• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to the Buprenex question in the last thread...

It only seems to work for (moderate) pain only if you wait long enough to where you forgot that it worked (the previous time) Therefor it doesnt do well w/ any kind of chronic pain.

They wont use it in E.R. settings here either, its almost as though they dont want it known as a pain reliever at any level, but just a withdrawal med' now. But they'll pump you full of Toradol until you get hives and are bleeding inside

Oh, I guess your allergic to NSAIDS...sorry (if yer lucky)

Last edited:
I started on 12mg subutex (which im beginning to think is stronger in its effects than suboxone as i felt so zonked n nauseous i had to lie down down first few days) also fm codeine /DHC and fm UK.

In reply to the Buprenex question in the last thread...

It only seems to work for (moderate) pain only if you wait long enough to where you forgot that it worked (the previous time) Therefor it doent do well w/ any kind of chronic pain.

They wont use it in E.R. settings here either, its almost as though they dont want it known as a pain reliever at any level, but just a withdrawal med' now. But they'll pump you full of Toradol until you get hives and are bleeding inside

Oh, I guess your allergic to NSAIDS...sorry (if yer lucky)

Who needs to worry about addiction when you are dead from a Toradol reaction?

It is a wonder that it gets no use for it s painkiller benefits. You would think they could Rx it or give it in ERs when some type of pain control was justified, but things like morphine, dilaudid and fentanyl are probably too strong.

Hi Guys,

Just stopping by to say hi. All is well, no opies no sub. I've also kicked all else I was doing including the addys. I stopped the xanax 3-4 days ago and just couldn't sleep, then last night I took .25 xanax( after at least 72 hours without) and slept for 7 hours. I've tired melatonin and clonidine and trazadone. All 3 together= 3 hours sleep. One little crumb of xanax .25mg = 7 hours. WTH? Anyways other than that things ok. Little sluggish since I quit the addys but it's expected.

Again thanks for the support in the past.

I can't remember asking before i only asked as it was in the conversation.

I think he meant in general how you've asked about things that can easily be found via google. Ex: what are suboxone strips?

just dropped down to 6MG the last 2 days and have barely noticed a changed. from 12 to 8 I felt a bit groggy but the 8 to 6 isnt bad, as of yet. I dont think it should have much of an affect but we'll see. I'd like to get down to 4MG and just talk my morning dosage and be done for the day. at first I didnt think I was in a rush to get off the 8MG but after a week I felt why not. we'll see, tho. I'll def.go back up to 8MG if I start having cravings or ideas of the drug. as of now everything is cool, tho.

You should be fine with the drop, and if anything you would probably notice it a little after 2-3 days since the half-life is so long.

For your future dosage reductions you might want to consider doing it like this:
When going down to 4mg from 6mg take the 4mg in the morning, then the other 2mg at night, then on the next day just take the morning dose, and alternate taking/skipping the 2mg additional nightly dose for maybe a week until you stabilize at the lower dose. As said the dosage decreases aren't bad until you get below 2mg usually, so maybe keep that method in mind for when that time comes, but probably with a 1mg reduction at that point.

I can't remember asking before i only asked as it was in the conversation.

I'm almost positive that either in the last suboxone thread, or another thread somewhere, you asked what kratom was, and got a bunch of replies. I remember specifically because as I did just now when you said it.. "google".

I had a very similar experience to you: when I came down to 2 mg, all those old cravings just came flooding back. I've got a decent keyworker, he's been very helpful, but I only get to see him once a month. They want to begin my taper within months, so I'm kinda getting ready for a big thing, so cheers for the offer to talk about stuff like this.

You should be fine with the drop, and if anything you would probably notice it a little after 2-3 days since the half-life is so long.

For your future dosage reductions you might want to consider doing it like this:
When going down to 4mg from 6mg take the 4mg in the morning, then the other 2mg at night, then on the next day just take the morning dose, and alternate taking/skipping the 2mg additional nightly dose for maybe a week until you stabilize at the lower dose. As said the dosage decreases aren't bad until you get below 2mg usually, so maybe keep that method in mind for when that time comes, but probably with a 1mg reduction at that point.

good to know. this is why I like be months ahead of the Dr. I'll have the "extras" I'll need come end. even a buddy of mine would just bit a piece of his bupe per morning. 8MG would last 2-3 weeks he said. he got off bupe w/ NO PROBLEM! so it was good to see/hear that. he's been clear for years now. although, I dont think his habit was too bad .

I had a very similar experience to you: when I came down to 2 mg, all those old cravings just came flooding back. I've got a decent keyworker, he's been very helpful, but I only get to see him once a month. They want to begin my taper within months, so I'm kinda getting ready for a big thing, so cheers for the offer to talk about stuff like this.

sorry to hear this.

this is my OTHER reason why I stay far ahead of Dr's orders. I like to have the "extra" bupe laying around in-case the Dr. thinks my last dose is 2 or even 1MG; cuz thats surly not how I plan to get off. I will be taking bits and pieces daily just to get by until my transition is basically perfection; hoping not to feel a difference at all. we'll see, tho. pray for me. I have a LONG way to go anyway.. but let's start praying early.

I wish you all the best with your reduction, and there's no frigging way I'm dropping from 2: that's rough by many accounts. They have started scripting the 2 like every other day, and let you cut the 2 mg pills yourself, but I still think there should be a microgram-range bupe pill for a painless transition. Good luck though, mate;I'll soon be beginning my reduction, as well. (Although not for a few months).

^^

Yeah they made 4 and 12mg strips.. but what they really should have made was .5's and .25's. It would make the tapering process 100x easier if you could get a full size strip that's only .5 or .25, and be able to cut that into a bunch of pieces for literally microscopic doses.

I never feel like I've got much from those strips; they just disappear so quickly and I dont get the "feel" that they were taken correctly.

at least now w/ just one pill its a lot easier to take and goes quick.

for on generic bupe, do you prefer the white or the orange? which do you thinks goes faster? taste better? better feel?

Hey guys so I've been on maintenance for almost a month now, I'm on 11.4 mgs of zubsolv (16mgs of suboxone equivalent) and I wanna try tapering down now, what would you guys suggest I try moving down to? I was thinking I'd drop to 8.5mgs zubsolv (12mg suboxone equivalent). Sound good?

Hey guys so I've been on maintenance for almost a month now, I'm on 11.4 mgs of zubsolv (16mgs of suboxone equivalent) and I wanna try tapering down now, what would you guys suggest I try moving down to? I was thinking I'd drop to 8.5mgs zubsolv (12mg suboxone equivalent). Sound good?

I found tapering sub pretty easy, till it got to 2mg. I started at 12mg and slashed it down to 4mg in the first month. I went from 12mg to 6mg without feeling any change. Maybe you could cut your dose in half (that would still be 8 mg sub equivalent) and see if you even feel a difference...you could always take more if you need it.
I really felt better at lower doses.
Do you want to taper off fairly quickly?

Id like to, i just don't wanna find myself jonesin for a hit... cuz it happened to me before i got on maintenance and when i start jonesin nothing stops me from getting a fix, ill drive all the way to the city i used to score/live in, 1.5 hours away, without a second thought... i don't wanna get that way..

Id like to, i just don't wanna find myself jonesin for a hit... cuz it happened to me before i got on maintenance and when i start jonesin nothing stops me from getting a fix, ill drive all the way to the city i used to score/live in, 1.5 hours away, without a second thought... i don't wanna get that way..

If you're afraid you'll start getting uncontrollable cravings, I wouldn't be in such a rush to taper off of bupe just yet. Is there a reason you want to taper already?

I mean if there's even a chance that you could relapse, you'd be best advised to stay on doses that will continue to fully block a full agonist until you're further along in your recovery, IMO.

I found tapering sub pretty easy, till it got to 2mg. I started at 12mg and slashed it down to 4mg in the first month. I went from 12mg to 6mg without feeling any change. Maybe you could cut your dose in half (that would still be 8 mg sub equivalent) and see if you even feel a difference...you could always take more if you need it.
I really felt better at lower doses.
Do you want to taper off fairly quickly?

I feel tapering after 2 mg isn't so hard, but you just gotta put the breaks on a bit. You are no longer gonna drop substantial amounts without noticing. Go to 1.75 for a 4 days, maybe a week. Then 1.5, 1.25, 1, .75, .5, .4, .3, .25, .2, etc.. Real gradual and its not bad, I think 3-4 days is ideal for each taper level. If you are feeling good about it maybe go quicker or if not take a few more days at a level. You can't rationalize that you went 12 to 8 or 4 to 3 with no problem so 2 to 1 shouldn't be hard.

ha. these recent posts are making me kind of skeptical about sticking relatively close to prescribed doses after my latest od. i always started at like 2 or 1 before bc the first few days always kind of sucked regardless, and in roughly the same amount of time i could stabilize on that and taper (or just drop after a couple weeks). this time i'm actually trying to stay closer to the 8 i'm prescribed (so 4 sometimes, but either way it's much more than i'm used to). my doctor is literally like shocked that i'm being maintained on 8- he calls it "low dose suboxone." wow. i guess i'm trying to start caring about living again and all that, so if 8 kills some cravings and keeps me from relapsing or oding or whatever, i should be glad for now. ugh. recovery. it never ends.

I feel tapering after 2 mg isn't so hard, but you just gotta put the breaks on a bit. You are no longer gonna drop substantial amounts without noticing. Go to 1.75 for a 4 days, maybe a week. Then 1.5, 1.25, 1, .75, .5, .4, .3, .25, .2, etc.. Real gradual and its not bad, I think 3-4 days is ideal for each taper level. If you are feeling good about it maybe go quicker or if not take a few more days at a level. You can't rationalize that you went 12 to 8 or 4 to 3 with no problem so 2 to 1 shouldn't be hard.

I stopped suboxone last April...
I said it was fairly easy to get to 2mg...not that it was hard to taper under 2mg...

Status
Not open for further replies.