• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Addiction makes everything confusing, especially when you start so early. I have also started pretty early in life but after some time I managed to control myself. Still I was totally messed up. But somehow I worked, had my friends, and felt like I was never going to be anything else unless I was using. Things change, you loose people. Family get involved. Drugs really suck when you've done so much in your early years. Maybe I wanted to have a normal life when I was young. But now I just need to move on. That's the only thing I can do.
Spot on dude, addiction makes aquiaring healthy friends confusing

Not even gonna read this... May have posted earlier... But no do not ever try heroin. It's good but dangerous and definitely wrecked my life..

^ Mine too! There were moments I thought of dying, others that I've lost my friends, my family. My word! I couldn't do anything by myself, I had to use some of this and some of that. Being totally dependable on things that took my money, my love and my Soul. I'm happy to be sober but it's a little annoying knowing I have wasted so much of my life when I could have been anything. There's nothing sweet about living like that.

I am finally clean. So much has changed, it is wonderful. Happiest time of my whole entire life I'd say and I mean deep down, real, true happiness that doesn't have to do with my hurricane heroin trashed life. I met a beautiful woman a while ago, and we are moving in together in the near future. She is amazing, and I never would have met her if I was a junkie. At first I had to drag myself out of bed just to make it to her place some days, I was in very early recovery. I am in much later recovery now and no longer physically dependent at all... just low energy. It's nice to have 80 bucks in my wallet and not be scheming about how to spend it on drugs. My past behaviour is disgusting to me.

I can't believe I finally did it. I had to sacrifice over a month of my life, easily that long, but things are just so much better now. No offence but if you use this drug, you made a really stupid, risky mistake for trying it even if everything went just swell. That's always how it starts, people thinking they can handle it when they don't have a fucking clue what they are getting into. Be my guest and destroy yourself. I consider myself lucky to be alive and I will never even consider using such a disgusting, filthy drug as long as I live. If my spine hurts so bad that I can't even walk like it does sometimes I'll take a fuckin 5mg percocet or half of one like a normal pain patient is supposed to.

Looking back, those were the most miserable years of my whole entire life. I really had to make a lot of changes, but I didn't give a fuck about anything but my dope supply. This drug could easily have killed me so many times, and the fun did not last long at all before I was warmly welcomed to Hell. I believe politically that anyone who sells this disgusting filth should be burned on the stake publicly, but I understand that view is unconventional. Western society is way too easy on the scum who deal with this trash though. Maybe if they were brutally slaughtered when they were caught, usage would go down but I really don't know. All I know is I hate it so much I would put a bullet in my head before sniffing it EVER again. Out of self respect for myself. Don't be a fucking dumbass like I was, seriously, are people capable of listening and learning in advance these days? Or do you need to ruin your life first as well.

Congratulations ShrommySatori!! I am very happy to know things have changed. :)

Now the work is about moving on and becoming a better self. I'm still working with myself after a couple of years.

Wish you all the best!!

Wish you the best too : )

I know that things will work out for me because I am putting in the effort to change. It's going to take some time, I'll have to be patient to get there, and I am really happy about having a constructive romance at the moment. I really like her a lot, it's just crazy how things randomly happened like that. I am so busy that I don't have time to think about that disgusting heroin enslaving people all around the world. I feel sorry for people who are actively using. It's a miserable life, it really truly is. I cannot comprehend why someone would even want to try it, if they really knew what it was or anything about it at all. There is no excuse to be such an asshole to oneself that heroin becomes an option in life. If that is where someone is at, then they really need to get help. I am really happy with who I am already right now. It is like I have been reborn and I deal with a lot of things completely differently than before (as in, not ignoring things the important stuff to get a stupid fix). I am a lot less selfish, and I have a few 20's in my wallet (LOL). Just gotta move on and never look back, I'm so happy with myself for making up for this horrible mistake, and that I am still alive to connect with this cute lady I met. Never would have happened if I was one of the unlucky ones who overdosed and that would have been a damn shame because love is an amazing thing. There is so much to life that this drug can steal from a person. I didn't give a fuck about any of my hobbies, my career, relationships or friendships. Nothing mattered but the high, and keeping it a secret - holding a job and acting normal as to not attract attention to my scummy junkie behaviour. If you don't nod out and are a functional addict it's fucking miserable, but that's where I was headed.

I would say that I had a life expectancy of less than a year when I quit. Serious.

I think I know how you feel. I have quit so many times earlier, so I would just sort of predict for how long I was going to be off of opiates. It was also related to the idea I didn't want to do quit if forever. I couldn't really see myself as being totally sober for the rest of my life.

I think the best thing we can do is not really think about the future in regards to drugs. See how it goes and it can surprise you. Falling in love has been by far my best reason to stay sober for as long as possible. I was totally involved and it was much better than my previous routine. So that sort of surprised me. But other things also played an important role such as how energetic I started to feel. My health, my liver, my hormones, my memory, etc, etc. These major improvements gave me motivation to stay sober. In a million of years I could never imagined I would continue to be off of drugs for more than 2.5 years.

I think it was started 8-9 years ago when I was on methadone and really felt like I was having a normal life and because of the medication I wasn't really thinking of going back to my old life. But one day I decided that it was enough for me, I did not want to be plugged in with opiates forever, I felt I could try real happiness instead. All I found was affliction, agony and sadness for the first couple of months, but after that things start to improve. I started coping with my new me which was not as interesting and my old self but it still got me going.

I'm afraid of relapses. I fear that if I do it again there's no way I'd go for all that suffering. And then back to the thread I see how opiates, heroin had totally changed my life to the point I felt I could never feel as relaxed and trouble free, even it lasted only few minutes. That sort of euphoric feeling stuck in my mind and I regret so much having done that. All I can think right now are the things I could have achieved earlier in life. I could have had everything but that dammed game of illusions sort of spoiled the entire life game, so to speak.

I've been using for over 16 years... Been clean for as long as 2 years during numerous stretches of sobriety... Currently trying to taper off after going absolutely berserk for the last year. If I could do it all over, I'd never have tried dope that first time. Use long enough and you'll pay a dear price.. There's no happy ending to this story.

Indeed. No happy ending here. It's great that you managed to quit for so long. I'm also sober, but not without going crazy sad, and after relapsing so many times. This is not something you'll want in your life.

Indeed. No happy ending here. It's great that you managed to quit for so long. I'm also sober, but not without going crazy sad, and after relapsing so many times. This is not something you'll want in your life.
Yes, H is no happy ending. I hope you do not relapse again. Good luck. :)

I'm still addicted to this poison, having a smoke as I type this, my life is ruined, I just don't see the point aymore, such a lonely, lonely habit :(

What extremely pisses me off is these so called self righteous ex addicts who go around preaching about how they cannot comprehend how people use this 'filth' even they were once an addict and knows how hard it is/was so they should be a bit more gentler with their words instead of going around with their heads stuck up their own arses singing their own praises about how they are finally off it, remember, you were once like us.......:(

This is about avoiding heroin for the first time, mostly for those who haven't done it yet. It's not about addiction but explaining the situation if one decide to try. We've had some good results- not often, but it happens.

Not at all about praising righteous ex addicts, I didn't even know someone coud be a former addict. It's for life from my perspective.

Last edited:
Exactly my point Erikmen, thanks for understanding :)

It's hell on earth, i've ruined my life & i fucking detest myself over it.

^ I know the feeling Rachella. It's a never ending nightmare. :\

Take care,
Erik

I've heard a lot of people sum it up pretty well in this thread: it's a dead end drug.
Haven't used H in 4 months and I hope I never become one of 'those' addicts that are preachy and look down on people who still use. I think Im always an addict for the most part because some deep part of me has an addictive personality. Knowing this I can mitigate that aspect of myself and protect myself from that aspec.

So with that being said, an addictive personality and heroin don't mix at all...

Exactly.

I would say that in regards to Heroin, even a "normal" non addictive mind could be hooked. It may take a bit longer but eventually we are all going to be in the same situation IMHO. Congrats for your achievement DM!

I have to agree even people with a strong will normal end up getting addicted. Myself I used casually for a while when I was 18 then didn't touch through stuff for ages.
Fast forward 5 years I find myself doing half a gram a day just to feel normal not even getting high. I only started using about six months ago, fell into addiction accidentally like most people just to block life out.
I went on a sub detox Monday but as soon as I get paid tomorrow I'm getting high.
Can't stand another living second in real life, 4 days is long enough. :/