• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Well, people are gonna try it everyone knows it's stupid and some of us make stupid choices. Some of us are stupid fuckin people and try this shit.

One thing is people measure in bags this is stupid. Measure in mg amounts and start with like 10mg max. This will help prevent kill you, I'd even split that 10mg half and wait half an hour. That's like a tenth of a bag. Obviously snort it, no business touching a needle first time. Just don't do it man it's so stupid I'm starting shit in life I should have started like 10 years ago and I still don't feel right. This high I know it is alluring and tempting but it's really not worth experimenting with seriously pass on this one be smart and is very different from oxy in my experience more like a mix of the effects of oxycodone and hydromorphone sort of but it's just amazing to sniff I'm not denying it but I am just a couple weeks of being a year clean now, crazy.

Hi guys new to this yeah my 12 cent is that if you are thinking about trying heroin and if you are opiate naive, try some pills first like oxys, hydros, diffs, subbys and even meth since H is in my view the end of the line in opiates but if you are going to take it, smoke it first enjoy the stone because if you inject you will lose any stone you ever got from smoking it

Now as for the addiction as am addict myself its a nightmare like, but it's not the end of days torture hell that its made out to be by some people (Just my opinion) now the withdrawal are nasty and cam be very uncomfortable and unpleasant not painful I would say but not nice at all try imagine the worst flue and fever combined with insomnia and the shakes along with vomiting and nausea (I know what bad withdrawal are like from injecting suboxone) then there is the damage that comes from injecting which can lead to serious problems including death, blood clots, abscesses, collapsed veins and bruising

But the worst part for me anyway was the addiction itself it turns you into a zombie were all you care about is your fix now again this is very subjective since there is people out there who can function whilst suffering addiction right now I'm back at work and currently injecting at least .7 a day but it took A LOT of effort and will power to get back out there and when you first start the high you will get from it will most l8kley make you unable to function

But yeah seriously thinki it through anyone thinking of starting, anyone who says you can't function on heroin or that it will ruin your life is lying or misleading the chances that it will ruin your life are very very high but it's temporary once you build a tolerance and become number to the effects you can begin to function on it again this us subjective everyone is different

As for harm reduction in sure there are threads specific to that anyway stay safe guys

C'mon man suicide because of withdrawal ive had very very bad heroin withdrawal and even injected suboxone when on heroin and was the heaviest withdrawal for a few hours but it was never painful just extreme discomfort know its probably because im a self harmer and I'm used to pain but before I started people used to tell me that Wds are the worst of the worst and honestly mate I don't think they are that bad once you get used to them I suppose some people can handle them better than others bit yeah hope your managing and hope you beat it never give up its never too late to stop

Dope j I get that you should always have someone but it's not realistic or practical but you can let people know like ask someone to check on you in 20 minut3s after you have a hit but to be honest now that I'm functioning on it if you know your tolerance and know how strong your gear is you can safely take it on your own again o would not recommend first time users doing this AT ALL but experienced users who know the strength of their stuff and know their tolerance then I don't see a problem using on your own

Boku I have to agree IV amphetamine is probably the best rush I have experienced better than crystal better than heroin better than cocaine but it's very dangerous and very addictive I would not recommend first time users doing this although I believe in honesty, which is why I'm saying its amazing but it can have you going abit loopy after being up for days but to be honest I have never heard of anyone ever putting cum or blood into their gear out of spite im sure there has been anecdotal cases but I very much doubt that such activities were widespread but yeah any one who injects regardless of clean use and not sharing should always get regular blood tests I get one done every three months

Suidomreh addiction is separate from withdrawal man the withdrawal are part of the dependency on the drug the addiction is what drives the cravings and in my opinion its the addiction part that is the worst for any drug, addiction is addiction its the same illness with anything a smoker has the same mental illness as a heroin addict they both suffer from addiction also the reasons wh6 people are addicted is very subjective and is different for every person its why its such a complex issue your reasons for addiction only apply to you also addiction is always psychological it can trigger physical symptoms like fatigue and such but withdrawal are due to the physical dependency which is limited to certain drugs

But in the end everyone's reasons for addiction is different, its why you should always talk to an addiction expert or psychiatrist since its a mental illness

Don't try heroin, but if u must, just snort it, dont IV, you will fuck it up and have to go to the ER and it will be a problem later when you need pain meds for legit pain and you are red flagged as an addict!

A sober sitter and several doses of narcan (naloxone) are a must. Do not IV and don't plan for a second use. A first time user of heroin - especially with little high dose opioid use prior (not sure your situation) often does not enjoy the experience and often gets unconfortably ill for a while - puking, etc... if that happens sit as still as possible and don't move or you're more likely to puke your guts out. DO NOT take more. That is your brain detecting a toxin in the blood.

Most dope in U.S. and I presume many other places is laced with or completely fentanyl and no heroin - that is a bad thing, a more recent phenomena most of us want to see gone ASAP but have little hope it will.

Naloxone can be ineffective on fentanyl ODs if the dose was high for that user - maybe more so with IV use, but any method of ingesting fentanyl or heroin is potentially deadly. I've lost very close friends to fentanyl ODs, and almost myself this past week, and it sucks ass. I shot two bags after a test shot and was decently high, it was real dope for sure but there was some fent in there too apparently. I shot a third bag. I was able to handle that amount from the same batch on prior days.

I immediately fell out for two hours right where I'd shot. I didn't even get the materials cleaned up. Everything sitting out for those who might have found me dead to see immediately. Fortunately my dog insisted I get up - probably would have anyway but still... I ODd.

You can't possibly judge the fentanyl in a sample - it can vary from bag to bag, balloon to balloon. One sniff / hit of smoke could be OK but another deadly - even from the same bag. Could be the initial hit one takes... you wouldn't be the first.

Don't IV, just don't. I've been there. Stuck for years. Not cool in the least.

Last edited:
Glad I quit after iv'ing 5 times but if I ever go back I know how I'd pick up. Although, nose is messed up from all the years. I wouldn't do it again without iv so I better never relapse it has been a year. It's too good a feeling without a downside for a long while and a lot of people can't pass that up. Probably already have problems if you are thinking of trying it.

Stuff turns normal people into miserable hustlers of sorts. If you already have problems definitely don't go looking here, it comes with more problems than it's worth. Trying it is the first step and it opens a door, a critical door, wherein through it will be much easier to use it again. And it sure feels good, but there are better things in life. It has such a hold on me that even a year later a part of me just cringed when I wrote that but I know it to be true.The dope fiend doesn't think so and once you get in too deep it never really goes away. Recovery is measured in years at least for me.

mannnn don't do it i wish i would have never crossed into thisLife!! like previously stated sure it is a great rush for a few hours then what... eventually you get to feel worse then you have ever felt in yourLife! the phrase "chasing the dragon" couldn't be more true than it is when used in reference to heroin... i at least didn't really know what it meant anyways until now. so do yourself a favor and get away from it while the claws aren't sunk deep into your soul cause once that happens you become something you never want to be

It just feels amazing at first and there are few to no side effects if dosed right.

Over time the side effects and dependency emerge and at that point it is too late. People get trapped, fast. The withdrawal is horrific.

It has been a slow, painful death. I made it to 30. Im not going to make it to 31. Stay the FUCK away from this shit what are you thinking even clicking on this are you serious? This is nothing to fuck with NOTHING to fuck with I'm gonna end up in a fucking coffin. I even quit it's just I got hooked on benzos bad too and it's sort of too late for me but not for you! STOP YOURSELF IT ONLY TAKES A FEW TIMES.

Sorry if ignorant question, but why is heroin so much more a downer for people while oxycodone is a stimulant in many? Is it possible for H to act as a stimulating opiate for some users or is it most of the time purely a downer? I know that heroin is fast acting morphine and morphine is more sedating for some reason... didn't know if this post belonged here.

Sorry if ignorant question, but why is heroin so much more a downer for people while oxycodone is a stimulant in many? Is it possible for H to act as a stimulating opiate for some users or is it most of the time purely a downer? I know that heroin is fast acting morphine and morphine is more sedating for some reason... didn't know if this post belonged here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thebaine

tolerance to the stimulating effects of oxy builds faster than to its euphoric, downer effects. while it's always buzzy and never has that wet heroin/dilaudid/opana high, after using a while it doesn't feel stimulating. ime.

Oh god... the concept of a "wet" high makes it sound so enticing. I have actually snorted high quality heroin twice before but the only thing that saved me from addiction is how distasteful I find intranasal administration to be. The nose is exit only over here. I hated it for that reason and decided to never again. Also, I knew of heroin's reputation and was fully aware that I'd never make it back if I went down that route.

On another note, each post in this thread is so beautifully written. I felt as though I was the specific user being described in any scenario posted about--the withdrawals, the desperation for relief, the inability to quit and recover what was lost.. I really thank everyone for posting so honestly and personally. I used to think of heroin as the ultimate hedonistic and selfish way to use any drug, but now I see how wildly complex the relationship between the substance and the user is. I apologize that before coming to Bluelight, I thought that anyone who was locked into heroin addiction deserved it. Nobody on Earth deserves what befalls on them for simply touching a holy feeling. Love all of you.

Even as I was writing this under the lovely conditions of oxycodone it startles me to think about something so far darker and deeper.