• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

That is when it catches up with you, the tolerance issues are a red flag. You can choose to continue to increase your tolerance and reduce whatever high if any you get from this drug anymore, or you can try and quit which is extremely challenging and would have to research and maybe try different methods of quitting as well.

I tried the needle 5 times before I quit. I didn't fuck it up. If I ever went back I'd never fuck with my nose again, and after 8 months I mean post-acute symptoms hit reality set in and I realized I ruined my life. Then waking up not sick anymore hasn't really mattered, I wish I was dead anyways and I find the longer I am off china white or afghan #4 fire quality the more I want to go back. Because I'm getting nowhere without it, I don't even know if I could recommend quitting to someone who is using it for serious mental or physical health problems.

I am seriously considering Iv'ing I have been smoking for 3 months and on and off for years, I was going into town today to get a needle pack only because I scored off someone the other end of town I didn't get one, might try rectal cooked up shot. I am really feeling self destructive.

With me trying drugs are always this invisible barrier and once I have done it once there is no turning back

This isn't a cry for help just looking for maybe a sane head who was in my position once to advise me.

Yeah, doing IV is a line you cant uncross, and once you do, doing drugs other ways is gonna feel lame and wasteful. It'll feel a lot better, but the withdrawals will be a lot worse. Magnitudes worse. Then you've gotta think about all the other stuff, getting clean needles, if you cant get them will you re-use them? do you have ways to keep your equipment sterile? Most people I know started with rules to only use sterile equipment, water, new needles, alcohol swabs, bandages, etc.............but at some point they're using cistern water, a used cig butt to filter the dope out of the bottom of a beer can they found on the street, and inject it with a needle they've been using for 5 days straight. All the people I know who inject heroin end up doing something crazy fucking risky when they get broke, sick, and/or in trouble. A lot of them have Hep C.

All the guys I know who have Hep C have no problem sharing needles anymore, they don't give a fuck and its fucking gross dude. Seriously, IV use is one thing basically everyone I've ever talked to has regretted doing.

I'm a weird case, because i have IV'd meth, heroin and coke, and now only snort all three.

I just like snorting better, and sometimes you waste a shot if you don't find a vein.
I used to be addicted to snorting wellbutrin, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I snorted H for 6 years, only noticed the nose damage after I quit (it sucks having irritation there and depending on the weather). I'd rail everything that made sense to though. Lines were always my thing, over IV too.

I think it would be less risky to try heroin than to try a benzodiazepine in my opinion. If you are going to do it don't do a "bag" though. Get a milligram scale and weigh out something like 15 milligrams out of your gram, chop that in half and if you are snorting wait 15 minutes before doing more. If you don't feel 15mg of H and have a low or moderate tolerance to opiates, your stuff is shit.

I'm recovering from extreme opiate abuse very fast since quitting cold turkey at the turn of the year. Benzos I sense have fucked my head up for life. Hard for a panicking man to think straight I guess. Seems so foolish in hindsight all this shit.

I think it's near impossible to find without fentanyl in it though nowadays. Ew.

If you are in the Northeast US get a fentanyl testing kit because most of the supply is tainted.

If you don't want to get a testing kit, no you should not try heroin, you will die sooner or later (or be one of the people that gets narcaned 30 times.)

Fentanyl is part of the heroin game. Some sellers claim to be fent free, but take their word for it. I mix the bag well and do a tester shot.

It's very dangerous not really sure how I'm still alive started on benzos within the same month. Went on for years.

The first few years were so much fun, now I've ruined my life. It has been over nine months since using an opiate and 15 for H and in all that time I still don't feel right. I don't think I ever will again and the changes are pretty much the opposite of what I used to take the drug for. The only positive change is that paradoxically, I have less chronic pain in my spine which was what lead me to this particular choice of drug. Though, I loved it for its mental clarity, functionality, euphoria, cognitive stimulation and physical relaxation; it was always full of surprises but consistent in its effects as well. It was fucking amazing before I got a tolerance, this was before the fentanyl stuff was around every hit was the same of that china white or afghan stuff when I had a good supply. I loved the high so much but I never really felt high when I was on it, like it's delusional a bit. Way too much euphoria before you know it you're hooked and not getting it so much anymore and like wtf. Out of nowhere I woke up one day and was addicted as fuck, about 2 - 3 years in. There were warning signs, but withdrawal was like laying in bed for a week before then when I was more into pills. Not burning on the stake.

Traumatized me I'll never be the same and my benzo use has skyrocketed and I've totally fucked my life and mind and body up beyond repair.

Left me suicidal. Probably dumb enough to go back to it even though that would likely be the end of me. I've been melancholic about life ever since post acute withdrawals hit and I don't really care if I live or die anymore after fighting so hard to quit this monster of a drug so fuck no don't try it that's how you get addicted.

I'd definitely rather have been this than a cokehead though I'd probably have way more long term damage. My nose isn't thattt bad.

i figure all dope has something fent-like in it these days. even when i find a connect with really clean feeling old school, there?s gotta be some synthetic in there.

That's what some people are looking for in this drug. It is not always a deterrent. It is for me though I want what I expect to be getting which ideally would be pure heroin. I stopped before this fent stuff blew up and was def getting oldschool shit. It doesn't really exist anymore. I would say 9 times out of 10 here it might only contain trace amounts of diacetylmorphine and you have to get very lucky with connections. Whenever I relapse it is usually because there is the pure around. It's around now. I ran myself broke or I'd be using it as when I quit at first things were good when I wasn't deathly ill all the time but when I realized what I had done to myself I've been straight up suicidal ever since. Go ahead and try it if you want. I have never seen such poor quality control measures in the world of drugs. I'm also no longer going to make it in life and was making 100k ten years ago I'd probably be a millionaire at 30. Instead I spend my days thinking of tying up a noose so please reconsider trying it. It feels good enough to throw your life away for to some people, who will not know they have done so before it is too late.

Last edited:
Man, I'm going to say no don't touch it. It gets hold of you very tightly and the world just doesn't look the same after you've been badly addicted to opioids.

The way that I tell fentanyl from heroin, personally, is smoke a little and wait about an hour and a half or 2 hours. If you've got a strong desire to do more it's likely fentanyl. Heroin lasts around twice as long as fentanyl when smoked IME, but a fentanyl test kit is always great you have. You'd be surprised and disgusted when u seen the results. I stopped doing heroin when fentanyl hit the streets hard BUT before I got into heroin I used to smoke fentanyl gel from the patch. Now it's easy to tell the difference for me.

I know people in Alberta are selling cut fentanyl as heroin. Nothing else, no heroin in it, just fentanyl with cut, marketed as heroin. I just wish this fentanyl garbage never came into existence. As if opioid addiction wasn't sad enough.

In short, I would give it a huge pass, especially in this day and age where the streets are absolutely maggoty with fentanyl.
I used to love heroin, but I hate what fentanyl has done.

Yeah it isnt even an option anymore with the fentanyl analogues. There is no way of telling what is in that shit these days. But it is worse than ever in history.
We could have done without rc benzos as well. I would never go back but i remember whem the high changed. Most of the time i would throw it out amd find a real H supply which could take forever and is never consistent.
I loved it for years until it started to fuck with every aspect of ky life severely due mainly to tolerance and left me a trainwreck. You gotta be a little obnoxious to allow yourself to try this street drug. I was just a prick back then I didnt even know who i was anymore.
At first it treats everything and if you have problems think you can pass that up? All of a sudden I was happy amd fun tional again and i was paych ward status for sure before i tried it

Yeah, I stopped doing dope when fentanyl contaminated almost the entire supply (northeast US)

How long? 15 months for me. I was still getting raw it was going to kill me though. It totally would have by now.

Yeah i started 6 years ago, it was really hard for me to source good stuff. I ended up with pretty much as good as it gets, and always had a stable connect. Every hit was the same, to the milligram, and so damn good. Id drool over a quarter ounce of that.

I noticed a decline in wuality - sometimes it didnt even feel,like an opiate! It felt dissociative? Like i threw it out and half the shit around here is like that or more. I’ve had pharm grade sublingual fent they remputting even worse cuts in now. The sky is the limit its poison. It can never be trusted.

Considering how deep i got into benzos when i quit ajd during ky habit, i’d probably still be using it. Raw was getting really expensive up here. Like, imsane fucking expensive for real stuff. I got broke and just kicked i couldnt afford it and didnt want to start hustling some shit. I had already sold everything i could that i owned. Expensive shit lots of sentimentslmvalue like something that would normally makemyounsad but its such a chaotic life youll throw your most valued possessions away for a fix without thinking twice.

No idea if the pure still exists. I dont think id ever trust it amd thatnkind of sucks. Its cut way worse than coke, and was my favourite drug ever while i could afford it and had good stuff.