Bluelight

Thread: What's the difference between 5/500 hydrocodone bitartrate and norco 5/325

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Collapse Details
    What's the difference between 5/500 hydrocodone bitartrate and norco 5/325 
    #1
    So I know the difference in the amount of Tylenol but is one stronger than the other as far as the high? I normally take 25mg of norco at a time once a day. Seems like last time I took the hydrocodone I'm referring to it seemed stronger. Thanks for responses
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Anyone?
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Moderator
    Support
    Tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia420 View Post
    So I know the difference in the amount of Tylenol but is one stronger than the other as far as the high? I normally take 25mg of norco at a time once a day. Seems like last time I took the hydrocodone I'm referring to it seemed stronger. Thanks for responses
    Since it's the hydrocodone that gets you high it's the same high between the two as long as the hydrocodone dosage is the same.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    Since it's the hydrocodone that gets you high it's the same high between the two as long as the hydrocodone dosage is the same.
    Thank you. Not sure why the reg hydrocodone felt more intense than the norco version. Then again that was a while back when I barely had a tolerance.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    5/500 means 5 mg of hydrocodone and 500 mg of acetaminophen, and 5/325 means 5 mg of hydrocodone and 325 mg of acetaminophen per pill.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Bluelighter CaptainKratom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,656
    In theory they should be equipotent however some manufacturers have better quality control so that could explain it but so can many other factors such as ROA, stomach contents, setting etc... personally I haven't noticed any significant difference between any hydrocodone products but then again I don't take hydro nearly as much as opana, dilaudid, oxy, or even kratom.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Greenlighter
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NWT Canada
    Posts
    8
    Not always the case for example codeine citrate believed to be less potent then phosphate dont member numbers but its here sumwere
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Greenlighter
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NWT Canada
    Posts
    8
    Just by a small amount you wouldn't need dose adjustment but the difference between potency of the various salts is possible
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter CaptainKratom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by throughthewormhole View Post
    Not always the case for example codeine citrate believed to be less potent then phosphate dont member numbers but its here sumwere
    This is because different salts affect the molecular weight differently ie. x succinate weighs more than x HCL therefore HCL is more potent. AFAIK all hydrocodone preperations are hydrocodone bitatrate although I could easily be wrong as I don't research hydro that much.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Less wear-and-tear on your liver, same high.
    They got tired of people dying, hah
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter Xn1919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    87
    Tylenol
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •