• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
also the patriots avi is for a bet i lost" i said if the chargers dont make it to the superbowl ill wear a pats avi,until the superbowl." with alaisdrm in sports and gaming forums.

but i was hoping they would beat the donkeys

Oh..........well at least we can both pull for the Seahawks, I wouldn't be able to tolerate sports media for a month if Peyton Manning wins the SB.

I've asked this in EADD but I'll ask here as it's about suboxone. Does anyone feel more confident on suboxone? I mean I am really socially awkward n shy but now I'm loud n find myself talking for hours. I usually HATE conflict of any sort n avoid it at all costs but yesterday I had a row with a man n called him a fucking stupid bastard ( sorry for language) n shouted at him. I WOULDNT DARE do that normally no way. And yesterday my mam said I was talking loud. Plus I've one hell of a great memory but I've been forgetting things like I'll say something n an hour later will mention the same thing n forget I've asked it. Plus I've NO patience for anyone - i'm usually impatient but lately I'm worse. Is this normal for suboxone????
Thats what it does for me, especially lately since i went form being clean 12 monthes to doing subs again i get like that n it fuckss me upp

Really? I've also had some right vivid dreams since being on subs about me dying really strange. One time I dreamt that I was falling from the sky n fell back into the 1980s as I am now. Last night I had a dream that I was dreaming n my dreams were coming a reality n stalking me. There's an element of darkness about them too. Really damn freaky....

^ I've also had a few crazy vivid dreams over the past week and wasn't sure what substance I had been taking could be contributing to them. To be honest I'm not sure they are even being cause by drugs, but it's the likely culprit.

I'm sure I dream as much as the next guy, but these were crazy because of how real they seemed. Many of them involve drugs in one way or another, but the ones that really startled me were more ominous. I can still picture how everything went down. In one of them I cut my hand on glass and I woke up right after and I could feel a cutting sensation in my hand. It sounds really stupid typing it out, but it really made me think how crazy the mind can be.

Don't want to get too deep into the dream talk in the bupe thread. I been taking about 2mg a day broken up into 2 doses and am doing OK. I'm just taking it day by day. Getting my refill tomorrow which is nice, but I don't feel like dealing with the Dr appointment bullshit.

All this talk about slip ups, I totally feel for anyone who does... If I hadn't moved back home and stayed in my college town I would have slipped up by now... Not having access to my evil best friend (ECP, aka no.4 H) definitely helps me avoid it at all costs... Though on some days I can hear it callin me.. It fuckin sucks.

As far as dreams go, I don't dream on opiates. Period. I don't know whether I like or dislike that... The only time i dream is when I take my trazodone (prescribed for my sleeping problems) and it gives me fucking nightmares... Not to mention I get this very weird sensation of my entire body tingling (same feeling as when your arm or leg falls asleep) except it's my whole body... Numb and tingly. It SUCKS.

Needless to say I avoid it. I'm gonna ask my dr. If she can switch me to something else... Anyone else here have sleep issues (also on bupe maintenance)? What are you prescribed? I have this odd problem where I get muscle spasms at night especially in bed... I'm thinking of asking my dr. to prescribe me some soma, pretty sure that'd knock me out and take care of my spasms.

Effect that doesn't sound silly at all. You're welcome to PM me if you want to talk over this further, save derailing the thread.

PKPro you're doing ace. You know if you're ever worried about craving you're welcome to talk to us all in The Dark Side (TDS). It's a subsection especially for recovery n they're a good, warm-hearted bunch of people. They have a vent thread too so you can vent away without derailing threads n so forth. Sorry if you already know this as I'm not but what I'd just mention it.

It's extremely difficult with craving n I admire anyone eho is doing it with no alternative replacement drug or low levels of suboxone where the cravings came through. I couldn't ack it n went into self-destruct mode, drinking heavily, taking huge smounts of pills to try n OD n genually annoying people. So I 'm now on 12 mg instead of 8 mg (as mentioned before) n things are sooooooo better on 12 mg. i'm exercise - I have 4 modules towards my Masters in Weight Management (I thought I was going to be thrown off the course last year my life was a shambles).

But yea as I said I admire anyone who lives every day without suboxone n has to fight cravings n PAWS etc. i really don't know know how the hell they do it but I think they're inspirations n I don't think there 's owt wrong in slipping it's what you doing after that really matters. No how many days a person has *sober* n what not.

Evey xxxx

All this talk about slip ups, I totally feel for anyone who does... If I hadn't moved back home and stayed in my college town I would have slipped up by now... Not having access to my evil best friend (ECP, aka no.4 H) definitely helps me avoid it at all costs... Though on some days I can hear it callin me.. It fuckin sucks.

As far as dreams go, I don't dream on opiates. Period. I don't know whether I like or dislike that... The only time i dream is when I take my trazodone (prescribed for my sleeping problems) and it gives me fucking nightmares... Not to mention I get this very weird sensation of my entire body tingling (same feeling as when your arm or leg falls asleep) except it's my whole body... Numb and tingly. It SUCKS.

Needless to say I avoid it. I'm gonna ask my dr. If she can switch me to something else... Anyone else here have sleep issues (also on bupe maintenance)? What are you prescribed? I have this odd problem where I get muscle spasms at night especially in bed... I'm thinking of asking my dr. to prescribe me some soma, pretty sure that'd knock me out and take care of my spasms.

Soma would probably be a good bet for the spasms. I think early on in started Subs your muscles might just be really tight and cramped up, so that could be the reason for the spasms. I haven't gotten spasms, but I get sore and my joints crack ridiculously loud at times. Unless by spasms you mean myoclonus.

I also get some lucid dreams on Subs. Seems the ones I remember are about using, too, I can't remember most but those ones I will. Well, maybe they are all about getting high in some way, but I don't remember most of them so its tough to say.

The worst thing a person can do is beat themselves up about a slip. I've had more than my share, I should know, but in reality it took every one of them to get me on maintenance and to achieve a drug free life.I do have suboxone at the ready for a weak moment and will not hesitate to to go back on that. No more heroin.

we can call my slip up a "slip up" but I had every intention on using. been GOOD since. was just fun to get back to OLD times the other day; shooting, nodding, shooting, nodding, eating, smoking, nodding, waking up at 3AM to shoot, nod back to bed.

it was good but ONLY good for that ONE DAY! I have way too much shit happening right now to be bothered by that bullshit, ya know!!?

I've only taking 4MG of bupe since my last shot and feel fine; we'll see, tho. I have no problem going back to 8MG and maybe take another 4MG later tonight depending on how I feel; we'll see.

a slip is a slip. simple and easy as that. dont go listen to NA/AA and how you have to start over again; YOU DONT! NOTHING CHANGES except that the fact you lost $100. ill just pretend I bet the Pat's that day for MORE and didnt shoot at all, ha.

either way, I dont regret the slip because here I am 2 days later and still feel IN CONTROL which makes me even happier. we'll see how things play out but for now I dont have a worry in the world and all is going right for me, so ill take it.

Boston no offence but I don't think you should be telling people not to listen to NA/AA. For some people those programmes work n are a life-saver just life suboxone is to some of us. I don't go to NA/AA myself but I wouldn't go telling people not to listen to them as that would make me a bit arogant, thinking that I know it all n that my way is the only way. Different strokes for different folks n if a certain method of recovery works for a certain person then that's ace. Whatever gets people through n gets them on an even keel then all's good. We can only advise n support people never tell them what do as we don't have that.
I'm glad you're back on track n feeling positive about your recovery.

Evey :)

we can call my slip up a "slip up" but I had every intention on using. been GOOD since. was just fun to get back to OLD times the other day; shooting, nodding, shooting, nodding, eating, smoking, nodding, waking up at 3AM to shoot, nod back to bed.

it was good but ONLY good for that ONE DAY! I have way too much shit happening right now to be bothered by that bullshit, ya know!!?

I've only taking 4MG of bupe since my last shot and feel fine; we'll see, tho. I have no problem going back to 8MG and maybe take another 4MG later tonight depending on how I feel; we'll see.

a slip is a slip. simple and easy as that. dont go listen to NA/AA and how you have to start over again; YOU DONT! NOTHING CHANGES except that the fact you lost $100. ill just pretend I bet the Pat's that day for MORE and didnt shoot at all, ha.

either way, I dont regret the slip because here I am 2 days later and still feel IN CONTROL which makes me even happier. we'll see how things play out but for now I dont have a worry in the world and all is going right for me, so ill take it.

You said all this after your first relapse... then you relapsed again almost immediately. Ha. I think you're fooling yourself, man.

You said all this after your first relapse... then you relapsed again almost immediately. Ha. I think you're fooling yourself, man.

yea, but if you remember I was pissed about the SNIFF and only a short time after the bupe; so as much as it was a slip, it wasnt a real SLIP! but Sunday was a FUNDAY SLIP! a slip that brought back the GOOD; not just the bad, ya know!??!

we'll see where it all goes from here. I am pretty secure and OK w/ myself.

Eve - stop reading too deep into what I say; legit, you PM me, message me, ask me, questions about every thing I do/say. chill, hun. you do you, remember that. I also think you are VERY NEW to this "recovery" game and also the NA/AA. lastly, I think you are a little out of your realm when it comes to the street game; as opposed to be addicted to what you were prescribed. am I wrong? did you have dealers? multiple numbers? shot up? high tolerance? every withdraw before? ever been addicted before and then drop? I understand youre new but chill a bit.

to the rest, we'll see as I said. I could not be more OPEN to this place; I am just taking this shit as is. I say what I do and always stand behind it. I am SURE I will NOT get lost in what I once did for many reasons; some are hard to understand/explain on here and also a bit more personal. but yea, Sunday was NO SLIP UP; I used cuz I wanted to blast that shit away; esp. after "using" the week before and it being a waste of money/time. so the addict in myself sold myself by saying "since you already used, why dont you REALLY use".

as long as ME, the addict, knows when the addict in me comes out, I am cool w/ that.

I am very chilled Boston. And it does not matter whether or not I had *dealers* that's quite a weak argument for what I said to you, don't you think? Addiction is addiction and opiates are opiates. What you think of my recovery is quite frankly none of my concern. I PMd you a while back - that is nothing to do with today at all. You come here n tell us of what's happened. With this being a forum I assume that you want responses n yet when people give those to you, you don't appear to like it very much.

I suggest that you read what I wrote to you again as it seems that you have somehow misinterpreted it. I was not even talking about "your recovery" but trying to SUGGEST to you that you cannot tell people what to, or not to listen to. As you may very well offend people. Because people face recovery by using different tools n to some the AA/NA movement is important so when they see you saying "do not listen to NA/AA" they may not feel happy about it. Besides people need to choose their own path n just because NA/AA wouldn't be for YOU does not mean it won't be an invaluable tool for someone else.

If my responding to you is bothering you (which I'm getting the impression that it is ) you only have to say n I'll stop communicating with you - or you could simply put me on ignore. However, I communicate with you the same way I do anyone - as a member of Bluelight who I •assumed• was after responses / advice. Is that not the point on joining a forum? If I've stepped over the mark then I apologise but I'm very much chilled thank you.

Last edited:
Soma would probably be a good bet for the spasms. I think early on in started Subs your muscles might just be really tight and cramped up, so that could be the reason for the spasms. I haven't gotten spasms, but I get sore and my joints crack ridiculously loud at times. Unless by spasms you mean myoclonus.

I also get some lucid dreams on Subs. Seems the ones I remember are about using, too, I can't remember most but those ones I will. Well, maybe they are all about getting high in some way, but I don't remember most of them so its tough to say.

So it would be a good idea to suggest soma to my doctor then... if i could get rid of those damn spasms id be so happy. i hate having things that stop me from sleep, i love me some sleepy time and anything that impedes it is not okay to me. 10 more days until my next visit, heres to hoping i can get through all the problems until then! Power to all my fellow blue lighters who are fighting the good fight trying to avoid the needle like me, its one hell of a fight resisting the orgasmic rush/nod, unlike any other opiate, nothing compares to the addiction and withdrawal off of real strong dope.

I've been having a shit load of dreams about using lately too. A few nights ago I had back to back dreams with the same plot and setting despite waking up briefly in the middle.

I was on a road trip somewhere and I believe we were passing through what I think was Philly and I convinced the person who I was riding with (don't remember who it was) to pull off and stop to let me go cop in the open air market. Don't wanna bore you all with the details, but bottom line is I had s crazy vivid dream about copping stamps on the street which is something I've never done in real life, nor have I ever gotten shit packaged in stamps. Just another one to add to the growing list of drug related dreams I've had.

Buprenorphine keeps my body feeling well for the most part, but as far as cravings for full agonists go, it doesn't do much. I have a feeling that might be contributing to the dreams I've been having.

I wonder if methadone would help more with the cravings. Maybe I'm not at a proper buprenorphine dose, but I don't see how saturating my receptors with more bupe would help with it. The times that I have taken 8mgs+ I don't really remember it making too much of a difference.

Last edited:
I don't think it would hurt, the Soma are not very abusable. Tough to say though, I feel some doctors will get questionable if you start throwing out names of medications at them. Could be better to just say what is wrong and see where it leads. He might insist you try something else for sleep. Still its better than straight up asking for a benzo.

Speaking of Soma(carisoprodol), I find it odd that there is no wikipedia page for it.

I've been having a shit load of dreams about using lately too. A few nights ago I had back to back dreams with the same plot and setting despite waking up briefly in the middle.

I was on a road trip somewhere and I believe we were passing through what I think was Philly and I convinced the person who I was riding with (don't remember who it was) to pull off and stop to let me go cop in the open air market. Don't wanna bore you all with the details, but bottom line is I had s crazy vivid dream about copping stamps on the street which is something I've never done in real life, nor have I ever gotten shit packaged in stamps. Just another one to add to the growing list of drug related dreams I've had.

Buprenorphine keeps my body feeling well for the most part, but as far as cravings for full agonists go, it doesn't do much. I have a feeling that might be contributing to the dreams I've been having.

I wonder if methadone would help more with the cravings. Maybe I'm not at a proper buprenorphine dose, but I don't see how saturating my receptors with my bupe would help with it. The times that I have taken 8mgs+ I don't really remember it making too much of a difference.

The only thing I can think a higher dose would help with is discouraging you from using. Because once you pop 4+ mg upon waking up, its pointless to get high that day. But at 2 mg or less you know by late evening that it might be a little dulled, but you'll feel it pretty well.

I wonder if methadone would help more with the cravings. Maybe I'm not at a proper buprenorphine dose, but I don't see how saturating my receptors with my bupe would help with it. The times that I have taken 8mgs+ I don't really remember it making too much of a difference.

Bupe really only helped my cravings early on when I was taking it. After a while, it only kept me well physically.. but I'd still crave dope, which is why I'd just stop taking my dose for a couple days and then go use.. hah.

Bupe really only helped my cravings early on when I was taking it. After a while, it only kept me well physically.. but I'd still crave dope, which is why I'd just stop taking my dose for a couple days and then go use.. hah.

I just hate how doctors push bupe on people like it's this awesome tool to keep cravings at bay. Don't get me wrong; I'd rather have bupe around than nothing.

Do you find that methadone helps out with them any better? I'd have to imagine so, but the most I've ever taken was a 10mg pill that one of my friends tossed me. I'd really like to take a 40mg dose while I'm starting to feel shitty and see how I like it.

I think methadone squelches cravings much better than Bupe..(I took meth (140 mg) 12 yrs and sub 2) I never even thought about useing when I was on meth, but on sub I'd skip days to get high on other opiates. If I was going to be signed up to be a lifer, I'd go with meth...but sub is easier to get off, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.