• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

This heroin shit is not for the faint of heart.

I always say that I've got no regrets.. But actually, that isn't true. I've got one..and it's ever trying that shit. Because of my heroin addiction, I have singlehandedly ruined an entire life, and not just once either. But over and over again.

Heroin addiction is truly disgusting foreal...and I can't believe I ended up there AGAIN. But you don't have to.

i have been using heroin for three years now..only smoking though but recently moved to paris where i can't get the brown heroin anymore and have been thinking about injecting very much..is it possible to do it myself for the first time?all my friends have been injected by someone else when it was their first time..is there a bigger risk to inject white heroin than brown?i have snorted it and it seems much purer than the brown one i was buying in london..

^A bigger risk of infection, of overdose?

Almost anyone who's ever switched to using heroin with a needle will tell you it's one of the worst decisions they've ever made....so, there's that!

Heroin comes in many way, cut with many different things...There could be bacteria on the dope itself, I suppose...but all in all, I don't think there's much difference between "brown and white"....If you have to use citric acid to break it down, that's harder on your veins in the long term than not having to use it, but as a one shot deal, I don't think that's really the issue!

The issue will be whether or not you're able to successfully find a vein and avoiding an overdose, if you ask me! If you've never even had it done to you before, it's very intimidating to use a needle for the first time! I'd not do it at all, but if you must, I'd find someone to do it for you who knows what they're doing. If you must do it yourself, check out the IV megathread in OD. Why not use it some other way?

i have been using heroin for three years now..only smoking though but recently moved to paris where i can't get the brown heroin anymore and have been thinking about injecting very much..is it possible to do it myself for the first time?all my friends have been injected by someone else when it was their first time..is there a bigger risk to inject white heroin than brown?i have snorted it and it seems much purer than the brown one i was buying in london..

I mean.. yeah it's possible to inject yourself, however, IV'ing isn't something you can just pick up and do, you know? It takes practice and knowledge to do it right and be safe.. if you don't know what you're doing, it can be very dangerous. If you have an experienced friend who knows what he's talking about, nothing beats having somebody show you first hand how to do it.

Obviously the greatest risk of switching to IV is overdose.. you also have the various complications that can come from shooting up like abscesses, missed shots, diseases, etc. Of course, there's also the issue of it rapidly increasing your addiction and you becoming 10x as wrapped up in H as you are now.

Check out the IV megathread we have here. The link is in my signature.

i cant IV myself. IV can only be done in hospitals with special equipment for me, as my veins dont show after being 2 hours in scalding hot water, doing 25 pushups after that, then doing all the exercises neccssary - all i end up is a lor of veins that are poked through and another reason to kill this body that cant even fucking get the relief others get via IV. I hate my body more than myself, I think, even.
So, even if I was VERY rich, I could NEVER IV heroin or weed or meth or whatever (i put weed in there just to show that i know what sarcasm is and life is throwing it at me EVERY SINGLE DAY). i can only smoke, sniff or .. plug, but i have NO idea how to do that and i suffer from awful stomach also (go to toilet sometimes once a week) so i dont think plugging is for...people like me.

so there, be born a retard without veins and you have NO WAY TO EVER ABUSE IV drugs. great. NOT.

I'm an oxy user mainly sniff it sometimes will pop some of it. Daily use for 3+ years. Never thought I would get addicted but then it happened. 4 life changing events happened in 2 weeks and my income was drastically cut. Had a little habit but not everyday use just few times a week. Then boom when I couldn't afford it I did it with every dollar could get. Overnight got addicted no going back no more skipping a day.

I got hooked to oxy! Always super disciplined. Quit cigarettes easy, used to drink everyday for years quit cold turkey like nothing. Even did oxy for awhile keeping it in control.

My point is it happened to me with only oxy. I have done heroin a few times IV mostly, and I can truly say is I am lucky to turn back to pills. First few days were tought literally one gram of heroin over two days destroyed my tolerance for pills for almost a week.

I still debate should I give it a real try and stick with it maybe I can afford it. If I spent all my $ robbed everyone ruined everything on oxy how could I save money on something that is EVEN BETTER. Luckily am on suboxone now total lifesaver. Anyone thinking of trying h as your first opiate just no. Try pills first h is super strong and with no tolerance oxy will get you where you need to be. If you are debating the oxy to h switch you need to be thinking about suboxone switch. Good luck everyone

First Time Doing Heroin

I have a pet ape that wants to try heroin for the first time. Just kidding, it's me. So anyway yeah I have no experience with opiates at all, I would've liked to start out with Vicodin or OxyContin first but unfortunately, these are almost impossible for me to obtain. So I have decided that I will be using heroin, and snorting it will be my method of ingestion. My main questions are: is it a definite that I will throw up my first time, even if I only snort a tiny bit? I want to experience the euphoria that is commonly associated with heroin, but I really wouldn't like to throw up. And if I am going to throw up, how long will it be for, and will it just happen randomly or will I know it's coming and be able to get to the bathroom first? And also how much should I snort for my first time, no experience with opiates, and I'm 5'9'' and only about 130 pounds? Thanks!

Unless you've got access to a milligram scale, it's almost certain you'll overshoot a good dosage and spend most of your time bent over a toilet. Heroin is Fucking Potent, probably 5 to 10 milligrams is more than enough - even too much - for someone with no or low opioid tolerance. Even factoring in the fact that most dope is 40% or less purity... that means "a little bit" could still be too much.

The real problem is, nobody can tell you how strong your dope is over the internet. Just make sure you have some supervision.

It seems some people are a lot more prone to vomiting from opiates than others. I, for one, have used pretty extensively and never even get slightly nauseous from it. I've also only vomited about 5 times in the past 10 years for any reason, mostly from excessively fast alcohol consumption. But a lot of people get sick from even small doses. You would especially be at risk with having no tolerance and jumping up to the real hard stuff like heroin.

I would just make sure I did real small lines. Make sure whoever you get it from tells you the weight of the bag, then you can gauge the size of the lines you break it down into. Like if it s a 0.2 g bag(pretty common), cut it up into 10 even lines. Now each line is 20 mg and that might even be more than you want to try at once. Odds are one 20 mg line has in it 4-8 mg of pure heroin. But to be really safe try breaking it down to 10 mg and give it 15 minutes before you decide if more is needed...savvy?

If it's good dope you'll be so high that you won't even care that you're throwing up. You'll probably be throwing up and thinking "I'm a throw-up breathing dragon! Burglglelglelgle!! Woooo!" Hahaha.

If it's good dope you'll be so high that you won't even care that you're throwing up. You'll probably be throwing up and thinking "I'm a throw-up breathing dragon! Burglglelglelgle!! Woooo!" Hahaha.

I lol'd

Last edited by a moderator:
Merging into the Should I Try Heroin? Megathread.

While it's not a definite you will throw up, it is a very common side effect for first time use. You can attempt to avoid it by dosing a very small amount. Usually people do way too much their first time, not realizing just how strong heroin is, and end up very uncomfortable.

I always suggest to start off with a match head size bump, very small. If the dope is even semi-decent, that is going to be enough for somebody with no tolerance.

As to your other question, usually people start getting nauseous pretty quickly after the dope kicks in.. after about 20 minutes or so if snorted. Yes you'll have time to go to the bathroom, hah. You don't just spontaneously start spraying vomit everywhere.

So.. basically, I shouldn't have to say that you trying heroin as your first opiate is an absolutely horrible idea. You can't get hydrocodone or codeine? Anything? To go from nothing at all to heroin... I don't know.. I'm questioning whether you've really thought this through.

Last edited:
^^ Just delete the post. Some naive kid could see it, not read the rest of the thread and go die because of it.

This thread in general makes me sad. I know it needs to be here though, in the name of harm reduction. I just wish there was a way to experientially show people how horrible of a decision heroin is without them having to suffer through it for themselves. :(

Posts have been UA'ed for anybody wondering where they went. I initially wanted to keep it just so people could see the idiocy and blatant disregard for HR, but it honestly doesn't even deserve to stay.

From now on, anybody giving out blatant and purposefully harmful advice will have no warnings. That is unacceptable and frankly, sickening that somebody would seek to hurt somebody that way.

Merging into the Should I Try Heroin? Megathread.

While it's not a definite you will throw up, it is a very common side effect for first time use. You can attempt to avoid it by dosing a very small amount. Usually people do way too much their first time, not realizing just how strong heroin is, and end up very uncomfortable.

I always suggest to start off with a match head size bump, very small. If the dope is even semi-decent, that is going to be enough for somebody with no tolerance.

As to your other question, usually people start getting nauseous pretty quickly after the dope kicks in.. after about 20 minutes or so if snorted. Yes you'll have time to go to the bathroom, hah. You don't just spontaneously start spraying vomit everywhere.

So.. basically, I shouldn't have to say that you trying heroin as your first opiate is an absolutely horrible idea. You can't get hydrocodone or codeine? Anything? To go from nothing at all to heroin... I don't know.. I'm questioning whether you've really thought this through.

I honestly wish that I could start out with Vicodin or (preferably) OxyContin, but I have absolutely no way of getting any other opiate. Even heroin is going to be extremely tough for me to get because none of my friends are into drugs other than weed, and even weed is fairly (well not really) tough to get. And if I do get heroin I'll definitely only snort a tiny amount to start out, or maybe smoke it. I'll have to see once I am actually in possession of the heroin.

^^

Why do you want to do it? What is making you want to do it so bad that you'd resort to trying heroin?

Beginner

Just tried for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and now I am on this site. Don't feel like an addict. Just feel like I love the that feeling of ultimate relaxation. Would say I have been about every three days I sniff a bag. Avoiding before work. More of a great happy hour chaser.

That's the cliché and the myth. The creativity was always there in those people. Heroin is what stifles it, what makes you loose your passion, and consumes all your time.

It doesn't make you write better songs, or paint better, or write better. All it does is make you a dope fiend. Read any interviews with recovering addicts like Slash, Scott Weiland, etc, and they'll tell you the same thing. I'm sure Cobain and Staley would say the same thing if they were alive.

A lot of people start using dope, because they have this glamours image in their mind that it'll make them "deeper" and more "creative". It's a big reason why I started. I was young and all my idols did it.. I was a budding musician and artist at the time.

Truth, is every opportunity I got in the music or art world, heroin ruined. Too strung out to practice, make it through recording sessions, write new material, make it through a gig etc. I know a lot of musicians and artists who were strung out and it wasn't until they were clean, that they actually got serious and successful with their passion.

Heroin is not a tool for creativity. It is its destruction. The idea that it's going to help you with anything artistic is a young and naive notion, that is later blatantly disproven after you've actually become a heroin addict.

I find it so ironic that oxy is not tarred with the same brush, it can be equally destructive. Yet offer anyone at a standard student houseparty they'll take it. A line of china white would be "woooooah I don't do that shit man" and you'll be known as a smack head or h-kop in our slang forever. (or something, have only offered oxy irl, and each time the person I offered it to gobbled it up)

What I'm trying to say is equal emphasis should be placed on oxy for it's life consuming properties. It is afterall, equipotent to heroin. The only way they differ are in legality (and bio-availabilities).