• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Does Etizolam work?

The reason I see the psychiatrist is I suffer from severe depression and I also have a personality disorder called Borderline personality disorder. I'm also a recovering alcoholic, been off the drink for almost a year and I also used to have a pretty bad coke and kat problem. I ended up in the psychiatric hospital 3 times last year due to all of these things. I was in for between 6 and 8 weeks each time.

Every now and then I really fancy a drink or some kat or coke, but I resist. I'm just sick of feeling constantly stressed, like everyday is a real bad day. I've explained to my psychiatrist that diazepam take that stress away, but due to my history she refuses to prescribe them. Yet when I was in hospital last year she had my on 5mg of diazepam 4 times a day, but once I was discharged she tapperd me off them. The way I see thing is; she was happy to give me high doses of diazepam whilst I was in hospital to giver her and her staff an easy life, but she won't give them too me just to help me. Benzos really improve my quality of life, and at the end of the day if somethings does that for me then I'm going to get hold of it one way or the other.

My doc is really good, he doesn't mind when i mess up the taper and just lets me do things at my own pace

@chris, maybe you should tell her these things next time you see her.
also, she gave you diaz in the hospital but taper them afterwards. which seems reasonable enough...
id just trust her a bit with her treatment choice. and talk to her more about the problems and decisions i would make. it seems like a step back to just head into more drugs.

tread carefully as benzos are also addictive and dangerous, and can turn on a user. and your track record does unfortuantely say you have an addictive personality...

and there are always other doctors to see if one doesnt feel right for you

>tread carefully as benzos are also addictive and dangerous, and can turn on a user.
this!

benzos used occasionaly = good solution for many problems
benzos used often = asking for trouble

Thanks, it's really good of you all to show support and offer sensible advice, I appreciate it. Everytime I try and discuss all this with my psychiatrist she just doesn't seem to care. Her stance is no benzos and no argument. When I've been on diazepam in the past whilst not in hospital I've managed them perfectly well, Last time I spent 5 months on them and I only took what I was prescribed, although I have mixed them with codeine in the past just for the buzz. I'm just going to keep the Etiz around for the days I feel more stressed than usual.

What dose to people usually take? I was thinking on a bad day I might take 1 mg am and the same pm. Thanks again for the straight advice, It's a good forum when people actually show concern.

Chris, as much as it pains me to say it, because it makes me a hypocrite who contradicts himself but kingme is right. Benzos may feel like a miracle wonder drug for the first few months; the honeymoon period. But then your tolerance starts increasing and you need more and more just to feel ok or just to be able to sleep. Before you know it benzos will have you by the balls, and they can really screw you up very badly indeed if you take them for any length of time if you then have to stop for any reason or you dont taper off them gradually enough. You should ideally exhaust all other avenues first; diet and exercise, cutting out coffee and cigarettes.

Ive been on etizolam for 30 months myself, i kept to 1 or 2 mg for the first 6 months, then tolerance started rising, i once got up to around 30mg a day, then got it back down to 6mg, only to loose it again, back up to 24mg, currently trying to adjust to 17mg. Lat night I was reading about how long it can take your brain to recover if you fuck up a benzo taper if youve been a long term user: anything from 6 months to 20 years ! The current guidelines for UK doctors are not to prescribe benzos for longer than a few weeks, if they prescribe them at all, due to all the potential problems. This is what you could be letting yourself in for.

So after harshly criticising doctors and clinics in my previous post im eating my words in the next one. Yes, im fucked up.

Thanks again guys. My psychiatrist is pretty good, she's tried me on shit loads of different medications over the last 2 years, but she wont give me benzos long term and they really do make a big difference in my day to day life. I know 2 other patients of hers who she prescribes 25mg of diazepam a day too and has done for the last 5 years, both patients are former alcoholics.

I'll check out the megathread now thanks! Mydrugbuddy - You're not a hypocrite at all, you, the same as Kingme have spoken sense.

do you want to be on benzos for life ? If these people have been on them for 5 years it'll be murder for them to get off them. I dont know if they continue working for ever, like i say your tolerance will probably rise if you use them long term. Long term they are said to be quite harmfull for your mental health, increasing depression, even lowering IQ. I understand perfectly the temptations, thats why i am where i am now. If you truly have the discipline to only use them as and when required then you could use them successfully, otherwise they will help you in the short term, but potentially cause you more problems in the long term.

Yeah i got addicted after just over a month and half on Valium 30 mg a day avg, stopped taking it thinking nothing would go wrong. 5 days CT the peak WD's are SHIT you could of put a gun to my head by day 5 and said You can either have a bullet to the brain or No Valium and i would of picked a bullet.

So tread carefully they are nasty if you get addicted

Nothing would go wrong... what. have you never heard of tapering off

Nothing would go wrong... what. have you never heard of tapering off

I didn't think i would be addicted, cos i didn't take it every day i did have like 2 days off at times, when i say avg i meen the amount i took over that time. So some days it would be like 40 and others it would be much smaller. Then peak kicked in after 3 days with rebound anxiety then it all went down hill from that point.

do you want to be on benzos for life ? If these people have been on them for 5 years it'll be murder for them to get off them. I dont know if they continue working for ever, like i say your tolerance will probably rise if you use them long term. Long term they are said to be quite harmfull for your mental health, increasing depression, even lowering IQ. I understand perfectly the temptations, thats why i am where i am now. If you truly have the discipline to only use them as and when required then you could use them successfully, otherwise they will help you in the short term, but potentially cause you more problems in the long term.

The latter part of that post should probably preface every benzo thread ha. Obviously purely recreational use has the potential to go tits up a lot quicker, but I underestimated the drug and its withdrawals and ended up in a position where I couldn't taper off on my own due to funds and I have never felt worse in my life. Genuine close to death feeling worsened by the knowledge that benzo withdrawal has the potential to be fatal when you drop the stuff cold turkey. I knew that before I started taking them, but I didn't know how quickly you could get into a situation where withdrawals would be a very real issue and failed to plan accordingly

Looking back I should have gone to the doctor and told all and hopefully got tapered off them but yeah by the time I'd figured out what was going on, my mind was jelly. Hindsight.

Last edited:
Ok so I'm expecting my delivery today :) I was going to start off with 1mg, see how I feel then take another 1 if needed. What do you guys think? Shall I just go straight for the 2mg? Thanks in advance.

I'd just start with the 1mg and give it some time yeah, see how it works out.

edit: Inclined to say maybe half a mg depending on what your dose of diaz was, given 1mg of etiz seems to be rated at around the same as anywhere between 5 and 10mg of diaz depending on who you ask.

Thanks Snolly. I'll try 1mg. My previous doses of diaz range from 5mg twice a day to 5 four times a day.

yeah 2mg would almost certainly send you to sleep, if you have minimal /no tolerance.