View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25B-NBOMe

SuperPsych

Bluelighter
Here is the latest page that I have been working on. I'll admit that it isn't the most well put together, but I think that it's a decent start. If anybody has any corrections, input, or information please post!

The Basics

Introduction and Basic Description

25B-NBOMe is a psychedelic phenethylamine with stimulating and euphoric properties. It is active at very low sun-milligram dosages.

Timeline of Experience

Sublingual/Buccal
Onset: 20-70min
Coming Up: 30-60min
Plateau: 2-4 hours
Coming Down: 1-5 hours
Total Duration: 8-10 hours

Insufflated
Onset: 5-20 min
Coming Up: 20-40min
Plateau: 1.5-4 hours
Coming Down: 1-5 hours
Total Duration: 6-10 hours

Effects

POSITIVE
· strong open and closed eye visuals
· mood lift
· euphoria
· increase in associative & creative thinking
· increased awareness & appreciation of music
· life-changing spiritual experiences
· erotic, sexual thoughts and sensations
· feelings of love and empathy
NEUTRAL
· general change in consciousness
· fairly clear-headed compared to other psychedelics
· mental and physical stimulation
· pupil dilation
· difficulty focusing
· unusual body sensations (facial flushing, chills, goosebumps, body energy)
· change in perception of time, time dilation
· slight increase in heart rate
· Hot flushes and/or cold chills
· yawning, especially when coming up
· does not suppress appetite
NEGATIVE
(likelihood of negative side effects increases with higher doses)
· confusion
· looping
· chemical taste in mouth lasting anywhere from 10-60 minutes when dosed sublingually or buccally
· scrambled communication
· nausea
· insomnia
· looping, recursive, out of control thinking
· paranoia, fear, and panic
· unwanted and overwhelming feelings
· unwanted life-changing spiritual experiences
· Vasoconstriction, peripheral numbness, swelling of feet, hands, face
· Overdose is possible
Sources: Erowid Experience reports, Posts on Bluelight, and http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ci_nbome/2ci_nbome_effects.shtml (I know that 25i and 25b are two different things, but the subjective effects of those 2 are quite similar and I think that the effects list for 25i is appropriate for 25b as well)

Dosages

Dosages are extremely tentative! Individual reactions to 25B-NBOMe are known to vary greatly. You’ll notice pretty big overlaps in the dosages. There have been reports where 500 micrograms has resulted in a light trip and reports where 500 micrograms has produced strong effects. It is strongly recommended that you start off no higher than 300 micrograms sublingual/buccal or 150 micrograms insufflated.

Sublingual/Buccal
Threshold: 50 – 150 micrograms
Light: 200 – 400 micrograms
Common: 350 – 600 micrograms
Strong: 600 – 1000 micrograms
Heavy: 900 – 1500+ micrograms

Insufflated
Threshold: 25 –100 micrograms
Light: 100 – 200 micrograms
Common: 200 – 500 micrograms
Strong: 350 – 500 micrograms
Heavy: 500+ micrograms

Method of administration

25B-NBOMe is typically administered sublingually, buccally, or nasally. Vaporization and rectal administration are both possible but such use is very rare

Sublingual/Buccal
When dosed Sublingually or buccally, 25B-NBOMe is held in the mouth for 10-20 minutes and either swallowed or spit out afterwards. 25B-NBOMe is not active orally, so I would recommend spitting it out to avoid adding any extra gastrointestinal discomfort, and to avoid worsening the lasting chemical taste

Insufflation
25B-NBOMe can be insufflated in powder form but is more commonly dripped through the nose in a liquid solution. Liquid volumetric measurement is highly recommended when handling 25B-NBOMe due to it being extremely potent. Many people prefer nasal dosing to avoid the possible long, drawn out, uncomfortable come up. It is common to reach the peak within 30-45 minutes of nasal dosing versus 1-2 hours with sublingual dosing

Problems

Contraindications and Overdose
Very little is known about 25B-NBOMe and what combinations are safe. The NBOMe series has proven fatal before, so if you are thinking about combining 25B-NBOMe with anything I would recommend that you absolutely avoid it if there is even a small question in your mind as to its safety. Combining with other stimulants can worsen vasoconstriction and increase blood pressure significantly, and such use is discouraged.

Negative Short-Term Side Effects
Some negative short term side effects of 25B-NBOMe include mild to severe vasoconstriction, nausea, and difficulty sleeping (due to stimulation that lasts long after the peak).

Negative Long-Term Side Effects
25B-NBOMe has been used by humans for a very short period of time. There are no known long-term side effects at this point, but that DOES NOT mean that there aren’t any.

Legal Issues
Sweden:
Sveriges riksdag added 25B-NBOMe to schedule I ("substances, plant materials and fungi which normally do not have medical use") as narcotics in Sweden as of Aug 1, 2013, published by Medical Products Agency in their regulation LVFS 2013:15 listed as 25B-NBOMe 2-(4-bromo-2,5-dimetoxifenyl)-N-(2-metoxibensyl)etanamin.

United States:
On November 15, 2013, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency placed 25B-NBOMe (along with 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe) in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, making it an illicit drug.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25B-NBOMe

Background and Chemistry

History of Drug
25B-NBOMe (NBOMe-2C-B, BOM 2-CB, Cimbi-36, New Nexus, Nova) is a derivative of the phenethylamine hallucinogen 2C-B, discovered in 2004 by Ralf Heim at the Free University of Berlin.

Mechanism of Action
25B-NBOMe acts as a potent partial agonist for the 5HT2A receptor.

Links
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25B-NBOMe
Erowid: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nbome/
Erowid Experience Reports: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_2CBNBOMe.shtml

Ok I will post this as soon as possible.

Thank you!

At some point, I'd like to add more about what existing research says about the compound and have a more technical discussion of its physiological dangers.

ebola

That point is now:

In vitro assay has found 25b-nbome to bind with greater affinity at 5ht2 sites than 25i-nbome, with reduced selectivity for 5ht2a over 5ht2c (see p. 11 of (Ettrup et al. 2011)). It is expected to function as a full agonist, similar to most other 25x-nbome and DOx series compounds. As such, we should expect activity at doses lower than is typical with 25i-nbome, and it should present even greater vasoconstrictive liability. Consequently, extreme care should be taken when dosing this compound.

ebola

ive seen a brain scan of a brain on 25b and its lit up all over where as 25i and c only lit up the 5h2 sites and i can say its a way more *rounded high* compared to other nbomes but these chems honestly should NOT be messed around with stick to thing with higher ld50 ive personally seen someone strip down go absolutly insane actualy jump in the cops car and went to the hospital on UNDER 1MG!!! ive also seen people take upwards of 10mg in a night and up to 8mg at one time but after all this i can tell you this chem reacts different to every one! be very carefull guys

Going up as we speak - converting vBulletin type text to Wiki coding takes a little time, but this is a fantastic chunk of material on what I believe to be a fascinating material - albeit not without its dangers, as ebola? sagely alluded to.

Do we have anybody who can advise me troubleshooting getting the image to properly display?

I recently had two dreams about 25b, might say it's calling me. I don't really remember first but second was, vivid and colorful (rare for my dreams) were someone was explaining me something about how 25b is somehow different than others, idk nbome's or all psychedelics. Explanation in the dream was technical/pharmacological but it vanished from my mind.
Any hints with this one?
All I know for know I'll start very low. I would like to share experience with someone but idk, thinking if someone might have a bad reaction and what not probably isn't worth it.
Also think about how >900mics can be a heavy dose yet a lot of tabs were 1mg+ and probably more widespread than typical psychedelics, things were destined to get wrong.