• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^You always wanna talk shit about how much dope you shot, and how long you've been doing it...well, here's my turn!

I've been shooting heroin since 1997...I didn't start off on oxy, I shot heroin from the start, before Suboxone was even prescribed in the fucking US!

Not to mention, I've lived all over the country and had heroin habits in multiple states...I was probably on Suboxone maintenance before you even took your first pill! So, you wanna dicksize, let's dicksize bitch! You've never left Mass, and you're experience is extremely limited!

Not to put down any Oxy users...IMO, a habit is a habit....but trust me, if bupe works for you at all,you don't need more than 8!

Explain again why you think different!

^You always wanna talk shit about how much dope you shot, and how long you've been doing it...well, here's my turn!

I've been shooting heroin since 1997...I didn't start off on oxy, I shot heroin from the start, before Suboxone was even prescribed in the fucking US!

Not to mention, I've lived all over the country and had heroin habits in multiple states...I was probably on Suboxone maintenance before you even took your first pill! So, you wanna dicksize, let's dicksize bitch! You've never left Mass, and you're experience is extremely limited!

Not to put down any Oxy users...IMO, a habit is a habit....but trust me, if bupe works for you at all,you don't need more than 8!

Explain again why you think different!

I think it's different because I SEE PEOPLE FAIL MISERABLY DAILY! I see people buy from the street just to survive days missed; I did that myself. I would dose myself w/ 4MG in the AM and shoot come PM and be jammed. I think at first youre better riding the dosage HIGH than a LOW dosage just because a guy who's been around the block says so. I am NOT ONE to say Dr's are always right, because I am not even following Dr. orders now, but there must be a reason behind it all, no?

I like how we are comparing habits.. OK, so mine started in 99 on 80's and moved to dope 2-3 years later. I was also 5 years clean over the years, too. wow, you used dope all over the country? that AUTOMATICALLY MEANS YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT BUPE dosing; cuz it's not like I've used bupe since it first hit the market and have taken enough fucking classes/meetings on the drug its as if I am a fucking Dr. who can write scripts myself.

I'll never understand the.. IT WORKS DIFFERENT FOR ALL!

people can start at 4MG a day and be steady; people can start at 24MG/day and still be shaking. who the fuck knows. everyone is different. I honestly dont care anymore cuz this convo is so old.

^You're the one who has to keep starting shit over this time and time again!

CONGRATS Cap,
For me it was the opposite..the physical stuff was over by week three or four, but the mental lasted months. I still have issues with sleep and motivation and I'm 8 months out. But it's been well worth it.

Thanks Ziggy! I was really unhappy with living life on buprenorphine all the time. So, this second time I tried to go without Suboxone, I knew I could make it through this nightmarish living hell as long as I kept my mind to it.

I did a bit of meditation on the source of my compulsive drive to keep using - and best of all, I did some soul searching and work on myself so that I am not going to be suffering from all of the same problems that afflicted me prior to getting onto Suboxone.

<-- 26 days of NO SUBOXONE! I am so proud of myself.

Well done CH. how do you deal with cravings etc? Do you have an after care system in place? I know I have to get off suboxone sometime this year n I'm really frightened. Not just of the WD but I'm frightened I will go back to opiates. In that respect I don 't think suboxone is such a good thing as I'm ok now but I'm frightened that my world will come crashing down n that I'll be as before. Every day I read on here someone has detoxed / stayed off suboxone n I have amazing admiration for anyone who has.

I really don't know if I made the right decision going on suboxone n I think that's why I get defensive when people challenge it. I'm angry at myself that I couldn't get off codeine when people are detoxing off H / suboxone ffs. And I feel trapped n tbh I've never been so frightened in my whole life. I don't want to be addicted n I know I have to get off this n really don't know.
I'm really scared :(

^The good news is you can just stay on it if you have to.....Its not the end of the world!

LESS IS MORE WITH SUB...that's just a fact. People feel better on a lower dose once they are out of a active addiction phase.
I suppose if your still shooting dope in the PM after taking 4mg in the AM it's better to be on a high dose to block the dope...but it appears 2mg is plenty to keep most people out of WD after stabilizing and tapering ...no madder what your habit was.
We haven't talked about what the ceiling is...taking more than say 6-8mg is a waste, due to the drugs ceiling. I know the ceiling can be varied depending on who's taking it, and the ceiling is lower than R&B stated,but does anyone know what research says as far as the numbers?

Thanks Ziggy! I was really unhappy with living life on buprenorphine all the time. So, this second time I tried to go without Suboxone, I knew I could make it through this nightmarish living hell as long as I kept my mind to it.

I did a bit of meditation on the source of my compulsive drive to keep using - and best of all, I did some soul searching and work on myself so that I am not going to be suffering from all of the same problems that afflicted me prior to getting onto Suboxone.

<-- 26 days of NO SUBOXONE! I am so proud of myself.

You should be DAMN proud of yourself. Quitting sub was the hardest thing I ever did. I went to NA meetings the first 6weeks just to get out of the house. For me the physical wasn't too terrible, but boredom, anxiety and lack of sleep can really wear you down.
I found walking daily and meditation help...but it's a ongoing struggle...
Dope...the gift that just keeps giving!:p

^The good news is you can just stay on it if you have to.....Its not the end of the world!

My drug n alcohol service are not going to let me have it forever n I don't want to be dependent on suboxone or any drug for the rest of my life lol

Well, here in the good old US of A, if you got the money, you can stay hooked as long as you want!

^ I agree with you TB.

I recently had a nurse tell me that 8mg of bupe wasn't very much at all.

Well i don't want to alarm anyone, but there are a lot of stupid and ignorant nurses out there. Oh and did I mention a lot of them are know-it-alls, too.

I really don't understand what the deal is with these medical "professionals" thinking it's okay to prescribe so much suboxone... My doctor tried to start me off on THREE 8mg strips a day when I first came in with a half gram a day habit of heroin IV. When I told her that I had previously used suboxone and was able to make strips last days she looked at me in shock and in a way as if I was crazy or lying. Do these doctors not know its potency? Or are they just trying to get you hooked? Suboxone is a strong drug... You don't need much yet it seems like these doctors believe you need a lot. Baffles me.

I don't even think its as much the fact that it is a strong drug(though it is stronger than it is given credit for), but the fact that you know that after a certain point there is little reason to dose higher. I will be getting back on it soon. Some of the recent times when transitioning to Subs I made the mistake of sucking down 2 to 4 mg every couple hours, thinking it will do something. But in the long run it seems to do nothing more after the initial 4 mg or so. I might get an hour of very mild relief once each redose hits peak levels, but after that its back to the same(that could be placebo, too). End up wasting a bunch over the first 3 days where it doesn't matter how much I take because the ceiling effect won't match my tolerance. By day 4 it about evens out, and from days 1 to 3 it improves. But in that withdrawal mind state you are trying anything to get better, so its hard not to think taking 8 mg will help when at 4 mg you are still pretty uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Well, here in the good old US of A, if you got the money, you can stay hooked as long as you want!

Suboxone is free here but they try to get you off after a few years of being on it. And you have a key worker who you see two-weekly for support

Bad ass is right!
Kicking sub to the curb is about the hardest thing a person can do...
Your "Capt Bad Ass" Now!

Thanks guys!

I'm hoping to be 100% back to "homeostasis" (if possible) in due time.

I really was 100% OK with being on Suboxone for life (in order not to relapse) - it turns out we are all much stronger than we can comprehend in any one moment. This applied to me too so I tried out quitting until I got some good results.

You can ALL do it in time - I promise. :)

To everyone who has gotten onto Suboxone and left heroin behind - thank you - you all deserve happiness <3<3<3

To everyone who has gotten off Suboxone after the full agonist -> Suboxone transition - thank you even more - I am glad to have so many role models in BOTH of these categories right here!!! <3

Yea the mind is powerful n tricks us into thinking we're weaker than we are. It's the same with exercise etc - you think you can't do it you think you're going to die but in reality you're getting stronger.
I wish you the best of ch, you forget you two are an inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.