Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pod Tea/Nigella Sativa Oil - Certified Junkie - Best Potentiator I've Found

Dr.Shopper

Bluelighter
I'm sure many of you opiate fans have heard of Nigella Sativa/Blackseed, but in case not, here is what you need to know for its use in this particular context. Among a slew of supposed health benefits, the oil of this little seed has opioid agonist properties. It is used by some to ease withdrawals, and also is of interest for those looking to boost the effects of opioids. I can't really post links at this time as I'm limited to a mobile device, but there are is a LOT of published research on N. Sativa to be found if you look around. There is even literature confirming that the oil in itself has analgesic and antitussive effects, as well as the effect of reducing the amount of opioid medications needed for analgesia.

After searching for experience reports on this combo, it seems that at least half of those who have tried it believe that it is an effective potentiator of opioids (as for kratom, not so much).

A little information: When I lived on the east coast, I had a heroin habit that required around 8 bags per day of "east coast" powder heroin, or a combination of whatever was available when I couldn't make a trip to the city (roxis, opana, dilaudid). So, I had a high tolerance. Now I am living in Oregon, and there is NO DOPE. At least not where I'm at. Every once in a while I'll find some oxycodone, but it is few and far between and very expensive. So lately, I have had to maintain mostly on pod tea.

For my experiment, I dosed 4 gigantheum pods, which is a dose that would normally be just barely enough to ease withdrawals, with absolutely no high or noticeable effect. I took one tablespoon of nigella sativa oil 30 minutes before consuming the tea. I have to say, the blackseed oil amplified the effects without a doubt. I noticed anxiety relief and a faint, but noticeable euphoria. I was encouraged by this, and in the week following the initial trial, played around with different amounts (taking care to be cautious, of course).

When I take 1-2 tbsp. of the oil along with my normal "intoxicating" dose of pod tea, I feel as if it DOUBLES the effect. A dose that would normally produce a moderate feeling of well-being, a little itchiness, and relaxation, sends me straight to nod-land. Not in the same way that shooting some good dope would, but it reminds me of how oxycodone felt the very first time I tried it. Intense euphoria, fully nodding off at times, and just overall greatness. There is a noticeable buzzing sensation in my head as well as the "foggy" vision that I experienced with opioids long ago.

The downside, however, is that the respiratory depression seems to also be amplified greatly, so be careful.

I have not had access to heroin in over 6 months, and I very rarely have access to pharms, so that will have some effect on my personal experience of course.

I just wanted to post this so you opiophiles could get another confirmation on nigella sativa. No other "potentiator" I have tried has had such a profound effect. I see great potential in this little seed for those who need to get by on a little less of their d.o.c. for whatever reason, and also in people wishing to gradually ween themselves off of opioid completely. I have also read accounts of the oil reducing cravings/obsessions for opioid in those who are completely abstinent and in recovery. Sorry I can't post links, but the research is out there and accesible! I would definitely reccommend looking into this As always, be smart about it, and use caution. DO NOT go into it with a skeptical mindset and go right to using your normal dose with the oil, as it definitely has the potential to be dangerous.

Thank for the report Doc. I had heard of people using Nigella when they give up opiates. I don't know much about it, but have heard it has some MOR (mu opiate receptor) action. How much I don't know. But I believe you are trailblazing and by 2016 I am willing to bet Nigella becomes more popular.

I don't use pods anymore. I did from 1996 to 2009, on and off. I could not go through another CT with that. It is soul crushing. For me it made H withdrawal seem tame and short. It took a month to feel better after pods, where as with good NYC H it only took about 15 days to feel better.

I believe Nigella will have a bigger following in due time. So many plants so little time to investigate them all.

Black seed is great for WD and potentiation IMO.
Be careful with the latter though, it packs a mighty punch (no GFJ placebo-maybes).

Fascinating flora :)

Hmmm, wonder if this would work with suboxone? Really the only thing that potentiates opiates for me has always been weed nod wise, and I can't smoke weed now so have been thinking about ordering some synthetic canibinoid. Benzo's go nice with it but after going through 30 klons one week then a little over 30 xanax trying to catch a nod(never happened, but gives the Subs what there missing) I'm having serious rebound anxitey right now. If only I could smoke weed, its always been the one thing that gets me to nod on opiates. Benzo' have a nice synergy but I never nod,they kinda just make me normal to...Anyway rambling. This info comes in handy though if I ever decide to get off opiates, although highly doubtful as its the only thing that makes me feel like a normal person. Time to take my nightly benadryl and doxylamine,actually seems to go okay with my subs..replacement for the benzos and weed for me right now. Ugh.

Hmmm, wonder if this would work with suboxone? Really the only thing that potentiates opiates for me has always been weed nod wise, and I can't smoke weed now so have been thinking about ordering some synthetic canibinoid. Benzo's go nice with it but after going through 30 klons one week then a little over 30 xanax trying to catch a nod(never happened, but gives the Subs what there missing) I'm having serious rebound anxitey right now. If only I could smoke weed, its always been the one thing that gets me to nod on opiates. Benzo' have a nice synergy but I never nod,they kinda just make me normal to...Anyway rambling. This info comes in handy though if I ever decide to get off opiates, although highly doubtful as its the only thing that makes me feel like a normal person. Time to take my nightly benadryl and doxylamine,actually seems to go okay with my subs..replacement for the benzos and weed for me right now. Ugh.

Subs are tricky. As you probably know, they contain an opiate blocker (naloxone) along with the opiate (buprenorphine). Some people with a low opiate tolerance will still get high from the buprenorphine despite the naloxone (as I'm guessing you do). I would be careful combining anything that has opioid activity with suboxone (even something as weak as blackseed oil). There's a chance it may help, but there is also a chance that it will make you extremely sick.

Why are you on subs? Is it for opiate withdrawals or do you use it recreationally? If you use it recreationally, I would strongly advise you to stop (not judging of course). Buprenorphine withdrawals are FAR worse than withdrawals from virtually every other opiate/opioid. But if you do continue using the subs, do not try to combine them with other chemicals that have opioid receptor activity. Chances are you will be thrown into rapid opiate withdrawals (regardless of whether or not you have a physical dependence).

I'm on it for withdrawls 16mg only take 8mg tho. Thinking about dropping it down to 4mg now tho as I heard the less you take you can actually feel it for a little bit... Can get buzzed on it, just add weed or benzo's and it's good but thats just not logical in my situation unfourtanatley. And started out on pods way back when,would just maintain on those if i could just stick to those and not do pain pills along with them...Nothing like 10 tablespoons of pods some weed and a 2mg of xanax/klonopin(for people with a tolerance!).

Last edited: