• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think disparity in BA of oral to parenteral routes is even greater with oxymorphone than with heroin. Its got a real garbage oral BA, like 15%, while nasal is something like 40-50. Pretty similar to heroin, which I think is around 25 oral compared to around 55 nasal.

I use to love oxymorphone, the 40 mg opanas seemed like a godsend when they were around for a short while. Considering I could get 1 for less than an OC 80 and it lasted as long as 2-1/2 of them.

opanas were around here? where if you dont mind me asking? also, how long ago? I never got the offer on one. also, when you're talking about the 80's are you talking about the old school 80's or the garbage time release shit out today?

Yeah I went through a period where I was IV'ing a lot of oxymorphone. I didn't hit me as hard as hydromorphone.. I like the dilaudid better. But the Opanas had longer legs.

Still though.. I'd take good dope over both.

dude, I hear SOOOO MUCH about dilaudid and whatnot, but when I was scripted it did SHIT!

check it, this is coming from my medical records (I always look up scripts; past scripts, whats ready, up and coming scripts).

Hydromorphone HCL
2 MG TABLET As directed , 1-2 tabs po q4-6 hrs prn severe pain; Dispensed: 40 Tablet(s)

now, OF COURSE, those were FAR from taken as directed. and those were given to me shortly after I had a surgery but STILL had a gram+ day dope habit. I picked up the script and took 16MG immediately. did some reading and realized 16MG is nothing. so I took another 24MG a half hour later. now realize I just picked up this script and its 40 pills and 20 are gone an hour into it. so time goes on and I feel OK but not NODDING or DOSING OFF type dope high; so I throw down another 12MG and started to feel good. anyway, come the next day the script was gone and the Dr. got a cal back and I told him I lost the script, ha. he REFILLED and I repeated the following day. then had ONE REFILL a month later and played it the same way.

all and all I thought no comparison to dope. although, everyone says its right there w/ it. at the time I truly was going through pain since I just had a brain tumor removed so that MAY have taken the edge but the days I did dope I still felt great; but thats when my dope habit sky rocketed due to REAL PAIN issues and DOPE ISSUES!

opanas were around here? where if you dont mind me asking? also, how long ago? I never got the offer on one. also, when you're talking about the 80's are you talking about the old school 80's or the garbage time release shit out today?

I just knew someone, who knew someone who had a script for them. But then the person I knew went to jail and I haven't heard about him since. At that time I think it was around when the OPs were the most available. But I was always getting a mixed bag of things back then, sometimes the old OCs could be had or roxi 30 & 15s, OC 20s & 10s...seemed to be a lot more random pills around back then.

I actually got my hands on some of the abuse proof opanas that they started making after the good old ones. Those things are the fort knox of unabusable medication. I sat there for about 10 minutes trying to grind 1 down on a callous remover and it barely dented the thing. Seems the only way people succeed in breaking them down is using a dremel tool.

Everything I have heard about dilaudid seems to say that its garbage unless you shoot it, seems its all about the rush with them. I've only tried it once, Had 2 of the 4 mg ones. If I shot then i would've most certainly done em that way, but I don't so I broke them down and snorted, was not impressed. I was using dope, so I did them first thing in morning before any dope to get a could feel for it. Made me feel better, but not high, so I got high right after. They are small pills, but they broke up into a lot of powder, so much filler I knew snorting it was probably a waste but I got them for free and it only 8 mg so I didn't care. Probably should have plugged them in hindsight.

Last edited:
dude, I hear SOOOO MUCH about dilaudid and whatnot, but when I was scripted it did SHIT!

check it, this is coming from my medical records (I always look up scripts; past scripts, whats ready, up and coming scripts).

Hydromorphone HCL
2 MG TABLET As directed , 1-2 tabs po q4-6 hrs prn severe pain; Dispensed: 40 Tablet(s)

now, OF COURSE, those were FAR from taken as directed. and those were given to me shortly after I had a surgery but STILL had a gram+ day dope habit. I picked up the script and took 16MG immediately. did some reading and realized 16MG is nothing. so I took another 24MG a half hour later. now realize I just picked up this script and its 40 pills and 20 are gone an hour into it. so time goes on and I feel OK but not NODDING or DOSING OFF type dope high; so I throw down another 12MG and started to feel good. anyway, come the next day the script was gone and the Dr. got a cal back and I told him I lost the script, ha. he REFILLED and I repeated the following day. then had ONE REFILL a month later and played it the same way.

all and all I thought no comparison to dope. although, everyone says its right there w/ it. at the time I truly was going through pain since I just had a brain tumor removed so that MAY have taken the edge but the days I did dope I still felt great; but thats when my dope habit sky rocketed due to REAL PAIN issues and DOPE ISSUES!

The hype about dilaudid is from the very strong rush it provides when IV'ed.

that was my problem then; I had the 2MG pills and to even shoot as much as I would have needed would have been a hassle, right? I was shooing a half gram shots at the time and going through a gram/gram and a half a day then; so what would my dilaudid shot need to be? would it have even been possible to break down that many 2MG pills and shoot? I hate shooting pills. only did it a few times; just easier when its already in powder. anyone else like that? /

I actually got my hands on some of the abuse proof opanas that they started making after the good old ones. Those things are the fort knox of unabusable medication. I sat there for about 10 minutes trying to grind 1 down on a callous remover and it barely dented the thing. Seems the only way people succeed in breaking them down is using a dremel tool.

do you know the whole freezer trick w/ the new oxy's and opanas? I forget exactly what it is but if you take off the time release, then freeze, then microwave and THEN break, it crumbles like a cookie. not sure if thats the EXACT method but I had to do it ONCE before and it was something like that. you can google that and it will pop up everywhere. some people STUCK to the new 80's, esp. since they are HALF the price of what original 80's were; so they found the NEW way to sniff/shooting. although, I hear most people sniffing those w/ the way I mentioned to break. I dont know ANYONE who shot the new 80s.

that was my problem then; I had the 2MG pills and to even shoot as much as I would have needed would have been a hassle, right? I was shooing a half gram shots at the time and going through a gram/gram and a half a day then; so what would my dilaudid shot need to be? would it have even been possible to break down that many 2MG pills and shoot? I hate shooting pills. only did it a few times; just easier when its already in powder. anyone else like that? /

Dilaudid is actually very soluble in water. The pills break down pretty easy so you can fit a good amount into a 1ml rig. To bring the conversation back to suboxone, I was on a large dilaudid bender one time before I tried switching to subs. I was doing around 32mg's in a shot and had to ween way down before trying to get on the bupe.

dude, what are you using to shoot/hold 16 2MG pills!? thats a lot of powder; its that water soluble, huh? or are you taking about 8MG pills.

^^

I'd just use a big spoon. I normally had the 8mg pills. I've had the 2's before too. They both break down pretty easy.

... i got quite nice highs from Dillies before my IV days by snorting them... I always used tonic water and downed cimetidine, followed by 100-150mg of Benadryll. 45 min after all that i would take 4-6mg at a time and break them down on my mirror and make tiny lines (tiny lines make you take time, giving the stuff better chance to absorb). Sure it was tedious. but i promise you i was that guy at the party who couldn't fuckin stand upright haha. (Even funnier, i was the "DD" for the night. Great fuckin idea) 8)

thats a good designated driver right there. ha. 6MG dil followed by tonic water, cimetidine and 150MG benedryl? whats a whacky fucking combo, man. and breaking them down into small little lines? thats a whole other topic there. I bet the benadryl is more of the reason for you nodding in and out. 6MG of that cant be that bad. what was your habit like elsewhere? I remember before you said you had a .5 gram day habit.

The hype about dilaudid is from the very strong rush it provides when IV'ed.

Yeah, they're a waste of time taken any other way IMO, and pretty much a waste of time if you do H, unless you have a bunch sitting there for free...

I was hooked up to dilaudid at the hospital but the dosage could not have been much; although, following the first 2 days of surgery (esp day one) I have NO FUCKING CLUE what was going on. the doc knew I had a killer dope habit so when they put me out they knew my dosing would have to be a bit higher than the rest. same goes for the aftercare when laying bedside and pushing that button every 20 mins on the DOT for more pain relief. imagine always being hooked up to a machine and just pressing a button for a SHOT each and every time!

thats a good designated driver right there. ha. 6MG dil followed by tonic water, cimetidine and 150MG benedryl? whats a whacky fucking combo, man. and breaking them down into small little lines? thats a whole other topic there. I bet the benadryl is more of the reason for you nodding in and out. 6MG of that cant be that bad. what was your habit like elsewhere? I remember before you said you had a .5 gram day habit.
It gave me really nice legs and quite a euphoric opiate high too, this was back in the beginning before I graduated to IV dope hehe

The good opanas came and went very quickly before they were changed to the 'tamper-resistant' formulation. I'm talking just a 2 year window of the good ones becoming popular and being around before they turned to shit with the new formulation. It was like 2010 - 2012 that they were all the rave, and shortly after the OxyContin changed formulas the Opanas followed suit.

I was hearing a lot about the Opanas in 2010-2011, and when I graduated from college in 2011 and retuned home I actually came across some my first week back, then got 2 more in the fall of 2011 and that was it. The weird thing about the old formulation was that the 10's gelled up more than the 40's making the latter easier to abuse. With the 10s you had to sniff a tiny bit at a time and then blow your nose once you absorbed the first line and were ready for another line, but with the 40s you could just sniff the whole thing with no problem.

Another dangerous factor with Opana was the widely varying BA based on the different ROAs. The oral BA was only 10% but then the intransal was 40% so you were getting 4x as much opana by sniffing it, which causes a lot of issues for the sniffers when they changed to the new formulation that prevented you from sniffing it. Along with the large increase in BA between the ROAs it was a very potent drug so if you tried sniffing the same dose that you usually ate you could be in dangerous territory. When you throw IV in the mix it's even more dangerous especially for those that took it orally before trying to IV it given that they would be getting a 10-fold increase in BA, along with getting the full dose all at once.

I'm sure that the majority of the people that switched to IVing it were already sniffing it rather than taking it orally, so in that case the increase in BA was similar to that of heroin with the person getting a little over 2x the dose that they would get when sniffed, so I'm sure that you can see how that caused a lot of overdoses for those that had not done the proper research on the drug and didn't adjust their dose accordingly in respect to the BA.

And finally, yet another issue with Opana was how much it increased people's tolerances. I've never heard people blame a drug for jacking their tolerance up the way that people did with opana. I think that one of the reasons for this was that although it was very potent I think that most people found it to be less euphoric than other opiates / opioids such as heroin and oxycodone, so they would take larger doses of opana than its equivalent in heroin or oxycodone in an attempt to get the same level of euphoria out of the drug. This would have them nodding out hard as opana was known to be one of the most sedative opioids, while it also increased the persons tolerance.

So to tie this in with suboxone (this is the suboxone mega thread after all), it was one of the more difficult opioids to transition back to bupe after abusing it for a while, due to its high potency which the ceiling dose of suboxone had a hard time covering.

Last edited:

Nope. I never had a problem injecting using the 2mg pills.

I frequently had 4mg and 8mg. One 8 ived was heaven...
Those and injectable liquid morphine and fent patches were my downfall...and the reason I had to get on methadone. The WD was nightmarish....just horrible. I cringe just thinking about it.
I worked my way back out of that nightmare using methadone first and then sub...

Status
Not open for further replies.