• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see the replies before, maybe I shouldn't have edited my prior post - I was asking if bupe pins the pupils like regular agonists.

Daveykronick, I dose 6-8 mg a day on average. Sometimes as low as 4. Except the few days I have to dose close to 20 (normally more like 16). But my tolerance was to the point that anything less than 400 mg oxy or 4-6 bags just kept me well, at the end I was doing multiple bundles a day, although in Burlington it probably wasn't the best dope around, however it was decent, my boy almost fell out from two bags of the same shit I was doing and he was a daily IV user. I'm not quite sure exactly where my tolerance lies, but if I had to guess somewhere between 120-150 mg oxy. I did get minimal effects (actually almost caught a nod once when smoking a cig) from 90 mg a few days back, and that was less than 24 hrs off bupe.

So I've got a quick question. Couldn't seem to find a solid answer via Google, so I figured I'd hit up BL to see if I could get this answered. I took like 1mg of Suboxone today at about 4pm (currently 1:30am) and I have plans to go to the bar tomorrow (technically today lol) night after work and I was wondering if I would be alright if I drank 2-3 beers. I've read a few answers on Google stating that you should not drink on Suboxone because of the possibility of a hellish hangover the next day as well as possible blocked effects of the booze, but this is the first opi that I've touched in 2 weeks and I'm not on any sort of maintenance schedule or anything like that. Just wondering if I can have my few beers without having to worry about any sort of negative side effects. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

So I've got a quick question. Couldn't seem to find a solid answer via Google, so I figured I'd hit up BL to see if I could get this answered. I took like 1mg of Suboxone today at about 4pm (currently 1:30am) and I have plans to go to the bar tomorrow (technically today lol) night after work and I was wondering if I would be alright if I drank 2-3 beers. I've read a few answers on Google stating that you should not drink on Suboxone because of the possibility of a hellish hangover the next day as well as possible blocked effects of the booze, but this is the first opi that I've touched in 2 weeks and I'm not on any sort of maintenance schedule or anything like that. Just wondering if I can have my few beers without having to worry about any sort of negative side effects. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

lol. you'll be fine, trust me. 1MG bupe and 3 beers? not a worry in the world.

Lol alright, thanks. I just wanted to be sure, because one of my buddies went off earlier about the fact that you should "never drink on sub". Then again, he's been on 8mg a day for the last year or so, so I imagine that's a completely different ballgame.

thats actually the same ball game; I was scripted 24MG/day before and could still have 2-3 beers w/o a problem in the world. same goes for 16/MG, 8/MG and 1/MG.. really depends on the person and their tolerance for both bupe and alcohol. 1MG bupe is not much of a concern regardless; same goes for 3 beers! if you took 24MG/bupe and then drink 6-10 vodka drinks, then yea, you may have quite the buzz on.

Fuck suboxone indeed. I have slowly reduced my dose in small increments from 16mg to .3mg. Basically I have dropped 1mg per fortnight. Heroin was much easier to withdrawal from & starting suboxone is probably one of the biggest regrets of my life. The doctor who first prescribed me would not answer any of my questions (and treated me like a trouble-maker for wanting to understand & have say in my own treatment) so I was naive & unaware that its was more about biomedical control than the wellbeing of drug users. It took years for my pharmacist to treat me with respect & I lost friends who wrote me of as a junkie even though I was still the nice decent person they knew for years. It is this stigma that has been the hardest part for me dealing with suboxone... and although I'll deal with physical pain & discomfort of withdrawing, it is the easier part.

Dont mean to but in and hijack your convo, but my two-cents worth is:

I wish you all the best, and please don't worry, once you've reduced back, give yourself a few days to a week and you'll start to feel good again and less side affects. I used to wake up with aching knees (like a toothache kind of feeling in the knee), extremely stiff and painful back, my head felt too heavy for my body, was lethargic and constantly tired, felt empty and like life was a chore just to "exist," however, the down side of cutting down is I've started switching moods and taking things people say, way out of context again, whereas on 12mg I was stable in that department, so it all swings some round abouts.

Exercise seemed to balance these kinds of issues out for me once upon a time when I was forced to go clean. They don't provide maintenance therapy in Queensland prisons for men, they are allowed to because they dose women, a few guys did the wrong thing and like every decision made in the Queensland Dictatorship they just banned it rather than thinking of a way to resolve the problem for the majority who do the right thing. (Queensland is one of the few modern liberal democracies to have no senate/upper house to keep check on the power of the Premier, the premier and his men can say something in the morning and have it in law lickety split if it benefits their power grabs and prestige and their rich mining mates from China and India but if its a social welfare issue it goes to review and committee and is buries never to be heard of again. They did this recently with the Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act 2013 (Qld) look it up if anyone is interested in how modern governments did not learn anything from WWII and still enact legislation that can hand total authority to the state to discriminate and subject citizens to extraordinary punitive measures, sure these guys might not misuse it but there is nothing preventing future governments from misusing it, look it up its a hoot!)

Anyway off point, thing is I get the lack of self confidence, the aches, the blues, social paranoia and that feeling of "being in the matrix" when I miss a dose, dose irregularly or drop too quickly, but on this occasion after getting locked up and realising there was nothing coming my way regards to maintenance or other therapy I started exercising, well got addicted to exercising and the neurochemical response kept all the negative shit at bay. I actually felt that I had control of my life despite being incarcerated and the future was just peachy, I messed up on release but its different this time cause I know what I need to do should I get to a point where I want to cut free again, not ready right now. Took a bit of effort to get going but once the ball was rolling I would near on "hang out" if I didn't at least run 2 or 3 klms a day. Having said all this prison is an environment where this kind of thing has a better chance of working because of the removal of stumbling blocks, outside life-style stresses (prison has its own unique set of stresses, and i'm sure Queensland prisons are very different animals to US supermax or federal prisons) and distractions. Not keen to go back cause prison sucks on so many levels but I learned much about the benefit of an exercise regime when making the transition from opiates and subs to clean living.

Cheers Chriso.

thats actually the same ball game; I was scripted 24MG/day before and could still have 2-3 beers w/o a problem in the world. same goes for 16/MG, 8/MG and 1/MG.. really depends on the person and their tolerance for both bupe and alcohol. 1MG bupe is not much of a concern regardless; same goes for 3 beers! if you took 24MG/bupe and then drink 6-10 vodka drinks, then yea, you may have quite the buzz on.

I agree with this. When I was on 8mg suboxone last year I went through a phrase of drinking either a large bottle of vkdka a noght ( with pop like cola) or 2-3 bottles of wine. I was fine HOWEVER I would not go doing that - I was just lucky n with this being a harm reduction site, it would be wrong of me to encourage that type of abuse.

I would say that as long as you're careful, pace yourself you'll be ok. If you're really concerned may have a glass of watr now n then throughout the nite. I hope you enjoy the night.

Evey

Depends on the person really on 1ng bupe for me I cannot get drunk at all if I drink 6 rum and cokes or beers I may get a little dizzy and get a bad stomach ache but I don't get any euphoria or enjoyable effects from alcohol anymore since being in sub. I've drank on other opiates no problem but sub just makes it not enjoyable at all the last time I drank some rum and cokes I was so dehydrated for a week afterwards I couldn't drink enough water to quench my thirst.

The higher dose of sub you are on the more dangerous it gets but you also get even less enjoyable effects as the bupe is already putting a strain on the body in huge doses 8+mgs and it blocks euphoria from hitting you both from the sub itself and the booze. If you did 24mgs and drank a lot of beer the most you can expect to feel is shitty with a few people being exceptions cause their body reacts to the drug differently

Last edited:
I use bupe to take breaks... I typically use around 60 to 120 mg hydro/oxicodone or 20 opana snorted.
an 8hour mg sub can last me a week. By day 3 I feel pretty normal but I have a constant headache. If I take more sub, it feels exactly the same so no sense in taking more.

Any ideas that can help get rid of this headache?

How much sub a day about 1mgs?
That's already a pretty low dose usually high doses 4+mgs will cause these headaches all I did was take ibuprofen or acetaminophen when I was on 8mgs a day and it worked. Now I only use 1mg a day so I no longer get these side effects but you are probably sensitive to the naloxone in the Suboxone which causes you headaches.

How do you use the sub's? IV, Sublingually, snorted or plugged? Your ROA can determine how .much naloxone make it in your body big time.

Also sub's dehydrate you a lot so drink 1-2 gallons of water per day if your taking sub.
Sometimes it can be the simpelist solution.

ehh, screw it. i guess i'll just wait a few days before i drink just to be on the safe side. i'm leaving on a short trip on tuesday and i really don't want to feel like shit during the long ride there.

Fuck suboxone indeed. I have slowly reduced my dose in small increments from 16mg to .3mg. Basically I have dropped 1mg per fortnight. Heroin was much easier to withdrawal from & starting suboxone is probably one of the biggest regrets of my life. The doctor who first prescribed me would not answer any of my questions (and treated me like a trouble-maker for wanting to understand & have say in my own treatment) so I was naive & unaware that its was more about biomedical control than the wellbeing of drug users. It took years for my pharmacist to treat me with respect & I lost friends who wrote me of as a junkie even though I was still the nice decent person they knew for years. It is this stigma that has been the hardest part for me dealing with suboxone... and although I'll deal with physical pain & discomfort of withdrawing, it is the easier part.

I know what you mean. I've become a very weird person after a few years of drug use (mostly opioids and benzodiazepines). People can't understand that I've got no hidden bad intentions or that it's not that I don't want to talk to them, but I'm in such a bad shape that I'd rather not have anyone see me. I've just started tapering off Suboxone for good as I think I don't need it any more. So far it was no pain to decrease the dose from 10-12mg to 4mg, but I was taking it irregular doses for a few weeks, higher than I was supposed to take, so I guess there's still a lot of buprenorphine in me from those past doses. I've got a positive attitude though, I can literally feel with a single higher dose like 4mg that it does more bad than good, it numbs me emotionally and it makes me depressed, so I decided to quit once and for all. And I'm afraid of the lower doses like less than 2mg, I think that's when the nightmare is going to start.

How much sub a day about 1mgs?
That's already a pretty low dose usually high doses 4+mgs will cause these headaches all I did was take ibuprofen or acetaminophen when I was on 8mgs a day and it worked. Now I only use 1mg a day so I no longer get these side effects but you are probably sensitive to the naloxone in the Suboxone which causes you headaches.

How do you use the sub's? IV, Sublingually, snorted or plugged? Your ROA can determine how .much naloxone make it in your body big time.

I get the orange films, so under the tongue (btw, that taste is either awesome, if you are kicking and you know relief is on its way, or nasty because it's been sitting in your gym bag waiting for that day when you run out of your doc).

I've taken enough excedrine ect that it should work, lots of water cleanish diet, exercise ect, headache persists. A couple drinks after work helps a tad.

Does anyone know if bupe pins the pupils like a regular mu agonist? I think my question got lost.

As a side note, I've been reading the megathreads, almost done with 4.0, great reading material!

Yep bupe sure does do that.
Any qustiosn you don't get answered on here feel free to PM me I don't mind:)

Does anyone know if bupe pins the pupils like a regular mu agonist? I think my question got lost.

As a side note, I've been reading the megathreads, almost done with 4.0, great reading material!
depends on person, for me no. at no matter the dose. just wont cut it my though is tjust barely touches the mu receptor..

Status
Not open for further replies.