• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sugarfree mint?

Dunno

Ex-Bluelighter
Decided cutting all sugar out of diet while ago.
I have mints that clearly state sugar free but on the back ingredients has listed -sugars Less than 0.1% per serve & daily intake. Average quantity per 100g has Less than 1g.
The ingredients must be correct?

Any idea on how they get away with false ads ?

Last edited:
I am not sure what brand of sugarfree mint you have but what I have read about some sugarfree mints is that some of the brands have the following ingredients:

Sorbitol - an alcohol found in fruit and seaweed. It is often used as a sugar substitute for diabetics. If you consumed this to an excess, it can cause diarrhea and gastrointestinal disturbances.

Sweeteners - Aspartame is an artificial, non-saccharide sweetener used as a sugar substitute in some foods and beverages and Acesulphame potassium which 200 times sweeter than sugar.

If I were to choose, I would still choose the normal bag of mints using the natural flavouring of peppermint oil and no artificial coal tar dyes. Sometimes, sugar free does not mean that it is better than the regular one.

Last edited:
Ah ok is sorbitol prescribed?
Ok ill stick with the peppermint oil ones

do you have a problem with all or nothing thinking? it can be pretty destructive when your pursuing a healthy goal (0 processed sugar), to say, ok i should now be perfect in the sense, i will never eat a gram of processed sugar ever again

it could be more beneficial to let yourself have much less processed sugar than you did in the past, if it helps you in progressing towards your goal

just some food for thought, because if you what im getting at is vaguely true, then it could help you a bit, and i can relate to that issue pretty intensely

Yeah sometimes but I easily switch it off. I worded it incorrectly original post . Not all sugar lol most.
Is the sorbitol prescribed
I s

Last edited:
dunno said:
I have mints that clearly state sugar free but on the back ingredients has listed -sugars Less than 0.1% per serve & daily intake.

Sugar is not some super-potent compound...this is effectively none, unless you eat mass, MASS quantities of mints.

Average quantity per 100g has Less than 1g.

Less than 100 mg, actually.

maya said:
no artificial coal tar dyes

Why are these problematic?

ebola

Acesulfam
Surcralose
Apsartame

all this shit is much worse than sugar... these things are made for dumb fat americans "omg I can dive into exstasy of sweet feast without any horrible calories!!! yeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

what they dont tell u that these synthethic chemicals,while being able to excite sweet sensors on your tongue,have nothing common with food.Its like eating plastic

real problem is,these things have far worse effect than sugar... aspartame is neurotoxic,sucralose kill good bacteria in you.

my opinion,artificial sweeteners are crime against mankind,if i could i would ban them,its not smart to put this crap in yo mouth,FDA can lick my anus

Sugar is not some super-potent compound...this is effectively none, unless you eat mass, MASS quantities of mints.

Less than 100 mg, actually.

Why are these problematic?

ebola

It says ave.quantity per 100g