Bluelight

Thread: What's the difference between 5/500 hydrocodone bitartrate and norco 5/325

1. Collapse Details
    What's the difference between 5/500 hydrocodone bitartrate and norco 5/325 
    So I know the difference in the amount of Tylenol but is one stronger than the other as far as the high? I normally take 25mg of norco at a time once a day. Seems like last time I took the hydrocodone I'm referring to it seemed stronger. Thanks for responses

2. Collapse Details

Anyone?

3. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia420 View Post
    So I know the difference in the amount of Tylenol but is one stronger than the other as far as the high? I normally take 25mg of norco at a time once a day. Seems like last time I took the hydrocodone I'm referring to it seemed stronger. Thanks for responses
    Since it's the hydrocodone that gets you high it's the same high between the two as long as the hydrocodone dosage is the same.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    Since it's the hydrocodone that gets you high it's the same high between the two as long as the hydrocodone dosage is the same.
    Thank you. Not sure why the reg hydrocodone felt more intense than the norco version. Then again that was a while back when I barely had a tolerance.

5. Collapse Details

5/500 means 5 mg of hydrocodone and 500 mg of acetaminophen, and 5/325 means 5 mg of hydrocodone and 325 mg of acetaminophen per pill.

6. Collapse Details

In theory they should be equipotent however some manufacturers have better quality control so that could explain it but so can many other factors such as ROA, stomach contents, setting etc... personally I haven't noticed any significant difference between any hydrocodone products but then again I don't take hydro nearly as much as opana, dilaudid, oxy, or even kratom.

7. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Not always the case for example codeine citrate believed to be less potent then phosphate dont member numbers but its here sumwere

8. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Just by a small amount you wouldn't need dose adjustment but the difference between potency of the various salts is possible

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by throughthewormhole View Post
    Not always the case for example codeine citrate believed to be less potent then phosphate dont member numbers but its here sumwere
    This is because different salts affect the molecular weight differently ie. x succinate weighs more than x HCL therefore HCL is more potent. AFAIK all hydrocodone preperations are hydrocodone bitatrate although I could easily be wrong as I don't research hydro that much.

10. Collapse Details

Less wear-and-tear on your liver, same high.
    They got tired of people dying, hah

11. Collapse Details

Tylenol