• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Does Etizolam work?

etizolam works, but it doesn't last as long as diazepam imo, it also kicks in much faster

as far as withdrawals go.... I've never had much of a problem stopping after taking it for a couple of months, mostly just some insomnia (but there are reports from others who got much worse wds).. tolerance builds quickly, but also diminishes after a month or two without benzos

diclazepam lasts longer, kicks in slower, but isn't as recreational
idk about wds and tolerance because I never took it that long

idk about flubrazepam

its 6 - 7 times stronger than diazepam, if you go by what constitutes a reccomended dose and what i says on wiki, but it has a shorter half life than diazepam. Even so if i took one for sleep when i first started i could still feel the anxiolytic effects well into the next day.

Aye, I'd take 2mg Diazepam once in a blue moon for anxiety and it'd have the desired effect but not much more. 2mg of Etiz, before I built a tolerance, would have a much much stronger effect.

Wiki reckons that etiz is 6-7 times more effective than diazepam as an anxiolytic in terms of how much is required for 1 dose. Be very wary of picking up a habit, once your tolerance starts rising things can quickly get out of control.

Aye, I'd take 2mg Diazepam once in a blue moon for anxiety and it'd have the desired effect but not much more. 2mg of Etiz, before I built a tolerance, would have a much much stronger effect.

At last ! Someone to actually back up that Wiki statement. Ive only had diazepam once, cant even be sure if it was the real thing, but i had 6 of them and didnt feel a thing. brimz swears blind he cant feel a thing from etiz. Isnt it weird how things affect people differently. Maybe expectations and placebo effect play some part.

Yeah, most def! It's weird, but think you're right with that last sentence there. I can take or leave diaz but etiz I have to be strict with myself. I only notice I've taken diaz if I was really anxious beforehand but then my missus is prescribed it for anxiety and it has a noticeable effect on her, she appears as though she's mildly drunk.

I've taken a fair bit of diazepam over the years and it's always made me feel great! I find 10mg of diazepam is a good dose for relaxing. I've also taken a lot of lorazepam 1mg, which acts much faster than diazepam but also doesn't last anywhere near as long. Etiz sounds a lot like lorazepam. Well I guess I'll soon find out, I'm about to order 50 1 mg Etiz. Can someone tell me if theres a very noticeable calming effect with Etiz just like with normal benzos?

One thing I don't understand is; Here in the UK benzos are class A drugs, yet I can order Etiz legally from a UK based website. That makes me question whether Etiz really is a Benzo, surely the government, police would be all over websites selling class A drugs.

I'd put 1mg etizolam ~ 5mg diazepam ~ 0.5mg alprazolam. Diclazepam is a bit weird, 1mg doesn't have a peak as high as 1mg etizolam but lasts much longer, so if you multiplied duration*strength of effect they are about the same. But if you want a peak as high as 1mg etizolam, you need 2mg diclazepam. At least that's how it is for me.

>That makes me question whether Etiz really is a Benzo, surely the government, police would be all over websites selling class A drugs.
It is if you look at it's effects, but chemically it's a thienodiazepine.

>Can someone tell me if theres a very noticeable calming effect with Etiz just like with normal benzos?
Is for me. Maybe even some slight euphoria from the first few pills after a long break.

etiz is a thienodiazepam and is uncontrolled by any UK laws. It binds fully to all the benzo receptors in the brain and works just like a traditional benzo as a full agonist at these recptors. It has a different molecular structure due to being a thieno thingy. Im not sure about all the other RC benzos whether they are thieno thingies or 'normal' benzos. For fear of tempting fate im not going to say anything about etiz and UK legal status.

Are you sure benzos are class A ? I thought they were class C at most.

Etiz is extremely calming. I used to get anxious just having my hair cut, nowadays im so chilled out about it after an etiz that the last hairdresser said to me "you really dont care about your hair do you ?" I sort of do care really, I wouldnt want to have to walk around with a disasterous haircut. But i dont spend more than 30 seconds "styling" it.

Last edited:
etiz is a thienodiazepam and is uncontrolled by any UK laws. It binds fully to all the benzo receptors in the brain and works just like a traditional benzo as a full agonist at these recptors. Im not sure about all the other RC benzos whether they are thieno thingies or 'normal' benzos. For fear of tempting fate im not going to say anything about etiz and UK legal status.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to order some Etiz now, with any luck I'll have them and be flying high by the weekend :)

etiz is a thienodiazepam and is uncontrolled by any UK laws. It binds fully to all the benzo receptors in the brain and works just like a traditional benzo as a full agonist at these recptors. Im not sure about all the other RC benzos whether they are thieno thingies or 'normal' benzos. For fear of tempting fate im not going to say anything about etiz and UK legal status.

Off script they are class C yeah

Im not sure about all the other RC benzos whether they are thieno thingies or 'normal' benzos. For fear of tempting fate im not going to say anything about etiz and UK legal status.

The others (pyrazolam, diclazepam and flubromazepam) are normal benzos. And as far as I know all are still legal in the UK (and yes, etizolam still being legal is a surprise for me too).

Looking through some info on how we classify drugs here in the UK, and wikipedia's statement that only 'some' benzos were made Class C, I'm guessing they're legal because their chemical structure skirts the rules that would cause them to automatically become illegal? Hence why Bromazepam is controlled but Flubromazepam isn't? Same with Pyraz and Etiz. They all seem to have been first discovered forty or so years ago and then 'rediscovered' very recently. Makes me think that some benzos were added to the 'no go' list individually rather than benzos as a whole, then they added some laws defining substances that may not exist yet but would be illegal if created and distributed here, and then these new benzos pop up online that are benzos but aren't illegal here.

Fuck knows, I'm not presenting that as fact, I'm just wondering if that's why. I'm not well versed in the whys of UK drug law, just what is legal and what isn't. I find the chemistry related legal-ese hard to understand and can't find anything like 'babby's first drug law book' to explain it in simpler terms.

edit: might split this discussion into the benzo thread or its own thread. Though I also do not want to tempt fate.

Last edited:
Ahh Class C I stand corrected. I've just ordered 50 Etiz for £19, I checked the site was trusted first. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Sound, hope they work out for ya.

Will leave legality discussion here then seeing as your question has been answered and you've seen it :D

still sounds a bit like a bad idea though, going behind your doctors back.
oh well, i hope it all goes as planned eh

still sounds a bit like a bad idea though, going behind your doctors back.
oh well, i hope it all goes as planned eh

this is part of the problem when doctors or clinics or w/e refuse to help a patient do they think they are actually helping the patient by doing that ? Dont they know that the patient is probably just going to try to get what s/he wants through whatever means is possible, where no limits or guidelines are placed on consumption. Tbh i dont think they give a shit about the patients needs and are mainly interested in keeping their own backs covered and their own hands clean.

thats a bit harsh.
we dont know anything about why the op is on the medication he is currently on, nor of his discussions with his psychiatrist, or what the reason is he is denying him further benzo treatment. its a bit unfair to say doctors are all evil and inconsiderate of the patients needs. some really know what they are doing and they do what they do with the interest of the patient in mind. why would people go there in the first place, op included?
docs do know that some patients may try to get what they need from other sources but this is a case of judgment by the doc, if he feels confident in the patient and how the treatment is going. mistrust between patients and doc is the problem here, and only communication can solve it.

do you really believe that having meds from the doc and then taking more on your own is helping in the long run?

i know in my own experience if i had not been denied treatment for my opi and benzo problems by my own doctor and the clinics she referred me to, i would have been placed on a supervised taper. That may have increased my chances of success. As i was denied any help, i was forced to source products myself through the grey and blackmarkets and was left to my own devices. Of course i have to take responsibilty for my own actions i realise that, but for every patient these clinics turn away, that is a patient being turned away with no fix their problems and left to fend for themselves.

Last edited:
i dont deny some have had bad experiences or that not all docs are great. i also know that some of the people here have done what docs were not able to, and do ti at their own will and pace.

i did however want to raise the point to the OP that he give this idea a bit more consideration, as its a bit too easy to give / take advice over the internet. taking up benzos is not something to be taken lightly, and neither is self medication. the professional advice should be given at least the consideration given to people from an online forum, and not be sidelined that fast.

also not all people are able to hold their addictions and drugs in check, as probably more than one person on this forum has relapsed during their time of self-medication. it is a bit too optimistic to hope a greenlighter on his first posts might be able to do the same off the bat. not saying he couldnt, but one must be cautious with advice.