• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, MRScagnettie and PKPro were saying it's made by some European company whose name escapes me. I wish it was; I personally can't stand Suboxone - the taste, the BA, and the sheer length of time it takes to dissolve. Sometimes if my mouth is dry, it can take up to or over an hour to dissolve completely. I would love to get my hands on this, it just sound better for my needs. Is the name Zubsolv or Subsolv btw?

It's Zubsolv. And even with the strips it takes over an hour for you to dissolve? They went really quick for me. The pills were slow, but the strips were a big improvement.

Suboxone tablets < suboxone strips < Zubsolv in terms of dissolving speed. Zubsolv dissolves in 5-8 mins.

It's Zubsolv. And even with the strips it takes over an hour for you to dissolve? They went really quick for me. The pills were slow, but the strips were a big improvement.

The strips are unavailable in the UK, so we only have the tablets. I was hoping they'd release the strips here, but no luck so far. But yeah, if I've a dry mouth and I'm taking my full 12 mg dose, it can take a hell of a long time to dissolve. Course, I can't talk properly while they're dissolving, so if I'm with people taking my dose can be pretty anti-social.

How long does it take for the strips to dissolve btw?

Suboxone tablets < suboxone strips < Zubsolv in terms of dissolving speed. Zubsolv dissolves in 5-8 mins.

You think the tablets dissolve faster than the strips? That was the whole point of the strips being released.. to increase the dissolving speed.

An 8mg strip will dissolve in half the time an 8mg pill will.

Its never taken over an hour for me to dissolve - for me the longest was 30 minutes.

I'm proud of you man!

The withdrawal is what it is. The mental problems subsided but the physical symptoms aren't getting any easier. I guess my energy level is back but my muscles ache and I have some pain problems.

It's the best gift I could have given myself.

CONGRATS Cap,
For me it was the opposite..the physical stuff was over by week three or four, but the mental lasted months. I still have issues with sleep and motivation and I'm 8 months out. But it's been well worth it.

Ahh my bad, I never knew you "weren't supposed to cut suboxone", my dr. Didn't even make mention of that when i told her I was cutting mine... Interesting. Yeah its a load of shit, it can all be cut, it can all be broken down, no negative effects happen, whether it's suboxone, zubsolv, or any form of oral bupe.

Well its the same with a lot of medications, but I am surprised RB didn't start making smaller doses because they can charge much more per mg for it. Its obviously not that you can't cut or break up Suboxone, but tits that they tell you it shouldn't be done. If people actually followed that (and I imagine doctors are suppose to since its part of the medications directions), then no one could taper below 2 mg.

Well its the same with a lot of medications, but I am surprised RB didn't start making smaller doses because they can charge much more per mg for it. Its obviously not that you can't cut or break up Suboxone, but tits that they tell you it shouldn't be done. If people actually followed that (and I imagine doctors are suppose to since its part of the medications directions), then no one could taper below 2 mg.

I've seen a Dr. tell a patient it was ok to cut the strip in half to taper....but not to save the half, to throw it away and open a new strip each time. That's crazy...they don't lose their potency that fast.
You have to wonder if Drs get "bonuses" from R&B to keep patients hooked up and buying more sub...

Is it possible that they never made/sold smaller doses as they may have assumed that people could withdraw from 2mg? Mind you, they must have learnt that was is not the case, as the years went on, si could have produced smaller doses. I agree, RTrain, they could have made more money that way.
Unless they were hoping that people would find withdrawal difficult n thus stay on suboxone for longer ?

I'm proud of you man!

The withdrawal is what it is. The mental problems subsided but the physical symptoms aren't getting any easier. I guess my energy level is back but my muscles ache and I have some pain problems.

It's the best gift I could have given myself.

I didn't ever think you would quit banging .0000000000000000125mg of bupe

You think the tablets dissolve faster than the strips? That was the whole point of the strips being released.. to increase the dissolving speed.

An 8mg strip will dissolve in half the time an 8mg pill will.

No Mr.Scagattie, the strips are better than the sub tablets, but the Zubsolv tablets are far superior to the suboxone strips AND the suboxone tablets. In my experiences, the suboxone strips dissolve at around the 12-15 minute mark, while like I said my zubsolv dissolves within 5-7 minutes at most.

No Mr.Scagattie, the strips are better than the sub tablets, but the Zubsolv tablets are far superior to the suboxone strips AND the suboxone tablets. In my experiences, the suboxone strips dissolve at around the 12-15 minute mark, while like I said my zubsolv dissolves within 5-7 minutes at most.

Yeah I know. The Zubsolv is supposed to dissolve faster than both, which is great. If I was still on suboxone I would definitely request being switched over to Zub.

How long have you been on it?

Going on a week and a half now, extremely happy with the results!

Is it possible that they never made/sold smaller doses as they may have assumed that people could withdraw from 2mg? Mind you, they must have learnt that was is not the case, as the years went on, si could have produced smaller doses. I agree, RTrain, they could have made more money that way.
Unless they were hoping that people would find withdrawal difficult n thus stay on suboxone for longer ?

Yea I've said that making doses under 2mg would be admitting that it causes way more dependence than they initially said. On one hand, making smaller doses would open up the market for people being on it for the longer full taper, but on the other hand it may make doctors skeptical to prescribe it if they now know how fragile the tapering process must be to be successful.

^ I agree with you TB.

I recently had a nurse tell me that 8mg of bupe wasn't very much at all. I quickly told her that it was way too much to be taking and that I wanted to drop to a lower dose. Now I have to jump through various hoops to actually go down on my dose just to 6mg. It's absurd to say the least. I swear I feel more normal from 4mg than 8mg. Even 4mg is overkill though.

I do wish they created 1mg and even .5mg bupe pills though for people who don't have accesses to an accurate scale or do not understand volumetric dosing.

I really don't understand what the deal is with these medical "professionals" thinking it's okay to prescribe so much suboxone... My doctor tried to start me off on THREE 8mg strips a day when I first came in with a half gram a day habit of heroin IV. When I told her that I had previously used suboxone and was able to make strips last days she looked at me in shock and in a way as if I was crazy or lying. Do these doctors not know its potency? Or are they just trying to get you hooked? Suboxone is a strong drug... You don't need much yet it seems like these doctors believe you need a lot. Baffles me.

They prescribe people high amounts, and people end up believing that's how much they actually need...those of us who've actually bothered to experiment with the drug know what's really going on...If it works at all for you, nobody needs more than 8....but it takes several days to really work for a lot of us....but for a pill user, they'll give them 24 mg, and they actually think its what they need...."I was doing 200mg a day of oxy!"

My grandmother's sewing circle does 200mg a day of oxy, you don't need 24mg of bupe!

^ I agree with you TB.

I recently had a nurse tell me that 8mg of bupe wasn't very much at all. I quickly told her that it was way too much to be taking and that I wanted to drop to a lower dose. Now I have to jump through various hoops to actually go down on my dose just to 6mg. It's absurd to say the least. I swear I feel more normal from 4mg than 8mg. Even 4mg is overkill though.

I do wish they created 1mg and even .5mg bupe pills though for people who don't have accesses to an accurate scale or do not understand volumetric dosing.

why must this be brought up over and over again? why can we just not say there is a right dosage for everybody!?

I have 3993993 stories when it comes to bupe; over the last 5 months nothing but good stories and my starting dosage was 24MG and dropping to 16MG a week later and then bringing myself to 8 over the course of the next 4-5 months. Dr. still has me on 12-16/daily but I only take 8 at this point.

to those saying "all you need is".. first off, get clean and say you have used subox before and have BEEN CLEAN while on it. also, hold a time where you have used both bupe and dope as one just to hold off the days were the dope man was late, or the money wasnt flowing that day. then you might have a better idea on what works, how it works, when it works, etc.

just so sick of seeing this brawl about dosing. go give a 3 gram a dope fiend 2MG bupe and see how long that helps and kill his urges.

I am PRETTY SURE that a good portion of us on here had pretty decent habits; so how can you say that such low dosing bupe does a single thing? and if you say it did, then how long did stay sober for? on bupe for? away from dope?

When I first made the switch from dope to bupe I was in a mental ward (long story); right away they started me off at 24MG and I truly and honestly NEVER felt a day of sickness, drowsiness, anything. from my last feeling or "normal" to the day I ended up in the ward on bupe; I felt MYSELF and normal. but yet I see a lot of people say when making the witch to bupe you will feel somewhat shitty at first; also waiting 24/hr after your last dope dosage, etc. these are all things that are based on the person and THAT persons background.

Status
Not open for further replies.