• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone after dilaudid? help!

pahn

Bluelighter
hi all. I've been dabbling wit opiates for years. I went on suboxone maintenance for 2 years, came off bout a year ago. now im back to opiates...my tolerance is pretty decent to say the least. last night I banged an 8mg dilaudid for the first time. didn't have much of an effect. I felt the rush, but it wore off REALLY fast. I managed to get my hands on a 8mg suboxone strip which I really want to take. my question is how long should I wait to take the sub? I REALLY cant afford to go into precipitated wd! its been roughly 15 hours since the dilaudid. any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks all!

when I got switched from dilaudid to suboxone when I was in the hospital with my infection, I took my last dose of the hydromorphone at 12 Midnight and the following morning at 9:30 I was good to take buprenorphine. My last dilaudid dose was only 2mg IV and I feel like I metabolize shit pretty fast so I was good to go after only roughly 10 hours. If it makes any difference, my first buprenorphine dose was without naloxone.

I feel like 15 hours is long enough with dilaudids half life being so fast, but I don't know what your use was like prior to the last dose of 8mg. Do you feel like your in withdrawal? If you feel like you can make it a few more hours then go for it, but otherwise just make sure your feeling symptoms of your body wanting opiates

Last edited: