• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is 14 to young to be taking Shrooms/LSD ?

Sorry about this,many people are gonna mock me.

No!If you are mature enough you may try them.But do low doses,like one hit at a time.Age is just shit,from what you are writing,i presume that you are an aware person,better than some adults.Don't overdo it though,age matters but not to the extent people think.Don't tell anyone about your psychedelics.
Also,if you're doing them to go to school and start saying 'LOWL SHIET I DO ACIDDZ #sweg' kill yourself
Peace
That last part was extremely uncalled for..

hmm...
basically I would have to say not to do it for two main reasons that can be elaborated endlessly.
1. it is illegal
2. you are underage and this means that all conversations and transactions you have with people who are not underage are evaluated internationally in a different way than activities between adults. Why this is true is for the protection of the younger person, who is judged in the eyes of the law of every country to require protection from adults who may (often) have ulterior motives.

that said, some 14 year olds carry huge responsibility which is admirable, but one might mourn for the lack of childhood.
not that childhood, or youth-hood is that great, but life is so fast anyway, and to accelerate coming of age or to foist it upon the 'innocent' before it is necessary is fundamentally cruel.

In the meantime, while you are 14, and are clearly capable of research, I recommend managing without drugs, diverting your attention into more research, in preparation for a time when the issue is not contentious.

The areas that you should apply the 14 year old mind are:
anatomy,
neurophysiology,
neuroanatomy,
chemistry,
biology,
biochemistry,
organic chemistry,
gestalt psychology,
yoga,
acupuncture (I know it looks like mumbo jumbo but there is something in it that is related to associative mental processing, i.e. a short cut to functional "engrams")
literature
poetry
history
oceanography
astronomy
math
javascript

these topics are full of amazing and related issues that wont drag you down in any way, deserve exploration, and will lead you to productive endeavors...
when you come of age, you will have a much better notion than most of the people here, and you deserve that because you are a smart young person.

hey man!

I'm 15 and I first started experimenting with psychedelics when I was 14. Mushrooms were my first experience, and it was absolutely wonderful - truly a life-changing experience. However, I had the perfect set and setting. I didnt know enough about them to be scared (I thought it was going to be like in the movies where you prance around on daisies and shoot leprechauns haha), so I was very excited and didn't have any apprehensions. I was in my room alone at night with soft music playing. If I had done more research and discovered the horror of bad trips, my experience might have been wrought with anxiety and it wouldn't have been as successful...I find that one of the most important parts of having a good trip is letting the drug into your psyche - if you resist it, it might not result in a bad trip persay, but it definitely wont be as pleasant as an experience. It will probably be stressful.

And you have to prepare yourself for the experience that bad trips really suck, dude. like, really fucking suck. I've only had two - one on salvia (my first and only time with salvia, thank god it only lasted for about 10 minutes) and one with mushrooms. I've never tried acid and I'd recommend trying mushrooms before acid because bad trips on acid can take you much further down the rabbit hole, so I hear (you can have a psychotic break and end up in the hospital - I've never heard of that happening on mushrooms)

anyways, it sounds like you have some experience already - morning glory seeds are generally much gentler than more intense tryptamines like mushrooms, but they are a good intro to the world of psychedelic experiences. It's ultimately your call!

I have trouble believing that psilocybin causes any issues with a developing brain, but I'm no scientist. I remember seeing that Sacred Science documentary where a kid our age talks about how he first used ayahuasca when he was 6, and he's an incredibly intelligent and eloquent young man...go figure. Psychedelics have given me a lot of things, but they have taken away from my life as well. A truly transcendent ego-dissolving psychedelic experience is life-changing. You witness a complete uprooting of everything you held to be common knowledge, and that can change your outlook on life significantly. Since I started messing with psychedelics, I've had trouble feeling motivated to do schoolwork, and I don't feel as much connection to a lot of my peers. I also reject a lot of things that my family and teachers tell me, and I question everything. You could write this off as typical adolescent behavior, but I firmly believe that there's a deeper underlying part of me that has been changed by psychedelics and makes it difficult for me to behave like a normal 15-year-old. Beware.

I have trouble believing that psilocybin causes any issues with a developing brain, but I'm no scientist. I remember seeing that Sacred Science documentary where a kid our age talks about how he first used ayahuasca when he was 6, and he's an incredibly intelligent and eloquent young man...go figure. Psychedelics have given me a lot of things, but they have taken away from my life as well. A truly transcendent ego-dissolving psychedelic experience is life-changing. You witness a complete uprooting of everything you held to be common knowledge, and that can change your outlook on life significantly. Since I started messing with psychedelics, I've had trouble feeling motivated to do schoolwork, and I don't feel as much connection to a lot of my peers. I also reject a lot of things that my family and teachers tell me, and I question everything. You could write this off as typical adolescent behavior, but I firmly believe that there's a deeper underlying part of me that has been changed by psychedelics and makes it difficult for me to behave like a normal 15-year-old. Beware.
You should also question the things you are believing now. It is a catch-22. You did not question things before doing drugs, so what other tools do you have to question things now?

I will search for this tomorrow. I highly doubt it. Hardly anybody does just psychedelics.
Yes some people do just do psychedelics. Lets do some psychedelics too. I love psychedelics why don't you? I jest but in all seriousness some people out there are just trippers and only take psychedelic substances, not many I agree but they are out there... and back.

I think you're too young. you sure show signs of maturity and kudos for that, but I think there are better things to do at your age like hanging out with friends, playing videogames etc.
sure maybe if I did drugs at 14 I would have had lots of fun but now 4 years later I don't regret not doing it, in fact I'm very glad I didn't becUse I experienced that age like I was supposed to, had fun and shit but no drugs.

also now that I'm 18 if I started doing "serious" drugs 4 years ago I think by now I would be a junkie/addict because I didn't have the maturity I now have and I'm sure I wouldn't have treated drugs with the respect they deserve.

I can't really judge tho because i don't know you, but my spontaneus advice would be no.

hope you do the right choice, cheers

hey man!

I'm 15 and I first started experimenting with psychedelics when I was 14. Mushrooms were my first experience, and it was absolutely wonderful - truly a life-changing experience. However, I had the perfect set and setting. I didnt know enough about them to be scared (I thought it was going to be like in the movies where you prance around on daisies and shoot leprechauns haha), so I was very excited and didn't have any apprehensions. I was in my room alone at night with soft music playing. If I had done more research and discovered the horror of bad trips, my experience might have been wrought with anxiety and it wouldn't have been as successful...I find that one of the most important parts of having a good trip is letting the drug into your psyche - if you resist it, it might not result in a bad trip persay, but it definitely wont be as pleasant as an experience. It will probably be stressful.

And you have to prepare yourself for the experience that bad trips really suck, dude. like, really fucking suck. I've only had two - one on salvia (my first and only time with salvia, thank god it only lasted for about 10 minutes) and one with mushrooms. I've never tried acid and I'd recommend trying mushrooms before acid because bad trips on acid can take you much further down the rabbit hole, so I hear (you can have a psychotic break and end up in the hospital - I've never heard of that happening on mushrooms)

anyways, it sounds like you have some experience already - morning glory seeds are generally much gentler than more intense tryptamines like mushrooms, but they are a good intro to the world of psychedelic experiences. It's ultimately your call!

Hehe naive ignorance is bliss eh? ^^
My first experience with mushrooms was when I was 16. I knew alot about them cause I researched heaviky, but I was not scared. Nervous maybe but I was also excited. It was a hilarious trip. My friend and I both did them together at another friends house (jos first time as well) and we eventually needed to head back to my place. On the walk home we both started running and I eventually asked "why are we running?" He said "BIGFOOT!"
we both laughed our asses off ^^;

How do I slap a "high-five" at someone`s reply or post. How do I say "thank you" to a post.

thanks for making me laugh :D

Teeheehee ^^ *hi5*

Some of the most memorable moments in my life were spent with him tripping.
I belive he was there for almost every first time I tried a substance.
Mushrooms
Lsd
Salvia
Mdma

Even our first dive into weed was trip worthy(it was really magical for the first year lol.. we kept thinking we were getting laced stuff but now I realise we were just not used to being high lmao)

I'll never forget how hard we were laughing at Bigfoot ^^;

I wouldn't really bother to say that "14 is too young to take acid/mushrooms", because maybe I'm wrong, I do believe that a good-minded 14 year old can handle a trip. But I do think that 14 year olds shouldn't be experimenting with any kind of drugs except maybe alcohol/cannabis. My first drugs were mushrooms at 16, but the drug use increased over the years, even though I'm not addicted to anything (yet), my drug use and my drug-lifestyle are still on the rise. If I started doing drugs at 14, I would be doing drugs a lot more then I am now. Maybe this doesn't count for everyone. But believe it or not, from your 14th your life is gonna change radically every year. You don't know where you're gonna end up in a few years. Doing drugs at such an age opens many paths to a lesser future. Doing drugs at an older age will make it less likely to follow these bad paths as your life isn't gonna change as much.

Wait as long as possible, I waited till my 16th, it would probably be better if I waited longe. Drugs shouldn't be in your head 24/7, especially not if you're only 14.

I started using psychedelics at 16 and I regret not giving my brain a little more time to develop before assaulting it with various chemicals. I would say that, yes, 14 is too young, but I doubt you are going to listen to me. Be safe. Don't just learn about the drugs, learn how and WHY people use them.

WAY TOO YOUNG! 14 is a crucial time for your brain development and psychedelics can take advantage of all of these developing parts of your brain and damage certain neurotransmitters that essentially control who you are and how you act

Although it's a sign of maturity that you are already interested in psychs at a young age, I would definitely say wait until you're atleast 18. Until then enjoy the leisurely lifestyle of an adolescent; go hangout with your friends, play video games, play sports, do whatever, because once you're older like the rest of us you'll give anything to go back to those times

I'm not saying you're wrong, but before ever taking lsd I was a much, much more "insane" person actually. Very socially awkward, stupid, acted like a retard a lot of the time. I've tripped on lsd 5 times now, my most recent trip being by far the most meaningful as I finally saw the nature of who I am as a person. Psychedelics did change me for the better. I'm 14 btw ?

This question is simply a moral one. And depending on what society you hail from, the answer will be different. Just a bit of contrast here, in South American tribal society, initiation into manhood is a spiritual one and the societies who drink (I can never spell this name!) ayahuasca begin this rite of passage in the early teenage years. No culture is right or wrong.

In western society, drug use is not acceptable until you are an adult, at least, morally and in context, legally speaking it's not acceptable at all. That being said, most people encounter their first drug experiences during these years (11-16) depending on socioeconomic background and I can bet that a surprisingly large sample of those young people have taken psychedelics. We believe that the experience of altered state of consciousness is limited to the adult brain and body when in reality, this isn't fact at all. We all alter our consciousness from a young age until an old age. The gift of altered states of consciousness are not limited to humans that are not developed fully otherwise sugar would have no effect on a young child and nor would happiness or sleepiness considering our neurotransmitters all work the same and induce the same experiences such as sleep and mood. That being said, the standard questions arise such as;

What will happen to you if you take this? Will you destroy your future? Will you get hooked on other drugs? Will you injure yourself? I think the answer to that is fairly simple. Would any responsible person whether young or old, presuming basic insight into drug use become hooked on 'other' drugs? Most kids don't. Will you destroy your life? Depends who is asking and what life means to that person. There is no right or wrong way to live, only cultural guidelines and trig points. A poor man's life may be nothing to a rich man's life but the poor man will have more riches spiritually and emotionally than ten times that of the rich man. Who wins and who loses?
What will happen? The same that happens to everyone else? You trip. Will you injure yourself? A child has less opportunity to hurt themselves considering most hurt is mental and a healthy 14 year old should have no emotional baggage to hurt him or any repressed content to bring up, and considering the low instances of people getting hurt on psychedelics no physical harm is likely. I think more harm comes later on in life. A "bad" trip can happen to anyone, how is a child having one any worse than an adult? It's still in the eyes of personal growth a learning experience.

Having said all that, the only real contender for any sort of real deliberated worry is that of development and risks involved. Is it worth taking a powerful mind altering substance at such a young age when there is subjectively speaking, more to lose in terms of damaging a vulnerable mind and risking lack or decreased ability to adapt and develop in a growing daunting world? Would I want my son to take acid at 14? I would say no on this one.

Then again, from a spiritual journey and one that links us all in terms of our existence - where is there an age limit on waking up and seeing beyond the great divide that a dominating portion of our society never get to see? I don't see any age range listed alongside the encoding of our very chemistry.

I'm going to have to say that I wouldn't advise it. Mainly on the principle of preserving a developing mind. Asante put it perfectly by drumming home the fact that these years should be spent enjoying the process. At 14 I was playing out with friends, peeling back the plastered stickers on the window of reality was never in my mind. We can point this new phenomenon of seeking different realms of consciousness to advancing information technology.

Just be 14, and in a few years, say 18 and onwards, if you still feel like seeking out that experience after putting work into focusing on what will build you foundations into adult life then by all means go for it.

Good luck! :)

Haku, first of all congratulations that you are laying your cards on the table here inquiring about whether it would be wise to proceed. That in itself shows a good degree of responsibility, which is one of the things you need to trip and be safe.

It is however not all. Haku, at your age your brain is still developing strongly just like your body is undergoing changes. Your brain is readying itself for adulthood, which developmentally will only be reached around 25, and the software of your brain is being written right now, thats why you are in school, learning all sorts of serious life skills and classes. Right now you are surging up to the person you are becoming, and all your efforts should be focussed on becoming the best you can be, and have as much uncomplicated fun as can be had.

Psychedelics don't really fit that, because tripping requires a lot of energy. Your reality will come apart, while it at your age is still being built. Being 14 is a hectic time as you are learning things on high speed and where you question things you shouldnt and dont question things you should. Psychedelics as they are typically used can add significantly to your burden by offering you uniquely intense experiences that can be either very thought provoking or which cause extreme emotions. A very good or very difficult trip can have you in turmoil for weeks. This can affect your grade.

Then there is the added risk. As you are now, not yet psychologically fully developed, you are more vulnerable than in a few years, because you are right now building the personality traits that you in a few years can fall back on. Everyone has risks of crisis. If pushed too hard, some go depressed, others go psychotic, others get a nervous breakdown. Because you are under the strain of puberty and don't have you adult failsafes yet, something as intense as psychedelics is a bigger risk than it would be in a few years. Theres legal risks too, you are not yet as bright at dodging the law or other authorities than you will be in a few years. You might get a record, and for your parents its hell too.

Think about how much less able to deal with things you were at age 10. You were almost clueless compared to now right? Not to offend you but at 18 you are going to look back at 14 and the difference will be just as big as it will be if you now think back to 10. Its going to be a huge difference.

You could argue that teens in the jungle do it too. They do, but its not expected of them to drive a car, hold a demanding job and live in the great stress of western society like is expected of you. If the drug makes them a little funny in the head, or unsteady of hand, or seeing colors a bit different than they should, its less of a problem for them than it will be for you. They will survive, and so will you, but you might not get as good a job and education as you might have gotten otherwise.

Finally, there really is less to gain for you now than there is in just a few years. The older you are, the richer and more complex trips will become, and the greater the reward can be, offset for the risks you take.

You can see where this is going by now =D

Live life to the max right now. Give it your best shot in school, have safe fun with girls, do zany fun stuff you will remember fondly for the rest of your life, but wait with drugs. Drugs will not go away. When you are an adult, four christmasses from now, theres going to be even more drugs to choose from and better drugs will have been tried and tested. You can use drugs all your life, but the next few years, you only get one shot at them and this is it.

Odds are you might still ignore our warnings, because your impulse control hasnt developed fully yet, but take it to heart: you asked us and most of us were clear that it would be best if you waited a few years.

I wish you all the best Haku, use this site and sites like Erowid in the coming years to educate yourself about the realities of drugs, so you don't end up addicted or in a freakout nightmare.
If you got questions, ask us, most of us here are glad to help.

That post answers all. One point on the highlighted part - it is one thing having the sense to check it out and another to follow good advice.

I would also urge you to look at all the posts of those who have had a difficult/down right horrific time on LSD, those effects do not clear up in a few days like a hangover. Many are left with PTSD after a bad/difficult trip. I have a few traumatic times under my belt and believe me they can sneak up on you out of nowhere - good drug set and setting will not always keep you from having a bad time.

I'm not scaremongering as I have had many many more good trips as most will have its just that the bad ones have a habit of lingering. At you stage of life you do not need to be worrying if reality is real or if you are dead; you need to be learning and living, that's the point of adolescence. Your social skills, self analytical skills and relationships with your preferred sex worked and built on imagine taking a trip where when you come out you 'realise' the futility of life and withdraw from friends and society only to realise 10 years later you built your life on the wrong assessment of a trip. There will be plenty of time for tripping there wont be plenty of time to be young and fresh.

Re We Are God's advice - alcohol and cannabis should be avoided imho. ESPECIALLY since alcohol can fuck with you and cause serious social and personal problems. Check out Prof Nutts table of harm 2010. Alcohol is one legal drug that should be banned - it causes so much harm. Personally speaking there are enough chemicals flooding your system at your age and iirc the teenage years are one fucked up trip without drugs believe me the reality you perceive as a teen is a very different reality from a 30/40 year old you will recall.

To me you are in a catch-22 situation: if you are not wise enough to follow the advice you are not wise enough to be doing LSD. If you decide to go against the advice of those who have trod this path if you decide to do it, do it safe as you can read up of drug set and setting and trip guides. Test your LSD so you know it is what you have, (trusted sources don't cut it for me) and start low and preferably stay low.

Finally, as with most decisions in life the ball is firmly in your court I hope that you are able to fathom the potential for long term effects - effects that may last longer than you have currently been alive.

Stay safe.