• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can't get high off codeine?

Ethereal123

Greenlighter
I used to take around 5-10 tylenol 1s a few times a week (edit: okay, almost every day) and used to get the nice warm euphoric feelings but I think I might be starting to get used to it so it's not working so well.

I'm now experimenting with Cold Water Extraction and read several guides on the internet. I currently have a few hundred Tylenol 1's at 8mg codeine so I've been experimenting with the cold water extraction.

Since I was taking 10 tylenol pills I though I would see a difference maybe with 15 tylenol 1s with CWE. Not much difference. So I moved up to 20 and then 24 and then 30, 40 and 50 all at once. Barely feel anything.. I must be doing something wrong?

My procedure:

- 100 ml warm water
- crush 50 tylenol 1s in a coffee grinder. (I even bought this thing because I though it would help)
- add crushed tylenol 1 to warm water and stir frequently for around 20 minutes until it is room temp.
- after 20 mins, put the cup in the freezer for 20-30 mins and watch carefully that it doesn't get icy.
- I forgot to buy coffee filters today so I use a tshirt I ripped appart and place it over the mug as a filter. I charge the cloth by wetting it first.
- I pour water over the cloth and the water drips into the cup. The cloth is catching most of the white residue. I let it drip for an hour or two.

By the way before pouring the contents from the freezer I noticed that the gunk (residue) at to the bottom. I read that the gunk is just that... it's the residue that doesn't contain codeine so I would just slowly pour into the filter and I would just throw away the gunk that is too thick to come down from bottom of cup. When I wasn't getting much of a buzz, I thought that maybe some of the gunk was holding some of the codeine, so the last time I took it out of the freezer, I mixed it all up with a spoon before I filtered. This resulted in barely no gunk in the bottom of the first glass and more in the filter. Water in the second glass was still pretty clear. Either way doesn't appear to make much of a difference and I barely get high.

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

BTW I got these pills form otc pharmacies etc so they must actually have the 8 mg codeine.. I hope lol

Barely get any buzz at all. I should be getting fucked up on that shouldn't I? lmao. I don't want to take the pills any more because the acetamenophin will cause liver problems but I went all the way up to 50 tylenol 1s on Cold Water Extraction and can barely get anything off of it.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

50 tylenol 1 is like 400 mg of codeine... wtf?

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
You have a tolerance now. Welcome to the world of opiate addiction. Get out while you can, this life is full of empty promises and sorrow/misery.

I don't really get how it could be tolerance already. I've been taking the 10 tablets and no more for the a couple of years on occasion. Now, you would think that if I suddenly one day went from 10 to 50 tablets.. which is the case here, then I would definitely get some kind of high from that.

I thought a person gained tolerance after slowly increasing the amounts? In my case, I've only recently increased the amounts over the past couple of days while experimenting with cold water extraction. I've always taken 10 pills and sometimes I would get high and sometimes I wouldn't so much.

With wanting a guaranteed high every time and instead of taking 10 pills and hoping to get high "this time" I decided that cold water extraction might be better since I could add a few more pills and could avoid the dangers of acetaminophen. So, two days ago I added 5 pills to equal 15 in cold water extraction and did not notice much. That same day I added 5 pills in another experiment to equal 20. And then later that day I did one with 24 pills. The next day I tried 3 separate cwe's with 30, 35, and 40 pills each. Tolday I tried one with 50 pills.

So the thing is, I went a while only doing 10 pills at a time and no more. If I went from doing literally 10 pills to suddenly 50 within a three day span then you would think I would not have a tolerance for that amount?

Last edited:
I just did a extraction on 50 AC&C's (same thing as the Tylenol 1's except with Aspirin) because i am out of morphine and dilaudid. I have a bitch of a habit but i chugged the codeine, took 50mg's of promethazine and shot 2 10mg vials of Valium. That atleast stopped me from feeling like i was dying anyway.

Tolerance with opiates builds fast and sometimes you don't even really notice it. I took loads of oxy before i actually had anything beyond getting some very mild flu like symptoms. Fast forward about 7 years and i start getting sick if i don't have a shot of dilly every 8 fucking hours or less. I would suggest getting out now before you find out just what opiate addiction really is.

I just did a extraction on 50 AC&C's (same thing as the Tylenol 1's except with Aspirin) because i am out of morphine and dilaudid. I have a bitch of a habit but i chugged the codeine, took 50mg's of promethazine and shot 2 10mg vials of Valium. That atleast stopped me from feeling like i was dying anyway.

Tolerance with opiates builds fast and sometimes you don't even really notice it. I took loads of oxy before i actually had anything beyond getting some very mild flu like symptoms. Fast forward about 7 years and i start getting sick if i don't have a shot of dilly every 8 fucking hours or less. I would suggest getting out now before you find out just what opiate addiction really is.

Ok wow I might just flush those fucking pills in the toilet.. Thanks.

I thought a person gained tolerance after slowly increasing the amounts?

All you need is to use a drug regularly, in the same setting, and you'll notice development of tolerance. Especially if you're taking more than a "theraputic" dose of codeine, or you're taking it for recreational purposes.

Also, as mentioned, Canadian Tylenol 1's have 8mg codeine each but also 15mg caffeine. Which means your 400mg of codeine actually contains 400mg of codeine and near to a gram of caffeine, which will work very effectively to reduce the sedative buzz...

The best option is to take a long break from opioids.