active. It's kinda like a prison sentence in terms of years.

Good thread, I hope anyone interested in heroin saves themselves the pain, the trouble, and the great loss that seems to accompany this drug. If I could turn back time that's a decision I would make differently the second time around.

what boku? hiv positive cum laced dope is absurd. blood born illness, including hiv, can technically be passed orally. i don?t know about hiv, but hep c is passed by individuals sharing straws/bills.

The HIV virus cannot survive outside the human body for very long at all...its lifespan outside the bloodstream is measurable in minutes, IIRC. So basically in order to contract HIV from a needle you need to do a shot from a dirty rig that someone just passed you after doing their shot.

The HIV virus cannot survive outside the human body for very long at all...its lifespan outside the bloodstream is measurable in minutes, IIRC. So basically in order to contract HIV from a needle you need to do a shot from a dirty rig that someone just passed you after doing their shot.

It can survive in a syringe for a long time, in that little vacuum even after the plunger is all the way depressed.

Sudden death is a better fate. It's a slow and painful way to kill yourself.
And you?re also passively or actively suicidal when you?re doing heroin.
When it becomes an every day every hour sort of grind and far from the ?good? old days, the high doesn?t even work as an anti depressant anymore.

At least smoke a joint of a nice full indica and think this through first. It is a serious life choice and it's not like doing a line of coke at a party. This is when recreation frequently crosses over to addiction and it can very well ruin your life.

In my experience messing with any opioids often will 90% most likely lead to serious addiction and dependence. Then there starts to come money problems, where to get next fix. One day comes the choige, you need to stop because they dont work anymore even mood lifting (maybe for some people they do), then you wither need to go to WD, depenting how long you have used and what kind, you rather be dead, opium/poppypod/seeds. will give you 3-6 months WD's, every day fucking hell. If you decide to go to buprenorphine or methadone mainteance, it most likely mean you will eat them rest of the life, well maybe you want it but what if something serious happens in you're country, like in Krimi where after anxied by Russia they stoped methadone treatment, so you can imagine what hell it is if you have been there for 10 years in 200mg/day doses, most likely suicide comes after that. Or some politicians make decision to stop it.

For me that finally made me stop using nay drugs that I used every day and got serious WD's (pregabalin and poppypodsa and seeds), made me think about this scenarium. Lets say the starts war or any other situation where you just cant get any kind of drug you are addicted, well that is the worst thing can happen. I can't think how Afganistan heroin addicts can leave with it, maybe one day they get kidnapped by talebane and no opioids to give. Fuck you can even kill yourself. Maybe you need to go to funeral but you have no drugs you need, well hell on earth. In any way life depending on any drug that gives you extreme WD's will be hell and you most likely commid suicide. I often wonder how wended for those millions of chinese opium addicts who sent to work slaves after crack down, image you have smoked opium for 20 years every day, and bum one day you are sent to work slavery, how many suicide happened there? Opium/Poppy seeds/poppy pods/methadone (and pregabalin) give the worst WD's, so you never want to run out of them, never. That is life I don't want to live, I want to wake up happy, not needing to take anything to keep my physical and mental state normal. Money and hguman relationships don't matter me much, because you always can get them back, but WD's just don't go away liket, unless you got to 2 weeks coma, ibogaine, or make risky journy to use amphetamine, pregabalin, GBL/GHB, benzos and alcohol way which I did twice, it worked, only I got addicted to pregabalin and with that one nearly nothing helps, only GBL and alcohol.

In the future if I ever going to use them again I eather need to be terimal cancer patietn who dies 100% sure in 6 month or if I'm going to commind suicide, but never ever again. I'm in point where I can take any kind of opioid paced or gabapinoid drug class drug for even extreme pain, because the pain is nothing compared to the WD's I get even from single use of these drugs. Maybe after 10 years brains dont get depentanded to them so easily anymore, so lets hope I never have to go throught surgery or burn care, maybe I should state them no fucking opioids or gabapinoids. For some odd reason only single time Oxycodone even 100mg dont give me WD's. So thats only safe thing to do.

So think carefully, one day there is coming where you run out of money/drugs or other reason and then you are REALLY fucked, better load you're gun.