• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

i let a friend try heroin for the first time. intranasal. real heroin, not the fent blend usually sold in lieu. despite cutting him the tiniest bump, he got so nauseous that he ended up leaving the museum we went to after, to lie down in my car at a parking meter.

he described the high as ?morphine with more nausea.?

it?s not magic. it?s another opiate. and unless you use it all the time or are getting it from someone who does, fuck knows what you?re really doing.

try what?s sold or given to you under the name of heroin if you want. whatever. dilaudid is better.

I heard this as well from friends who became addicted to heroin. They all said how it's just an opiate high and how it's a lot more sedating than oxycodone and hydrocodone, and codeine are, and that they all regret using heroin and if they could change their past they would have never used it or quit using opiates when they were still using low does of oxycodone and hydrocodone.

Herolyin
This life is a lie where fake happiness goes to die You comforted me when I would cry
You erase the misery from my life You made my hard nights go by like a flash of light no sense of true heartfelt loss the warm sensation as you filled up my life that sweet little place that you took my mind to hide as my eyelids fell closed with your beautiful lie I would wake with a jolt as my son screamed daddy don't die wake up Daddy please play with me tonight sorry sweet boy Daddy has to go there is another boy that Daddy knows but I will be back before you know with eyelids all heavy and a temper ready to blow I gave up on you son because of that boy I gave up on so much and just wanted to run blew off my family night after night gave up on friends cuz I was too tired to fight but there you were all day and all night at 3 a.m. when my sickness made me feel that fight or flight you were there when sweat would pour off my brow and I would walk out of meetings who needs this job anyhow fuck I don't care you are in my life for better or worse you're my new wife what's that dear no job no money no wife oh I see I'll cheat and I'll steal to have you in my life hey Dad sorry you're broke but I need $200 my boy needs to eat sorry my son not tonight there are no veggies or meat but I'll be right back just need to run up the street no you can't go Daddy has someone to me hi son I'm home let's play with your toys I like this one that makes all the noise
WAKE UP DADDY DON'T DIE
What I am tired son but Daddy 2 hours have gone by this life is a lie where fake happiness goes to die that boy called heroin is not a good guy that nice warm feeling is the biggest lie the sickness is now your only life depression sets in and you just want to die knowing the destruction in your path of life they all have lost faith and trust in you now they watch you like a thief on the prowl as days go by the thinner you get because heroin is more important than food in your gut your skin changes color and bruises you get from falling all over you high piece of shit months will go by and seem like days in your mind your children will grow and it's you they don't know you spent your life with your eyelids closed losing your home losing your wife losing your child and losing your life I am heroin I am your hero in life your hero in despair I am your life I own you now my will you will do go steal from your loved ones to fill that needle and Spoon destroy yourself because I asked you to for no other reason than being a fool think you can leave me I'll laugh at you I'll make you shake and twitch hot and cool make you ache so bad you'll pray like a fool pray for an end that will never come I'm your partner for life when I call you will come I'll be in your ear for the rest of your life I'll tickle your mind almost every night you'll squirm and you'll squeal and you may get away but I will come calling another day I am your friend I will be for life I will ruin everything you love that's what I like I am the devil and God all in one breath I will be in your mind till the day you are dead I am your hero I will be your friend I am your hero through thick and thin I am your hero I'm called heroin I'll destroy your life your family and friends soon they won't know you you won't look the same the sadness in your eyes that sad look of Shame you'll beg and you'll plead for money to lose on a 1 hour High then spend 3 hours stealing to make another 4 hours go by end up in places you would never even drive by now sit and wait for hours for your dealer to come by the things you will do and not bat an eye for a bag so small that will ultimately make you cry what makes me want this life when all of the joy was gone by the third night feelings of self-loathing and shame from this life will never go away and I think that's all right because now I'm sober 5 days and counting yes that's right goodbye old friend I don't need you tonight I'll think of you often as addicts do but never again will your will I do...

I hope any of you out there can find some peace out of this heroin addiction is not a joke it is not a disease it's a choice that we made and it's up to us to take it out of our lives I pray that this poem can help someone find the light as I did bless you all...

It did for myself as well. I have made things much more challenging for myself, and wasted a lot of time. I have also transformed as a person, and think less about myself now and a little more about my place in society and how I should treat the environment around me. I am lucky to be alive though there are easier ways to learn important life lessons than making very risky decisions like this one. I am nowhere near back to my typical self without H after 6 months of abstinence, but if I go back at this point I will die ten times over from the tolerance drop blended with my habitual tendencies and the dose I think I need once I get going.

I can't say I regret it because I am who I am today and that's chill but using it fucked me up and I was hooked psychologically from the very start. It was game over from the first hit, despite taking a solid couple years to begin waking up sick as fucking fuck.

6.5 months now. Wow, what a surprise. It is really nice to hear that someone in some way cares. That is pretty chill, although, I have met some wonderful friends from here. Both have vanished and were IV drug users I think hey are no longer with us. One's game was dilaudid; the other coke and meth and MDMA and 4-fa and 2c-i etc. etc. in denial.

I'll never go back. I'm tapering off the benzos right now which is a different kind of hell. A happier one : ) so long as I have the means to taper of course, and I do. Ibogaine has really been helping my post acute opiate withdrawals too. They kicked in brutally hard a couple months ago. I was trying 5-meo-dmt before that but it wasn't going to help.

Weird though. I came on here because I've been having craving for high potency pure as fuck smack. You gave me some encouragement. It's still a struggle. I can't ever go back it will get me if I do and I'm pretty well on my way to being a pothead with a moderate (not too heavy) etizolam habit. Which sounds lovely.

Was going fucking CRAZY in post acute withdrawal it was worse than the damn burning alive... not really, but it was still fucking absolute hell. I feel like it is going to return.

It totally fucked up my nose by the way. It doesn't look bad or anything but it's not right. Irritating sometimes. Definitely permanent, I can use herbal creams and aromatherapy. Wow 10 days and it will be 7 months!

6.5 months now. Wow, what a surprise. It is really nice to hear that someone in some way cares. That is pretty chill, although, I have met some wonderful friends from here. Both have vanished and were IV drug users I think hey are no longer with us. One's game was dilaudid; the other coke and meth and MDMA and 4-fa and 2c-i etc. etc. in denial.

I'll never go back. I'm tapering off the benzos right now which is a different kind of hell. A happier one : ) so long as I have the means to taper of course, and I do. Ibogaine has really been helping my post acute opiate withdrawals too. They kicked in brutally hard a couple months ago. I was trying 5-meo-dmt before that but it wasn't going to help.

Weird though. I came on here because I've been having craving for high potency pure as fuck smack. You gave me some encouragement. It's still a struggle. I can't ever go back it will get me if I do and I'm pretty well on my way to being a pothead with a moderate (not too heavy) etizolam habit. Which sounds lovely.

Was going fucking CRAZY in post acute withdrawal it was worse than the damn burning alive... not really, but it was still fucking absolute hell. I feel like it is going to return.

It totally fucked up my nose by the way. It doesn't look bad or anything but it's not right. Irritating sometimes. Definitely permanent, I can use herbal creams and aromatherapy. Wow 10 days and it will be 7 months!
There really is light at the end if the tunnel!

I'm finding it hard to see the light at near 7 months. I have to squint. I'm still very much getting over it, both physically and mentally. I'm nervous, knowing that it's a possibility I could go back.

I'm finding it hard to see the light at near 7 months. I have to squint. I'm still very much getting over it, both physically and mentally. I'm nervous, knowing that it's a possibility I could go back.
A year is where the corner really turned for me. I?ve got 15 months and I rarely think of dope anymore.

I don't think of it very often. I am ruined by it.

I was tempted recently for the first time since I stopped since I knew I could get good stuff and had money, but chose my chron script instead and got some fire herb, couple ounces. I don't see the point in risking putting myself in a position where I am opiate sick cold turkey and desperate like that ever again. There is absolutely nothing worse, it is so strong oxycodone even became rather useless to me taken orally just paled in comparison and I used to love the stuff, and now I'm tapering off these benzos and it isn't so painful. It's insaneful.

A year is what I keep thinking about. 7 months isn't that long of a time after a heavy long term habit. Maybe after a year, I will have some resemblance of a life. At least I have my chron though, got a lot of it too. Lots of girl scout cookies for me, and a solid kush. Couple ounces would be like a day's habit with that stuff by the end of it. Started off innocent enough, and for a really long time before things suddenly became viciously awful. Lucky to be alive, I guess. I don't really care anymore I am trying to and my brain feels so burnt out.

Yeah pot has been a godsend for me as well Shroomi.

There?s a desperation in life using heroin, and not the good kind. Like running a race with no finish line, life just becomes one bad scene after another

Medical pot with THC %'s and terpene profiles has certainly been a godsend, especially for depression. Had to stop smoking it compulsively though. Psychedelics have as well, I have been using a lot of them.

When I run out of weed I don't really care. I could use a tolerance drop anyway, but there are no tolerance drops with smack except for brief life-threatening and surprising ones after very long periods of abstinence.

When I didn't have it for a bit I literally wouldn't do anything. When I had it, things seemed great. I would eventually get so sick I wouldn't do anything and just lay there until I had the feeble energy to get some money together. It was miserable. It ruined my 20's and now heading into my 30's there are so many problems I honestly just feel like I ruined my life. By the time I sort this shit out I'll be entering my later years, and that sucks. Like I totally missed out on my youth. I really did. It sucks. I can't think about it as suicidal thoughts were just popping up, mainly over how I can't attract women whatsoever in any way which sort of makes me want to end my life.

I got out just before the downward spiral led me truly to the point of no return. There is at least a little hope now, even if I am too depressed to get out of bed.

I'm going on 21 months clean from heavy Heroin and Meth addiction. Trust me I know it sucks during the first year but I can assure you it does get easier. Even with my clean time I still think of it often sometimes but it comes few and far between as time goes on.
One of my little tips to staying clean is procrastination. We we're all real good at it when we were using, putting off all of our obligations making sure our first priority was to get our fix. Procrastinate using! Tell yourself you'll go this whole day, week or month without using then you'll consider it. Once that day hits just look back at all the progress you've made and do it again and again. Keep putting off the priority of using till one day it just doesn't seem to be all that important anymore.
In short, literally take it "one day at a time"... It's all you can do and your doing great! Keep it up brother :)

Did anyone on here smoke Heroin for a period of time before they went Iv? I am finding my tolerance has gone up alot in the last week and I struggle to get a decent rush through smoking.

What reasons do people usually turn to the needle? You waste a little bit when using foil (though i'm a black belt at chasing the dragon and waste in minimal), the high is not as good and its more time consuming.

I'm going on 21 months clean from heavy Heroin and Meth addiction. Trust me I know it sucks during the first year but I can assure you it does get easier. Even with my clean time I still think of it often sometimes but it comes few and far between as time goes on.
One of my little tips to staying clean is procrastination. We we're all real good at it when we were using, putting off all of our obligations making sure our first priority was to get our fix. Procrastinate using! Tell yourself you'll go this whole day, week or month without using then you'll consider it. Once that day hits just look back at all the progress you've made and do it again and again. Keep putting off the priority of using till one day it just doesn't seem to be all that important anymore.
In short, literally take it "one day at a time"... It's all you can do and your doing great! Keep it up brother :)

This was nice to read thank you. I like your theory. I can always use in the future but once I do there is probably no going back at this point. The first year is totally going to suck, the progress has really slowed down but then again I was high as fuck for so long I don't know what I was thinking but the sickness became absolute torture and took a long time to figure out how to overcome. It had to be cold turkey, in the end. I'm trying to deal with a benzo issue now that started at the same time as the dope and it really isn't fun either.

No, because of the stigma. Tell a friend you did heroin, and they'll freak out, tell them you did something like Oxycodone, which has the potency of Heroin, they'll react with a shrug, or at most, a stern talking to. Don't, but I get the idea of freedom so do whatever you want m8

Once you're hooked it doesn't really matter in terms of risk but to a new user it presents far more risk than pills considering the pills are legitimate and there is no way of knowing the dose of the H. Also, to a new user without a tolerance the dose of pure heroin is very tiny, sniffing 10mg would be a heavy hit to most people. Also with all the adulterants these days you are not really doing a pure opiate cut with inactives anymore. It's like ecstasy vs. pure Mdma which would you rather do. If you get lucky and find a connect for dope that is actually good though it makes all other drugs I've ever done not even seem like drugs in comparison anymore. This has led me to be more reckless with other classes of drugs.

There is some sense in that, H really is stepping a line that shouldn't be crossed. I had been on oxy's for years doing just fine. This shit tore my life apart and I'm probably going to die now, as soon as this week.

I don't have any sense of elitism regarding opioid use...I know as many people close to me who have died from oxycodone combinations as heroin. 10 years ago I wouldn't have considered heroin to be significantly more dangerous than any other opiate on average. But now the risk seems so insanely high even if you are already dependent. It's not just that it might be cut with fentanyl now, it's that it can almost be assumed to be cut with fentanyl and possibly something like carfentanil.

Carfentanil used to be literally a joke on the internet, like a neat drug trivia question that nobody asked. As deadly as fentanyl can be, at least certain harm reduction measures can be reasonably employed. I'm honestly not sure what the hell you can do to avoid dying if your stuff has carfent in it. Buy test strips and throw out anything that tests positive for fentanyl, which has to be the vast majority of product now?

What a stupid time to start throwing pain patients off of their prescription meds.

One and done. Never again. The junkie that hooked me up transformed from a typical ugly crackwhore into a beautiful honey after getting clean time...then proceeded to OD and die a month ago. Never ever again. Don't even try it, especially with the fentanyl going around.